Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

SErious question for idiot theists

izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 4:46:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Why when an argument comes up do you think an atheist is required to give your god any more grounds in plausibility, in discussion of causing things then any other supernatural being? You do realize that as an atheist I hold your god on the same level of reality as fairies so for me it is not an attack to ask why you think god is responsible for moral values existing over per say fairies, why do you think I am obligated to give your god more credit then fairies?
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 4:53:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hey man, leave the fairies out of this.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 5:28:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Did anyone see the episode of South Park with the Militant Agnostics?
It was frikkin' hilarious.
"Dr Pepper is an agnostic drink. Is it root beer? Is it cola? We can never know."
ROFL.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 5:50:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 4:46:48 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Why when an argument comes up do you think an atheist is required to give your god any more grounds in plausibility, in discussion of causing things then any other supernatural being? You do realize that as an atheist I hold your god on the same level of reality as fairies so for me it is not an attack to ask why you think god is responsible for moral values existing over per say fairies, why do you think I am obligated to give your god more credit then fairies?

You post title is only a reflection of your poor character. As smart as you think you are I am surprised you haven't figured this out yet. Insulting entire demographics of people for no apparent reason. Poor taste, poor character, poor judgement, poor manners, poor everything. Don't take what I have said as an insult, it is a factual observation about you on this site.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 5:54:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 5:50:38 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 11/21/2011 4:46:48 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Why when an argument comes up do you think an atheist is required to give your god any more grounds in plausibility, in discussion of causing things then any other supernatural being? You do realize that as an atheist I hold your god on the same level of reality as fairies so for me it is not an attack to ask why you think god is responsible for moral values existing over per say fairies, why do you think I am obligated to give your god more credit then fairies?

You post title is only a reflection of your poor character. As smart as you think you are I am surprised you haven't figured this out yet. Insulting entire demographics of people for no apparent reason. Poor taste, poor character, poor judgement, poor manners, poor everything. Don't take what I have said as an insult, it is a factual observation about you on this site.

I don't discriminate I think a majority of the atheists on this site are complete idiots as well. Also there are theists intelligent enough not to use stupid arguments like the argument for morality or design where this problem comes up. I wanted to hit the target market, like mr. infidel who thinks this is a good argument:

If objective morality exists,god exists
objective morality exists
therefore god exists.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
lotus_flower
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 6:06:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Sometimes I am called a fairy.
Do I not exist anymore?
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
*******************************************************
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 7:04:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 5:54:45 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/21/2011 5:50:38 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 11/21/2011 4:46:48 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Why when an argument comes up do you think an atheist is required to give your god any more grounds in plausibility, in discussion of causing things then any other supernatural being? You do realize that as an atheist I hold your god on the same level of reality as fairies so for me it is not an attack to ask why you think god is responsible for moral values existing over per say fairies, why do you think I am obligated to give your god more credit then fairies?

You post title is only a reflection of your poor character. As smart as you think you are I am surprised you haven't figured this out yet. Insulting entire demographics of people for no apparent reason. Poor taste, poor character, poor judgement, poor manners, poor everything. Don't take what I have said as an insult, it is a factual observation about you on this site.

I don't discriminate I think a majority of the atheists on this site are complete idiots as well. Also there are theists intelligent enough not to use stupid arguments like the argument for morality or design where this problem comes up. I wanted to hit the target market, like mr. infidel who thinks this is a good argument:

If objective morality exists,god exists
objective morality exists
therefore god exists.

Can you name one person on this site who you don't believe to be a complete idiot? No clever backhanded compliments, just straight answer. Any?
Mr.Infidel
Posts: 300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 7:18:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 7:04:01 PM, Rusty wrote:
At 11/21/2011 5:54:45 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/21/2011 5:50:38 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 11/21/2011 4:46:48 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Why when an argument comes up do you think an atheist is required to give your god any more grounds in plausibility, in discussion of causing things then any other supernatural being? You do realize that as an atheist I hold your god on the same level of reality as fairies so for me it is not an attack to ask why you think god is responsible for moral values existing over per say fairies, why do you think I am obligated to give your god more credit then fairies?

You post title is only a reflection of your poor character. As smart as you think you are I am surprised you haven't figured this out yet. Insulting entire demographics of people for no apparent reason. Poor taste, poor character, poor judgement, poor manners, poor everything. Don't take what I have said as an insult, it is a factual observation about you on this site.

I don't discriminate I think a majority of the atheists on this site are complete idiots as well. Also there are theists intelligent enough not to use stupid arguments like the argument for morality or design where this problem comes up. I wanted to hit the target market, like mr. infidel who thinks this is a good argument:

If objective morality exists,god exists
objective morality exists
therefore god exists.

