Total Posts:59|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why Mormons are scary!

tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 10:59:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Head for the hills were gonna get you!

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can benefit individuals and society.

1. Strong Families

Family Proclamation: http://lds.org...

2. Hope, joy and peace

The Infinite Power of Hope:http://lds.org...

3. Stay away from addictive substances

Word of Wisdom:http://lds.org...

4. Strong Community

Church Family:http://lds.org...

5. Prepare for the worst hope for the best

Food supply:http://lds.org...

6. Charitable people and church

Charity:http://lds.org...

7. Helping people escape poverty

Perpetual Education Fund: http://lds.org...

8. A place to release stress and escape from the world(Temples)

9. Technological church(fits my generation)

http:www.lds.org - see the videos and other things for yourself

10. Teaches all members to get education

"Seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith" D&C 88:118

11. Checks and balances within leadership(prevents abuse)

Three different governing bodies The First Presidency, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and Seventies. The two highest bodies are required to have an unanimous decision to move forward on anything.

12. Teaches tolerance

Truth and Tolerance: http://lds.org...

Those are just some I can think of, in no particular order. They are just the practical benefits of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If you were to understand the truthfulness of the church, you would understand something far greater then you could imagine.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 11:12:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/9/2011 10:59:01 AM, tyler90az wrote:
Head for the hills were gonna get you!



The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can benefit individuals and society.

1. Strong Families

Family Proclamation: http://lds.org...

2. Hope, joy and peace

The Infinite Power of Hope:http://lds.org...

3. Stay away from addictive substances

Word of Wisdom:http://lds.org...

4. Strong Community

Church Family:http://lds.org...

5. Prepare for the worst hope for the best

Food supply:http://lds.org...

6. Charitable people and church

Charity:http://lds.org...

7. Helping people escape poverty

Perpetual Education Fund: http://lds.org...

8. A place to release stress and escape from the world(Temples)



9. Technological church(fits my generation)

http:www.lds.org - see the videos and other things for yourself

10. Teaches all members to get education

"Seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith" D&C 88:118

11. Checks and balances within leadership(prevents abuse)

Three different governing bodies The First Presidency, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and Seventies. The two highest bodies are required to have an unanimous decision to move forward on anything.

12. Teaches tolerance

Truth and Tolerance: http://lds.org...

Those are just some I can think of, in no particular order. They are just the practical benefits of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If you were to understand the truthfulness of the church, you would understand something far greater then you could imagine.

LOL Naw, Mormons are not scary, they are just disingenuous and vindictive. Course that is just an opinion based on fact.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 11:18:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Visit hotm.tv for a former LDS Seminary teachers information on the real LDS teachings. Also links to years of historical documents refuting LDS propaganda. Decide for yourself, but decide with sufficient information. Joey Smith put together his own Army so he could run for President. Check it out, LDS, is odd, they make Shia look like pacifists. utlm.org is excellent for straight up factual information, inclding links to primary sources.
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 11:54:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The people who are replying no nothing about the church or Mormons as individuals. I have read more criticisms about the church then either. It is sad that they search Google and believe everything that is said. Antagonists tell the truth 5%, exaggerate 55% and lie 40%. If people would go directly to the source, it would do them well. Also every time you read something negative go to, http://www.fairmormon.org... , to get a Later-day Saint perspective on the situation.

A lot of people have strong motives to keep people away from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Most of the time antagonists are members of another Christian faith. They recognize if we are right, their beliefs are wrong, therefore, simply intolerant. Another reason is because other Christian religions recognize people are joining The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at a remarkable rate. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a threat, we are a new church, with much growth to come.

What we believe, Articles of Faith:
http://lds.org...
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 12:22:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/9/2011 11:54:03 AM, tyler90az wrote:
The people who are replying no nothing about the church or Mormons as individuals. I have read more criticisms about the church then either. It is sad that they search Google and believe everything that is said. Antagonists tell the truth 5%, exaggerate 55% and lie 40%. If people would go directly to the source, it would do them well. Also every time you read something negative go to, http://www.fairmormon.org... , to get a Later-day Saint perspective on the situation.

A lot of people have strong motives to keep people away from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Most of the time antagonists are members of another Christian faith. They recognize if we are right, their beliefs are wrong, therefore, simply intolerant. Another reason is because other Christian religions recognize people are joining The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at a remarkable rate. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a threat, we are a new church, with much growth to come.

What we believe, Articles of Faith:
http://lds.org...

LOL what is a remarkable rate? Why is it remarkable, I thought you were all gods?
LDS is a religion only by Law, as a matter of theology it is more like the Druids than Christians or Jews or even Islam.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 2:41:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/9/2011 10:59:01 AM, tyler90az wrote:

I feel I must point out, that where we agree with Mormons is not at issue. It is where our beliefs become divergent is at odds.

I will post below examples where each of your points falls into agreement with some of the most evil belief systems known to the world.

Head for the hills were gonna get you!



The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can benefit individuals and society.

1. Strong Families

Family Proclamation: http://lds.org...

I would feel remiss if I did not completely agree, historically and many mormons even today are for very strongs family's.

They define a marriage as a husband and a wife, and a wife and a wife and a wife.....

Would you say they define a family as the "more membership equals more strength"?

I am merely pointing out divergent practices and beliefs in a humorous way not to be mean.


2. Hope, joy and peace

The Infinite Power of Hope:http://lds.org...

I believe Obama also ran on a platform of Hope. He was also correct, now that Obama was elected I sure Hope he does not take my money and give it to the jobless vagabonds....


3. Stay away from addictive substances

Word of Wisdom:http://lds.org...

Non-Sequitor -
Pedophiles also feel addictive substances are a problem in society....
does that mean a rampant philosophy of Pedophilia should be the mainstream course of the day?


4. Strong Community

Church Family:http://lds.org...

Totalitarian Communists also believe in "strong community" does that mean we should just allow the good with the bad?


5. Prepare for the worst hope for the best

Food supply:http://lds.org...


