Jump to topic:

Religious FB posts

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2011 9:06:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I know there was a thread about this a while ago, but still....

How do you feel about them? I don't mind them, but I do get the urge to leave a comment saying "Dislike." Like this status from 22 minutes ago, for example:

"Happy Moments, Praise God
Difficult Moments, Seek God
Quiet Moments, Worship God
Painful Moments, Trust God
Every Moment, Thank God"
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2011 9:32:47 PM
At 11/26/2011 9:06:58 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

How do you feel about them? I don't mind them, but I do get the urge to leave a comment saying "Dislike." Like this status from 22 minutes ago, for example:

Every Moment, Thank God"

I usually ignore them.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2011 9:57:25 PM

Every Moment, Thank God"
How can you be surprised about that on Facebook? It would take a very weird construction of words to make me annoyed by what people write on Facebook (I don't have a profile, but I know other ways). Everyone babbles freely on Facebook. Religious posts like your example is a refreshment among all the "oh look at how my day went"-posts.
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2011 11:20:34 PM
Those kind of posts don't really irritate me. The ones that do are the ones where people try to make arguments against things they see as in opposition to religion. For example, a friend posted a video from Lee Strobel's "Case for a Creator" DVD and commented about how it affirmed the "DNA is an encoded message which means an intelligent designer" argument.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
Booger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:54:09 PM

Every Moment, Thank God"

Why poop in someone's cornflakes? If you don't like their status just go look at someone else's and leave that one alone. It's their page they can put on it what they want, just as you can on yours.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 9:58:27 PM
Respond with the agnostic code: "We cannot know with certainty if God or Christ exists. They COULD. Then again there COULD be a giant reptilian bird in charge of everything. Can we be CERTAIN there isn't? NO, so it's pointless to talk about."
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 10:00:48 PM
At 11/28/2011 9:54:09 PM, Booger wrote:

Every Moment, Thank God"

Why poop in someone's cornflakes? If you don't like their status just go look at someone else's and leave that one alone. It's their page they can put on it what they want, just as you can on yours.

Maybe I'm really just mad because these are the same people who pooped on MY cornflakes after I ONCE posted a status explaining my atheism. I received several comments talking about the eternal damnation that awaits me.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2011 10:06:48 PM
At 11/28/2011 10:00:48 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Every Moment, Thank God"

Maybe I'm really just mad because these are the same people who pooped on MY cornflakes after I ONCE posted a status explaining my atheism. I received several comments talking about the eternal damnation that awaits me.

Don't be one of those angry atheists who is at war with everyone religious. You'll turn into Izbo.
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2011 11:01:19 AM

Every Moment, Thank God"

While it is their page, the posting of a status makes it public. If it were under their "About me" section then it would be me that goes looking for the fight. Since they are posting it publicly, they open themselves to argument and general discussion.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2011 1:08:59 PM
At 11/28/2011 10:00:48 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Every Moment, Thank God"

the people who harass you, although they are misguided, are doing it with a good heart.
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2011 1:19:37 PM

Every Moment, Thank God"

You know you can block their posts right? The newest facebook update allows the user the ability to block posts without removing them from a friends list.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates