Total Posts:71|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Christians: Why go to hell for belief?

000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 1:42:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Assuming we have some kind of evolutionary understanding of what is "fair" and what is "unfair" (http://news.bbc.co.uk...), I believe we can trust our own judgement on whether the punishment of hell befits the crimes it seeks to punish.

So, this is mainly addressed to Christians (with the presupposition that an omnibenevolent God gave us the capacity to reason what is fair, and we can thus trust our judgement),.....Using your own judgement, do you think hell a fair punishment for belief or lack thereof?

As I see it, a punishment that is grossly disproportionate to the crime is a crime itself.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 1:42:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Assuming we have some kind of evolutionary understanding of what is "fair" and what is "unfair" (http://news.bbc.co.uk...), I believe we can trust our own judgement on whether the punishment of hell befits the crimes it seeks to punish.

So, this is mainly addressed to Christians (with the presupposition that an omnibenevolent God gave us the capacity to reason what is fair, and we can thus trust our judgement),.....Using your own judgement, do you think hell a fair punishment for belief or lack thereof?

As I see it, a punishment that is grossly disproportionate to the crime is a crime itself.

In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:16:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote::
In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

Assuming everything you said is true, you do not explain how a lack of faith is unforgivable. You only explain methods through which one could avoid it. Most crimes are easily avoidable.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:18:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:42:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Assuming we have some kind of evolutionary understanding of what is "fair" and what is "unfair" (http://news.bbc.co.uk...), I believe we can trust our own judgement on whether the punishment of hell befits the crimes it seeks to punish.

So, this is mainly addressed to Christians (with the presupposition that an omnibenevolent God gave us the capacity to reason what is fair, and we can thus trust our judgement),.....Using your own judgement, do you think hell a fair punishment for belief or lack thereof?

As I see it, a punishment that is grossly disproportionate to the crime is a crime itself.


In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

For forgiveness to be genuine, it should be given freely.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:25:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:42:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Assuming we have some kind of evolutionary understanding of what is "fair" and what is "unfair" (http://news.bbc.co.uk...), I believe we can trust our own judgement on whether the punishment of hell befits the crimes it seeks to punish.

So, this is mainly addressed to Christians (with the presupposition that an omnibenevolent God gave us the capacity to reason what is fair, and we can thus trust our judgement),.....Using your own judgement, do you think hell a fair punishment for belief or lack thereof?

As I see it, a punishment that is grossly disproportionate to the crime is a crime itself.


In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

I don't think you aware of how evil this statement is going to come across to most decent folk.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:34:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
To all non believers, Hell does not exsist so why discuss it. You will be fine no matter what you do. Your life had no purpose to begin with.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:41:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 2:34:35 PM, sadolite wrote:
To all non believers, Hell does not exsist so why discuss it. You will be fine no matter what you do. Your life had no purpose to begin with.

The question is to form a bridge of understanding, such that I can take a look into what logic permits you to accept something I perceive has criminal and evil. The question also comes with the precedent that a hell exists to begin with, so I don't see the point of your complaint.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:41:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 2:16:08 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote::
In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

Assuming everything you said is true, you do not explain how a lack of faith is unforgivable. You only explain methods through which one could avoid it. Most crimes are easily avoidable.

Ask your self this question, if you were to commit a crime, who forgives you and who decides whether you qualify to go to heaven or not? The Answer would be God.

If you do not believe in God or have faith in God, then how is he supposed to forgive you? Especially since you do not know him.
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:42:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 2:18:04 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:42:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Assuming we have some kind of evolutionary understanding of what is "fair" and what is "unfair" (http://news.bbc.co.uk...), I believe we can trust our own judgement on whether the punishment of hell befits the crimes it seeks to punish.

So, this is mainly addressed to Christians (with the presupposition that an omnibenevolent God gave us the capacity to reason what is fair, and we can thus trust our judgement),.....Using your own judgement, do you think hell a fair punishment for belief or lack thereof?

As I see it, a punishment that is grossly disproportionate to the crime is a crime itself.


In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

For forgiveness to be genuine, it should be given freely.

No, for forgiveness to be genuine, it must be deserved.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:44:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:42:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Assuming we have some kind of evolutionary understanding of what is "fair" and what is "unfair" (http://news.bbc.co.uk...), I believe we can trust our own judgement on whether the punishment of hell befits the crimes it seeks to punish.

