Total Posts:33|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Taking Christ Out Of Christmas

inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 12:25:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM, inferno wrote:
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.

I think God cares as much about how I spell X-mas as Santa does.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 12:27:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 12:25:33 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM, inferno wrote:
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.

I think God cares as much about how I spell X-mas as Santa does.

Are you sure about that my friend ?
It may or may not be true. But he does know whether you believe in Him or not.
And if you dont, then you are in serious trouble for a lack of a better word.
lotus_flower
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 1:40:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 12:27:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:25:33 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM, inferno wrote:
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.

I think God cares as much about how I spell X-mas as Santa does.

Are you sure about that my friend ?
It may or may not be true. But he does know whether you believe in Him or not.
And if you dont, then you are in serious trouble for a lack of a better word.
I have had to type this out before... so I will link you to a wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org...
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
*******************************************************
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
Buckethead31594
Posts: 363
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 1:46:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 1:40:19 PM, lotus_flower wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:27:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:25:33 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM, inferno wrote:
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.

I think God cares as much about how I spell X-mas as Santa does.

Are you sure about that my friend ?
It may or may not be true. But he does know whether you believe in Him or not.
And if you dont, then you are in serious trouble for a lack of a better word.
I have had to type this out before... so I will link you to a wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org...

owned.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 1:47:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 1:40:19 PM, lotus_flower wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:27:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:25:33 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM, inferno wrote:
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.

I think God cares as much about how I spell X-mas as Santa does.

Are you sure about that my friend ?
It may or may not be true. But he does know whether you believe in Him or not.
And if you dont, then you are in serious trouble for a lack of a better word.
I have had to type this out before... so I will link you to a wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Seen it and heard it all before. I dont think this is appropriate or a reasonable term.
I read elsewhere that this type of message is actually an act of disrespect or dishonor to Christ in general. And the reason why this was created, has a lot to do with secularizing religion. I know that sounds a bit odd, but it is true.
Oh well, some people mean for it to be that way. That's life.
Buckethead31594
Posts: 363
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 1:51:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 1:47:10 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:40:19 PM, lotus_flower wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:27:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:25:33 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM, inferno wrote:
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.

I think God cares as much about how I spell X-mas as Santa does.

Are you sure about that my friend ?
It may or may not be true. But he does know whether you believe in Him or not.
And if you dont, then you are in serious trouble for a lack of a better word.
I have had to type this out before... so I will link you to a wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Seen it and heard it all before. I dont think this is appropriate or a reasonable term.
Regardless of what you think or not, Lotus has a valid point.
I read elsewhere that this type of message is actually an act of disrespect or dishonor to Christ in general. And the reason why this was created, has a lot to do with secularizing religion. I know that sounds a bit odd, but it is true.
You decide what dishonor's Christ. It seems that your hatred for athiests/unbelievers dishonors Christ more than anything. Not to sound rude, but your lack of love for others would seem more dishonorable than removing Christs name from a word.

Besides, names are given to events/ideas so that others can easily identify the meaning of a name. Christ is Christ, no matter how his name is spelled or rendered.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 1:54:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 1:51:44 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:47:10 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:40:19 PM, lotus_flower wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:27:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:25:33 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM, inferno wrote:
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.

I think God cares as much about how I spell X-mas as Santa does.

Are you sure about that my friend ?
It may or may not be true. But he does know whether you believe in Him or not.
And if you dont, then you are in serious trouble for a lack of a better word.
I have had to type this out before... so I will link you to a wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Seen it and heard it all before. I dont think this is appropriate or a reasonable term.
Regardless of what you think or not, Lotus has a valid point.
I read elsewhere that this type of message is actually an act of disrespect or dishonor to Christ in general. And the reason why this was created, has a lot to do with secularizing religion. I know that sounds a bit odd, but it is true.
You decide what dishonor's Christ. It seems that your hatred for athiests/unbelievers dishonors Christ more than anything. Not to sound rude, but your lack of love for others would seem more dishonorable than removing Christs name from a word.

Besides, names are given to events/ideas so that others can easily identify the meaning of a name. Christ is Christ, no matter how his name is spelled or rendered.

