Jump to topic:

The Personal Experience Challenge

Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 12:48:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I would like to setup a Personal Experience Challenge for each of the Atheists.

C_N. has accepted the Challenge.

Some of the things within this challenge could be dangerous, so you have been warned and you accept and perform these things at your own risk.

Challenge:
You cannot experience God without Holiness, but this does not mean you cannot experience demons.

If you are a Christian you may not be able to complete these requirements, as you are directly commanded by God not do seek after demonic spirits, without protection.

However, athiests have no such concern.

First step:
You must go where demons are more certain to hang out.

This would be the inner-city areas. Now if you are too young you will bring bad people "after" you. Please do not go into these areas.
Choose less likely places like palm readers, haunted locations, cemetaries and such.

Second step:
Within these areas you will need to "pick-up" one of these demons.
This can be done by angering the demons. You will while in these areas, personally insult these demons in a very athiestic arrogant way.

Demons will be floating by you in thin air, so please do not personally insult the drug dealer on the corner who is of a different ethnity than you.
That would be physically dangerous.

Just go into the location in a private area, not alleys as you will be tracked by criminals and mugged, and insult the air at the loudest volume you can.

3rd Step:
Go home and begin to contact this demon in an arrogant way. Insult him in as creative ways. I am sure the atheist can be very creative in their insults.

You can sit alone in the dark that night and spend a couple of hours insulting the darkness or you can use more direct means, while alone using a ouija board begin to ask simple questions interspersed with insults.

You will want EVP recorders or some other scientific devices within your monetary means to record events if you prefer something more than mere personal experience.

4th step:
Log results.

Feel free to repeat step 2 and 3 as necessary.

- like any good scientist you must setup a control or baseline experience first.
- Additionally you will want around 200 samples of inner-city trips with that evening attempting contact with a significant amount of time devoted to the contact process.
- Once contact is made you will want to increase communication as the particular spirit is comfortable. Insults gain the fastest results.

Disclaimer:
Once you have sufficiently made these spirits angry, only a Christian excorcist can remove them.
You do this at your own risk.
You will gain personal experience but there is nothing you can do to "make" this demon leave outside of an excorcism.
Demons can interact with the physical and cause major illness, accidents etc...

Any questions?
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 12:54:39 PM
I'm going to politely decline as screaming at the sky in the alleyway of an inner city is not my cup of tea. Nor is playing with ouija boards and saying insults in the dark for hours on end; this sort of reminds me of how in Kindergarten we had this urban legend floating around where if you went into the bathroom, turned off all the lights and said "bloody mary" 3 times while spinning around then you would see "Bloody Mary" (and she killed you?) Could C_N test this one too?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 1:01:22 PM
First step:

This would be the inner-city areas.:

LOL! Uh, and how do you know demons "hang out" in inner cities?

Second step:
This can be done by angering the demons. You will while in these areas, personally insult these demons in a very athiestic arrogant way.:

Is this a joke? Serious question.

Any questions?:

Yes. We're you dropped on your head as a baby?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 1:03:40 PM
Gileandos, perhaps you should consider some psychoanalysis, no?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 1:07:34 PM
For the record, I've already called Poe's Law on this guy.

Demons don't fvck with me though, they know who their master is.

hee hee hee ho hoo haa haa haaaaaaaaa....
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 1:20:15 PM
This is very clearly a practical joke, guys.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 1:26:04 PM
At 11/19/2011 1:20:15 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
This is very clearly a practical joke, guys.:

I'm not so sure... consider the source!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 1:59:59 PM
No - he is very serious and actually believes that doing this will convince us that there is a God.

Curiously, however, he seems to think that we would actually be able to confront demons this way... What will the conclusion be when nobody is able to replicate his psychosis?

Should we start a collection fund to get him some treatment?
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 2:19:19 PM
At 11/19/2011 1:59:59 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
No - he is very serious and actually believes that doing this will convince us that there is a God.

Curiously, however, he seems to think that we would actually be able to confront demons this way... What will the conclusion be when nobody is able to replicate his psychosis?

My point is to prove you guys are absolutely unwilling to even try a practical approach to the supernatural.

You will never "experience" these things if you never try.