Can you name one person on this site who you don't believe to be a complete idiot? No clever backhanded compliments, just straight answer. Any?

The only one who isn't a complete moron is izbo10 himself. (according to bozo at least)!
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
Wain84
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 7:54:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I do not see anything beneficial resulting from calling theists idiots, I wish you would show a bit more civility than that. I do not agree that theists are idiots, they can be intelligent and articulate individuals. I believe they are misguided, but that does not constitute an idiot to me.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 7:57:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 7:54:08 PM, Wain84 wrote:
I do not see anything beneficial resulting from calling theists idiots, I wish you would show a bit more civility than that. I do not agree that theists are idiots, they can be intelligent and articulate individuals. I believe they are misguided, but that does not constitute an idiot to me.

http://www.hk94.com...
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Wain84
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 8:02:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 7:57:20 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/21/2011 7:54:08 PM, Wain84 wrote:
I do not see anything beneficial resulting from calling theists idiots, I wish you would show a bit more civility than that. I do not agree that theists are idiots, they can be intelligent and articulate individuals. I believe they are misguided, but that does not constitute an idiot to me.

http://www.hk94.com...

Drat! What gave me away?
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 8:13:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 8:02:22 PM, Wain84 wrote:
At 11/21/2011 7:57:20 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/21/2011 7:54:08 PM, Wain84 wrote:
I do not see anything beneficial resulting from calling theists idiots, I wish you would show a bit more civility than that. I do not agree that theists are idiots, they can be intelligent and articulate individuals. I believe they are misguided, but that does not constitute an idiot to me.

http://www.hk94.com...

Drat! What gave me away?

You tried to reason with izbo10. :)
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Wain84
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 8:28:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 8:13:52 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/21/2011 8:02:22 PM, Wain84 wrote:
At 11/21/2011 7:57:20 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/21/2011 7:54:08 PM, Wain84 wrote:
I do not see anything beneficial resulting from calling theists idiots, I wish you would show a bit more civility than that. I do not agree that theists are idiots, they can be intelligent and articulate individuals. I believe they are misguided, but that does not constitute an idiot to me.

http://www.hk94.com...

Drat! What gave me away?

You tried to reason with izbo10. :)

Nice, I have read a lot of this site and am familiar with him. My real goal was to show that atheists are not all like Izbo10. There is a negative stigma attached with atheism that we are all snarky and arrogant. I seen this as an oppurtunity to help defeat said stigma.
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 8:48:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 8:28:11 PM, Wain84 wrote:
At 11/21/2011 8:13:52 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/21/2011 8:02:22 PM, Wain84 wrote:
At 11/21/2011 7:57:20 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/21/2011 7:54:08 PM, Wain84 wrote:
I do not see anything beneficial resulting from calling theists idiots, I wish you would show a bit more civility than that. I do not agree that theists are idiots, they can be intelligent and articulate individuals. I believe they are misguided, but that does not constitute an idiot to me.

http://www.hk94.com...

Drat! What gave me away?

You tried to reason with izbo10. :)

Nice, I have read a lot of this site and am familiar with him. My real goal was to show that atheists are not all like Izbo10. There is a negative stigma attached with atheism that we are all snarky and arrogant. I seen this as an oppurtunity to help defeat said stigma.

Just like there are theist trolls, there are also atheist trolls. Not every atheist is a troll just like not every theist is a troll.
Wain84
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 8:56:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 8:48:58 PM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 11/21/2011 8:28:11 PM, Wain84 wrote:
At 11/21/2011 8:13:52 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/21/2011 8:02:22 PM, Wain84 wrote:
At 11/21/2011 7:57:20 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/21/2011 7:54:08 PM, Wain84 wrote:
I do not see anything beneficial resulting from calling theists idiots, I wish you would show a bit more civility than that. I do not agree that theists are idiots, they can be intelligent and articulate individuals. I believe they are misguided, but that does not constitute an idiot to me.

http://www.hk94.com...

Drat! What gave me away?

You tried to reason with izbo10. :)

Nice, I have read a lot of this site and am familiar with him. My real goal was to show that atheists are not all like Izbo10. There is a negative stigma attached with atheism that we are all snarky and arrogant. I seen this as an oppurtunity to help defeat said stigma.

Just like there are theist trolls, there are also atheist trolls. Not every atheist is a troll just like not every theist is a troll.

Agreed, trolls fall under many idealogies.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 9:34:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 8:28:11 PM, Wain84 wrote:
At 11/21/2011 8:13:52 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/21/2011 8:02:22 PM, Wain84 wrote:
At 11/21/2011 7:57:20 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/21/2011 7:54:08 PM, Wain84 wrote:
I do not see anything beneficial resulting from calling theists idiots, I wish you would show a bit more civility than that. I do not agree that theists are idiots, they can be intelligent and articulate individuals. I believe they are misguided, but that does not constitute an idiot to me.

http://www.hk94.com...

