Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

The Proof of God is in the chicken

Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 7:22:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Fried chicken is delicious, I know it, you know it, we all know it, the TRUTH is UNDENIABLE. Atheists can't account for this in their world view, and if you can't account for something, and you can't explain it, then you need an answer. Now some of you heathen may have the nerve to say I don't know, A HA see you admit it you DON'T KNOW thus establishing the existence of God.

1) Fried chicken is delicious
2) The atheistic world view doesn't account for this
C) Therefore God did it

Finding God in ignorance since....4000 BC.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 7:35:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 7:22:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Fried chicken is delicious, I know it, you know it, we all know it, the TRUTH is UNDENIABLE. Atheists can't account for this in their world view, and if you can't account for something, and you can't explain it, then you need an answer. Now some of you heathen may have the nerve to say I don't know, A HA see you admit it you DON'T KNOW thus establishing the existence of God.

1) Fried chicken is delicious (i.e. a "taste" qualia)
2) The atheistic world view doesn't account for this (i.e. doesn't account for qualia)
C) Therefore God did it (God provides the best explanation of the existence of qualia)


Fixed. Sounds like a halfway plausible argument to me. :) You can check out Robert Adam's argument "Flavors, Colors, and God" in "The Virtue of Faith and other essays in philosophical theology" for fuller explication.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 7:38:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Kfc
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 7:40:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 7:35:05 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 12/16/2011 7:22:08 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Fried chicken is delicious, I know it, you know it, we all know it, the TRUTH is UNDENIABLE. Atheists can't account for this in their world view, and if you can't account for something, and you can't explain it, then you need an answer. Now some of you heathen may have the nerve to say I don't know, A HA see you admit it you DON'T KNOW thus establishing the existence of God.

1) Fried chicken is delicious (i.e. a "taste" qualia)
2) The atheistic world view doesn't account for this (i.e. doesn't account for qualia)
C) Therefore God did it (God provides the best explanation of the existence of qualia)


Fixed. Sounds like a halfway plausible argument to me. :) You can check out Robert Adam's argument "Flavors, Colors, and God" in "The Virtue of Faith and other essays in philosophical theology" for fuller explication.

I forget who wrote it but its a great book titled "How I found God through tasty fried chicken, a blackmans journey"

Oh that's right, the guys name was Tom Blackman, think he was mexican.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 7:43:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 7:40:47 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

I forget who wrote it but its a great book titled "How I found God through tasty fried chicken, a blackmans journey"

Oh that's right, the guys name was Tom Blackman, think he was mexican.

Sounds like my kind of man. :)
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 7:45:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 7:43:04 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 12/16/2011 7:40:47 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

I forget who wrote it but its a great book titled "How I found God through tasty fried chicken, a blackmans journey"

Oh that's right, the guys name was Tom Blackman, think he was mexican.

Sounds like my kind of man. :)

The only MAN you need is Jesus, could I interest you in some fried chicken ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 7:51:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am sorry, this is a false analogy, it tries to equivocate a transcendent concept(logical absolutes) with a subjective concept (delicious).
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 7:53:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 7:45:15 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

The only MAN you need is Jesus, could I interest you in some fried chicken ?

I only eat KFC hot wings. You have some of those?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 8:01:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 7:51:41 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
I am sorry, this is a false analogy, it tries to equivocate a transcendent concept(logical absolutes) with a subjective concept (delicious).

Its not the analogy of chicken, its the satire of the crap argument of using ignorance of something we can't explain as a proof of Gods existence.

Tides goes in tides goes out, and YOU can't explain that, Ergo God.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 8:04:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 8:01:57 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 7:51:41 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
I am sorry, this is a false analogy, it tries to equivocate a transcendent concept(logical absolutes) with a subjective concept (delicious).

Its not the analogy of chicken, its the satire of the crap argument of using ignorance of something we can't explain as a proof of Gods existence.

Tides goes in tides goes out, and YOU can't explain that, Ergo God.