No I dont decide, because its true. I dont expect for someone who doesnt understand the dynamics of this world to get my ideology here.
So your opinion is irrelevent. I love everyone. And if you are dumb enough to think that my views here are a reflection of how I conduct myself with others in the real world, then you are dumber than a box of rocks. No disrespect. =)
Buckethead31594
Posts: 363
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 2:04:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 1:54:36 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:51:44 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:47:10 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:40:19 PM, lotus_flower wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:27:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:25:33 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM, inferno wrote:
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.

I think God cares as much about how I spell X-mas as Santa does.

Are you sure about that my friend ?
It may or may not be true. But he does know whether you believe in Him or not.
And if you dont, then you are in serious trouble for a lack of a better word.
I have had to type this out before... so I will link you to a wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Seen it and heard it all before. I dont think this is appropriate or a reasonable term.
Regardless of what you think or not, Lotus has a valid point.
I read elsewhere that this type of message is actually an act of disrespect or dishonor to Christ in general. And the reason why this was created, has a lot to do with secularizing religion. I know that sounds a bit odd, but it is true.
You decide what dishonor's Christ. It seems that your hatred for athiests/unbelievers dishonors Christ more than anything. Not to sound rude, but your lack of love for others would seem more dishonorable than removing Christs name from a word.

Besides, names are given to events/ideas so that others can easily identify the meaning of a name. Christ is Christ, no matter how his name is spelled or rendered.

No I dont decide, because its true. I dont expect for someone who doesnt understand the dynamics of this world to get my ideology here.
Truth? Your truth is grounded in moral fallacy. Showing hatred for others because of differing beliefs is not what Christ teaches us to do; I'm sure your aware of the verses that I'm referring to (Matt. 5:44, Mark 12:31).
So your opinion is irrelevent. I love everyone. And if you are dumb enough to think that my views here are a reflection of how I conduct myself with others in the real world, then you are dumber than a box of rocks. No disrespect. =)
None taken. But I wasn't comparing your views here to anything. I was simply clarifying the fact that you are being willingly ignorant. As for you loving everyone, your previous post referring to the "worthless creatures known as athiests" counteracts any conjecture you say of loving everyone. I hold nothing against you, I just feel like you should be careful about what you say. When people see your posts, they think "This is what a Christian is? I don't want any part in it." And this is something we DON'T want... Talk about "dishonoring Christ."
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 2:04:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 12:27:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:25:33 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM, inferno wrote:
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.

I think God cares as much about how I spell X-mas as Santa does.

Are you sure about that my friend ?

Yes.

It may or may not be true.

Wrong. It isn't true.

But he does know whether you believe in Him or not.
And if you dont, then you are in serious trouble for a lack of a better word.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 2:14:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 2:04:47 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:54:36 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:51:44 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:47:10 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:40:19 PM, lotus_flower wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:27:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:25:33 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM, inferno wrote:
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.

I think God cares as much about how I spell X-mas as Santa does.

Are you sure about that my friend ?
It may or may not be true. But he does know whether you believe in Him or not.
And if you dont, then you are in serious trouble for a lack of a better word.
I have had to type this out before... so I will link you to a wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Seen it and heard it all before. I dont think this is appropriate or a reasonable term.
Regardless of what you think or not, Lotus has a valid point.
I read elsewhere that this type of message is actually an act of disrespect or dishonor to Christ in general. And the reason why this was created, has a lot to do with secularizing religion. I know that sounds a bit odd, but it is true.
You decide what dishonor's Christ. It seems that your hatred for athiests/unbelievers dishonors Christ more than anything. Not to sound rude, but your lack of love for others would seem more dishonorable than removing Christs name from a word.

Besides, names are given to events/ideas so that others can easily identify the meaning of a name. Christ is Christ, no matter how his name is spelled or rendered.

No I dont decide, because its true. I dont expect for someone who doesnt understand the dynamics of this world to get my ideology here.
Truth? Your truth is grounded in moral fallacy. Showing hatred for others because of differing beliefs is not what Christ teaches us to do; I'm sure your aware of the verses that I'm referring to (Matt. 5:44, Mark 12:31).
So your opinion is irrelevent. I love everyone. And if you are dumb enough to think that my views here are a reflection of how I conduct myself with others in the real world, then you are dumber than a box of rocks. No disrespect. =)
None taken. But I wasn't comparing your views here to anything. I was simply clarifying the fact that you are being willingly ignorant. As for you loving everyone, your previous post referring to the "worthless creatures known as athiests" counteracts any conjecture you say of loving everyone. I hold nothing against you, I just feel like you should be careful about what you say. When people see your posts, they think "This is what a Christian is? I don't want any part in it." And this is something we DON'T want... Talk about "dishonoring Christ."

