Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Is evil just a tool against God's boredom?

GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 12:08:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is evil just a tool against God's boredom?

All attempts to define a Shangri-La have failed because of boredom.

An everlasting, non-changing environment, whatever it is, like heaven, would be quite boring.

If you had absolutely no change in your life and no chance for change, how long would it take for you to get bored, if not go completely crazy, from life?

Not long I would wager.

God may have created man to change His boring existence. He may have chosen to add chaos to an otherwise unchanging system. To add evil where no evil was before. To add conflict and share his power with the forces of evil.

In other words, did God need evil to give his own existence meaning?

Take evil out of God's systems and is there any reason for Him to continue living?
Seems not.
Is this why He lets evil continue?

He must have some reason and the above seems to me to be the only way to justify the existence of evil and the fact that God does not end it.

He, like humankind, needs evil, change and surprises to make life worth living.

He could end evil anytime. The fact that He does not speaks volumes of God's need for it.

Is evil just a tool against God's boredom or is there a better reason for God to leave it here with us?

This clip puts the reason for evil as free will.
I do not agree as if that were true, then God would not kill any of us as that would interfere with our free will choice to live.
Either free will is sacred or it is not. It cannot be both violatable and non-violatable.

Is God just bored and using us for entertainment?

Regards
DL
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 1:16:22 PM
I highly doubt your assertion. Boredom and needing a negative counterpart to have some reason to fight for something ect. are all human/ primate attributes. No God would share human attributes like boredom.

"God would not kill any of us as that would interfere with our free will choice to live."

That makes no sense because in The Bible God killed many people through plagues , hurricanes, floods, telling people to kill people in other tribes ect.

I think it makes more sense to say God does not exist.

It seems you are just trying to find ways to justify this being existing by applying human attributes to it when that's not what the theory of God proposes.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 2:27:18 PM
Maybe.
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 3:36:50 PM
At 12/18/2011 1:16:22 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I highly doubt your assertion. Boredom and needing a negative counterpart to have some reason to fight for something ect. are all human/ primate attributes. No God would share human attributes like boredom.

Who can know this to be true unless one has testimony from God?
No one.

"God would not kill any of us as that would interfere with our free will choice to live."

That makes no sense because in The Bible God killed many people through plagues , hurricanes, floods, telling people to kill people in other tribes ect.

It makes sense if the bible and God are myths.
They are. The point is the ignoring of free will in any case.

I think it makes more sense to say God does not exist.

Of course.

It seems you are just trying to find ways to justify this being existing by applying human attributes to it when that's not what the theory of God proposes.

I cannot justify what I do not believe in.
As to the theory of man being led by an alien.

I would argue that for man to follow some invisible alien God who demands everything from us is ridiculous. Man is supreme here and needs not bow down to some usurper of our dominion.

Regards
DL