Total Posts:198|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Question for atheists

MasterKage
Posts: 1,257
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 5:47:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Well I'm not an atheist, but there are many reasons that people would disagree with the existence of god.

The bible (normally) is not a credible source/reference to atheists.

An example of a few arguments against the existence of god:

1) The problem with evil: Briefly, the problem is that the traditional conception of God implies that if God exists then he knows how to, wants to, and is able to prevent all suffering.

2) Paradox of the Stone.
Perhaps the best known of these is the paradox of the stone: Can God create a stone so heavy that he cannot lift it?

(http://www.debate.org...)

Two more were also mentioned there.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 5:48:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 5:41:30 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Have you not read the Quran?

Have you not read the Vedas?

How about the Upanishads?

Have you read the Buddhavacana?

Why is the CHRISTIAN text correct, where there are MANY books that claim to have true knowledge?
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 5:48:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I Call Poe's Law.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 5:49:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is one big problem I have with religion. Why is only ONE right when we clearly have THOUSANDS of them claiming to be the truth? How do we reason which is correct? What's the criteria? How can we test whose "God" is actually "God"?
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 5:50:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 5:47:28 PM, MasterKage wrote:
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Well I'm not an atheist, but there are many reasons that people would disagree with the existence of god.

The bible (normally) is not a credible source/reference to atheists.

An example of a few arguments against the existence of god:

1) The problem with evil: Briefly, the problem is that the traditional conception of God implies that if God exists then he knows how to, wants to, and is able to prevent all suffering.

2) Paradox of the Stone.
Perhaps the best known of these is the paradox of the stone: Can God create a stone so heavy that he cannot lift it?

(http://www.debate.org...)

Two more were also mentioned there.

1. Have they never heard of Free will, the problem of evil is really not a problem for us Christians, the problem is for atheists, without a god how do they explain that moral wrongs even exist.

2. God can do anything he is not constrained by logical laws, he is the one who conceives of the rules of logic, he does not have to follow them, so the paradox of the rock is nonsensical when talking about a transcendent being like god.
bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 5:53:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 5:49:25 PM, M.Torres wrote:
This is one big problem I have with religion. Why is only ONE right when we clearly have THOUSANDS of them claiming to be the truth? How do we reason which is correct? What's the criteria? How can we test whose "God" is actually "God"?

Unlike those other religions once you have a personal relationship with Jesus you will understand. Jesus is there, all you need to do is ask. I promise you will find him. You just need to sincerely ask.
MasterKage
Posts: 1,257
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 5:54:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 5:50:12 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:47:28 PM, MasterKage wrote:
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Well I'm not an atheist, but there are many reasons that people would disagree with the existence of god.

The bible (normally) is not a credible source/reference to atheists.

An example of a few arguments against the existence of god:

1) The problem with evil: Briefly, the problem is that the traditional conception of God implies that if God exists then he knows how to, wants to, and is able to prevent all suffering.

2) Paradox of the Stone.
Perhaps the best known of these is the paradox of the stone: Can God create a stone so heavy that he cannot lift it?

(http://www.debate.org...)

Two more were also mentioned there.

1. Have they never heard of Free will, the problem of evil is really not a problem for us Christians, the problem is for atheists, without a god how do they explain that moral wrongs even exist.

2. God can do anything he is not constrained by logical laws, he is the one who conceives of the rules of logic, he does not have to follow them, so the paradox of the rock is nonsensical when talking about a transcendent being like god.

[1] The actually argument here is that God allows such evil and suffering, so if he actually existed than why wouldn't he stop it.

[2] Yes God created rules of logic, since you even accepted that why wouldn't God follow his own laws?
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 5:55:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 5:53:35 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:49:25 PM, M.Torres wrote:
This is one big problem I have with religion. Why is only ONE right when we clearly have THOUSANDS of them claiming to be the truth? How do we reason which is correct? What's the criteria? How can we test whose "God" is actually "God"?

Unlike those other religions once you have a personal relationship with Jesus you will understand. Jesus is there, all you need to do is ask. I promise you will find him. You just need to sincerely ask.

... *sigh*

But I already have such a great personal relationship with Zeus. And Thor and I like to chat it up before I sleep. I've asked Anubis multiple times, but he always says "no".
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
MasterKage
Posts: 1,257
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 5:56:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 5:49:25 PM, M.Torres wrote:
This is one big problem I have with religion. Why is only ONE right when we clearly have THOUSANDS of them claiming to be the truth? How do we reason which is correct? What's the criteria? How can we test whose "God" is actually "God"?

Yeah I'm having the same problem.
There are so many individual gods and religions that I don't really now what to think.

*Changes DDO religion to Agnostic.*
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 5:56:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 5:54:28 PM, MasterKage wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:50:12 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:47:28 PM, MasterKage wrote:
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Well I'm not an atheist, but there are many reasons that people would disagree with the existence of god.

The bible (normally) is not a credible source/reference to atheists.

An example of a few arguments against the existence of god:

1) The problem with evil: Briefly, the problem is that the traditional conception of God implies that if God exists then he knows how to, wants to, and is able to prevent all suffering.

2) Paradox of the Stone.
Perhaps the best known of these is the paradox of the stone: Can God create a stone so heavy that he cannot lift it?

(http://www.debate.org...)

Two more were also mentioned there.

1. Have they never heard of Free will, the problem of evil is really not a problem for us Christians, the problem is for atheists, without a god how do they explain that moral wrongs even exist.

2. God can do anything he is not constrained by logical laws, he is the one who conceives of the rules of logic, he does not have to follow them, so the paradox of the rock is nonsensical when talking about a transcendent being like god.

[1] The actually argument here is that God allows such evil and suffering, so if he actually existed than why wouldn't he stop it.

[2] Yes God created rules of logic, since you even accepted that why wouldn't God follow his own laws?

again free will, he had to allow free will. If god doesn't give us free will we would all walk around like robots, you wouldn't want that. Suffering is the price of free will.

2. God created the rules of logic for humans, so that they could make sense of things, gods mind is beyond the need for logic he can make sense of anything. If a parent makes their child go to bed at 9, why doesn't the parent make themselves have to go to bed at 9?
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 5:57:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 5:41:30 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Why do you say there is not an alien mothership with a cloaking device hovering above you right now ? What proof do you have that it does not exist ? Have you not watched star trek ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 5:57:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 5:48:57 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I Call Poe's Law.

Nah, its obvious that they are a troll, and as such you can't invoke Poe, ner ner.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 5:58:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 5:49:25 PM, M.Torres wrote:
This is one big problem I have with religion. Why is only ONE right when we clearly have THOUSANDS of them claiming to be the truth? How do we reason which is correct? What's the criteria? How can we test whose "God" is actually "God"?
I'll give you a one-minute challenge question. Accept?
bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 5:59:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 5:57:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:41:30 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Why do you say there is not an alien mothership with a cloaking device hovering above you right now ? What proof do you have that it does not exist ? Have you not watched star trek ?

Do you believe that? Why are you bringing that up, its not relevant here. Secondly, that would not be part of gods plan, therefore I can be sure of this. The existence of god, allows me to know things, if you don't presuppose god, you can't know anything.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 6:00:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 5:57:40 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:48:57 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I Call Poe's Law.

Nah, its obvious that they are a troll, and as such you can't invoke Poe, ner ner.

True dat
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 6:00:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 5:59:03 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:57:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:41:30 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Why do you say there is not an alien mothership with a cloaking device hovering above you right now ? What proof do you have that it does not exist ? Have you not watched star trek ?

Do you believe that? Why are you bringing that up, its not relevant here. Secondly, that would not be part of gods plan, therefore I can be sure of this. The existence of god, allows me to know things, if you don't presuppose god, you can't know anything.

OF COURSE.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 6:00:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 5:41:30 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Did anyone else initially read his username as "Bigboob" ?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 6:01:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 5:59:03 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:57:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:41:30 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Why do you say there is not an alien mothership with a cloaking device hovering above you right now ? What proof do you have that it does not exist ? Have you not watched star trek ?

Do you believe that? Why are you bringing that up, its not relevant here. Secondly, that would not be part of gods plan, therefore I can be sure of this. The existence of god, allows me to know things, if you don't presuppose god, you can't know anything.