Are you advocating that if the world ends (i. e. zombie land) we should be certain to rob a mormons house? Seeing as we did not have enough food for our own families?

6. Charitable people and church

Charity:http://lds.org...

Yes and Hitler established many charitable causes, at least what Nazism subjectively defined as charitable.


7. Helping people escape poverty

Perpetual Education Fund: http://lds.org...

Again Communism's entire claim to fame is the elimination of a lower class.... good with the bad?


8. A place to release stress and escape from the world(Temples)



Do they have Sona's. Cause if they do I am sold....

I happen to know a Church of Satan that helps you relax by having rampant sex on their alters.... Good times?


9. Technological church(fits my generation)

http:www.lds.org - see the videos and other things for yourself


Wow and here I was pretty certain that they did not allow me to talk on my droid while in service. They are so hip!

I want to warn you though, Iran is out for top spot. They now have nukes and a predator drone! Look out LDS!

Iran also communicates via Facebook, Twitter. They really appeal to my generation!

10. Teaches all members to get education

"Seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith" D&C 88:118

I would point out, many athiests will doubt such a claim when you leave off the indefinite article (an) that should have been placed in your sentence prior to education.

I would also be remiss if I did not point out progressivism also supports everyone being educated. Does that mean progressivism and I do not have extremely divergent beliefs?


11. Checks and balances within leadership(prevents abuse)

Three different governing bodies The First Presidency, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and Seventies. The two highest bodies are required to have an unanimous decision to move forward on anything.

Totalitarian communism also has checks and balances. Good people. You would have loved 1930's China!


12. Teaches tolerance

Truth and Tolerance: http://lds.org...

Pedophiles teach tolerance for pedophilia. Again it is not where we agree but were we are divergent that is at odds.


Those are just some I can think of, in no particular order. They are just the practical benefits of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If you were to understand the truthfulness of the church, you would understand something far greater then you could imagine.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 3:15:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
A lot of people have strong motives to keep people away from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Most of the time antagonists are members of another Christian faith. They recognize if we are right, their beliefs are wrong, therefore, simply intolerant. Another reason is because other Christian religions recognize people are joining The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at a remarkable rate. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a threat, we are a new church, with much growth to come.

What we believe, Articles of Faith:
http://lds.org...

LOL we now alot about Mormons as individuals. What one believes tells alot about who they are. When fact confronts belief and one chooses belief, that's a problem. When one chooses willful ignorance over knowledge, that's a problem. When one asserts the Articles Faith, which promote polygamy, unless its illegal, that's a problem. When one of the prophets of the Church claims Blacks are satan, that's a problem. When a Church sends people to your door to evaluate you, that's a problem. When a Church advocates overthrow of a government by rigging the system, that's a problem. When someone thinks they are a god, that's a problem when they believe it, thats another issue entirely. You ignore all of these because of belief, that's an indicator.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 8:47:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yeah your beliefs are irrational and pretty crazy. You teach people to have blind faith. All the good things about you one can have without your religion.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 8:50:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/9/2011 11:54:03 AM, tyler90az wrote:
The people who are replying no nothing about the church or Mormons as individuals. I have read more criticisms about the church then either. It is sad that they search Google and believe everything that is said. Antagonists tell the truth 5%, exaggerate 55% and lie 40%. If people would go directly to the source, it would do them well. Also every time you read something negative go to, http://www.fairmormon.org... , to get a Later-day Saint perspective on the situation.

A lot of people have strong motives to keep people away from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Most of the time antagonists are members of another Christian faith. They recognize if we are right, their beliefs are wrong, therefore, simply intolerant. Another reason is because other Christian religions recognize people are joining The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at a remarkable rate. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a threat, we are a new church, with much growth to come.

What we believe, Articles of Faith:
http://lds.org...

Have you read your book? There is some pretty crazy sh!t in there.
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 6:58:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Have you read your book? There is some pretty crazy sh!t in there

What do you mean by crazy stuff? If you are talking about miracles, then you are correct, we do believe in miracles.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 10:50:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/10/2011 6:58:03 PM, tyler90az wrote:
Have you read your book? There is some pretty crazy sh!t in there

What do you mean by crazy stuff? If you are talking about miracles, then you are correct, we do believe in miracles.

No, like Jesus living in the Americas?

How about the fact that your book contradicts the Bible:

Revelations 22:18 "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book."

How about that God is really kind of an alien who lives on another planet with his many goddess wives?

How about that black people are spirits that did not choose sides when Jesus and Lucifer were fighting?

That Native Americans are really Israelites?

I mean I find normal Christian doctrine to be pretty crazy, but this stuff is more than outrageous.
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 3:04:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago

No, like Jesus living in the Americas?

We don't believe Jesus lived in America, we believe he visited America. Doesn't it make sense that Jesus would visit all his people?

"He rose from the grave to 'become the firstfruits of them that slept' (1 Corinthians 15:20). As Risen Lord, He visited among those He had loved in life. He also ministered among His 'other sheep' (John 10:16) in ancient America. In the modern world, He and His Father appeared to the boy Joseph Smith, ushering in the long-promised 'dispensation of the fulness of times' (Ephesians 1:10). "

The Living Christ
http://lds.org...

How about the fact that your book contradicts the Bible:

Revelations 22:18 "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book."

"A careful reading of the words makes it clear that the warning against adding or taking away does not refer to the whole Bible or even to the New Testament, but to use John's words, on the words of the 'book of this prophecy.' That is, the prophecy contained in the book of Revelation." President Howard W. Hunter

There are other verses within the bible such as.

Deuteronomy 4:2; "Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you." And Proverbs 30:6 states "Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar."

It is clear to Mormon and non-mormon scholars that those verses speak only to each particular book.

How about that God is really kind of an alien who lives on another planet with his many goddess wives?

What we actually believe about God is below.

http://lds.org...

How about that black people are spirits that did not choose sides when Jesus and Lucifer were fighting?

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a diverse church, made up of all races.

That Native Americans are really Israelites?

Information on Lamanites
http://lds.org...

I challenge you to read The Book of Mormon. If you truly want to find out about my church, Gods church, read The Book of Mormon. Within The Book of Mormon is the truth, I am not asking you to take my word. I am asking you to read The Book of Mormon and put it to the test, pray about it.

The Book of Mormon:
http://lds.org...

31 ¶Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a agrain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the abirds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

I know that Heavenly father loves all his children. That Jesus Christ bore all the burdens of the world, so that if we accept him our burdens will be light. That no matter how great of mistakes we made in the past, we can come unto him. I also know The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ, that if we read it and pray about it we will receive an answer. That the Bible is the word of God and teaches what The Book of Mormon does. I also know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church with Jesus Christ at the head. That the prophet will guide us in the right direction, like Moses, Joseph Smith and all other true prophets have. I say these things in the name of the savior of the world even Jesus Christ, amen.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 4:23:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/11/2011 3:04:39 PM, tyler90az wrote:

No, like Jesus living in the Americas?

We don't believe Jesus lived in America, we believe he visited America. Doesn't it make sense that Jesus would visit all his people?

"He rose from the grave to 'become the firstfruits of them that slept' (1 Corinthians 15:20). As Risen Lord, He visited among those He had loved in life. He also ministered among His 'other sheep' (John 10:16) in ancient America. In the modern world, He and His Father appeared to the boy Joseph Smith, ushering in the long-promised 'dispensation of the fulness of times' (Ephesians 1:10). "

Not at all. You guys pay absolutely no attention to history. There is absolutely no evidence to say the Jesus visited the Americas. He didn't know they existed. How did he get there? Plus the people there were Native Americans and had no concept of God or Christianity. They weren't his people.

The Living Christ
http://lds.org...

How about the fact that your book contradicts the Bible:

Revelations 22:18 "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book."

"A careful reading of the words makes it clear that the warning against adding or taking away does not refer to the whole Bible or even to the New Testament, but to use John's words, on the words of the 'book of this prophecy.' That is, the prophecy contained in the book of Revelation." President Howard W. Hunter

There are other verses within the bible such as.

Deuteronomy 4:2; "Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you." And Proverbs 30:6 states "Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar."

It is clear to Mormon and non-mormon scholars that those verses speak only to each particular book.

How about that God is really kind of an alien who lives on another planet with his many goddess wives?

What we actually believe about God is below.

http://lds.org...

So you do not believe that God lives on another planet with lots of goddess wives?
And that you can be a God too with your own planet?
There is a lot of research showing that that is what you believe.

How about that black people are spirits that did not choose sides when Jesus and Lucifer were fighting?

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a diverse church, made up of all races.

That is not what I was asking. I know that. But is it not a mormon belief that black people are black because they did not choose sides when Jesus and Lucifer fought?

That Native Americans are really Israelites?

Information on Lamanites
http://lds.org...

Ok so Native Americans are supposedly Isrealites lol? Can you give me straight answers instead of evasions?

I challenge you to read The Book of Mormon. If you truly want to find out about my church, Gods church, read The Book of Mormon. Within The Book of Mormon is the truth, I am not asking you to take my word. I am asking you to read The Book of Mormon and put it to the test, pray about it.

Praying is by no means of finding truth. It is a well-known fact that just because someone believes something is true strongly, does not make it true.

The Book of Mormon:
http://lds.org...

31 ¶Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a agrain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the abirds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

I know that Heavenly father loves all his children. That Jesus Christ bore all the burdens of the world, so that if we accept him our burdens will be light. That no matter how great of mistakes we made in the past, we can come unto him. I also know The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ, that if we read it and pray about it we will receive an answer. That the Bible is the word of God and teaches what The Book of Mormon does. I also know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church with Jesus Christ at the head. That the prophet will guide us in the right direction, like Moses, Joseph Smith and all other true prophets have. I say these things in the name of the savior of the world even Jesus Christ, amen.

Your religion is worse than most Christians. There is no way to intellectually justify your crazy beliefs. At least some christian belief lines up with history. You believe some guy who was known for telling tall-tales? Who conveniently could not produce the golden tablets? Who claimed to do more for humanity than Jesus Christ? You completely ignore all of science and history on the basis of "faith". Blind faith. It makes me sick.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 5:24:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Just how much stuff in the BOM, dictated by good ol Joe his own self, has been changed in the current edition to make LDS seem Christian? I have seen some claim over 100 passages. Why would younge something handed to joe from god? or is it Almighty father?
Army
Child wives before the revelation
Children given to Apostles
Murder squads

Fairly crazy stuff.
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 6:07:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/11/2011 5:24:06 PM, logicrules wrote:
Just how much stuff in the BOM, dictated by good ol Joe his own self, has been changed in the current edition to make LDS seem Christian? I have seen some claim over 100 passages. Why would younge something handed to joe from god? or is it Almighty father?
Army
Child wives before the revelation
Children given to Apostles
Murder squads

Fairly crazy stuff.

http://www.fairmormon.org...
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 6:25:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/11/2011 6:07:26 PM, tyler90az wrote:
At 12/11/2011 5:24:06 PM, logicrules wrote:
Just how much stuff in the BOM, dictated by good ol Joe his own self, has been changed in the current edition to make LDS seem Christian? I have seen some claim over 100 passages. Why would younge something handed to joe from god? or is it Almighty father?
Army
Child wives before the revelation
Children given to Apostles
Murder squads

Fairly crazy stuff.

http://www.fairmormon.org...

LOL Mormon web cites are well known to be propaganda and disingenuous.
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 11:06:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
28 Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me.

29 Now behold, would not this increase your faith? I say unto you, Yea; nevertheless it hath not grown up to a perfect knowledge.

30 But behold, as the seed swelleth, and sprouteth, and beginneth to grow, then you must needs say that the seed is good; for behold it swelleth, and sprouteth, and beginneth to grow. And now, behold, will not this strengthen your faith? Yea, it will strengthen your faith: for ye will say I know that this is a good seed; for behold it sprouteth and beginneth to grow.

31 And now, behold, are ye sure that this is a good seed? I say unto you, Yea; for every seed bringeth forth unto its own likeness.