You will never learn about God if you run around claiming God is merely a flying spaghetti monster.

Though yes, you will net a personal experience by pissing of a demon.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 2:26:53 PM
At 11/19/2011 2:19:19 PM, Gileandos wrote:

My point is to prove you guys are absolutely unwilling to even try a practical approach to the supernatural.

You will never learn about God if you run around claiming God is merely a flying spaghetti monster.

I've already had my "personal experiences" with God. I now know what brought on these experiences.

In every case, it was when I was in some type of compromised state. Usually in a church setting, sometimes in my room with a bible.

After gaining a deeper insight into my own psychology, I began to understand these experiences for what they truly were.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 2:26:56 PM
At 11/19/2011 12:54:39 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
I'm going to politely decline as screaming at the sky in the alleyway of an inner city is not my cup of tea. Nor is playing with ouija boards and saying insults in the dark for hours on end; this sort of reminds me of how in Kindergarten we had this urban legend floating around where if you went into the bathroom, turned off all the lights and said "bloody mary" 3 times while spinning around then you would see "Bloody Mary" (and she killed you?) Could C_N test this one too?

LOL, a very large difference between the claim of non-physical demons by countless individuals and an urban legend of Bloody Mary.

You should avoid equivocating with "misleading vividness" fallacy.

Though I stated that the inner-city portion should cause many to balk, but it would net the greatest results.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 2:28:10 PM
At 11/19/2011 1:01:22 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
First step:

This would be the inner-city areas.:

LOL! Uh, and how do you know demons "hang out" in inner cities?

That is where I have met the majority of them.

Second step:
This can be done by angering the demons. You will while in these areas, personally insult these demons in a very athiestic arrogant way.:

Is this a joke? Serious question.

Lol it was not a question but a practical occurance.

Any questions?:

Yes. We're you dropped on your head as a baby?

LOL, ad hominem? Why?
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 3:25:12 PM

I live in the inner city, yet have never encountered a demon before. However, I do see lots of other people wandering around talking to the air as though they are trying to summon demons... those people are off their medication, not seeking supernatural experience.

Maybe I should try Capitol Hill instead of the inner city? That's where the gays live... surely there are more demons there??
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 3:36:49 PM
Alright, I will do so, as long as you do mine to prove the FSM monster:

Get a bunch of spaghetti, about 3 kg.

go to birmingham (where the largest concentration of his powers lies, because of the masses of noodle shops).

In Birmingham, go to 8934 people (the holy number) and call them the appropriate racist insult. Then challenge them to a fight, giving them a knife.

On the 8934th:

feel the power emanate from inside you. The fact that you were never hurt proves that he is protecting you.

Else:

You did it wrong.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 7:12:17 PM
At 11/19/2011 3:25:12 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:

I live in the inner city, yet have never encountered a demon before. However, I do see lots of other people wandering around talking to the air as though they are trying to summon demons... those people are off their medication, not seeking supernatural experience.

Maybe I should try Capitol Hill instead of the inner city? That's where the gays live... surely there are more demons there??

As I have stated before you have too many presuppositions.
You assume a natural cause for the inner-city schizophrenia and psychosis.

If I provided a video evidence of my countless encounters with God, you would cry fake.
If I provided countless recordings of the Holy Spirit you would cry fake.

If I provided you "in person" evidence of a man with a missing limb, who has that limb regrow through prayer, you would claim
"OMG! Proof of Evolution! Humans must have a latent Lizard gene for regeneration."

If you will not undertake this clearly observable scientific approach you have clear presuppositions.

The fact that you must fallaciously appeal to ridicule proves again you do not have a valid viewpoint.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 7:19:02 PM
At 11/19/2011 3:36:49 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
Alright, I will do so, as long as you do mine to prove the FSM monster:

Get a bunch of spaghetti, about 3 kg.

go to birmingham (where the largest concentration of his powers lies, because of the masses of noodle shops).

In Birmingham, go to 8934 people (the holy number) and call them the appropriate racist insult. Then challenge them to a fight, giving them a knife.

On the 8934th:

feel the power emanate from inside you. The fact that you were never hurt proves that he is protecting you.