Its very relevant. You asking about things that can't be proved to not exist.

What proof do you have that the alien mothership does not exist ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
MasterKage
Posts: 1,257
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 6:02:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 5:59:03 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:57:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:41:30 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Why do you say there is not an alien mothership with a cloaking device hovering above you right now ? What proof do you have that it does not exist ? Have you not watched star trek ?

Do you believe that? Why are you bringing that up, its not relevant here. Secondly, that would not be part of gods plan, therefore I can be sure of this. The existence of god, allows me to know things, if you don't presuppose god, you can't know anything.

Don't you see a similarity to your first post in this thread and Combatant's?

if you don't presuppose god, you can't know anything.

This is just blatantly false.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 6:04:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 6:00:44 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:59:03 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:57:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:41:30 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Why do you say there is not an alien mothership with a cloaking device hovering above you right now ? What proof do you have that it does not exist ? Have you not watched star trek ?

Do you believe that? Why are you bringing that up, its not relevant here. Secondly, that would not be part of gods plan, therefore I can be sure of this. The existence of god, allows me to know things, if you don't presuppose god, you can't know anything.

OF COURSE.

non-believers like you make me laugh, you try to use logic, but you have zero reason to even accept logic exists without god. IF you do care to explain it to me?
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 6:06:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 6:01:57 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:59:03 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:57:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:41:30 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Why do you say there is not an alien mothership with a cloaking device hovering above you right now ? What proof do you have that it does not exist ? Have you not watched star trek ?

Do you believe that? Why are you bringing that up, its not relevant here. Secondly, that would not be part of gods plan, therefore I can be sure of this. The existence of god, allows me to know things, if you don't presuppose god, you can't know anything.

Its very relevant. You asking about things that can't be proved to not exist.

What proof do you have that the alien mothership does not exist ?

I going to insist on an answer here Bob.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 6:07:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 6:04:05 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 6:00:44 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:59:03 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:57:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:41:30 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Why do you say there is not an alien mothership with a cloaking device hovering above you right now ? What proof do you have that it does not exist ? Have you not watched star trek ?

Do you believe that? Why are you bringing that up, its not relevant here. Secondly, that would not be part of gods plan, therefore I can be sure of this. The existence of god, allows me to know things, if you don't presuppose god, you can't know anything.

OF COURSE.

non-believers like you make me laugh, you try to use logic, but you have zero reason to even accept logic exists without god. IF you do care to explain it to me?

... because I am sitting here. Typing this as we speak. If I imagine I never met a Christian my entire life, I would simply have no reason to even CONSIDER believing in God.

Believers like you make me laugh. You try to use faith, but you have zero reason to accept that faith makes anything true.

We've all had faith before, and it fails. I have had faith I would get an A on a test, for example. If I get a B, after, what does that say about faith? How can we extend that to ANYTHING if it is obvious faith does NOT work?

And you stil haven't answered why OTHER religions are not correct compared to yours. Can you do that?
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 6:08:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 6:06:04 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 6:01:57 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:59:03 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:57:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:41:30 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Why do you say there is not an alien mothership with a cloaking device hovering above you right now ? What proof do you have that it does not exist ? Have you not watched star trek ?

Do you believe that? Why are you bringing that up, its not relevant here. Secondly, that would not be part of gods plan, therefore I can be sure of this. The existence of god, allows me to know things, if you don't presuppose god, you can't know anything.

Its very relevant. You asking about things that can't be proved to not exist.

What proof do you have that the alien mothership does not exist ?

I going to insist on an answer here Bob.

I gave you an answer, my worldview is based on the existence of god, that would not be part of his plan, therefore I am confident that the mothership does not exist. Can you explain to me why you don't think the mothership exists?
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 6:08:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 6:08:02 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 6:06:04 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 6:01:57 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:59:03 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:57:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:41:30 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Why do you say there is not an alien mothership with a cloaking device hovering above you right now ? What proof do you have that it does not exist ? Have you not watched star trek ?

Do you believe that? Why are you bringing that up, its not relevant here. Secondly, that would not be part of gods plan, therefore I can be sure of this. The existence of god, allows me to know things, if you don't presuppose god, you can't know anything.

