Jump to topic:

Lordknukle is stumped by simple question

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 9:47:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is so simple he doesn't even know how to answer a belief question. He can't get it wrong.

Do you believe in god? yes or no

I mean seriously how fuckin stupid must a person be not to be able to answer this question.

A belief is placing trust or confidence and he is just walking a tightrope trying not to take an opinion and is really just a moron.

He can not possible be too stupid to answer with a simple yes or no.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 9:57:08 PM
Try

Google define: agnosticism
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 9:59:46 PM
I see an over-reliance on "belief" to define the boundaries of atheism and theism....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:05:31 PM
At 11/25/2011 9:57:08 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Try

Google define: agnosticism

Moron, moron, moron I am going to explain what belief is.

http://www.merriam-webster.com......

Now lets look at the definition it is to trust or confidence that something is true. That is a positive characteristic. You either have it or you don't. Are you confident in god? If not the answer is no. It is the exact same fuckinn question. I can't believe the problem is you don't grasp second grade definitions.

Now, lets move on to the next part. A theist is one who believes in god. Or in otherwords has confidence there is a god. An atheist is the opposite. As "a" means not. So it means not theist. Not one who believes in god or in otherwords one who is not confident there is a god.

So we have a true dichotomy:

you either have confidence or you don't due to the law of contradiction you can not be both confident and not confident about the same thing. This is simple basic english that is escaping you. I really don't understand what is so hard about this. Is it you are really that intellectually dishonest or do you really not grasp this simple basic concept.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:06:49 PM
At 11/25/2011 10:06:17 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 9:59:46 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I see an over-reliance on "belief" to define the boundaries of atheism and theism....

That is what the fuckin words mean idiot. It is not about knowledge.

Isn't the knowledge inferred or originated from faith?

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:07:00 PM

And this is why the [somewhat] intelligent atheist vs theist debates become , more or less, a matter of whether or not disbelief is the belief of something not being, and whose side has less evidence when neither side has any [mind you this only applies to theists who accept science, YEC's and other such theistic types are open season unless they believe god is a prankster and brilliant forger who made the earth look older than it actually is].
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:09:12 PM
At 11/25/2011 10:08:01 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 11/25/2011 10:06:49 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 11/25/2011 10:06:17 PM, izbo10 wrote:

That is what the fuckin words mean idiot. It is not about knowledge.

Isn't the knowledge inferred or originated from faith?

http://dictionary.reference.com...

faith is belief not knowledge. Do I really need to teach 1st grade word definitions to you morons?

I was not saying that faith=knowledge................

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:09:59 PM
Izbo, do you have a family?.....Is this how you speak to them?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:10:05 PM
*looks at lordknuckle's profile*

*sees that he calls himself an atheist*

Fascinating.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:10:22 PM
At 11/25/2011 10:07:00 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

And this is why the [somewhat] intelligent atheist vs theist debates become , more or less, a matter of whether or not disbelief is the belief of something not being, and whose side has less evidence when neither side has any [mind you this only applies to theists who accept science, YEC's and other such theistic types are open season unless they believe god is a prankster and brilliant forger who made the earth look older than it actually is].

There is no intelligence in thinking disbelief means something doesn't exist. It is a semantical game stupid theist try to play to avoid there burden of proof. It shows a lack of intelligence.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:13:23 PM
At 11/25/2011 10:10:05 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Fascinating.

It says agnostic.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:15:24 PM
At 11/25/2011 10:13:23 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 11/25/2011 10:10:05 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Fascinating.

It says agnostic.

But are you agnostic theist or agnostic atheist?

This is really simple. I don't have a clue how someone doesn't know what they believe. I mean it is your beliefs you better know whether you believe it or not.

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:15:39 PM
Eh.. They both start with "a".
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:18:09 PM
At 11/25/2011 10:15:39 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Yeah agnostic means from the root word gnostic knowledge and the a means not or without. So it means without knowledge. But knowledge and belief are not the same thing. So when the question is do you believe in god agnostic is not an answer. It is close to saying what is your favorite animal and you say a rose. Not a real answer to the question.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:20:17 PM
At 11/25/2011 10:18:09 PM, izbo10 wrote:

Yeah agnostic means from the root word gnostic knowledge and the a means not or without. So it means without knowledge. But knowledge and belief are not the same thing. So when the question is do you believe in god agnostic is not an answer. It is close to saying what is your favorite animal and you say a rose. Not a real answer to the question.

You still apparently think I was claiming that " knowledge and belief are not the same thing"...

Fascinating....

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:20:36 PM
random brainfart: can someone remind me of that word for the miracles that God creates, I think it starts with a c
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:21:03 PM
At 11/25/2011 10:20:17 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

You still apparently think I was claiming that " knowledge and belief are not the same thing"...

Fascinating....

I don't think you know the difference.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:21:38 PM
At 11/25/2011 10:21:03 PM, izbo10 wrote:

Fascinating....

Not a relevant answer............

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:22:33 PM
At 11/25/2011 10:21:38 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Fascinating....

Belief and knowledge are two completely separate concepts.

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:24:12 PM
Agnostism is just a red herring argument. It really is not a position relevant to atheist and theist. It is so simple if you just understand common first grade definitions of words.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:24:17 PM
At 11/25/2011 10:22:33 PM, izbo10 wrote:

Fascinating....

You love strawmen effigies, eh, you devil-worshipping heathen!!!

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:25:40 PM
At 11/25/2011 10:24:17 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

They say it takes one to know one.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:26:16 PM

Fascinating....

Could someone please take this piece of $hit out of here, I mean a piece of $hit is just as useful in a conversation and probably has a better chance of getting first grade definitions.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:28:50 PM
At 11/25/2011 10:26:16 PM, izbo10 wrote:

Fascinating....

Could someone please take this piece of $hit out of here, I mean a piece of $hit is just as useful in a conversation and probably has a better chance of getting first grade definitions.

A man with a temperament shorter than his attention span. Bravo!

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:29:55 PM
At 11/25/2011 10:25:40 PM, 000ike wrote:

And certainly it takes one less to know one more....

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:30:17 PM
Man-is-good I challenge you to say anything of relevance in any conversation. It is not possible.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:31:12 PM
At 11/25/2011 10:30:17 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Man-is-good I challenge you to say anything of relevance in any conversation. It is not possible.

Not in a conversation with the likes of you, my friend....

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:33:12 PM
At 11/25/2011 10:29:55 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

The more you insult Izbo, the more you deserve his insults directed at you.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:33:53 PM
I know, I am way out of your league you may want to try a debate at the preschool, but then again they may be out of your league.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2011 10:35:48 PM
At 11/25/2011 10:33:12 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/25/2011 10:29:55 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

The more you insult Izbo, the more you deserve his insults directed at you.

More is less in this case.....

More of the mouth and less of the eye....