Else:

You did it wrong.

Lol, first that is again another appeal to ridicule, which is a fallacy.

Second, you are clearly jumping on the bandwagon, which is another fallacy. Nothing about your response is valid.

Third, you did nothing to refute the scientific nature of the proposed test. If you feel that it would provide poor results and is not scientific please assert why. An appeal to ridicule is a last resort for a person with no valid response.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 7:38:33 PM
At 11/19/2011 2:26:53 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

I've already had my "personal experiences" with God. I now know what brought on these experiences.

In every case, it was when I was in some type of compromised state. Usually in a church setting, sometimes in my room with a bible.

After gaining a deeper insight into my own psychology, I began to understand these experiences for what they truly were.

This appears to be a claim to personal specific revelation.
If that is indeed what you are claiming then this would be a biased sample.

That is not what religion does. Religion is a collection of common and agreed upon experiences from a similiar source with a small percentage divergence that is common with any personal testimony.

A divergent experience is the same concept two children are raised. One that sneaks out of the house will have a different experience with the father than the brother who is dilligently good.

The two boys will have a mostly identical account, where they were taken to the ballpark, zoo, the "talk", etc...
They will diverge on a point where the father was too strict. The good child was obedient and felt the father was not too strict. The brother who wanted to go out every night against the father's will will consider the father too strict in that regard.

That is the sum of Christianity. It is theologically 97% in agreement with the expected divergence of experience.

The denominations that are most divergent claim that God does not involve himself in the church via experience any more. You can see why the divergence would occur.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 7:56:51 PM
At 11/19/2011 12:48:01 PM, Gileandos wrote:

Some of the things within this challenge could be dangerous, so you have been warned and you accept and perform these things at your own risk.

Challenge:
You cannot experience God without Holiness, but this does not mean you cannot experience demons.

If you are a Christian you may not be able to complete these requirements, as you are directly commanded by God not do seek after demonic spirits, without protection.

First step:

This would be the inner-city areas. Now if you are too young you will bring bad people "after" you. Please do not go into these areas.
Choose less likely places like palm readers, haunted locations, cemetaries and such.

Second step:
This can be done by angering the demons. You will while in these areas, personally insult these demons in a very athiestic arrogant way.

Demons will be floating by you in thin air, so please do not personally insult the drug dealer on the corner who is of a different ethnity than you.

Just go into the location in a private area, not alleys as you will be tracked by criminals and mugged, and insult the air at the loudest volume you can.

3rd Step:
Go home and begin to contact this demon in an arrogant way. Insult him in as creative ways. I am sure the atheist can be very creative in their insults.

You can sit alone in the dark that night and spend a couple of hours insulting the darkness or you can use more direct means, while alone using a ouija board begin to ask simple questions interspersed with insults.

You will want EVP recorders or some other scientific devices within your monetary means to record events if you prefer something more than mere personal experience.

4th step:
Log results.

- like any good scientist you must setup a control or baseline experience first.
- Additionally you will want around 200 samples of inner-city trips with that evening attempting contact with a significant amount of time devoted to the contact process.
- Once contact is made you will want to increase communication as the particular spirit is comfortable. Insults gain the fastest results.

Disclaimer:
Once you have sufficiently made these spirits angry, only a Christian excorcist can remove them.
You will gain personal experience but there is nothing you can do to "make" this demon leave outside of an excorcism.

Any questions?

Yeah. What guarantee do we have that if any one of us does this and reports that nothing happened you'll simply dismiss us as lying or not having done it correctly?
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 8:14:59 PM
At 11/19/2011 7:56:51 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/19/2011 12:48:01 PM, Gileandos wrote:

Challenge:

First step:

Second step:

3rd Step:

4th step:
Log results.

Disclaimer:

Any questions?

Yeah. What guarantee do we have that if any one of us does this and reports that nothing happened you'll simply dismiss us as lying or not having done it correctly?

Good question.
I have already stated to Tarzan the following:
"As I have stated before you (Tarzan) have too many presuppositions.
You assume a natural cause for the inner-city schizophrenia and psychosis.

If I provided a video evidence of my countless encounters with God, you would cry fake.
If I provided countless recordings of the Holy Spirit you would cry fake.

If I provided you "in person" evidence of a man with a missing limb, who has that limb regrow through prayer, you would claim
"OMG! Proof of Evolution! Humans must have a latent Lizard gene for regeneration."

If you will not undertake this clearly observable scientific approach you have clear presuppositions."

Your question amounts to the fact do I have presuppositions?
I have already leveled a presuppositional worldview upon naturalism.

I once was not even close to religious. I was a heavy agnostic and a practical athiest.

I have a personal track record of converting when I encounter sufficient evidence.

We could simply track your progress by enlisting a youth pastor or church leader of a Holiness denomination to track your progress and aid you in understanding the results and guiding your experimentation.

That way you will have both perspectives as you progress.

I however, would not trust anyone to actually perform the challenge on this website. They would likely lie and continue a pursuit of ridicule.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 8:31:54 PM
The personal experience is not necessarily the most reliable piece of evidence that you will find.

I'd think that any amount of time spent talking with living, breathing, actual human beings would make this apparent. I'd think that honestly looking back at the way one experiences things throughout their lives, from childhood to adult would testify to this. I'd think that anyone's experiences with stage magic would make this clear.

There is something fundamentally dishonest about claiming certainty when it comes to things that are both implausible and outside of your own epistemological limitations.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 8:34:19 PM
At 11/19/2011 8:14:59 PM, Gileandos wrote:
I however, would not trust anyone to actually perform the challenge on this website. They would likely lie and continue a pursuit of ridicule.

Then there is no point in doing it.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:24:27 PM
At 11/19/2011 8:34:19 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/19/2011 8:14:59 PM, Gileandos wrote:

Then there is no point in doing it.

Not at all.
1:You will verify a personal supernatural experience for yourself.
2:You could also document your scientific foray with a video for verification.

I am just not willing to take presuppositionalists "word" for it.
I am dead certain, based upon my own personal experiences you will engage them if you follow that simplistic and scientific process.
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:26:11 PM
Will you provide examples of what you consider to be sufficient "atheistic insults" ?? I can walk down under the viaduct and try it and see what happens...
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 10:39:18 PM
At 11/19/2011 10:26:11 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
Will you provide examples of what you consider to be sufficient "atheistic insults" ?? I can walk down under the viaduct and try it and see what happens...

Be arrogant and perceptably untouchable.
Curse at them. Taunt them to physically interact or speak to you that sort of stuff.

It is best to do at night. They like scaring you.

A viaduct is a water transport. What gives you the likelyhood they would be there? A teenage drug party might have better results.

Where dissaffected humans with little religious protection is where they tend to congregate.
You would also have a likelyhood of picking up one at a church during an evening service or sunday morning. However, the church might not welcome you taunting the air around you.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 5:39:26 AM
Okay I am not sure how to take this, I believe that Gleandros is at best absurdly superstitious, at worse he should seek help. I don't where on that line he falls, everyone is entitled to bizarre belief systems and even someone like David Icke is essentially lucid so it is a very muddy and confusing area.

However, I am strong believer in that the scientific method (or pseudo-scientific method) can be applied to almost anything and should be applied wherever possible. This is for what it is worth is a 'scientific' test and I spend my time badgering theists to offer up such things.

Now on one hand I feel that is a childish waste of my time, on the other hand I am inclined to do it. An online record of this would make for quite an interesting twitter account... and I have unfortunately already accepted the challenge.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 12:13:02 PM
At 11/20/2011 5:39:26 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Okay I am not sure how to take this, I believe that Gleandros is at best absurdly superstitious, at worse he should seek help. I don't where on that line he falls, everyone is entitled to bizarre belief systems and even someone like David Icke is essentially lucid so it is a very muddy and confusing area.

To be fair to me (hint, hint) the Jewish writings, the Christian Bible, the Christian religion and history is rich with claims of demonic interaction.
If I am deluded it is clearly a common and mass delusion.

Naturalists also, as I explained to Izbo, also think its crazy to gather on sunday morning to sing songs to a 2000 year old dead person.