32 Therefore, if a seed groweth it is good, but if it groweth not, behold it is not good, therefore it is cast away.

33 And now, behold, because ye have tried the experiment, and planted the seed, and it swelleth and sprouteth, and beginneth to grow, ye must needs know that the seed is good.

34 And now, behold, is your knowledge perfect? Yea, your knowledge is perfect in that thing, and your faith is dormant; and this because you know, for ye know that the word hath swelled your souls, and ye also know that it hath sprouted up, that your understanding doth begin to be enlightened, and your mind doth begin to expand.

35 O then, is not this real? I say unto you, Yea, because it is alight; and whatsoever is light, is good, because it is discernible, therefore ye must know that it is good; and now behold, after ye have tasted this light is your knowledge perfect?

36 Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither must ye lay aside your faith, for ye have only exercised your faith to plant the seed that ye might try the experiment to know if the seed was good.

37 And behold, as the tree beginneth to grow, ye will say: Let us nourish it with great care, that it may get root, that it may grow up, and bring forth fruit unto us. And now behold, if ye nourish it with much care it will get root, and grow up, and bring forth fruit.

38 But if ye neglect the tree, and take no thought for its nourishment, behold it will not get any root; and when the heat of the sun cometh and scorcheth it, because it hath no root it withers away, and ye pluck it up and cast it out.

39 Now, this is not because the seed was not good, neither is it because the fruit thereof would not be desirable; but it is because your aground is barren, and ye will not nourish the tree, therefore ye cannot have the fruit thereof.

40 And thus, if ye will not nourish the word, looking forward with an eye of faith to the fruit thereof, ye can never pluck of the fruit of the tree of life.

41 But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.

42 And because of your diligence and your faith and your patience with the word in nourishing it, that it may take root in you, behold, by and by ye shall pluck the bfruit thereof, which is most precious, which is sweet above all that is sweet, and which is white above all that is white, yea, and pure above all that is pure; and ye shall feast upon this fruit even until ye are filled, that ye hunger not, neither shall ye thirst.

43 Then, my brethren, ye shall reap the rewards of your faith, and your diligence, and patience, and long-suffering, waiting for the tree to bring forth fruit unto you.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 12:42:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Not at all. You guys pay absolutely no attention to history. There is absolutely no evidence to say the Jesus visited the Americas. He didn't know they existed. How did he get there? Plus the people there were Native Americans and had no concept of God or Christianity. They weren't his people.

Jesus Christ is part of the Godhead. He knows where all his children are, rest assured. We believe after he was resurrected he visited the American continent. In between the time he was killed on the cross and appeared to his other followers, which is written in the Bible. All people are his people, because he is the savior of the world, which is why he visited them.


So you do not believe that God lives on another planet with lots of goddess wives?
And that you can be a God too with your own planet?
There is a lot of research showing that that is what you believe.

We do believe in exaltation, which is hard to explain. Teaching you about exaltation is like teaching somebody how to play piano who doesn't know how to read music.

That is not what I was asking. I know that. But is it not a mormon belief that black people are black because they did not choose sides when Jesus and Lucifer fought?

That is not something are church teaches, we do not believe that. We get a lot of flack for being racist, because of the era when the church was restored. It was a time when racism was rampant, therefore, are leaders being men, were subjected to erroneous beliefs about races, like all people of that time.However, are church was not racist back then or now, we believed in abolition and were driven out of our homes partly for that belief.

Ok so Native Americans are supposedly Isrealites lol? Can you give me straight answers instead of evasions?

When asked about the Church's official position on this matter by a writer, a Church spokesman said:
http://www.fairmormon.org...
As to whether these were the first inhabitants…we don't have a position on that. Our scripture does not try to account for any other people who may have lived in the New World before, during or after the days of the Jaredites and the Nephites, and we don't have any official doctrine about who the descendants of the Nephites and the Jaredites are. Many Mormons believe that American Indians are descendants of the Lamanites [a division of the Nephites], but that's not in the scripture.[8]

Praying is by no means of finding truth. It is a well-known fact that just because someone believes something is true strongly, does not make it true.

Lol, all we say is read The Book of Mormon, close your eyes, and pray rather the Book is true. If The Book of Mormon is true, then everything else naturally falls into place.

Your religion is worse than most Christians. There is no way to intellectually justify your crazy beliefs. At least some christian belief lines up with history. You believe some guy who was known for telling tall-tales? Who conveniently could not produce the golden tablets? Who claimed to do more for humanity than Jesus Christ? You completely ignore all of science and history on the basis of "faith". Blind faith. It makes me sick.

There is a way to intellectually justify being a member of the church, I listed those on the first page. Although you are right God requires a little faith to reveal onto you his kingdom. What kind of test would it be, if he just showed you himself, before you had faith? After faith, comes miracles, then knowledge, but first comes faith. All we ask is to test our theory. Treat The Book of Mormon like any other theory and test it.

Joseph Smith was not known for telling tall tales, he was a prophet of God, therefore was persecuted. Was not Jesus, the savior of the world, killed? Is it that hard to believe a man would not be persecuted, if Jesus was? Joseph Smith was a man of God, to say he did not sin or error, would be a lie. Joseph Smith was after all a mortal.

As far as the Gold Plates, there was witnesses to them. However, they were not allowed to witness them until they had faith. It goes back to the whole thing, why would God just show you the plates? One of the reasons we are sent to earth after all is to be tried and tested.

Testimonies of The Book of Mormon:
http://lds.org...

He never claimed to do more for humanity then Jesus Christ. When he was martyred a man who was with him said, "Joseph Smith, the aProphet and bSeer of the Lord, has done more, csave Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it."

