Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

I request some expert review.

Renascor
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 8:29:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

Would anyone be willing to vote on this debate and provide me some expert opinions so that I can improve? It would be greatly appreciated!
I'm never misunderstood, I'm only misinterpreted.
Mr.Infidel
Posts: 300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 8:31:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Very long debate. I will read it tomorrow when I am alert and will vote on it.

It was a good debate :D
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
Mr.Infidel
Posts: 300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 8:38:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 8:34:08 PM, Renascor wrote:
Thanks. I know I can count on you Mr.Infidel.

No prob. Thanks for the compliment :D
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 8:42:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Best advice, don't ask idiots on this board for advice, they will have you spouting fallacies as the best technique to win and avoiding the actual topic with some infinite regress games.

If you want to win here though, just come up with the most retarded arguments you can make the voters love it.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 8:43:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 8:42:03 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Best advice, don't ask idiots on this board for advice, they will have you spouting fallacies as the best technique to win and avoiding the actual topic with some infinite regress games.

If you want to win here though, just come up with the most retarded arguments you can make the voters love it.

Please disregard what Izbo10's comment...I can't think of a single reason to why he stays on the site if he thinks the board is full of "idiots....[who will] have you spouting fallacies as the best technique to win and avoiding the actual topic with some infinite regress games"...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Chrysippus
Posts: 2,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 8:48:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 8:29:38 PM, Renascor wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Would anyone be willing to vote on this debate and provide me some expert opinions so that I can improve? It would be greatly appreciated!

Certainly.

Izbo, what you just did there was an ad hominem, and pure spite. I don't think you should stay if you no longer respect anyone here, and you cannot participate in a civil manner.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 8:48:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 8:43:51 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 11/25/2011 8:42:03 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Best advice, don't ask idiots on this board for advice, they will have you spouting fallacies as the best technique to win and avoiding the actual topic with some infinite regress games.

If you want to win here though, just come up with the most retarded arguments you can make the voters love it.

Please disregard what Izbo10's comment...I can't think of a single reason to why he stays on the site if he thinks the board is full of "idiots....[who will] have you spouting fallacies as the best technique to win and avoiding the actual topic with some infinite regress games"...

Did you ever think I am trying to educate you idiots at this point not debate you. A debate would entail some amount of footing on your part.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Renascor
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 8:54:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 8:48:54 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 8:43:51 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 11/25/2011 8:42:03 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Best advice, don't ask idiots on this board for advice, they will have you spouting fallacies as the best technique to win and avoiding the actual topic with some infinite regress games.

If you want to win here though, just come up with the most retarded arguments you can make the voters love it.

Please disregard what Izbo10's comment...I can't think of a single reason to why he stays on the site if he thinks the board is full of "idiots....[who will] have you spouting fallacies as the best technique to win and avoiding the actual topic with some infinite regress games"...


Did you ever think I am trying to educate you idiots at this point not debate you. A debate would entail some amount of footing on your part.

izbo10, shall we have another debate about your competence? The last debate ended 75-0. Would you like to take me on?
I'm never misunderstood, I'm only misinterpreted.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 8:55:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 8:48:54 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 8:43:51 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 11/25/2011 8:42:03 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Best advice, don't ask idiots on this board for advice, they will have you spouting fallacies as the best technique to win and avoiding the actual topic with some infinite regress games.

If you want to win here though, just come up with the most retarded arguments you can make the voters love it.

Please disregard what Izbo10's comment...I can't think of a single reason to why he stays on the site if he thinks the board is full of "idiots....[who will] have you spouting fallacies as the best technique to win and avoiding the actual topic with some infinite regress games"...


Did you ever think I am trying to educate you idiots at this point not debate you. A debate would entail some amount of footing on your part.

Delusions are your footing, and imaginary heights your everyday sight out of the window.

Good to be ignorant, eh?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 8:57:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 8:54:55 PM, Renascor wrote:
At 11/25/2011 8:48:54 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 8:43:51 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 11/25/2011 8:42:03 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Best advice, don't ask idiots on this board for advice, they will have you spouting fallacies as the best technique to win and avoiding the actual topic with some infinite regress games.

If you want to win here though, just come up with the most retarded arguments you can make the voters love it.

Please disregard what Izbo10's comment...I can't think of a single reason to why he stays on the site if he thinks the board is full of "idiots....[who will] have you spouting fallacies as the best technique to win and avoiding the actual topic with some infinite regress games"...


Did you ever think I am trying to educate you idiots at this point not debate you. A debate would entail some amount of footing on your part.

izbo10, shall we have another debate about your competence? The last debate ended 75-0. Would you like to take me on?

Did you not grasp the point, the people on this board are as qualified to judge a debate as the dogs on at the spca. Although that may be insulting to the dogs as if you could teach them to read they would definitely have a better chance, so the fact that I lost with idiots voting is something I can say I am happy about. It means my arguments are valid.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Rasheed
Posts: 49
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 8:57:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I would be interested in what others thought about my performance as well, so I will be watching this post for any tips that I can use.
Say; He Allah (S.W.T.) is One God, He Begets not, nor is He begotten, and there is none like unto Him."
Renascor
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 9:03:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 8:57:57 PM, Rasheed wrote:
I would be interested in what others thought about my performance as well, so I will be watching this post for any tips that I can use.

I knew you would appreciate the opinions our fellow debaters can and will offer.

As for izbo10, if you still feel you are the most qualified debater on this forum, please challenge me as I would love to claim victory over the "most competent" debater on this forum. I feel that I will have the community you call "dogs" backing me on my decisions. But I should warn you, do not disrespect my fellow debaters for they are the glory of this site.
I'm never misunderstood, I'm only misinterpreted.
ApostateAbe
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:34:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I voted and posted my justifications in the comments.

Rasheed, you seemingly could have owned the debate with the vulnerability that the later source of the gospel of John is considerably less historically-reliable than the synoptic gospels, as John was composed later and is more theologically developed than the synoptic gospels. John is the only gospel that can rightfully be claimed to present a model of Jesus as God, and the synoptic gospels have a Jesus that is exclusively human. Since the resolution was about the actual Jesus, with no requiring that you trust the claims of the gospels about Jesus, you could have taken advantage of the conflicting gospel Christologies, rather than accept the premise that all gospels are accurate.

Renascor, my advice would be related. It seemed like you meant to include the assumption that the gospels are to be trusted, and maybe that is what you meant with the required assumption that "Jesus was not a liar," but of course that is not the same as the assumption that the gospels quoted Jesus correctly.
Renascor
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:00:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 10:34:34 PM, ApostateAbe wrote:
I voted and posted my justifications in the comments.

Rasheed, you seemingly could have owned the debate with the vulnerability that the later source of the gospel of John is considerably less historically-reliable than the synoptic gospels, as John was composed later and is more theologically developed than the synoptic gospels. John is the only gospel that can rightfully be claimed to present a model of Jesus as God, and the synoptic gospels have a Jesus that is exclusively human. Since the resolution was about the actual Jesus, with no requiring that you trust the claims of the gospels about Jesus, you could have taken advantage of the conflicting gospel Christologies, rather than accept the premise that all gospels are accurate.

Renascor, my advice would be related. It seemed like you meant to include the assumption that the gospels are to be trusted, and maybe that is what you meant with the required assumption that "Jesus was not a liar," but of course that is not the same as the assumption that the gospels quoted Jesus correctly.

In round two I established that the word of Jesus is the Bible. Therefore, the gospels are reliable. I disagree with your presentations concerning the Bible. Maybe we can debate some time.
I'm never misunderstood, I'm only misinterpreted.
ApostateAbe
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 11:19:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/25/2011 11:00:32 PM, Renascor wrote:
At 11/25/2011 10:34:34 PM, ApostateAbe wrote:
I voted and posted my justifications in the comments.

Rasheed, you seemingly could have owned the debate with the vulnerability that the later source of the gospel of John is considerably less historically-reliable than the synoptic gospels, as John was composed later and is more theologically developed than the synoptic gospels. John is the only gospel that can rightfully be claimed to present a model of Jesus as God, and the synoptic gospels have a Jesus that is exclusively human. Since the resolution was about the actual Jesus, with no requiring that you trust the claims of the gospels about Jesus, you could have taken advantage of the conflicting gospel Christologies, rather than accept the premise that all gospels are accurate.

Renascor, my advice would be related. It seemed like you meant to include the assumption that the gospels are to be trusted, and maybe that is what you meant with the required assumption that "Jesus was not a liar," but of course that is not the same as the assumption that the gospels quoted Jesus correctly.

In round two I established that the word of Jesus is the Bible. Therefore, the gospels are reliable.

OK, so here is what you said:

"Jesus claimed that He is/was the Word of God in human flesh so, due to the second premise, the Bible can be considered Jesus' word."

The problem is that we do not directly observe Jesus telling us that He is/was the Word of God in human flesh. Instead, we have the gospel of John relating to us that Jesus is/was the Word of God in human flesh. We cannot immediately conclude that Jesus himself said the same as what the gospel of John quoted unless we first assume that the gospel of John was accurately quoting Jesus. And there are some good reasons to doubt that given its apparently late composition and theological/religious maturity. Since Con did not address the weakness of the argument, it stands.

I disagree with your presentations concerning the Bible. Maybe we can debate some time.

OK, I would be happy to. I have an open debate awaiting a contender here:

http://www.debate.org...

Rules and resolution are negotiable. Or, you can propose a resolution for a new debate.