Total Posts:60|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Game for atheists!

bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 10:34:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lets say for a moment, remember you are playing along now, that you can either spend eternity in eternal bliss or you can burn in eternal agony. One choice the joy will be beyond compare, the other you will suffer unimaginable pain. Which would you choose? Also why?

With that said, if you answered the first choice, when given the options in a hypothetical situation, why do you continue to choose the latter in reality?
bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 12:53:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
none of you atheists want to account for yourselves here. I knew you didn't have an answer, why is it so hard to admit your wrong. Oh thats right, its hard to shake your belief that you are god. Get over your anger at the one true god and join the love of Christ.
bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 1:00:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 12:58:07 PM, 16kadams wrote:
lol

Don't laugh at them my friend, we are here to teach them not laugh at them. Some very wise men have been led astray by the works of satan. Through Christ we can bring them back.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 1:01:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 1:00:20 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/17/2011 12:58:07 PM, 16kadams wrote:
lol

Don't laugh at them my friend, we are here to teach them not laugh at them. Some very wise men have been led astray by the works of satan. Through Christ we can bring them back.

Your really determined to convert them.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 1:03:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 1:01:45 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/17/2011 1:00:20 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/17/2011 12:58:07 PM, 16kadams wrote:
lol

Don't laugh at them my friend, we are here to teach them not laugh at them. Some very wise men have been led astray by the works of satan. Through Christ we can bring them back.

Your really determined to convert them.

Its like a bus is coming in the street and they are just standing there, I feel morally obligated to scream at them to get out of the street. They are on a one way path to hell and I can't just sit there and watch.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 1:08:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 1:03:26 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/17/2011 1:01:45 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/17/2011 1:00:20 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/17/2011 12:58:07 PM, 16kadams wrote:
lol

Don't laugh at them my friend, we are here to teach them not laugh at them. Some very wise men have been led astray by the works of satan. Through Christ we can bring them back.

Your really determined to convert them.

Its like a bus is coming in the street and they are just standing there, I feel morally obligated to scream at them to get out of the street. They are on a one way path to hell and I can't just sit there and watch.

sorry to say, but the atheists on this site are unconvertible. I've tried, the people on the road are deaf.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 1:09:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 1:08:19 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/17/2011 1:03:26 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/17/2011 1:01:45 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/17/2011 1:00:20 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/17/2011 12:58:07 PM, 16kadams wrote:
lol

Don't laugh at them my friend, we are here to teach them not laugh at them. Some very wise men have been led astray by the works of satan. Through Christ we can bring them back.

Your really determined to convert them.

Its like a bus is coming in the street and they are just standing there, I feel morally obligated to scream at them to get out of the street. They are on a one way path to hell and I can't just sit there and watch.

sorry to say, but the atheists on this site are unconvertible. I've tried, the people on the road are deaf.

don't give up the faith my friend through spreading the word and prayer if we can save even just 1 we have done our job here.
bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 1:12:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 1:09:53 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/17/2011 1:08:19 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/17/2011 1:03:26 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/17/2011 1:01:45 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/17/2011 1:00:20 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/17/2011 12:58:07 PM, 16kadams wrote:
lol

Don't laugh at them my friend, we are here to teach them not laugh at them. Some very wise men have been led astray by the works of satan. Through Christ we can bring them back.

Your really determined to convert them.

Its like a bus is coming in the street and they are just standing there, I feel morally obligated to scream at them to get out of the street. They are on a one way path to hell and I can't just sit there and watch.

sorry to say, but the atheists on this site are unconvertible. I've tried, the people on the road are deaf.

don't give up the faith my friend through spreading the word and prayer if we can save even just 1 we have done our job here.

Ask yourself this, Since Jesus died on the cross to save them, isn't the least I can do is try to convince them of this?
MasterKage
Posts: 1,257
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 2:19:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Posting numerous Christianity threads will do nothing to help you.
I think one is enough to adequately make your point.

