Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
Jump to topic:

Argument from trascendence

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 3:00:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have heard this stupid argument and every idiot on here goes yeah, god is transcendent and moral fairies or insert other being is not. This the most recent stupid syllogism that some idiot was trying to defend:

1. If objective moral facts exists, God exists.
2. Objective moral facts exists.
3. Therefore, God exists.

Well so the fucks what if god is transcedent? Every being has differences. You have to show why it is necessary for god to be transcendent. Why does a being that creates morals need to be trascedent. Guess what it doesn't. So the point is not even addressing the point when you go:

1. If objective moral facts exists, moral fairies exists.
2. Objective moral facts exists.
3. Therefore, moral fairies exists.

You need to prove that a transcendent being is the only being that could.

Now, another comical thing about this stupidity is no being we have ever seen is transcendent being. We don't even know if a transcendent being is possible. So before you can even prove that a transcendent being is necessary you have to prove it possible. A non transcendent is much more likely as we have examples of non transcendent beings.

At the end of the day all these fuckin morons want to do is assert god and use some stupid syllogism that is blatantly special pleading and a false dichotomy.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market:
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.