Ah I see. Another self confessed Atheist trying to ge sympathy out of me. But you failed to realize, that I Inferno, am not Christian. And I do love everyone in this world. I may not like your stance on religion and how you see God in general.
I just like to pick on you guys which is what most people do. Oh well, I guess I should learn to think for myself right. How ignorant of me. =)
Buckethead31594
Posts: 363
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 2:20:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 2:14:59 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 2:04:47 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:54:36 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:51:44 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:47:10 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:40:19 PM, lotus_flower wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:27:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:25:33 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM, inferno wrote:
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.

I think God cares as much about how I spell X-mas as Santa does.

Are you sure about that my friend ?
It may or may not be true. But he does know whether you believe in Him or not.
And if you dont, then you are in serious trouble for a lack of a better word.
I have had to type this out before... so I will link you to a wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Seen it and heard it all before. I dont think this is appropriate or a reasonable term.
Regardless of what you think or not, Lotus has a valid point.
I read elsewhere that this type of message is actually an act of disrespect or dishonor to Christ in general. And the reason why this was created, has a lot to do with secularizing religion. I know that sounds a bit odd, but it is true.
You decide what dishonor's Christ. It seems that your hatred for athiests/unbelievers dishonors Christ more than anything. Not to sound rude, but your lack of love for others would seem more dishonorable than removing Christs name from a word.

Besides, names are given to events/ideas so that others can easily identify the meaning of a name. Christ is Christ, no matter how his name is spelled or rendered.

No I dont decide, because its true. I dont expect for someone who doesnt understand the dynamics of this world to get my ideology here.
Truth? Your truth is grounded in moral fallacy. Showing hatred for others because of differing beliefs is not what Christ teaches us to do; I'm sure your aware of the verses that I'm referring to (Matt. 5:44, Mark 12:31).
So your opinion is irrelevent. I love everyone. And if you are dumb enough to think that my views here are a reflection of how I conduct myself with others in the real world, then you are dumber than a box of rocks. No disrespect. =)
None taken. But I wasn't comparing your views here to anything. I was simply clarifying the fact that you are being willingly ignorant. As for you loving everyone, your previous post referring to the "worthless creatures known as athiests" counteracts any conjecture you say of loving everyone. I hold nothing against you, I just feel like you should be careful about what you say. When people see your posts, they think "This is what a Christian is? I don't want any part in it." And this is something we DON'T want... Talk about "dishonoring Christ."

Ah I see. Another self confessed Atheist trying to ge sympathy out of me. But you failed to realize, that I Inferno, am not Christian. And I do love everyone in this world. I may not like your stance on religion and how you see God in general.
I just like to pick on you guys which is what most people do. Oh well, I guess I should learn to think for myself right. How ignorant of me. =)

...Inferno. I am not, and never will be an athiest. You confuse me with your theology. You state on your profile that you are a Christian and you seem to attempt to defend Christianity to some extent. The only rational conclusion is that you do in fact relate to Christianity on some level. Either that, or you are denying Christ in order to dismiss my accusations set against you.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 2:23:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 2:20:56 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 12/1/2011 2:14:59 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 2:04:47 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:54:36 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:51:44 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:47:10 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:40:19 PM, lotus_flower wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:27:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:25:33 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM, inferno wrote:
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.

I think God cares as much about how I spell X-mas as Santa does.

Are you sure about that my friend ?
It may or may not be true. But he does know whether you believe in Him or not.
And if you dont, then you are in serious trouble for a lack of a better word.
I have had to type this out before... so I will link you to a wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Seen it and heard it all before. I dont think this is appropriate or a reasonable term.
Regardless of what you think or not, Lotus has a valid point.
I read elsewhere that this type of message is actually an act of disrespect or dishonor to Christ in general. And the reason why this was created, has a lot to do with secularizing religion. I know that sounds a bit odd, but it is true.
You decide what dishonor's Christ. It seems that your hatred for athiests/unbelievers dishonors Christ more than anything. Not to sound rude, but your lack of love for others would seem more dishonorable than removing Christs name from a word.

Besides, names are given to events/ideas so that others can easily identify the meaning of a name. Christ is Christ, no matter how his name is spelled or rendered.

No I dont decide, because its true. I dont expect for someone who doesnt understand the dynamics of this world to get my ideology here.
Truth? Your truth is grounded in moral fallacy. Showing hatred for others because of differing beliefs is not what Christ teaches us to do; I'm sure your aware of the verses that I'm referring to (Matt. 5:44, Mark 12:31).
So your opinion is irrelevent. I love everyone. And if you are dumb enough to think that my views here are a reflection of how I conduct myself with others in the real world, then you are dumber than a box of rocks. No disrespect. =)
None taken. But I wasn't comparing your views here to anything. I was simply clarifying the fact that you are being willingly ignorant. As for you loving everyone, your previous post referring to the "worthless creatures known as athiests" counteracts any conjecture you say of loving everyone. I hold nothing against you, I just feel like you should be careful about what you say. When people see your posts, they think "This is what a Christian is? I don't want any part in it." And this is something we DON'T want... Talk about "dishonoring Christ."

Ah I see. Another self confessed Atheist trying to ge sympathy out of me. But you failed to realize, that I Inferno, am not Christian. And I do love everyone in this world. I may not like your stance on religion and how you see God in general.
I just like to pick on you guys which is what most people do. Oh well, I guess I should learn to think for myself right. How ignorant of me. =)

...Inferno. I am not, and never will be an athiest. You confuse me with your theology. You state on your profile that you are a Christian and you seem to attempt to defend Christianity to some extent. The only rational conclusion is that you do in fact relate to Christianity on some level. Either that, or you are denying Christ in order to dismiss my accusations set against you.

So you are a Christian. Well if you say so. LOL
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 2:24:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 2:23:25 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 2:20:56 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 12/1/2011 2:14:59 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 2:04:47 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:54:36 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:51:44 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:47:10 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:40:19 PM, lotus_flower wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:27:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:25:33 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM, inferno wrote:
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.

I think God cares as much about how I spell X-mas as Santa does.

Are you sure about that my friend ?
It may or may not be true. But he does know whether you believe in Him or not.
And if you dont, then you are in serious trouble for a lack of a better word.
I have had to type this out before... so I will link you to a wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Seen it and heard it all before. I dont think this is appropriate or a reasonable term.
Regardless of what you think or not, Lotus has a valid point.
I read elsewhere that this type of message is actually an act of disrespect or dishonor to Christ in general. And the reason why this was created, has a lot to do with secularizing religion. I know that sounds a bit odd, but it is true.
You decide what dishonor's Christ. It seems that your hatred for athiests/unbelievers dishonors Christ more than anything. Not to sound rude, but your lack of love for others would seem more dishonorable than removing Christs name from a word.

Besides, names are given to events/ideas so that others can easily identify the meaning of a name. Christ is Christ, no matter how his name is spelled or rendered.

No I dont decide, because its true. I dont expect for someone who doesnt understand the dynamics of this world to get my ideology here.
Truth? Your truth is grounded in moral fallacy. Showing hatred for others because of differing beliefs is not what Christ teaches us to do; I'm sure your aware of the verses that I'm referring to (Matt. 5:44, Mark 12:31).
So your opinion is irrelevent. I love everyone. And if you are dumb enough to think that my views here are a reflection of how I conduct myself with others in the real world, then you are dumber than a box of rocks. No disrespect. =)
None taken. But I wasn't comparing your views here to anything. I was simply clarifying the fact that you are being willingly ignorant. As for you loving everyone, your previous post referring to the "worthless creatures known as athiests" counteracts any conjecture you say of loving everyone. I hold nothing against you, I just feel like you should be careful about what you say. When people see your posts, they think "This is what a Christian is? I don't want any part in it." And this is something we DON'T want... Talk about "dishonoring Christ."

Ah I see. Another self confessed Atheist trying to ge sympathy out of me. But you failed to realize, that I Inferno, am not Christian. And I do love everyone in this world. I may not like your stance on religion and how you see God in general.
I just like to pick on you guys which is what most people do. Oh well, I guess I should learn to think for myself right. How ignorant of me. =)

...Inferno. I am not, and never will be an athiest. You confuse me with your theology. You state on your profile that you are a Christian and you seem to attempt to defend Christianity to some extent. The only rational conclusion is that you do in fact relate to Christianity on some level. Either that, or you are denying Christ in order to dismiss my accusations set against you.

