Jump to topic:

Examine Your Beliefs!

Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 9:50:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I would like everyone to examine their beliefs. Ask yourself what question, "Upon what basis is my belief upon?" If you cannot come up with a reasonable answer, I encourage you to ask yourself why you believe it if you cannot rationalize it.

This goes for everyone: atheists, Jews, Christians, Muslims, etc.

I have examined my belief and came to the conclusion the basis I make my belief upon is fulfilment of prophecy and the national revelation at Mount Sinai.

Feel free to share yours!
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 9:58:23 AM
At 11/18/2011 9:50:40 AM, Mr.Infidel wrote:
I would like everyone to examine their beliefs. Ask yourself what question, "Upon what basis is my belief upon?" If you cannot come up with a reasonable answer, I encourage you to ask yourself why you believe it if you cannot rationalize it.

I have examined my belief and came to the conclusion the basis I make my belief upon is fulfilment of prophecy and the national revelation at Mount Sinai.

I first was guided by the Holy Spirit at the behest of the God of the Jews. The Father spoke to me and taught me.

I met the Jesus, the son of the God of the Jews and came to the conclusion that Christianity was obviously true.

I then met the demons that litter the world.

Admist all of this I began to learn about the Bible and who God was.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 10:02:08 AM
Agnostic because I just don't know..lol
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 10:11:42 AM
At 11/18/2011 9:58:23 AM, Gileandos wrote:

I first was guided by the Holy Spirit at the behest of the God of the Jews. The Father spoke to me and taught me.

I met the Jesus, the son of the God of the Jews and came to the conclusion that Christianity was obviously true.

With all due respect, your beliefs are based soley upon a personal revelation. Upon what basis should I accept your beliefs? (I am NOT calling you a liar in any way).
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 10:15:30 AM
I believe that the world is a physical reality and not a computer generated illusion like the matrix. Everyone else does as well. Upon what do we base that belief?
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 10:51:55 AM
At 11/18/2011 10:11:42 AM, Mr.Infidel wrote:
At 11/18/2011 9:58:23 AM, Gileandos wrote:

With all due respect, your beliefs are based soley upon a personal revelation. Upon what basis should I accept your beliefs? (I am NOT calling you a liar in any way).

Good question.
The Bible is the very recorded special revelation of the interaction of people, and a nation that interacted with God before us.
If that is not enough God even commands a personal interaction with him.

Nothing I have done is "personal" to me. You can duplicate everything I have experienced. I am not special in that way.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 11:07:57 AM
At 11/18/2011 10:15:30 AM, Kinesis wrote:
I believe that the world is a physical reality and not a computer generated illusion like the matrix. Everyone else does as well. Upon what do we base that belief?

I don't believe that. I am undecided.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 11:20:39 AM
At 11/18/2011 11:07:57 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

So your a Matrix agnostic eh? If you want to take the blue pill answer the phone in 30 seconds.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 11:24:32 AM
In a nutshell.

There appears to be no strong case for an intelligent orgin of the universe or life, and a lot of circumstantial evidence against such a notion. The claims of most religions are generally self-contradictory or without evidence.

Problem of evil, which is both an excellent and a terrible argument against God but ulitmately tells us that the omni God can not exist and a lesser God does not care. Prayer has no supernatural benefit, the religious do not have magic powers, it is as if God does not exist, so we may as well live as though he does not.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 11:26:46 AM
At 11/18/2011 11:20:39 AM, Crede wrote:
At 11/18/2011 11:07:57 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

So your a Matrix agnostic eh? If you want to take the blue pill answer the phone in 30 seconds.

To be fair I generally make the assumption that the world is real, because to do not is the definition of insanity. But I don't know that the world is real.

Would I take the pill... I am not sure. Realistically I do not know what reality is waiting for me. Are the machines from the Matrix truly malevolent?
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 11:54:16 AM

I always thought that was a fairly strong case for Judaism personally, considering it supposably wasn't just one person claiming to have spoken to God.

As for my own beliefs, I'm skeptical of clergy because they just add a bunch of stupid man-made crap which isn't needed. Not to mention, they are the cause of most religious violence. I am a theist however, because I just feel that many things in this world are much too complex to have happened by chance. How much influence God actually has over us is another matter entirely.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2011 11:57:54 AM
At 11/18/2011 11:54:16 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

I always thought that was a fairly strong case for Judaism personally, considering it supposably wasn't just one person claiming to have spoken to God.

There are numerous examples of mass delusions and shared halluncination.

As for my own beliefs, I'm skeptical of clergy because they just add a bunch of stupid man-made crap which isn't needed. Not to mention, they are the cause of most religious violence. I am a theist however, because I just feel that many things in this world are much too complex to have happened by chance. How much influence God actually has over us is another matter entirely.