So, this is mainly addressed to Christians (with the presupposition that an omnibenevolent God gave us the capacity to reason what is fair, and we can thus trust our judgement),.....Using your own judgement, do you think hell a fair punishment for belief or lack thereof?

As I see it, a punishment that is grossly disproportionate to the crime is a crime itself.


In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

Sorry you no good piece of $hit, but nobody not even someone as evil as you who says people deserve worse then the holocaust deserve this. Stop being a fuckin bastard and think before you say something so hateful and disgusting.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:44:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 2:25:12 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:42:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Assuming we have some kind of evolutionary understanding of what is "fair" and what is "unfair" (http://news.bbc.co.uk...), I believe we can trust our own judgement on whether the punishment of hell befits the crimes it seeks to punish.

So, this is mainly addressed to Christians (with the presupposition that an omnibenevolent God gave us the capacity to reason what is fair, and we can thus trust our judgement),.....Using your own judgement, do you think hell a fair punishment for belief or lack thereof?

As I see it, a punishment that is grossly disproportionate to the crime is a crime itself.


In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

I don't think you aware of how evil this statement is going to come across to most decent folk.

Exactly how does it sound evil?
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:47:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 2:41:31 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:16:08 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote::
In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

Assuming everything you said is true, you do not explain how a lack of faith is unforgivable. You only explain methods through which one could avoid it. Most crimes are easily avoidable.

Ask your self this question, if you were to commit a crime, who forgives you and who decides whether you qualify to go to heaven or not? The Answer would be God.

If you do not believe in God or have faith in God, then how is he supposed to forgive you? Especially since you do not know him.

You reiterate that forgiveness is predicated on belief (or apparently familiarity) without explaining why it should be so, especially considering the encompassing nature of the Christian God.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:47:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 2:44:18 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:42:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Assuming we have some kind of evolutionary understanding of what is "fair" and what is "unfair" (http://news.bbc.co.uk...), I believe we can trust our own judgement on whether the punishment of hell befits the crimes it seeks to punish.

So, this is mainly addressed to Christians (with the presupposition that an omnibenevolent God gave us the capacity to reason what is fair, and we can thus trust our judgement),.....Using your own judgement, do you think hell a fair punishment for belief or lack thereof?

As I see it, a punishment that is grossly disproportionate to the crime is a crime itself.


In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

Sorry you no good piece of $hit, but nobody not even someone as evil as you who says people deserve worse then the holocaust deserve this. Stop being a fuckin bastard and think before you say something so hateful and disgusting.

Sorry, but your response to my opinion is noting more than rubbish in the mist of intelligence. You should learn from the other debaters who actually think and post something of intellectual value.

If you have a problem with my opinion, then voice it in a dignified manner.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:49:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 2:47:32 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:44:18 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:42:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Assuming we have some kind of evolutionary understanding of what is "fair" and what is "unfair" (http://news.bbc.co.uk...), I believe we can trust our own judgement on whether the punishment of hell befits the crimes it seeks to punish.

So, this is mainly addressed to Christians (with the presupposition that an omnibenevolent God gave us the capacity to reason what is fair, and we can thus trust our judgement),.....Using your own judgement, do you think hell a fair punishment for belief or lack thereof?

As I see it, a punishment that is grossly disproportionate to the crime is a crime itself.


In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

Sorry you no good piece of $hit, but nobody not even someone as evil as you who says people deserve worse then the holocaust deserve this. Stop being a fuckin bastard and think before you say something so hateful and disgusting.

Sorry, but your response to my opinion is noting more than rubbish in the mist of intelligence. You should learn from the other debaters who actually think and post something of intellectual value.

If you have a problem with my opinion, then voice it in a dignified manner.

Nothing I have said is anywhere close to as insulting as your fuckin opinion of me. So please go fucks yourself, there is nothing intelligent about dem der magik man in da sky says worship me or burn and I think he is perfect without any fuckin evidence.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:50:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 2:47:21 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:41:31 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:16:08 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote::
In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

Assuming everything you said is true, you do not explain how a lack of faith is unforgivable. You only explain methods through which one could avoid it. Most crimes are easily avoidable.

Ask your self this question, if you were to commit a crime, who forgives you and who decides whether you qualify to go to heaven or not? The Answer would be God.

If you do not believe in God or have faith in God, then how is he supposed to forgive you? Especially since you do not know him.

You reiterate that forgiveness is predicated on belief (or apparently familiarity) without explaining why it should be so, especially considering the encompassing nature of the Christian God.

It is so, because you can only ask for forgiveness based on your believes.

For instance, a Buddhist does not seek redemption from a Christian God.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:51:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 2:50:35 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:47:21 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:41:31 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:16:08 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote::
In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

Assuming everything you said is true, you do not explain how a lack of faith is unforgivable. You only explain methods through which one could avoid it. Most crimes are easily avoidable.

Ask your self this question, if you were to commit a crime, who forgives you and who decides whether you qualify to go to heaven or not? The Answer would be God.

If you do not believe in God or have faith in God, then how is he supposed to forgive you? Especially since you do not know him.

You reiterate that forgiveness is predicated on belief (or apparently familiarity) without explaining why it should be so, especially considering the encompassing nature of the Christian God.

It is so, because you can only ask for forgiveness based on your believes.

For instance, a Buddhist does not seek redemption from a Christian God.

Nobody deserves eternal punishment for anything you fuckin moron.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:52:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 2:49:54 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:47:32 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:44:18 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:42:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Assuming we have some kind of evolutionary understanding of what is "fair" and what is "unfair" (http://news.bbc.co.uk...), I believe we can trust our own judgement on whether the punishment of hell befits the crimes it seeks to punish.

So, this is mainly addressed to Christians (with the presupposition that an omnibenevolent God gave us the capacity to reason what is fair, and we can thus trust our judgement),.....Using your own judgement, do you think hell a fair punishment for belief or lack thereof?

As I see it, a punishment that is grossly disproportionate to the crime is a crime itself.


In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

Sorry you no good piece of $hit, but nobody not even someone as evil as you who says people deserve worse then the holocaust deserve this. Stop being a fuckin bastard and think before you say something so hateful and disgusting.

Sorry, but your response to my opinion is noting more than rubbish in the mist of intelligence. You should learn from the other debaters who actually think and post something of intellectual value.

If you have a problem with my opinion, then voice it in a dignified manner.

Nothing I have said is anywhere close to as insulting as your fuckin opinion of me. So please go fucks yourself, there is nothing intelligent about dem der magik man in da sky says worship me or burn and I think he is perfect without any fuckin evidence.

My opinion wasn't towards you but towards the topic. Perhaps you shouldn't bring up topics that involving your personal believes. You obviously cannot handle others opinion towards such a topic.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:54:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 2:47:32 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:44:18 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:42:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Assuming we have some kind of evolutionary understanding of what is "fair" and what is "unfair" (http://news.bbc.co.uk...), I believe we can trust our own judgement on whether the punishment of hell befits the crimes it seeks to punish.

So, this is mainly addressed to Christians (with the presupposition that an omnibenevolent God gave us the capacity to reason what is fair, and we can thus trust our judgement),.....Using your own judgement, do you think hell a fair punishment for belief or lack thereof?

As I see it, a punishment that is grossly disproportionate to the crime is a crime itself.


In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

Sorry you no good piece of $hit, but nobody not even someone as evil as you who says people deserve worse then the holocaust deserve this. Stop being a fuckin bastard and think before you say something so hateful and disgusting.

Sorry, but your response to my opinion is noting more than rubbish in the mist of intelligence. You should learn from the other debaters who actually think and post something of intellectual value.

If you have a problem with my opinion, then voice it in a dignified manner.

I am the smartest one, here, I realized instantaneously that you have already shut off your brain, and instead of trying to reason with an idiot, spoke to you in your language, emotion.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:55:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 2:51:31 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:50:35 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:47:21 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:41:31 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:16:08 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote::
In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

Assuming everything you said is true, you do not explain how a lack of faith is unforgivable. You only explain methods through which one could avoid it. Most crimes are easily avoidable.

Ask your self this question, if you were to commit a crime, who forgives you and who decides whether you qualify to go to heaven or not? The Answer would be God.

If you do not believe in God or have faith in God, then how is he supposed to forgive you? Especially since you do not know him.

You reiterate that forgiveness is predicated on belief (or apparently familiarity) without explaining why it should be so, especially considering the encompassing nature of the Christian God.

It is so, because you can only ask for forgiveness based on your believes.

For instance, a Buddhist does not seek redemption from a Christian God.


Nobody deserves eternal punishment for anything you fuckin moron.

Ones again with the bad words. Hey, if you do something knowing fully well that it is against God's will or it is immoral, then you deserve to be punished. In this case based on the Christian belief.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:57:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 2:55:30 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:51:31 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:50:35 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:47:21 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:41:31 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:16:08 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote::
In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

Assuming everything you said is true, you do not explain how a lack of faith is unforgivable. You only explain methods through which one could avoid it. Most crimes are easily avoidable.

Ask your self this question, if you were to commit a crime, who forgives you and who decides whether you qualify to go to heaven or not? The Answer would be God.

If you do not believe in God or have faith in God, then how is he supposed to forgive you? Especially since you do not know him.

You reiterate that forgiveness is predicated on belief (or apparently familiarity) without explaining why it should be so, especially considering the encompassing nature of the Christian God.

It is so, because you can only ask for forgiveness based on your believes.

For instance, a Buddhist does not seek redemption from a Christian God.


Nobody deserves eternal punishment for anything you fuckin moron.

Ones again with the bad words. Hey, if you do something knowing fully well that it is against God's will or it is immoral, then you deserve to be punished. In this case based on the Christian belief.

sure if you want to beleive a book written by 40 some authors who had conflicting opinions and had the combined education of a 3rd grade class, in todays time, then we know what the bible says, should we follow it, not a chance.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:57:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 2:42:51 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:18:04 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:42:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Assuming we have some kind of evolutionary understanding of what is "fair" and what is "unfair" (http://news.bbc.co.uk...), I believe we can trust our own judgement on whether the punishment of hell befits the crimes it seeks to punish.

So, this is mainly addressed to Christians (with the presupposition that an omnibenevolent God gave us the capacity to reason what is fair, and we can thus trust our judgement),.....Using your own judgement, do you think hell a fair punishment for belief or lack thereof?

As I see it, a punishment that is grossly disproportionate to the crime is a crime itself.


In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

For forgiveness to be genuine, it should be given freely.

No, for forgiveness to be genuine, it must be deserved.

Uhm... no. If I'm forgiving you, then I am making a voluntary decision to not hold you accountable for something. I can do this whether or not you deserve such a pardon.

However, if I make my "forgiveness" contingent, dependent on you jumping through hoops to "earn" it, then my desire to not hold you accountable isn't genuine.
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 2:58:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 2:54:08 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:47:32 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:44:18 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:42:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Assuming we have some kind of evolutionary understanding of what is "fair" and what is "unfair" (http://news.bbc.co.uk...), I believe we can trust our own judgement on whether the punishment of hell befits the crimes it seeks to punish.

So, this is mainly addressed to Christians (with the presupposition that an omnibenevolent God gave us the capacity to reason what is fair, and we can thus trust our judgement),.....Using your own judgement, do you think hell a fair punishment for belief or lack thereof?

As I see it, a punishment that is grossly disproportionate to the crime is a crime itself.


In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

Sorry you no good piece of $hit, but nobody not even someone as evil as you who says people deserve worse then the holocaust deserve this. Stop being a fuckin bastard and think before you say something so hateful and disgusting.

Sorry, but your response to my opinion is noting more than rubbish in the mist of intelligence. You should learn from the other debaters who actually think and post something of intellectual value.

If you have a problem with my opinion, then voice it in a dignified manner.

I am the smartest one, here, I realized instantaneously that you have already shut off your brain, and instead of trying to reason with an idiot, spoke to you in your language, emotion.

Proves how smart you are. There is no comma between ONE and HERE...just saying.

I am not here to judge, but your overuse of unnecessary words just makes you sound all the more stupid.
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 3:00:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 2:57:13 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:42:51 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:18:04 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:42:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Assuming we have some kind of evolutionary understanding of what is "fair" and what is "unfair" (http://news.bbc.co.uk...), I believe we can trust our own judgement on whether the punishment of hell befits the crimes it seeks to punish.

So, this is mainly addressed to Christians (with the presupposition that an omnibenevolent God gave us the capacity to reason what is fair, and we can thus trust our judgement),.....Using your own judgement, do you think hell a fair punishment for belief or lack thereof?

As I see it, a punishment that is grossly disproportionate to the crime is a crime itself.


In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

For forgiveness to be genuine, it should be given freely.

No, for forgiveness to be genuine, it must be deserved.

Uhm... no. If I'm forgiving you, then I am making a voluntary decision to not hold you accountable for something. I can do this whether or not you deserve such a pardon.

However, if I make my "forgiveness" contingent, dependent on you jumping through hoops to "earn" it, then my desire to not hold you accountable isn't genuine.