However, I am strong believer in that the scientific method (or pseudo-scientific method) can be applied to almost anything and should be applied wherever possible. This is for what it is worth is a 'scientific' test and I spend my time badgering theists to offer up such things.

I completely agree and am grateful for you to pursue this.

Now on one hand I feel that is a childish waste of my time, on the other hand I am inclined to do it. An online record of this would make for quite an interesting twitter account... and I have unfortunately already accepted the challenge.

I would love it.

If I may be so bold to make suggestions as I have conducted scientific experiments in the past. (Not on supernaturalism)

Remember a control must be created and recorded.
You will need to spend many hours, and many nights, prior to "getting" a demon to follow you home. This should be done in the dark with no taunts and such just sitting and listening to each of the "natural" noises your house produces or street noises that pass through your walls, passing large trucks can cause windows to slightly rattle you were unaware of previously etc..

This should be held as the baseline and ignored in the records of the experiment. It is also best to create as sterile an environment as possible. No TV's and such on during the baseline and after etc...

Think through some of the aspects of the test and pre-record them.

When you convert due to the demonic occurances that will be gathered to you, and when you try to convince people later they will pick apart your experiment with other plausible sources of the activity you did not account for.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 12:26:37 PM
I seriously think that Gil just wants you to make a wanker of yourself shouting into the air in the middle of a bad neighborhood.

Wouldn't a ouiji board, a satanic bible, and some blood red candles arranged in the proper satanic fashion be sufficient? Maybe a chicken that can be used for a blood sacrifice(you can always eat it later, so you don't have to feel guilty about murdering a retarded bird)?

Then maybe recite some diabolical latin chants over Scandinavian Satan metal played lightly in the background... Or if you can afford to rent them, Mongolian throat singers.

Actually, come to think of it, maybe a bad neighborhood is a good place for you to freak out in. At least, everyone will just think you are trippin' bawlz, and pay you no mind. At worst, you'll get locked up for being loony. Mental Hospitals I hear are even better environments for channeling demons, and I'd know, I've been in one.
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 2:17:58 PM
At 11/19/2011 10:39:18 PM, Gileandos wrote:
At 11/19/2011 10:26:11 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:

Be arrogant and perceptably untouchable.
Curse at them. Taunt them to physically interact or speak to you that sort of stuff.

It is best to do at night. They like scaring you.

So things like "You don't scare me;" "Come at me, pu$$y demons;" and "Let's see what you can do - hit me;" should work?

A viaduct is a water transport. What gives you the likelyhood they would be there? A teenage drug party might have better results.

A viaduct is any bridge composed of several smaller spans. An aquaduct carries water. Drug dealers hang out under the viaduct.

Where dissaffected humans with little religious protection is where they tend to congregate.

So, also Capitol Hill where the gays live? I mean, that would be much easier for me - I walk through there daily.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 2:18:50 PM
At 11/20/2011 12:26:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I seriously think that Gil just wants you to make a wanker of yourself shouting into the air in the middle of a bad neighborhood.

I was specific in telling the person doing the experiment to find a remote and private location that would not endanger yourself while attempting to piss off the demons.

Wouldn't a ouiji board, a satanic bible, and some blood red candles arranged in the proper satanic fashion be sufficient? Maybe a chicken that can be used for a blood sacrifice(you can always eat it later, so you don't have to feel guilty about murdering a retarded bird)?

Again, nothing about these acts would demand the presence of demon. The results of such a concept would be sporatic.
To guarentee you will pick up demon you must go where you know they already are.
Just doing something bad does not get you a demon.

Actually, come to think of it, maybe a bad neighborhood is a good place for you to freak out in. At least, everyone will just think you are trippin' bawlz, and pay you no mind. At worst, you'll get locked up for being loony. Mental Hospitals I hear are even better environments for channeling demons, and I'd know, I've been in one.

Again, did you read the post where you do this in the location of ambient demons but not to do it in front of people, especially inner-city people. If you start cursing and mocking demons it could be mistaken by the very bad people that live there.

But, I will agree if you have access to mental hospitals that would bring a high degree of success, however, that might have reprecussions to the length of your stay.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 2:27:41 PM
If I know anything about bad neighborhoods, it is that there is always someone watching.