I love my life with the gospel in it and wouldn't change it for the world. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is like a relief from the world. In a world where evil is abound, no denying that, the church is a safe haven. I want to raise a good family and the church offers me the best opportunity. However, I have had many miraculous things happen to me, if it wasn't for a miracle I would have never joined the church.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 4:44:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mormons are like people who say u is down. When you prove up is up, they then claim it is a belief, when you point out it is a fact they stat calling names,

Look at how long everything he posts is. That is to confuse the issues so he can avoid reality, history and fact. He always uses lds web page, propaganda. One of the LDS biggies wants lds to control the law, the courts,and the legislature. I never thought there could be so many mindless lemmings.
lotus_flower
Posts: 454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 6:50:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/9/2011 11:26:38 AM, innomen wrote:
Magic underwear.

You beat me to it. lol what a goofy religion.
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
*******************************************************
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 8:27:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mormons are just plain stupid. There is no other words to describe them. They are cheaters, they are ignorant to history, and some even say that marrying nine year olds is just so, yes I would say that Mormons are scary.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 9:07:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Might as well mention the founder of Mormonism made the rule that polygamy is ok......after it was discovered he was having an affair. Coincidence? I think not.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 10:09:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 8:27:51 AM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
Mormons are just plain stupid. There is no other words to describe them. They are cheaters, they are ignorant to history, and some even say that marrying nine year olds is just so, yes I would say that Mormons are scary.

Subjective to say the least! It works both ways, I can call you stupid for not believing. See how that works?

We also don't believe in marrying 9 year old girls or having multiple wives. My church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and not the extremist Mormon church. You are thinking about another church entirely.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 11:35:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 10:09:25 AM, tyler90az wrote:
At 12/12/2011 8:27:51 AM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
Mormons are just plain stupid. There is no other words to describe them. They are cheaters, they are ignorant to history, and some even say that marrying nine year olds is just so, yes I would say that Mormons are scary.

Subjective to say the least! It works both ways, I can call you stupid for not believing. See how that works?

We also don't believe in marrying 9 year old girls or having multiple wives. My church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and not the extremist Mormon church. You are thinking about another church entirely.

LOL no belief involved. Smith had many wives, ergo it is of God...or was he lying? Wasn't Doctrine till Joey got caught with teenage mistresses, polygamy was wrong...oooops. B. Young, was a racist, murderer and Male supremacist...LDS names a University after Him. Satan and Jesus are brothers to LDS members. LDS views everything as US against them.
Smith claims buried treasure and con with a stone in a hat.
1826 Smith convicted of being a con man. (said his vision was 1823) 'damning evidence" according to lds researcher. 9/20/26 New York, Smith is listed as the glass looker, charges - imposter and a disorderly person- a pretender, according to NY law of 1826. Convicted con man. Kicked out of town first, as a 17 year old ner do well. utlm.org So, While talking with angels and God Smith is coning people out of money...a crook of te first order. mmmm

No affirmative proof for the book of Mormon...NONE.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 8:57:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 12:42:00 AM, tyler90az wrote:
Not at all. You guys pay absolutely no attention to history. There is absolutely no evidence to say the Jesus visited the Americas. He didn't know they existed. How did he get there? Plus the people there were Native Americans and had no concept of God or Christianity. They weren't his people.

Jesus Christ is part of the Godhead. He knows where all his children are, rest assured. We believe after he was resurrected he visited the American continent. In between the time he was killed on the cross and appeared to his other followers, which is written in the Bible. All people are his people, because he is the savior of the world, which is why he visited them.

And what leads you to believe this? Any evidence? Does this make any historical sense?


So you do not believe that God lives on another planet with lots of goddess wives?
And that you can be a God too with your own planet?

We do believe in exaltation, which is hard to explain. Teaching you about exaltation is like teaching somebody how to play piano who doesn't know how to read music.

Why don't you try?


That is not what I was asking. I know that. But is it not a mormon belief that black people are black because they did not choose sides when Jesus and Lucifer fought?

That is not something are church teaches, we do not believe that. We get a lot of flack for being racist, because of the era when the church was restored. It was a time when racism was rampant, therefore, are leaders being men, were subjected to erroneous beliefs about races, like all people of that time.However, are church was not racist back then or now, we believed in abolition and were driven out of our homes partly for that belief.

So your church did believe this at one time?

Ok so Native Americans are supposedly Isrealites lol? Can you give me straight answers instead of evasions?

When asked about the Church's official position on this matter by a writer, a Church spokesman said:
http://www.fairmormon.org...
As to whether these were the first inhabitants…we don't have a position on that. Our scripture does not try to account for any other people who may have lived in the New World before, during or after the days of the Jaredites and the Nephites, and we don't have any official doctrine about who the descendants of the Nephites and the Jaredites are. Many Mormons believe that American Indians are descendants of the Lamanites [a division of the Nephites], but that's not in the scripture.[8]

Ok so what historical evidence is there to support that these people were here?(the jaredites, nephites, and lamanites) Why do you believe this? Do you just believe it since your book says so?

Praying is by no means of finding truth. It is a well-known fact that just because someone believes something is true strongly, does not make it true.

Lol, all we say is read The Book of Mormon, close your eyes, and pray rather the Book is true. If The Book of Mormon is true, then everything else naturally falls into place.

But praying does not prove that something is true. One should not believe nonsensical beliefs because they have a "feeling" that it is true.


Your religion is worse than most Christians. There is no way to intellectually justify your crazy beliefs. At least some christian belief lines up with history. You believe some guy who was known for telling tall-tales? Who conveniently could not produce the golden tablets? Who claimed to do more for humanity than Jesus Christ? You completely ignore all of science and history on the basis of "faith". Blind faith. It makes me sick.

There is a way to intellectually justify being a member of the church, I listed those on the first page. Although you are right God requires a little faith to reveal onto you his kingdom. What kind of test would it be, if he just showed you himself, before you had faith? After faith, comes miracles, then knowledge, but first comes faith. All we ask is to test our theory. Treat The Book of Mormon like any other theory and test it.

But it can't be treated like other theories. Your way of finding truth is through praying and a feeling. That is by no means conclusive evidence. And your God asks to much of people. He asks them to do dangerous things. Have faith in something and then try to justify it. One should justify something and prove it to be true and then believe in it. Otherwise one is trusting something without good reason to. Why is God testing us? If he wants me to follow his ways and praise him, he needs to give me a good reason to have faith. A good reason is not that I believe because I want this doctrine to be true which I do.

Joseph Smith was not known for telling tall tales, he was a prophet of God, therefore was persecuted. Was not Jesus, the savior of the world, killed? Is it that hard to believe a man would not be persecuted, if Jesus was? Joseph Smith was a man of God, to say he did not sin or error, would be a lie. Joseph Smith was after all a mortal.

I don't distrust him because of his persecution, I distrust him since he has no evidence backing up his claims and his claims are ridiculous. Are there historical documents of these testimonies? Also your religion originally support polygamy, why not now?

As far as the Gold Plates, there was witnesses to them. However, they were not allowed to witness them until they had faith. It goes back to the whole thing, why would God just show you the plates? One of the reasons we are sent to earth after all is to be tried and tested.

So God would rather his followers have blind faith than be intelligent and evaluate and question and use logic and reason? Our test is that we must blindly follow someone who claims to be spreading the word of God? So let's make sure they really believe first and precondition them and make them more likely to take this "proof" as "proof"? We have to believe before we have proof? No. That is wrong. Give me proof and then I'll believe. It is disgusting that a god would value blind faith over good works and only show the blind not the good that they should trust him?

Testimonies of The Book of Mormon:
http://lds.org...

He never claimed to do more for humanity then Jesus Christ. When he was martyred a man who was with him said, "Joseph Smith, the aProphet and bSeer of the Lord, has done more, csave Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it."

I love my life with the gospel in it and wouldn't change it for the world.

Is happiness more important than the truth? Of course you don't want it changed. I'm sure those beliefs give you much comfort and happiness. But you're weak. You believe because you want to not because it rational or good for all of us. It's disgusting. It's because of this blind faith that terrorists do crazy things. They really believe it is the right thing to do. And young girls in the fundamentalists sects of your religion marry old men because they truly believe it is right. Is that a good thing?

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is like a relief from the world. In a world where evil is abound, no denying that, the church is a safe haven.

No objective evil exists and some believe that means evil does not exist. I disagree but it is rational belief. Find comfort in things that are real and don't promote the danger that is blind faith.

I want to raise a good family and the church offers me the best opportunity.

You think it's hard to raise a good family without being a mormon?

However, I have had many miraculous things happen to me, if it wasn't for a miracle I would have never joined the church.

Just because you can't explain it because you don't have the means to does make it supernatural.

All good aspec
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2011 9:55:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago

And what leads you to believe this? Any evidence? Does this make any historical sense?

Well if you don't believe he was resurrected, then it will be hard for you to believe this.

Why don't you try?

http://www.lds.org... then search exaltation.

So your church did believe this at one time?

No, it is something one man believed to be true. It was his theory, not the churches as a whole. If you go to http://www.blacklds.org... you can learn a lot.

Ok so what historical evidence is there to support that these people were here?(the jaredites, nephites, and lamanites) Why do you believe this? Do you just believe it since your book says so?

The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ, I believe everything with the pages. If you want to know more about DNA go to http://www.jefflindsay.com...

Lol, all we say is read The Book of Mormon, close your eyes, and pray rather the Book is true. If The Book of Mormon is true, then everything else naturally falls into place.

But praying does not prove that something is true. One should not believe nonsensical beliefs because they have a "feeling" that it is true.

Are you scared to test what I am saying? If you don't even want to read The Book of Mormon, how can you criticize my religion. Your criticisms would hold more validity if you actually read The Book of Mormon. Right now you arguing against something you know nothing about. What you say we are , ignorant, is actually what you are. Are you not ignorant about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? Are you scared you might find truth somewhere unexpected?

I don't mean that to be offensive! I know the word ignorant is a loaded word, however, I meant the true definition of it, with no offense.

Lol, all we say is read The Book of Mormon, close your eyes, and pray rather the Book is true. If The Book of Mormon is true, then everything else naturally falls into place.

But it can't be treated like other theories. Your way of finding truth is through praying and a feeling. That is by no means conclusive evidence. And your God asks to much of people. He asks them to do dangerous things. Have faith in something and then try to justify it. One should justify something and prove it to be true and then believe in it. Otherwise one is trusting something without good reason to. Why is God testing us? If he wants me to follow his ways and praise him, he needs to give me a good reason to have faith. A good reason is not that I believe because I want this doctrine to be true which I do.

He will give you a good reason when you read The Book of Mormon and pray about it, with a sincere heart, desiring to know the truth. Are you scared to read The Book of Mormon?

I don't distrust him because of his persecution, I distrust him since he has no evidence backing up his claims and his claims are ridiculous. Are there historical documents of these testimonies? Also your religion originally support polygamy, why not now?

I take it you don't like religion in general, because most religions have miraculous thing happen. Again I will repeat what I said earlier, read The Book of Mormon, it is the light, the truth, the way. There are testimonies of The Book of Mormon, written on one of the first pages.

Polygamy:
Polygamy has been given and taken away throughout history, Old Testament had it, New Testament did not, Book of Mormon did not and beginning of the restored church it did. It has to be done in righteousness or it is against God. Some people say it forms better families... Some say it was because there was not enough men... Some say God commanded, so follow...

So God would rather his followers have blind faith than be intelligent and evaluate and question and use logic and reason? Our test is that we must blindly follow someone who claims to be spreading the word of God? So let's make sure they really believe first and precondition them and make them more likely to take this "proof" as "proof"? We have to believe before we have proof? No. That is wrong. Give me proof and then I'll believe. It is disgusting that a god would value blind faith over good works and only show the blind not the good that they should trust him?

If God gave evidence to everything he did, what would be purpose of earth life? He doesn't ask to follow blindly, he says read The Book of Mormon and pray about it. You can even read the new testament then The Book of Mormon, many parallels between books. Again I will pose the question, are you scared to read The Book of Mormon?
Testimonies of The Book of Mormon:
http://lds.org...