Sorry if this comes out rude, but if I continue to wrong you and you continue to forgive me, exactly how long would it take you to completely give up on me?
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 3:01:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 2:58:05 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:54:08 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:47:32 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:44:18 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:42:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Assuming we have some kind of evolutionary understanding of what is "fair" and what is "unfair" (http://news.bbc.co.uk...), I believe we can trust our own judgement on whether the punishment of hell befits the crimes it seeks to punish.

So, this is mainly addressed to Christians (with the presupposition that an omnibenevolent God gave us the capacity to reason what is fair, and we can thus trust our judgement),.....Using your own judgement, do you think hell a fair punishment for belief or lack thereof?

As I see it, a punishment that is grossly disproportionate to the crime is a crime itself.


In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

Sorry you no good piece of $hit, but nobody not even someone as evil as you who says people deserve worse then the holocaust deserve this. Stop being a fuckin bastard and think before you say something so hateful and disgusting.

Sorry, but your response to my opinion is noting more than rubbish in the mist of intelligence. You should learn from the other debaters who actually think and post something of intellectual value.

If you have a problem with my opinion, then voice it in a dignified manner.

I am the smartest one, here, I realized instantaneously that you have already shut off your brain, and instead of trying to reason with an idiot, spoke to you in your language, emotion.

Proves how smart you are. There is no comma between ONE and HERE...just saying.

I am not here to judge, but your overuse of unnecessary words just makes you sound all the more stupid.

missing commas in an informal site or believing in magik man in dem der sky with no evidence. You are so stupid it isn't even funny.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 3:05:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 3:01:47 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:58:05 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:54:08 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:47:32 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:44:18 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:42:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Assuming we have some kind of evolutionary understanding of what is "fair" and what is "unfair" (http://news.bbc.co.uk...), I believe we can trust our own judgement on whether the punishment of hell befits the crimes it seeks to punish.

So, this is mainly addressed to Christians (with the presupposition that an omnibenevolent God gave us the capacity to reason what is fair, and we can thus trust our judgement),.....Using your own judgement, do you think hell a fair punishment for belief or lack thereof?

As I see it, a punishment that is grossly disproportionate to the crime is a crime itself.


In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

Sorry you no good piece of $hit, but nobody not even someone as evil as you who says people deserve worse then the holocaust deserve this. Stop being a fuckin bastard and think before you say something so hateful and disgusting.

Sorry, but your response to my opinion is noting more than rubbish in the mist of intelligence. You should learn from the other debaters who actually think and post something of intellectual value.

If you have a problem with my opinion, then voice it in a dignified manner.

I am the smartest one, here, I realized instantaneously that you have already shut off your brain, and instead of trying to reason with an idiot, spoke to you in your language, emotion.

Proves how smart you are. There is no comma between ONE and HERE...just saying.

I am not here to judge, but your overuse of unnecessary words just makes you sound all the more stupid.


missing commas in an informal site or believing in magik man in dem der sky with no evidence. You are so stupid it isn't even funny.

And you are so overly confident that you fail to accept the slimiest chance of you ever being wrong.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 3:07:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 1:42:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Assuming we have some kind of evolutionary understanding of what is "fair" and what is "unfair" (http://news.bbc.co.uk...), I believe we can trust our own judgement on whether the punishment of hell befits the crimes it seeks to punish.

So, this is mainly addressed to Christians (with the presupposition that an omnibenevolent God gave us the capacity to reason what is fair, and we can thus trust our judgement),.....Using your own judgement, do you think hell a fair punishment for belief or lack thereof?

As I see it, a punishment that is grossly disproportionate to the crime is a crime itself.

I find the biblical description and acceptance of "hell" to be one of the major reasons to not take it literally.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 3:09:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 3:05:12 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 3:01:47 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:58:05 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:54:08 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:47:32 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:44:18 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:42:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
Assuming we have some kind of evolutionary understanding of what is "fair" and what is "unfair" (http://news.bbc.co.uk...), I believe we can trust our own judgement on whether the punishment of hell befits the crimes it seeks to punish.

So, this is mainly addressed to Christians (with the presupposition that an omnibenevolent God gave us the capacity to reason what is fair, and we can thus trust our judgement),.....Using your own judgement, do you think hell a fair punishment for belief or lack thereof?

As I see it, a punishment that is grossly disproportionate to the crime is a crime itself.


In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

Sorry you no good piece of $hit, but nobody not even someone as evil as you who says people deserve worse then the holocaust deserve this. Stop being a fuckin bastard and think before you say something so hateful and disgusting.