So you are a Christian. Well if you say so. LOL

Not denying Christ. I am not saved and sanctified, just to make things clear. That is my definiton of what a real Christian is. I dont buy into the worldly definition, like you do.
Buckethead31594
Posts: 363
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 2:25:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
...Inferno. I am not, and never will be an athiest. You confuse me with your theology. You state on your profile that you are a Christian and you seem to attempt to defend Christianity to some extent. The only rational conclusion is that you do in fact relate to Christianity on some level. Either that, or you are denying Christ in order to dismiss my accusations set against you.

So you are a Christian. Well if you say so. LOL

-.- I rest my case... What exactly IS your religion, if you don't mind me asking.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 2:30:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 2:25:14 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
...Inferno. I am not, and never will be an athiest. You confuse me with your theology. You state on your profile that you are a Christian and you seem to attempt to defend Christianity to some extent. The only rational conclusion is that you do in fact relate to Christianity on some level. Either that, or you are denying Christ in order to dismiss my accusations set against you.

So you are a Christian. Well if you say so. LOL

-.- I rest my case... What exactly IS your religion, if you don't mind me asking.

Thats much better. My religion is Pentacostal. But I dont go to church. Here now. Do you want an apple ? >>>>>
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 2:33:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM, inferno wrote:
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.

I think obvious troll is obvious.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Buckethead31594
Posts: 363
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 2:35:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 2:30:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 2:25:14 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
...Inferno. I am not, and never will be an athiest. You confuse me with your theology. You state on your profile that you are a Christian and you seem to attempt to defend Christianity to some extent. The only rational conclusion is that you do in fact relate to Christianity on some level. Either that, or you are denying Christ in order to dismiss my accusations set against you.

So you are a Christian. Well if you say so. LOL

-.- I rest my case... What exactly IS your religion, if you don't mind me asking.

Thats much better. My religion is Pentacostal. But I dont go to church. Here now. Do you want an apple ? >>>>>

...Pentacostal is a Christian denomination. If you claim to be Pentacostal, you claim to be Christian. Just as I claim to be Baptist, I claim to be Christian... This is actually quite amusing!
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 2:40:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 2:35:39 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 12/1/2011 2:30:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 2:25:14 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
...Inferno. I am not, and never will be an athiest. You confuse me with your theology. You state on your profile that you are a Christian and you seem to attempt to defend Christianity to some extent. The only rational conclusion is that you do in fact relate to Christianity on some level. Either that, or you are denying Christ in order to dismiss my accusations set against you.

So you are a Christian. Well if you say so. LOL

-.- I rest my case... What exactly IS your religion, if you don't mind me asking.

Thats much better. My religion is Pentacostal. But I dont go to church. Here now. Do you want an apple ? >>>>>

...Pentacostal is a Christian denomination. If you claim to be Pentacostal, you claim to be Christian. Just as I claim to be Baptist, I claim to be Christian... This is actually quite amusing!

Not really. I was raised differently than you. I dont use the word Christian to describe someone who goes to church, or associte with a certain religion.
My belief of a Christian is someone who has the Gift Of The Holy Ghost, speaking in tnogues, and as the Spirit Of God gives utterance. And of course, ye must be Baptized in Jesus Name. Otherwise, youre just blowing hot air.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 2:48:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I just think that it is wrong to spell Christmas without Christ. The original intent is not what you claim it to be. And that actual site which I admire greatly, did not give you the real story about how this all came to be. I'll share this with you guys later.
Buckethead31594
Posts: 363
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 2:51:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 2:40:04 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 2:35:39 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 12/1/2011 2:30:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 2:25:14 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
...Inferno. I am not, and never will be an athiest. You confuse me with your theology. You state on your profile that you are a Christian and you seem to attempt to defend Christianity to some extent. The only rational conclusion is that you do in fact relate to Christianity on some level. Either that, or you are denying Christ in order to dismiss my accusations set against you.

So you are a Christian. Well if you say so. LOL

-.- I rest my case... What exactly IS your religion, if you don't mind me asking.

Thats much better. My religion is Pentacostal. But I dont go to church. Here now. Do you want an apple ? >>>>>

...Pentacostal is a Christian denomination. If you claim to be Pentacostal, you claim to be Christian. Just as I claim to be Baptist, I claim to be Christian... This is actually quite amusing!

