Jump to topic:

To all of the religious minorities...

lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 9:33:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
This includes: Atheists, Buddhists,Pagans,Deists, etc. Anybody who is the minority in their community/group of friends/family/etc. What are some weird questions that you get asked about your faith by people who don't understand you? just post your faith, and then tell.

this ought to be funny...
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 10:31:00 AM
At 11/17/2011 9:33:57 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
This includes: Atheists, Buddhists,Pagans,Deists, etc. Anybody who is the minority in their community/group of friends/family/etc. What are some weird questions that you get asked about your faith by people who don't understand you? just post your faith, and then tell.

Faith: Jewish

Questions: There are a lot of misunderstandings and lies about the Jewish faith. Amongst them is that the Talmud condones terrible immoral deeds. One question I get is if blood from Christian boys is used in the passover meal. LOL! What idiots.
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:22:51 AM
I am in a minority?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:30:14 AM
At 11/17/2011 11:22:51 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I am in a minority?

Yep we are.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:37:12 AM
I am in a minority?

yes, yes you are.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:37:35 AM
At 11/17/2011 11:30:14 AM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
I am in a minority?

Yep we are.

I had no idea.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:37:44 AM
At 11/17/2011 10:31:00 AM, Mr.Infidel wrote:

Questions: There are a lot of misunderstandings and lies about the Jewish faith. Amongst them is that the Talmud condones terrible immoral deeds. One question I get is if blood from Christian boys is used in the passover meal. LOL! What idiots.

LOL what a stupid question... of coarse they are.
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:39:30 AM
At 11/17/2011 11:37:35 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I am in a minority?

Yep we are.

I had no idea.

about 15% of the UK is atheist.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 11:47:46 AM
There is only 2% in the U.S.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 12:05:15 PM
At 11/17/2011 11:39:30 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
I am in a minority?

Yep we are.

I had no idea.

Nonsense.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 1:05:10 PM

lol I get similar stuff from people oddly enough and I'm not even a practicing jew. One person was all like "if gentiles ever find out what the Talmud REALLY says jews kill them." I kinda just rolled my eyes, hahaha.
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 1:50:36 PM
At 11/17/2011 12:05:15 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/17/2011 11:39:30 AM, lotus_flower wrote:
I am in a minority?

Yep we are.

I had no idea.

Nonsense.

That's what Wikipedia said
Lol
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 1:52:21 PM
At 11/17/2011 1:05:10 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

lol I get similar stuff from people oddly enough and I'm not even a practicing jew. One person was all like "if gentiles ever find out what the Talmud REALLY says jews kill them." I kinda just rolled my eyes, hahaha.

Lol that would make it a lot more interesting
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 2:17:54 PM
At 11/17/2011 1:52:21 PM, lotus_flower wrote:
At 11/17/2011 1:05:10 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Lol that would make it a lot more interesting

lol yea. Quotes from the Talmud are apparently twisted though to slander jews. I have no actual verification of this, however.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 3:06:53 PM
Too Long To Type.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 4:53:11 PM
Most of the questions I am asked are more attacks posed as questions.

They aren't honest questions. The worst part is trying to explain something to someone, and them telling you that isn't what you really believe.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 5:00:53 PM
At 11/17/2011 4:50:45 PM, WriterSelbe wrote:
Um, you forgot agnostics!

Biggest question: "So, you're just questioning your faith?"

I have no faith to question...beotch.

Lol I know! I got asked that a lot when I defined as eclectic
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 5:01:59 PM
At 11/17/2011 4:53:11 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Most of the questions I am asked are more attacks posed as questions.

They aren't honest questions. The worst part is trying to explain something to someone, and them telling you that isn't what you really believe.
Oh GOD I know. Lol
WriterSelbe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 5:02:28 PM
At 11/17/2011 5:00:53 PM, lotus_flower wrote:

Lol, eclectic. That's awesome. If you went to my school, you'd get beat up. Catholic school~!
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2011 9:14:57 PM
At 11/17/2011 5:02:28 PM, WriterSelbe wrote:
At 11/17/2011 5:00:53 PM, lotus_flower wrote:

Lol, eclectic. That's awesome. If you went to my school, you'd get beat up. Catholic school~!

Lol I was eclectic because pagan to them =satanism. Lol baptist school sucked.
Rasheed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 1:48:28 PM
Faith: Muslim.

Question:"Are you a terrorist?"

Answer: "No dummy, I am an Army Veteran (19 Kilo, M1A1 Tank Crewman), who fought during the first Gulf War with the First Armored Division. Have you wore the uniform?!!

Question: "What do you thing about the Ground Zero Mosque?"

"Seeing that I am a native New Yorker, born and raised, and my older sister nearly lost her life on 9/11 (she's Muslim also) as a first responder, and my brother in law was a sergeant detective ( he's Muslim also) sifted through the rubble that was brought to the Jersey landfill looking for body parts, and my brother, who is a narcotics detective (you guessed it, he's Muslim!), fought in Iraq, I fought in Desert Shield/Storm, and my daughter (you already know what religion she follows) is in the Army RIGHT NOW, I dare someone to tell me that I can't worship ANY PLACE I WANT TO!!"
Say; He Allah (S.W.T.) is One God, He Begets not, nor is He begotten, and there is none like unto Him."
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 6:30:48 PM
At 11/18/2011 1:48:28 PM, Rasheed wrote:

Answer: "No dummy, I am an Army Veteran (19 Kilo, M1A1 Tank Crewman), who fought during the first Gulf War with the First Armored Division. Have you wore the uniform?!!

"Seeing that I am a native New Yorker, born and raised, and my older sister nearly lost her life on 9/11 (she's Muslim also) as a first responder, and my brother in law was a sergeant detective ( he's Muslim also) sifted through the rubble that was brought to the Jersey landfill looking for body parts, and my brother, who is a narcotics detective (you guessed it, he's Muslim!), fought in Iraq, I fought in Desert Shield/Storm, and my daughter (you already know what religion she follows) is in the Army RIGHT NOW, I dare someone to tell me that I can't worship ANY PLACE I WANT TO!!"

I agree. Muslims are way too persecuted here. Also, I believe the name "ground zero mosque" adds fuel to a fire that should have never Even began. It is rediculous.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 12:34:09 AM
At 11/18/2011 1:48:28 PM, Rasheed wrote:

Well said. It's also ridiculous opposition, considering the mosque is NOT even right on ground zero, but a few blocks away.
Renascor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 2:32:29 PM

You also failed to add Christian.

It seems today that there is not even a full 12% of actual-Bible-believing-Christians. today we just see many "interpreted denominational cults".
I'm never misunderstood, I'm only misinterpreted.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 2:48:59 PM
I never get asked any questions about my faith because I never discuss it. How often are all of you having religious conversations IRL?
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 3:01:59 PM
At 11/19/2011 2:48:59 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
I never get asked any questions about my faith because I never discuss it. How often are all of you having religious conversations IRL?

To give you an idea, there are members of my family who are incapable of going 2 or 3 sentences without making some type of reference to their religion.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 3:13:43 PM
At 11/19/2011 2:32:29 PM, Renascor wrote:

You also failed to add Christian.

It seems today that there is not even a full 12% of actual-Bible-believing-Christians. today we just see many "interpreted denominational cults".

ABout 76% of America is made of of Christians, according to the last census. To call only 12 percent true believers,and the rest "cults" is intellectually dishonest.
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 3:14:39 PM
At 11/19/2011 2:48:59 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

Every day. But, I also live in the south, so...