Jump to topic:

Another Personal Experience Challenge

JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 2:06:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Disclaimer - I am not responsible for any weight gain, loss of religion, or feelings of satisfaction that may arise.

Step 1:

Go to a trendy part of town and find the best Italian restaurant in the area. This is where Angels of the Flying Spaghetti Monster like to hang out.

Step 2:

In your most creative manner, describe to the Angels who float around beside you why Italian food is awful and it is really Mexican food that carries the day. Be careful not to insult the actual chef of the restaurant.

Step 3:

You may want to take a video camera, or possibly review the experience on Yelp, just in case personal experience isn't enough.

If you are unable to communicate with the angels, clearly you are doing it wrong. They exist for certain. If you get one inside you, I should warn you that they are pretty heavy and rich, and only X-lax can get them out of you.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 2:17:00 PM
At 11/19/2011 2:06:11 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
Disclaimer - I am not responsible for any weight gain, loss of religion, or feelings of satisfaction that may arise.

Step 1:

Go to a trendy part of town and find the best Italian restaurant in the area. This is where Angels of the Flying Spaghetti Monster like to hang out.

Step 2:

In your most creative manner, describe to the Angels who float around beside you why Italian food is awful and it is really Mexican food that carries the day. Be careful not to insult the actual chef of the restaurant.

Step 3:

You may want to take a video camera, or possibly review the experience on Yelp, just in case personal experience isn't enough.

If you are unable to communicate with the angels, clearly you are doing it wrong. They exist for certain. If you get one inside you, I should warn you that they are pretty heavy and rich, and only X-lax can get them out of you.

LOL!

Ridicule is clear evidence of fear.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 2:18:25 PM
At 11/19/2011 2:17:00 PM, Gileandos wrote:

LOL!

as he ridicules your challenge...wow.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 2:22:40 PM
At 11/19/2011 2:18:25 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/19/2011 2:17:00 PM, Gileandos wrote:

LOL!

as he ridicules your challenge...wow.

It is not fallacious or unreasonable to use a reduction ad absurdum.
http://www.iep.utm.edu...

If Tarzan responds for a clear call for scientific experimentation with an absurd response.....
It is valid to respond with a reduction ad asburdum.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 2:23:14 PM

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

I always knew there was a reason I didn't like you, you are an irrational flying spaghetti monster cult member, failing to recognize the one true god, pinky the invisible pink unicorn.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 2:29:15 PM
At 11/19/2011 2:23:14 PM, izbo10 wrote:

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

I always knew there was a reason I didn't like you, you are an irrational flying spaghetti monster cult member, failing to recognize the one true god, pinky the invisible pink unicorn.

You also think Catholics are stupid for going every sunday morning to drink the blood and eat the flesh of a 2000 year old dead person.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 4:00:57 PM
At 11/19/2011 2:29:15 PM, Gileandos wrote:

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

You also think Catholics are stupid for going every sunday morning to drink the blood and eat the flesh of a 2000 year old dead person.

Gileandos, can you tell me why your experiment would work, using scientific statements, rather than presuppositions? That is, I can test gravity is real by dropping a pen as I can observe the pen hitting the floor when it escapes from my hand, instead of floating or flying.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 5:13:38 PM
At 11/19/2011 2:29:15 PM, Gileandos wrote:

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

yes they are stupid, see the thing is I joke abou the ipu, they really think a 2000 year old dead person is their friend and they actually eat their flesh.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 5:17:20 PM
So, another thread derailed by the works of professor Izbo10?

Izbo10, let me ask you this: why do you care so much about a dead man and his followers who worship a sky wizard?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2011 5:45:22 PM

You will not blaspheme against His Noodly Appendage lest he smite you with garlic, tomatoes, and His Delicious and Most Holy Alfredo Sauce whence cometh forth from His Only Un-Noodly Appendage.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2011 5:45:23 AM
At 11/19/2011 5:17:20 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
So, another thread derailed by the works of professor Izbo10?

Izbo10, let me ask you this: why do you care so much about a dead man and his followers who worship a sky wizard?

To be fair this was a theist bashing thread already! But good question nonetheless!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.