Its very relevant. You asking about things that can't be proved to not exist.

What proof do you have that the alien mothership does not exist ?

I going to insist on an answer here Bob.

I gave you an answer, my worldview is based on the existence of god, that would not be part of his plan, therefore I am confident that the mothership does not exist. Can you explain to me why you don't think the mothership exists?

... who will win the 2012 election? According to God's "plan"?
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 6:11:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 6:02:07 PM, MasterKage wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:59:03 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:57:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:41:30 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Why do you say there is not an alien mothership with a cloaking device hovering above you right now ? What proof do you have that it does not exist ? Have you not watched star trek ?

Do you believe that? Why are you bringing that up, its not relevant here. Secondly, that would not be part of gods plan, therefore I can be sure of this. The existence of god, allows me to know things, if you don't presuppose god, you can't know anything.

Don't you see a similarity to your first post in this thread and Combatant's?

if you don't presuppose god, you can't know anything.

This is just blatantly false.

psalm 14:1
1 The fool[a] says in his heart,
"There is no God."

This is so true as the fool claims to know things through logic, but a logical world requires a god.
MasterKage
Posts: 1,257
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 6:12:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 6:08:02 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 6:06:04 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 6:01:57 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:59:03 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:57:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:41:30 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Why do you say there is not an alien mothership with a cloaking device hovering above you right now ? What proof do you have that it does not exist ? Have you not watched star trek ?

Do you believe that? Why are you bringing that up, its not relevant here. Secondly, that would not be part of gods plan, therefore I can be sure of this. The existence of god, allows me to know things, if you don't presuppose god, you can't know anything.

Its very relevant. You asking about things that can't be proved to not exist.

What proof do you have that the alien mothership does not exist ?

I going to insist on an answer here Bob.

I gave you an answer, my worldview is based on the existence of god, that would not be part of his plan, therefore I am confident that the mothership does not exist. Can you explain to me why you don't think the mothership exists?

Star Trek=Fictional

Mother Ship=Fictional

Mother Ship & Star Trek= Not real.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 6:12:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 6:11:03 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 6:02:07 PM, MasterKage wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:59:03 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:57:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:41:30 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Why do you say there is not an alien mothership with a cloaking device hovering above you right now ? What proof do you have that it does not exist ? Have you not watched star trek ?

Do you believe that? Why are you bringing that up, its not relevant here. Secondly, that would not be part of gods plan, therefore I can be sure of this. The existence of god, allows me to know things, if you don't presuppose god, you can't know anything.

Don't you see a similarity to your first post in this thread and Combatant's?

if you don't presuppose god, you can't know anything.

This is just blatantly false.

psalm 14:1
1 The fool[a] says in his heart,
"There is no God."

This is so true as the fool claims to know things through logic, but a logical world requires a god.

Wisdom 7:81
81 The fool says in his heart,
"There is only one Christian God"

This is so true as the claims to know things through faith, but faith cannot provide us with anything.

AND PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY A LOGICAL WORLD NEEDS A GOD. Why?
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 6:14:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 6:08:02 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 6:06:04 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 6:01:57 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:59:03 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:57:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 5:41:30 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
Why do you say there is no god? What proof do you have that god does not exist? Have you not read the bible?

Why do you say there is not an alien mothership with a cloaking device hovering above you right now ? What proof do you have that it does not exist ? Have you not watched star trek ?

Do you believe that? Why are you bringing that up, its not relevant here. Secondly, that would not be part of gods plan, therefore I can be sure of this. The existence of god, allows me to know things, if you don't presuppose god, you can't know anything.

Its very relevant. You asking about things that can't be proved to not exist.

What proof do you have that the alien mothership does not exist ?

I going to insist on an answer here Bob.

I gave you an answer, my worldview is based on the existence of god, that would not be part of his plan, therefore I am confident that the mothership does not exist. Can you explain to me why you don't think the mothership exists?

My world view is that God exists and part of his plan includes aliens and their motherships, as such I can be confident that the mothership does exist. See I can hide behind God too to justify unsupported assertions too.

I don't think the ship exists cause there is no good reason to believe it exists.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12