Jump to topic:

The biblical languauges

Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2011 8:01:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am currently taking Greek. I want to also take Hebrew and aramaic should I wait to take them or start right now.
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 6:43:12 PM
At 11/26/2011 8:01:59 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:
I am currently taking Greek. I want to also take Hebrew and aramaic should I wait to take them or start right now.

I currently am taking Hebrew.
I would recommend getting better at Greek.

The septuigent was the preferred book of Jesus and you will cite source that work more than the Original Hebrew.

We rarely have a Hebrew work from that early and the Masoretic texts from 900 A.D. are not superior to the older copies of the Sept.
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2011 11:33:00 AM
At 11/27/2011 6:43:12 PM, Gileandos wrote:

I currently am taking Hebrew.
I would recommend getting better at Greek.

The septuigent was the preferred book of Jesus and you will cite source that work more than the Original Hebrew.

We rarely have a Hebrew work from that early and the Masoretic texts from 900 A.D. are not superior to the older copies of the Sept.

how do you know that was Jesus' preference?
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2011 11:33:24 AM

I found taking Greek and then Hebrew easier.
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2011 12:19:46 PM
At 11/30/2011 11:33:24 AM, lotus_flower wrote:

Agreed. The diverserity tends to even itself out.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2011 8:07:30 PM
At 11/30/2011 11:33:24 AM, lotus_flower wrote:

I will do that
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit