Jump to topic:

War on Christmas

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 3:17:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Christians love this term war on christmas it comes up every year. It is so rediculous it isn't even funny. What they are complaining about is when atheist and other groups stop government from displaying christian messages at christmas time. The fact of the matter is this is a church and state issue and not a war on Christmas. Nobody is telling you that you can't say Merry Christmas instead of Happy holidays. It is also hypocritical, could you imagine the outrage if the government put of Jewish symbols for Hanukkah. It would be a major issue for Christians or how about something for the muslims and it was on your tax dollars. You would be upset by it and you know it. The war on Christmas is just putting everyone on even ground and keeping the government out of what it doesn't need to waste time on chosing which fairy tale to promote.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 3:37:12 PM
Izbo10, do you believe in Freud's theories of religion??
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 4:37:58 PM
At 12/1/2011 3:37:12 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

If you want to discuss that create your own fuckin thread moron, stop hijacking mine.
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 4:38:47 PM
At 12/1/2011 4:37:58 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 12/1/2011 3:37:12 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

If you want to discuss that create your own fuckin thread moron, stop hijacking mine.

It's a yes or no question, sir. And besides, a learning about Freud is better than a reading of your incomprehensible work, Bozo.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 4:39:50 PM
Go fucks yourself and create your own thread.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 4:46:39 PM
At 12/1/2011 4:39:50 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Go fucks yourself and create your own thread.

Not good conduct, sir.

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 4:47:36 PM
Thread hijacking needs to stop it is you that is using pathetic conduct.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 4:48:15 PM
At 12/1/2011 4:47:36 PM, izbo10 wrote:
Thread hijacking needs to stop it is you that is using pathetic conduct.

Conduct is used?

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 4:51:48 PM
Wow you are the most retarded person I have ever met.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 4:53:15 PM
At 12/1/2011 4:51:48 PM, izbo10 wrote:

What is retarded?

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 4:54:09 PM
At 12/1/2011 4:53:15 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

What is retarded?

The last question you asked is so retarded it is not even funny.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 4:54:56 PM
At 12/1/2011 4:54:09 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 12/1/2011 4:53:15 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

What is retarded?

The last question you asked is so retarded it is not even funny.

What is my future?

izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 4:56:33 PM
Anybody with intelligence actually want to discuss the topic. I am ignoring the moron troll from here on out.

Rasheed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 5:03:14 PM
Well, America is 75% Christian, so it is only natural that there would be more decorations honoring their customs. I don't think that my tax dollars should be used to teach any religion in schools, but I as a Muslim I really don't care if I see a Christmas ornament at the town hall or other government buildings. Besides, the sentiment is nice, even if someone doesn't believe in the holiday. In order to want tolerance you have to be tolerant.
Say; He Allah (S.W.T.) is One God, He Begets not, nor is He begotten, and there is none like unto Him."
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 5:06:20 PM
At 12/1/2011 5:03:14 PM, Rasheed wrote:
Well, America is 75% Christian, so it is only natural that there would be more decorations honoring their customs. I don't think that my tax dollars should be used to teach any religion in schools, but I as a Muslim I really don't care if I see a Christmas ornament at the town hall or other government buildings. Besides, the sentiment is nice, even if someone doesn't believe in the holiday. In order to want tolerance you have to be tolerant.

You are forgetting the little thing seperation of church and state. Religion has no part in the government and should not be tolerated. I think the way to tolerance is to stop having people be in different groups when there is no evidence that these groups are true.

WriterSelbe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2011 9:43:03 PM
At 12/1/2011 5:06:20 PM, izbo10 wrote:

You are forgetting the little thing seperation of church and state. Religion has no part in the government and should not be tolerated. I think the way to tolerance is to stop having people be in different groups when there is no evidence that these groups are true.

The government has no involvement in it. It's called freedom of speech, so no one cares. No one would care if someone had a sign up that said 'Happy Hanukkah.'
Rasheed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 10:03:43 AM

You are forgetting the little thing separation of church and state. Religion has no part in the government and should not be tolerated. I think the way to tolerance is to stop having people be in different groups when there is no evidence that these groups are true.

You are exactly right that ideally there should be no religious expression in government facilities, but as humans we have a tendency to want to express our deeply held beliefs, even when they disagree with others. As long as your faith doesn't try to tell me what to do I have no problem with anyone celebrating their holy days on government property. In the strict reading of the Constitution this is not wrong, as it specifically says that the government will not endorse a religion. Allowing citizens to display religious decorations that celebrate their holiday does not endorse that religion.
Say; He Allah (S.W.T.) is One God, He Begets not, nor is He begotten, and there is none like unto Him."
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 4:52:35 PM

There is no "separation of church & state" in the constitution. It says that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" which is a far cry from your comment "religion has no part in the government and should not be tolerated."
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 8:24:11 PM
At 12/2/2011 4:52:35 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:

There is no "separation of church & state" in the constitution. It says that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"which is a far cry from your comment "religion has no part in the government and should not be tolerated."

This.

If there is a Nativity Scene on the front lawn of my cities town hall (my local government) they have not by any means created any law respecting religion.

If the announcer at the friday night high school football game leads the fans, players and coaches in a prayer there has been NO law respecting religion.

If the judge of a courthouse puts the 10 Commandments in the county courthouse he/she has made no law created that respects religion.

Churches being tax exempt is closer to a law respecting religion then any of the above situations.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 8:27:04 PM
It's funny that the OP believes strongly in being allowed to voice his opinions and beliefs but would hamper the freedom of others. If no law is created respecting religion then there is nothing except people, citizens of this country, voicing their opinions and beliefs.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 8:53:34 PM
At 12/2/2011 8:27:04 PM, jharry wrote:
It's funny that the OP believes strongly in being allowed to voice his opinions and beliefs but would hamper the freedom of others. If no law is created respecting religion then there is nothing except people, citizens of this country, voicing their opinions and beliefs.

I want no rules on religion people to think.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 9:04:24 PM
At 12/2/2011 8:53:34 PM, izbo10 wrote:
At 12/2/2011 8:27:04 PM, jharry wrote:

I want no rules on religion people to think.

And apparently no rules of grammar either.

jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2011 9:17:22 PM
At 12/1/2011 3:17:42 PM, izbo10 wrote:
The war on Christmas is just putting everyone on even ground and keeping the government out of what it doesn't need to waste time on chosing which fairy tale to promote..

Hmmmmmm. This seems to imply rules to me. But what do I know I'm just a retarded zombie worshiper. Lol, I thought I would beat ya to it. See if you have anything left.