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with being an atheist.
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
wiploc
Posts: 1,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 2:22:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 10:34:15 AM, bigbob91 wrote:
Lets say for a moment, remember you are playing along now, that you can either spend eternity in eternal bliss or you can burn in eternal agony. One choice the joy will be beyond compare, the other you will suffer unimaginable pain. Which would you choose? Also why?

I know! I know! Call on me! I want the bliss! I pick bliss!

With that said, if you answered the first choice, when given the options in a hypothetical situation, why do you continue to choose the latter in reality?

I don't. There's no reason to think theists are more likely to get bliss than atheists.

What you've got here is a circular argument. You assume the truth of Christianity in order to prove the truth of Christianity.

What you're really proving is that you don't have any good arguments. If you had good arguments, you would be reduced to using garbage arguments like Pascal's wager.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 2:24:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I find it sad when people place other desires above truth when they determine their beliefs. Blasphemers of the Holy Spirit they are, and they have received their "reward" in full.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
HmblySkTrth
Posts: 26
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 3:44:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I do not mean to sound offensive, but it threads like this that reaffirm to me that I made the right decision to leave Christianity.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 3:52:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 1:12:36 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
Ask yourself this, Since Jesus died on the cross to save them, isn't the least I can do is try to convince them of this?

Ask yourself this, since God, according to the bible, loves us and wants us to worship him, isnt the least he could do is to try to convince us by revealing himself to us?
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 4:51:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1) Logic exists regardless is there's a human mind to observe it
2) At one point humans did not exist
3) Therefore, God must exist

I don't understand, Bob. You state that logic can exist outside of a mind to observe it. But then say if humans did not exist to observe it, another mind must have. But apparently logic is not dependent on the human mind?
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 5:35:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Pathetic.
"Oh, oh! You better love God and praise Jebus or you'll end up in the Hellz!!!"

What kind of pathetically shallow being has the power to create all of existence, yet cares whether some insignificant primate virus on a speck of vegetated dust worships him?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 6:21:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 12:53:42 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
none of you atheists want to account for yourselves here. I knew you didn't have an answer, why is it so hard to admit your wrong. Oh thats right, its hard to shake your belief that you are god. Get over your anger at the one true god and join the love of Christ.

Stop acting like you know us. You disgust me. You believe because you want to. You are irrational and have no intellectual integrity. Please die and stop spreading your filth and ignorance around.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 6:22:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 1:08:19 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/17/2011 1:03:26 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/17/2011 1:01:45 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/17/2011 1:00:20 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
At 12/17/2011 12:58:07 PM, 16kadams wrote:
lol

Don't laugh at them my friend, we are here to teach them not laugh at them. Some very wise men have been led astray by the works of satan. Through Christ we can bring them back.

Your really determined to convert them.

Its like a bus is coming in the street and they are just standing there, I feel morally obligated to scream at them to get out of the street. They are on a one way path to hell and I can't just sit there and watch.

sorry to say, but the atheists on this site are unconvertible. I've tried, the people on the road are deaf.

The people in the road are like "wtf are you talking about? There is absolutely no bus coming. What you smokin bro?"
Rasheed
Posts: 49
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 6:40:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
As a Muslim I find it condescending to arrogantly proclaim that anyone who does not believe in your brand of religion is doomed to eternal torture. As people of faith we are still obligated to appeal to a persons logic, and if we cannot persuade them using that then we have no business looking down our nose at them.

With all the disagreements that I have with atheists it cannot be denied that they are intelligent people who will not believe something just because a dreamy eyed person testifies to it. They want proof, and no one can blame them for that, because we demand proof everyday when dealing with offers from friends and strangers, and personal experience is not the same as fact. They are brave people, and if the religious community comes to them with incredible stories about donkeys talking, men walking on water, and the sun standing still in the sky, and expect to be taken seriously in this scientific age, we are mistaken.

Stop the fake pity for atheists because it insults everyones intelligence. Either provide evidence for your position or acknowledge that your position cannot withstand intellectual examination.
Say; He Allah (S.W.T.) is One God, He Begets not, nor is He begotten, and there is none like unto Him."
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 6:56:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 6:40:14 PM, Rasheed wrote:
As a Muslim I find it condescending to arrogantly proclaim that anyone who does not believe in your brand of religion is doomed to eternal torture. As people of faith we are still obligated to appeal to a persons logic, and if we cannot persuade them using that then we have no business looking down our nose at them.

With all the disagreements that I have with atheists it cannot be denied that they are intelligent people who will not believe something just because a dreamy eyed person testifies to it. They want proof, and no one can blame them for that, because we demand proof everyday when dealing with offers from friends and strangers, and personal experience is not the same as fact. They are brave people, and if the religious community comes to them with incredible stories about donkeys talking, men walking on water, and the sun standing still in the sky, and expect to be taken seriously in this scientific age, we are mistaken.

Stop the fake pity for atheists because it insults everyones intelligence. Either provide evidence for your position or acknowledge that your position cannot withstand intellectual examination.

Excellent post.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2011 7:30:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 10:34:15 AM, bigbob91 wrote:
Lets say for a moment, remember you are playing along now, that you can either spend eternity in eternal bliss or you can burn in eternal agony. One choice the joy will be beyond compare, the other you will suffer unimaginable pain. Which would you choose? Also why?


With that said, if you answered the first choice, when given the options in a hypothetical situation, why do you continue to choose the latter in reality?

Bliss. Because I'm not an idiot.
wiploc
Posts: 1,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 12:53:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 6:56:55 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 12/17/2011 6:40:14 PM, Rasheed wrote:
Stop the fake pity for atheists because it insults everyones intelligence. Either provide evidence for your position or acknowledge that your position cannot withstand intellectual examination.

Excellent post.

Yes, good post.
bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 8:16:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 6:21:23 PM, rogue wrote:
At 12/17/2011 12:53:42 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
none of you atheists want to account for yourselves here. I knew you didn't have an answer, why is it so hard to admit your wrong. Oh thats right, its hard to shake your belief that you are god. Get over your anger at the one true god and join the love of Christ.

Stop acting like you know us. You disgust me. You believe because you want to. You are irrational and have no intellectual integrity. Please die and stop spreading your filth and ignorance around.

Why do you hate god so much? But there is very good reason I believe in god. Let me show you.

Logical absolutes exist
anything that exists must be physical or conceptual
logical absolutes are not physical
Therefore they are conceptual.

concept: http://www.thefreedictionary.com.........
1. A general idea derived or inferred from specific instances or occurrences.
2. Something formed in the mind; a thought or notion.

By definition a concept must come from a mind.

Logical absolutes transcend the human mind and cannot come from human minds. Since human minds are different and these logical absolutes are true at any time or space.
Logical Absolutes are not dependent on space.
They do not stop being true dependent on location. If we travel a million light years in a direction, logical absolutes are still true.
Logical Absolutes are not dependent on time.
They do not stop being true dependent on time. If we travel a billion years in the future or past, logical absolutes are still true.
http://carm.org.........

Therefore the logical absolutes must come from a transcendent mind, and that mind is what we have defined as god.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 1:43:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
A Better question is this:

If somebody is yelling "There is a bus coming!", and you look and see no evidence of a bus coming, then why should I believe there is a bus coming?

I think it's foolish to believe in something that does not exist, yet you assert it's stupid to not be scared of something that does not exist. Which makes no sense.

It's not a 2 option question, it's a 3 option question:

1. Get saved by a bus there is no evidence of
2. Get hit by the bus there is no evidence of
3. Don't waste time worrying about a bus that there is no evidence of

The third is the most logical and rational option.

"You'll be tortured in hell for eternity...Now is there even the slightest evidence for this? No, it just says so in Mark: 9, Mathew: 13, and Revelation: 14" - Neuroscientist Dr. Sam Harris

Basically, there is no evidence that Heaven and Heaven are real places and it's more likely that they are not...So who is more foolish:

a) Someone who doesn't believe a bus coming because there is no evidence of this bus

or

b) Someone who tries to warn people about a bus that will never come and about a way to be saved from this bus that will never come.

The answer is clearly b) without a shadow of a doubt.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 1:48:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 2:22:20 PM, wiploc wrote:
At 12/17/2011 10:34:15 AM, bigbob91 wrote:
Lets say for a moment, remember you are playing along now, that you can either spend eternity in eternal bliss or you can burn in eternal agony. One choice the joy will be beyond compare, the other you will suffer unimaginable pain. Which would you choose? Also why?

I know! I know! Call on me! I want the bliss! I pick bliss!


With that said, if you answered the first choice, when given the options in a hypothetical situation, why do you continue to choose the latter in reality?

I don't. There's no reason to think theists are more likely to get bliss than atheists.

What you've got here is a circular argument. You assume the truth of Christianity in order to prove the truth of Christianity.

What you're really proving is that you don't have any good arguments. If you had good arguments, you would be reduced to using garbage arguments like Pascal's wager.

The reasoning he presented also reminds me of this argument:

-God exists because the bible says so.
-Why is the bible correct?
-Because God wrote it.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 2:06:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/18/2011 1:48:00 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 12/17/2011 2:22:20 PM, wiploc wrote:
At 12/17/2011 10:34:15 AM, bigbob91 wrote:
Lets say for a moment, remember you are playing along now, that you can either spend eternity in eternal bliss or you can burn in eternal agony. One choice the joy will be beyond compare, the other you will suffer unimaginable pain. Which would you choose? Also why?

I know! I know! Call on me! I want the bliss! I pick bliss!


With that said, if you answered the first choice, when given the options in a hypothetical situation, why do you continue to choose the latter in reality?

I don't. There's no reason to think theists are more likely to get bliss than atheists.

What you've got here is a circular argument. You assume the truth of Christianity in order to prove the truth of Christianity.

What you're really proving is that you don't have any good arguments. If you had good arguments, you would be reduced to using garbage arguments like Pascal's wager.

The reasoning he presented also reminds me of this argument:

-God exists because the bible says so.
-Why is the bible correct?
-Because God wrote it.

You can pretend that god doesn't exist all you want, but the fact remains there were witnesses to the resurrection and denying the truth one day will cause eternal punishment. It is your choice.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 2:07:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Roffle
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 2:12:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 10:34:15 AM, bigbob91 wrote:
Lets say for a moment, remember you are playing along now, that you can either spend eternity in eternal bliss or you can burn in eternal agony. One choice the joy will be beyond compare, the other you will suffer unimaginable pain. Which would you choose? Also why?:

Self-evident, no need to answer.

With that said, if you answered the first choice, when given the options in a hypothetical situation, why do you continue to choose the latter in reality?:

Substantiate that it's a reality.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 2:13:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/17/2011 12:53:42 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
none of you atheists want to account for yourselves here. I knew you didn't have an answer, why is it so hard to admit your wrong. Oh thats right, its hard to shake your belief that you are god. Get over your anger at the one true god and join the love of Christ.:

Gluttony is a sin.... sinner.....
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
bigbob91
Posts: 132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 2:16:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/18/2011 2:13:39 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 12/17/2011 12:53:42 PM, bigbob91 wrote:
none of you atheists want to account for yourselves here. I knew you didn't have an answer, why is it so hard to admit your wrong. Oh thats right, its hard to shake your belief that you are god. Get over your anger at the one true god and join the love of Christ.:

Gluttony is a sin.... sinner.....

Im sorry sir, do you even know what gluttony is?