Sorry, but your response to my opinion is noting more than rubbish in the mist of intelligence. You should learn from the other debaters who actually think and post something of intellectual value.

If you have a problem with my opinion, then voice it in a dignified manner.

I am the smartest one, here, I realized instantaneously that you have already shut off your brain, and instead of trying to reason with an idiot, spoke to you in your language, emotion.

Proves how smart you are. There is no comma between ONE and HERE...just saying.

I am not here to judge, but your overuse of unnecessary words just makes you sound all the more stupid.


missing commas in an informal site or believing in magik man in dem der sky with no evidence. You are so stupid it isn't even funny.

And you are so overly confident that you fail to accept the slimiest chance of you ever being wrong.

Fuckin moron I or no one deserves worse then this you fuckin piece of $hit and if you don't agree then I hope for the sake of humanity you are taken out of society real quick:

You know what the irony of the whole thing is compared to hell the holocaust is like a slap on the wrist as it is infinite worse.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 3:09:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 2:50:35 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:47:21 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:41:31 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:16:08 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote::
In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

Assuming everything you said is true, you do not explain how a lack of faith is unforgivable. You only explain methods through which one could avoid it. Most crimes are easily avoidable.

Ask your self this question, if you were to commit a crime, who forgives you and who decides whether you qualify to go to heaven or not? The Answer would be God.

If you do not believe in God or have faith in God, then how is he supposed to forgive you? Especially since you do not know him.

You reiterate that forgiveness is predicated on belief (or apparently familiarity) without explaining why it should be so, especially considering the encompassing nature of the Christian God.

It is so, because you can only ask for forgiveness based on your believes.

For instance, a Buddhist does not seek redemption from a Christian God.

The issue isn't asking forgiveness, it is receiving it. We are discussing non-believers, after all. Once again, why would God (or you, I suppose) believe that a lack of faith is unforgivable? Is it because there isn't a direct line of communication between the deity and the individual, as your last post suggests?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 3:11:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 3:09:42 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:50:35 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:47:21 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:41:31 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:16:08 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote::
In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

Assuming everything you said is true, you do not explain how a lack of faith is unforgivable. You only explain methods through which one could avoid it. Most crimes are easily avoidable.

Ask your self this question, if you were to commit a crime, who forgives you and who decides whether you qualify to go to heaven or not? The Answer would be God.

If you do not believe in God or have faith in God, then how is he supposed to forgive you? Especially since you do not know him.

You reiterate that forgiveness is predicated on belief (or apparently familiarity) without explaining why it should be so, especially considering the encompassing nature of the Christian God.

It is so, because you can only ask for forgiveness based on your believes.

For instance, a Buddhist does not seek redemption from a Christian God.

The issue isn't asking forgiveness, it is receiving it. We are discussing non-believers, after all. Once again, why would God (or you, I suppose) believe that a lack of faith is unforgivable? Is it because there isn't a direct line of communication between the deity and the individual, as your last post suggests?

Exactly.
I have noting against atheists, but Its just my opinion based on what have been discussed in the forum.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 3:13:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 3:11:55 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 3:09:42 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:50:35 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:47:21 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:41:31 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 11/25/2011 2:16:08 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM, wierdman wrote::
In my opinion, hell is an appropriate punishment for all unforgivable crime. My reasons are as followed: You have been given resources such as the bible and prophets to help guide you.
Second: All you had to do was ask God for forgiveness.
Third: The bible makes it easy to follow Gods word because it is very detailed.

Assuming everything you said is true, you do not explain how a lack of faith is unforgivable. You only explain methods through which one could avoid it. Most crimes are easily avoidable.

Ask your self this question, if you were to commit a crime, who forgives you and who decides whether you qualify to go to heaven or not? The Answer would be God.

If you do not believe in God or have faith in God, then how is he supposed to forgive you? Especially since you do not know him.

You reiterate that forgiveness is predicated on belief (or apparently familiarity) without explaining why it should be so, especially considering the encompassing nature of the Christian God.

It is so, because you can only ask for forgiveness based on your believes.

For instance, a Buddhist does not seek redemption from a Christian God.

The issue isn't asking forgiveness, it is receiving it. We are discussing non-believers, after all. Once again, why would God (or you, I suppose) believe that a lack of faith is unforgivable? Is it because there isn't a direct line of communication between the deity and the individual, as your last post suggests?

Exactly.
I have noting against atheists, but Its just my opinion based on what have been discussed in the forum.

Do you find the being who made these rules perfect?
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.