Drat! What gave me away?

You tried to reason with izbo10. :)

Nice, I have read a lot of this site and am familiar with him. My real goal was to show that atheists are not all like Izbo10. There is a negative stigma attached with atheism that we are all snarky and arrogant. I seen this as an oppurtunity to help defeat said stigma.

http://www.debate.org...
I feel like I probably should have lost this, because I didn't get to conclude my arguments, but it was quite amusing arguing devil advocate against him.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 9:57:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 5:54:45 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/21/2011 5:50:38 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 11/21/2011 4:46:48 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Why when an argument comes up do you think an atheist is required to give your god any more grounds in plausibility, in discussion of causing things then any other supernatural being? You do realize that as an atheist I hold your god on the same level of reality as fairies so for me it is not an attack to ask why you think god is responsible for moral values existing over per say fairies, why do you think I am obligated to give your god more credit then fairies?

You post title is only a reflection of your poor character. As smart as you think you are I am surprised you haven't figured this out yet. Insulting entire demographics of people for no apparent reason. Poor taste, poor character, poor judgement, poor manners, poor everything. Don't take what I have said as an insult, it is a factual observation about you on this site.

I don't discriminate I think a majority of the atheists on this site are complete idiots as well. Also there are theists intelligent enough not to use stupid arguments like the argument for morality or design where this problem comes up. I wanted to hit the target market, like mr. infidel who thinks this is a good argument:

If objective morality exists,god exists
objective morality exists
therefore god exists.

What escapes you is that you are just as much of an "idiot" as everyone else. "No matter how good lookin they are some one is sick of their sh!t" As if you own the book on anything. You just regurgitate, nothing you say is original. Which is what 100% of the people on this site do, including me. We all sit around at our computers thinking we are out witting each other as if we are the originators of the thoughts we post. Everything you have thought of was thought of 2000 years ago.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 10:01:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 4:46:48 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Why when an argument comes up do you think an atheist is required to give your god any more grounds in plausibility, in discussion of causing things then any other supernatural being? You do realize that as an atheist I hold your god on the same level of reality as fairies so for me it is not an attack to ask why you think god is responsible for moral values existing over per say fairies, why do you think I am obligated to give your god more credit then fairies?

Although you have the right to be athiest, but that was quite rude.
http://www.everystudent.com... esplain in an athiistic way all of these questions
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 10:20:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 10:01:12 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 11/21/2011 4:46:48 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Why when an argument comes up do you think an atheist is required to give your god any more grounds in plausibility, in discussion of causing things then any other supernatural being? You do realize that as an atheist I hold your god on the same level of reality as fairies so for me it is not an attack to ask why you think god is responsible for moral values existing over per say fairies, why do you think I am obligated to give your god more credit then fairies?

Although you have the right to be athiest, but that was quite rude.
http://www.everystudent.com... esplain in an athiistic way all of these questions

I saw the ones about earth and water. I just have to say is that if something slightly different happened it wouldn't matter. Either life wouldn't exist, or we would all exist just in a different way and with different means. To say that we exist this particular way therefore god did it is rather ridiculous.
That's like saying that a fossil has to die and be preserved very precisely therfore all fossilized dinosaurs wanted to be found by us.
It's merely a coincidence that things happened the way they did.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Wain84
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 10:42:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 9:34:56 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/21/2011 8:28:11 PM, Wain84 wrote:
At 11/21/2011 8:13:52 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/21/2011 8:02:22 PM, Wain84 wrote:
At 11/21/2011 7:57:20 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/21/2011 7:54:08 PM, Wain84 wrote:
I do not see anything beneficial resulting from calling theists idiots, I wish you would show a bit more civility than that. I do not agree that theists are idiots, they can be intelligent and articulate individuals. I believe they are misguided, but that does not constitute an idiot to me.

http://www.hk94.com...

Drat! What gave me away?

You tried to reason with izbo10. :)

Nice, I have read a lot of this site and am familiar with him. My real goal was to show that atheists are not all like Izbo10. There is a negative stigma attached with atheism that we are all snarky and arrogant. I seen this as an oppurtunity to help defeat said stigma.

http://www.debate.org...
I feel like I probably should have lost this, because I didn't get to conclude my arguments, but it was quite amusing arguing devil advocate against him.

Ha, I rather enjoyed it. You won a debate with a forfeited round, not an easy task. Apparently, you didn't have to conclude your arguments to win.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 11:50:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 10:01:12 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 11/21/2011 4:46:48 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Why when an argument comes up do you think an atheist is required to give your god any more grounds in plausibility, in discussion of causing things then any other supernatural being? You do realize that as an atheist I hold your god on the same level of reality as fairies so for me it is not an attack to ask why you think god is responsible for moral values existing over per say fairies, why do you think I am obligated to give your god more credit then fairies?