Not really. I was raised differently than you. I dont use the word Christian to describe someone who goes to church, or associte with a certain religion.
There are Christians who don't go to church and there are people who go to church that claim to be "Christians."
My belief of a Christian is someone who has the Gift Of The Holy Ghost, speaking in tnogues, and as the Spirit Of God gives utterance. And of course, ye must be Baptized in Jesus Name. Otherwise, youre just blowing hot air.
...Yes, that is sort of what the Bible says. Specifically, a Christian is one who

- has been "Transformed by the renewing of their mind" Rom. 12:1-2
- has the gift of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 12)
- has a will that is in comparison to God's will (John 15:15)
- has become a "new" (2 Cor. 5:17

All of this, through, accepting Christ as their savior. As for tongues, I don't know, that's debatable.

Are YOU blowing hot air? Because if your not a Christian, as you claim. You fit your very definition of one who "blows hot air."
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
izbo10
Posts: 2,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 2:58:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Who the fucks cares if they call it the name of your imaginary friend or just use an x. They are both just as real.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 8:16:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM, inferno wrote:
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.

wow. xmas is an abbreviation. deal with it. Also Christians stole their holiday from the pagans which is well known. if you want sources id be glad to provide.
WriterSelbe
Posts: 410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 9:36:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 1:46:48 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:40:19 PM, lotus_flower wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:27:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:25:33 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM, inferno wrote:
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.

I think God cares as much about how I spell X-mas as Santa does.

Are you sure about that my friend ?
It may or may not be true. But he does know whether you believe in Him or not.
And if you dont, then you are in serious trouble for a lack of a better word.
I have had to type this out before... so I will link you to a wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org...

owned.

Lolcats.

http://www.mypetcaptions.com...
Buckethead31594
Posts: 363
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 9:36:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 8:16:09 PM, rogue wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM, inferno wrote:
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.

wow. xmas is an abbreviation. deal with it. Also Christians stole their holiday from the pagans which is well known. if you want sources id be glad to provide.

Rogue is correct. It is true that many Christmas traditions are pagan in origin.

Inferno, regardless of the traditions of a holiday; it is merely a heart of giving and selflessness that makes Christmas so special; not how the word is spelled. I could celebrate Hannukkah with others and still be thankful for Christ's birth into the world. Regardless of when Christ's brith occurred (some scholars think it was actually in spring) the mindset of the believer determines the outcome of Christmas. Not society.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
lotus_flower
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 10:48:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 1:47:10 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 1:40:19 PM, lotus_flower wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:27:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:25:33 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM, inferno wrote:
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.

I think God cares as much about how I spell X-mas as Santa does.

Are you sure about that my friend ?
It may or may not be true. But he does know whether you believe in Him or not.
And if you dont, then you are in serious trouble for a lack of a better word.
I have had to type this out before... so I will link you to a wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Seen it and heard it all before. I dont think this is appropriate or a reasonable term.
I read elsewhere that this type of message is actually an act of disrespect or dishonor to Christ in general. And the reason why this was created, has a lot to do with secularizing religion. I know that sounds a bit odd, but it is true.
Oh well, some people mean for it to be that way. That's life.

Where did you hear it? CBN??
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
*******************************************************
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
lotus_flower
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 10:50:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 2:48:57 PM, inferno wrote:
I just think that it is wrong to spell Christmas without Christ. The original intent is not what you claim it to be. And that actual site which I admire greatly, did not give you the real story about how this all came to be. I'll share this with you guys later.

g0ddamn it, it DOES have christ in it! that is what the X stands for!
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
*******************************************************
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 11:13:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/1/2011 12:24:12 PM, inferno wrote:
Its seems that the war on Christmas has already begun here. I notice that some people do not know how to spell here at DDO. The word Christmas is not hard to spell at all, and it does not begin with an "X". I know that some are offended and feel left out of the circle of righteousness. But that just shows you how ignorant and disrespectful people can be towards God. They dont wish to acknowledge or reverence Him because of pride. But the majority of us here know and understand the true meaning of Christmas and what it stands for. It is not about the holiday definition itself. It is about how we interpret this great day and why we celebrate it every single year. You cannot change that in any way, shape or form.
This was not always an issue here, and now everything is PC. What do you think.:

God wants you to talk more about vagina's, you holy, holy man of the cloth.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 11:42:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Omycow. Inferno. drop it. quit trolling about every single thing.

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson

If it really bothers you THAT much, write a book. leave the (mostly) peace loving DDOers alone.
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.