Is happiness more important than the truth? Of course you don't want it changed. I'm sure those beliefs give you much comfort and happiness. But you're weak. You believe because you want to not because it rational or good for all of us. It's disgusting. It's because of this blind faith that terrorists do crazy things. They really believe it is the right thing to do. And young girls in the fundamentalists sects of your religion marry old men because they truly believe it is right. Is that a good thing?

With all due respect Rogue and others, I think your the weak one, you can not even read The Book of Mormon, your ignorant to what I believe, yet you think you know everything about it. Is that rational thinking? Don't you believe in removing ignorance from your mind? I thought you didn't believe in blind faith? Your thinking is irrational because you automatically assume stuff about me and my religion, your ignorant because you know nothing about my faith and you have blind faith because you believe stuff about my religion, when you know nothing about it.

You think it's hard to raise a good family without being a mormon?

I am not saying that, I am saying The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the ideal way to raise a family, imo.

I want to clarify this post is not meat to be harsh, combative or mean. The words I use are loaded words, but I use the strict definition of them, therefore, mean no offense. I am glad you are at least asking questions about my religion, Rogue, you show a level of intelligence above most, you actually want to understand religion and "things" in general. If you truly want to know about my religion and remove ignorance from your mind, read what my religion is based on The Book of Mormon, another testament of Jesus Christ.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 4:18:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 9:55:49 PM, tyler90az wrote:

And what leads you to believe this? Any evidence? Does this make any historical sense?

Well if you don't believe he was resurrected, then it will be hard for you to believe this.


Why don't you try?

http://www.lds.org... then search exaltation.



So your church did believe this at one time?

No, it is something one man believed to be true. It was his theory, not the churches as a whole. If you go to http://www.blacklds.org... you can learn a lot.


Ok so what historical evidence is there to support that these people were here?(the jaredites, nephites, and lamanites) Why do you believe this? Do you just believe it since your book says so?

The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ, I believe everything with the pages. If you want to know more about DNA go to http://www.jefflindsay.com...

Lol, all we say is read The Book of Mormon, close your eyes, and pray rather the Book is true. If The Book of Mormon is true, then everything else naturally falls into place.

But praying does not prove that something is true. One should not believe nonsensical beliefs because they have a "feeling" that it is true.

Are you scared to test what I am saying? If you don't even want to read The Book of Mormon, how can you criticize my religion. Your criticisms would hold more validity if you actually read The Book of Mormon. Right now you arguing against something you know nothing about. What you say we are , ignorant, is actually what you are. Are you not ignorant about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? Are you scared you might find truth somewhere unexpected?

I don't mean that to be offensive! I know the word ignorant is a loaded word, however, I meant the true definition of it, with no offense.

Lol, all we say is read The Book of Mormon, close your eyes, and pray rather the Book is true. If The Book of Mormon is true, then everything else naturally falls into place.


But it can't be treated like other theories. Your way of finding truth is through praying and a feeling. That is by no means conclusive evidence. And your God asks to much of people. He asks them to do dangerous things. Have faith in something and then try to justify it. One should justify something and prove it to be true and then believe in it. Otherwise one is trusting something without good reason to. Why is God testing us? If he wants me to follow his ways and praise him, he needs to give me a good reason to have faith. A good reason is not that I believe because I want this doctrine to be true which I do.

He will give you a good reason when you read The Book of Mormon and pray about it, with a sincere heart, desiring to know the truth. Are you scared to read The Book of Mormon?

I don't distrust him because of his persecution, I distrust him since he has no evidence backing up his claims and his claims are ridiculous. Are there historical documents of these testimonies? Also your religion originally support polygamy, why not now?

I take it you don't like religion in general, because most religions have miraculous thing happen. Again I will repeat what I said earlier, read The Book of Mormon, it is the light, the truth, the way. There are testimonies of The Book of Mormon, written on one of the first pages.

Polygamy:
Polygamy has been given and taken away throughout history, Old Testament had it, New Testament did not, Book of Mormon did not and beginning of the restored church it did. It has to be done in righteousness or it is against God. Some people say it forms better families... Some say it was because there was not enough men... Some say God commanded, so follow...


So God would rather his followers have blind faith than be intelligent and evaluate and question and use logic and reason? Our test is that we must blindly follow someone who claims to be spreading the word of God? So let's make sure they really believe first and precondition them and make them more likely to take this "proof" as "proof"? We have to believe before we have proof? No. That is wrong. Give me proof and then I'll believe. It is disgusting that a god would value blind faith over good works and only show the blind not the good that they should trust him?

If God gave evidence to everything he did, what would be purpose of earth life? He doesn't ask to follow blindly, he says read The Book of Mormon and pray about it. You can even read the new testament then The Book of Mormon, many parallels between books. Again I will pose the question, are you scared to read The Book of Mormon?
Testimonies of The Book of Mormon:
http://lds.org...


Is happiness more important than the truth? Of course you don't want it changed. I'm sure those beliefs give you much comfort and happiness. But you're weak. You believe because you want to not because it rational or good for all of us. It's disgusting. It's because of this blind faith that terrorists do crazy things. They really believe it is the right thing to do. And young girls in the fundamentalists sects of your religion marry old men because they truly believe it is right. Is that a good thing?

With all due respect Rogue and others, I think your the weak one, you can not even read The Book of Mormon, your ignorant to what I believe, yet you think you know everything about it. Is that rational thinking? Don't you believe in removing ignorance from your mind? I thought you didn't believe in blind faith? Your thinking is irrational because you automatically assume stuff about me and my religion, your ignorant because you know nothing about my faith and you have blind faith because you believe stuff about my religion, when you know nothing about it.

You think it's hard to raise a good family without being a mormon?

I am not saying that, I am saying The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the ideal way to raise a family, imo.

I want to clarify this post is not meat to be harsh, combative or mean. The words I use are loaded words, but I use the strict definition of them, therefore, mean no offense. I am glad you are at least asking questions about my religion, Rogue, you show a level of intelligence above most, you actually want to understand religion and "things" in general. If you truly want to know about my religion and remove ignorance from your mind, read what my religion is based on The Book of Mormon, another testament of Jesus Christ.

Mormons know they are not Christians, they just need greater acceptance to collect more money.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2011 11:53:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/12/2011 9:55:49 PM, tyler90az wrote:

And what leads you to believe this? Any evidence? Does this make any historical sense?

Well if you don't believe he was resurrected, then it will be hard for you to believe this.

What reason would I have to believe that he was resurrected other than because the Bible says so. The Bible is by no means a valid source or science or history.


Why don't you try?

http://www.lds.org... then search exaltation.

Yeah so on the site it said that you believe that you all will become gods and live with your family members.




The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ, I believe everything with the pages. If you want to know more about DNA go to http://www.jefflindsay.com...

What evidence is there that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ? The Bible can't even be counted as one! Jesus did not write it. It has been changed greatly over the years through translation errors and church leaders editing it. We can't even be sure of who wrote those books! What about DNA? If anything in the Book of Mormon was supported by science, it would be big news.

Lol, all we say is read The Book of Mormon, close your eyes, and pray rather the Book is true. If The Book of Mormon is true, then everything else naturally falls into place.

But praying does not prove that something is true. One should not believe nonsensical beliefs because they have a "feeling" that it is true.

Are you scared to test what I am saying?

You are really going to try to play that card? I would love for you to be right. I'm just not going to lie to myself to make myself feel better.

If you don't even want to read The Book of Mormon, how can you criticize my religion.

I have read passages and I'm going to try to get my hands on a copy. And I can criticize religion because it is illogical and has been proven to be false and inaccurate. If I believed the world was flat, you would criticize me even if you hadn't read the book that convinced me.

Your criticisms would hold more validity if you actually read The Book of Mormon. Right now you arguing against something you know nothing about.

I know a lot about your religion. I've done my research and I have a good friend who is a mormon.

Are you scared you might find truth somewhere unexpected?

Are you scared that these things that have given you comfort your whole life might be false?

Lol, all we say is read The Book of Mormon, close your eyes, and pray rather the Book is true. If The Book of Mormon is true, then everything else naturally falls into place.


But it can't be treated like other theories. Your way of finding truth is through praying and a feeling. That is by no means conclusive evidence. And your God asks to much of people. He asks them to do dangerous things. Have faith in something and then try to justify it. One should justify something and prove it to be true and then believe in it. Otherwise one is trusting something without good reason to. Why is God testing us? If he wants me to follow his ways and praise him, he needs to give me a good reason to have faith. A good reason is not that I believe because I want this doctrine to be true which I do.

He will give you a good reason when you read The Book of Mormon and pray about it, with a sincere heart, desiring to know the truth. Are you scared to read The Book of Mormon?

What do I have to be scared of? If the Book of Mormon were true I could live life knowing there is meaning, purpose, justice, and eventual happiness. If God somehow gives me a message telling me to read the Book of Mormon, I would convert asap.

I don't distrust him because of his persecution, I distrust him since he has no evidence backing up his claims and his claims are ridiculous. Are there historical documents of these testimonies? Also your religion originally support polygamy, why not now?

I take it you don't like religion in general, because most religions have miraculous thing happen. Again I will repeat what I said earlier, read The Book of Mormon, it is the light, the truth, the way. There are testimonies of The Book of Mormon, written on one of the first pages.

It's not that I don't like it. I love the cultural aspect. I hate that it tells people to believe things blindly. It is so detrimental to society.

Polygamy:
Polygamy has been given and taken away throughout history, Old Testament had it, New Testament did not, Book of Mormon did not and beginning of the restored church it did. It has to be done in righteousness or it is against God. Some people say it forms better families... Some say it was because there was not enough men... Some say God commanded, so follow...

I honestly don't have a problem with consensual polygamy but will you deny that it was originally sanctioned in your church?


So God would rather his followers have blind faith than be intelligent and evaluate and question and use logic and reason? Our test is that we must blindly follow someone who claims to be spreading the word of God? So let's make sure they really believe first and precondition them and make them more likely to take this "proof" as "proof"? We have to believe before we have proof? No. That is wrong. Give me proof and then I'll believe. It is disgusting that a god would value blind faith over good works and only show the blind not the good that they should trust him?

If God gave evidence to everything he did, what would be purpose of earth life? He doesn't ask to follow blindly, he says read The Book of Mormon and pray about it.

How many times do I have to tell you that that isn't evidence! The purpose would be to follow him and live a good life and try to defeat evil.

Is happiness more important than the truth? Of course you don't want it changed. I'm sure those beliefs give you much comfort and happiness. But you're weak. You believe because you want to not because it rational or good for all of us. It's disgusting. It's because of this blind faith that terrorists do crazy things. They really believe it is the right thing to do. And young girls in the fundamentalists sects of your religion marry old men because they truly believe it is right. Is that a good thing?

With all due respect Rogue and others, I think your the weak one, you can not even read The Book of Mormon, your ignorant to what I believe, yet you think you know everything about it. Is that rational thinking? Don't you believe in removing ignorance from your mind? I thought you didn't believe in blind faith? Your thinking is irrational because you automatically assume stuff about me and my religion, your ignorant because you know nothing about my faith and you have blind faith because you believe stuff about my religion, when you know nothing about it.

I think its pretty clear that we do know a lot about your religion. We also look on the sites you tell us to. We are cooperating. We are trying to educate ourselves and others. Why do you think we talk to you? I haven't assumed anything. Everything I said was from good sources. And could you answer my question?


I want to clarify this post is not meat to be harsh, combative or mean. The words I use are loaded words, but I use the strict definition of them, therefore, mean no offense. I am glad you are at least asking questions about my religion, Rogue, you show a level of intelligence above most, you actually want to understand religion and "things" in general. If you truly want to know about my religion and remove ignorance from your mind, read what my religion is based on The Book of Mormon, another testament of Jesus Christ.

Hey no worries. It's DDO. Everyone is really mean and combative sometimes. Some people all the time. I get that way when I am passionate about something. I'm not offended. I am