If you are going to insult and mock me I will prey for you.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 8:11:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Woah, lookout fellahs, we've got a magician here.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 8:13:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 8:04:51 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 8:01:57 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 7:51:41 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
I am sorry, this is a false analogy, it tries to equivocate a transcendent concept(logical absolutes) with a subjective concept (delicious).

Its not the analogy of chicken, its the satire of the crap argument of using ignorance of something we can't explain as a proof of Gods existence.

Tides goes in tides goes out, and YOU can't explain that, Ergo God.

If you are going to insult and mock me I will prey for you.

pray sorry, typo.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 8:15:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 8:04:51 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 8:01:57 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 7:51:41 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
I am sorry, this is a false analogy, it tries to equivocate a transcendent concept(logical absolutes) with a subjective concept (delicious).

Its not the analogy of chicken, its the satire of the crap argument of using ignorance of something we can't explain as a proof of Gods existence.

Tides goes in tides goes out, and YOU can't explain that, Ergo God.

If you are going to insult and mock me I will prey for you.

How exactly does that prayer work ? Dear God, I have been using ignorance as a proof of your existence, yet when people point this out to me, I make pretentious comments that I will pray to them.

May I offer another alternative ? for your consideration. Don't argue God from ignorance. Don't point out that something that can't be explained and imply therefore it must be God. Also when you see other people doing the same thing point it out to them.

With that said, tide goes in, tide goes out, and YOU can't explain that.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 8:20:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 8:15:38 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 8:04:51 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 8:01:57 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 7:51:41 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
I am sorry, this is a false analogy, it tries to equivocate a transcendent concept(logical absolutes) with a subjective concept (delicious).

Its not the analogy of chicken, its the satire of the crap argument of using ignorance of something we can't explain as a proof of Gods existence.

Tides goes in tides goes out, and YOU can't explain that, Ergo God.

If you are going to insult and mock me I will prey for you.

How exactly does that prayer work ? Dear God, I have been using ignorance as a proof of your existence, yet when people point this out to me, I make pretentious comments that I will pray to them.

May I offer another alternative ? for your consideration. Don't argue God from ignorance. Don't point out that something that can't be explained and imply therefore it must be God. Also when you see other people doing the same thing point it out to them.

With that said, tide goes in, tide goes out, and YOU can't explain that.

Prayer is a conversation between you and god, and god ultimately decides what is best, but with prayer anything is possible.

It is not an argument from ignorance, since logic is a concept and concepts require a mind. Since that is the case, logical truths are transcendent so the mind must also be transcendent, and that mind is gods.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2011 8:34:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/16/2011 8:20:08 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 8:15:38 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 8:04:51 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/16/2011 8:01:57 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 12/16/2011 7:51:41 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
I am sorry, this is a false analogy, it tries to equivocate a transcendent concept(logical absolutes) with a subjective concept (delicious).

Its not the analogy of chicken, its the satire of the crap argument of using ignorance of something we can't explain as a proof of Gods existence.

Tides goes in tides goes out, and YOU can't explain that, Ergo God.

If you are going to insult and mock me I will prey for you.

How exactly does that prayer work ? Dear God, I have been using ignorance as a proof of your existence, yet when people point this out to me, I make pretentious comments that I will pray to them.

May I offer another alternative ? for your consideration. Don't argue God from ignorance. Don't point out that something that can't be explained and imply therefore it must be God. Also when you see other people doing the same thing point it out to them.

With that said, tide goes in, tide goes out, and YOU can't explain that.

Prayer is a conversation between you and god, and god ultimately decides what is best, but with prayer anything is possible.


It is not an argument from ignorance, since logic is a concept and concepts require a mind. Since that is the case, logical truths are transcendent so the mind must also be transcendent, and that mind is gods.

It is an argument from ignorance as soon as you say anything along of the lines of atheists can't explain that. You were using that kind of thinking in your argument and you know it.

As far as your argument WITHOUT appealing to ignorance then that's a different story.

The argument about logical truth been transcendent and been dependent on a transcendent mind and this mind been "God" is all debatable, and that's the purpose of the site now isn't it.

For now I counter that that minds are dependent on brains and God can't have a brain thus doesn't have a mind.

Oh and is God physical or conceptual ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12