Although you have the right to be athiest, but that was quite rude.
http://www.everystudent.com... esplain in an athiistic way all of these questions

1.Do universe creating fairies exist? The complexity of our planet points to a deliberate Designer who not only created our universe, but sustains it today.

2.Do universe creating fairies exist? The universe had a start - what caused it?- Universe creating fairies.

3. Do universe creating fairies exist? The universe operates by uniform laws of nature. Why does it?

4. Do universe creating fairies exist? The DNA code informs, programs a cell's behavior.

5. Do universe creating fairies exist? We know ucf's exist because they pursue us. They are constantly initiating and seeking for us to come to them.

6.Do universe creating fairies exist? Unlike any other revelation of God, ucf's are the clear, most specific in revealing themselves. Far clearer and specific then god. They have made a universe that is so complex the person should assume multiple causes for which they can account for.

Not really that convincing unless you are predispositioned to believe in god.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 11:55:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If there's anything I've noticed almost invariably, it's that those most critical of religion have almost no foundation in the natural sciences.

Pretentious, self-aggrandized, pedantic.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2011 11:58:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 11:55:43 PM, Ren wrote:
If there's anything I've noticed almost invariably, it's that those most critical of religion have almost no foundation in the natural sciences.

Pretentious, self-aggrandized, pedantic.

no people in religion have no respect for science what-so-fuckin-ever, that is the problem otherwise they wouldn't deny well established theories and believe bull$hit without evidence.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 12:00:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/21/2011 11:58:24 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/21/2011 11:55:43 PM, Ren wrote:
If there's anything I've noticed almost invariably, it's that those most critical of religion have almost no foundation in the natural sciences.

Pretentious, self-aggrandized, pedantic.

no people in religion have no respect for science what-so-fuckin-ever, that is the problem otherwise they wouldn't deny well established theories and believe bull$hit without evidence.

That's a pretty broad and generalized statement.

There are a good few Christian scientists.

It's tantamount to calling all atheists Satanic.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 12:14:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 12:00:04 AM, Ren wrote:
At 11/21/2011 11:58:24 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/21/2011 11:55:43 PM, Ren wrote:
If there's anything I've noticed almost invariably, it's that those most critical of religion have almost no foundation in the natural sciences.

Pretentious, self-aggrandized, pedantic.

no people in religion have no respect for science what-so-fuckin-ever, that is the problem otherwise they wouldn't deny well established theories and believe bull$hit without evidence.

That's a pretty broad and generalized statement.

There are a good few Christian scientists.

It's tantamount to calling all atheists Satanic.

very few at the highest level and at any level to be a theist you must throw out and ignore everything we know from science and logical thinking to get to magix man in dem ders skies did it.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 1:02:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 4:32:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 12:00:04 AM, Ren wrote:
At 11/21/2011 11:58:24 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/21/2011 11:55:43 PM, Ren wrote:
If there's anything I've noticed almost invariably, it's that those most critical of religion have almost no foundation in the natural sciences.

Pretentious, self-aggrandized, pedantic.

no people in religion have no respect for science what-so-fuckin-ever, that is the problem otherwise they wouldn't deny well established theories and believe bull$hit without evidence.

That's a pretty broad and generalized statement.

There are a good few Christian scientists.

It's tantamount to calling all atheists Satanic.

not even close, most atheists don't beleive in satan or satanism, all religionists believe nonsense without evidence, anti-science. Poor example.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 11:25:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 4:32:40 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/22/2011 12:00:04 AM, Ren wrote:
At 11/21/2011 11:58:24 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/21/2011 11:55:43 PM, Ren wrote:
If there's anything I've noticed almost invariably, it's that those most critical of religion have almost no foundation in the natural sciences.

Pretentious, self-aggrandized, pedantic.

no people in religion have no respect for science what-so-fuckin-ever, that is the problem otherwise they wouldn't deny well established theories and believe bull$hit without evidence.

That's a pretty broad and generalized statement.

There are a good few Christian scientists.

It's tantamount to calling all atheists Satanic.

not even close, most atheists don't beleive in satan or satanism, all religionists believe nonsense without evidence, anti-science. Poor example.

I assume you've never heard of theistic evolution? I'm religious and I respect science and the scientific method. Without it, I will admit, we would not have technology. I don't see science and religion as mutually exclusive — and to see it that way is just ignorant of the other.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2011 11:28:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/22/2011 1:02:53 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:


Izbo10 must be one of those dolts in the table, waving his spam and crying,

"SPAMMITY SPAM, OH SPAM!"
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau