Jump to topic:

Truth = 1+1=2 equivalent.

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2011 11:55:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have been battling greatly the things of this world and seemingly loosing.

So as it is the eve of Christmas, I would like to present a deep and thought provoking subject: Truth!

What is truth? And when I say truth, I mean, what is the truth to everything, the entire existence of all that exists. What is the purpose to all things? Now, I am not questioning these questions from an angle that says, 'I wonder what truth could be?' but instead I already believe what truth is, is known to man like water is known to fish. And by that, I mean fish know not water like we know it. Truth must be known! As in it is known, we do know it or for most of us, we know of it. And we know what it is that brings us to the knowledge of truth. I dare say this, but in every mind, there is a hindrance, perhaps just a speck of hindrance that calls out, 'Christianity, God, Jesus Christ, morality...What is that about? Sin, hell, death, judgement!' But let me take a few steps back here. Truth can't be so precise, detailed, direct, picky even. Yes it can! To say that truth is broad and open and all inviting cannot be true, how can it be? Lets follow this up now.

If truth is broad and open and all inviting, then truth is no truth at all. What truth says atheism, a belief that rejects all possibilities of any type of god, and a belief that says we are but a mere bubble of hot air in a sea of blackness, and then says, Christianity, a belief that the Son of God has come to die on a tree for our sin to then rise up on the 3rd day making it so that whoever believes in Him shall not only be redeemed from all sin but also live forever with God. Now go to a tribe deep in a jungle and say, you can take both, two for one if you like.

"I am a seeker of the truth!" - Humble!
"I have found the truth!" - Arrogant!

Men plead and chase the passion that is needed to seek truth, they clap and pound their feet in cheer for those who seek truth, for they appear to put away pleasures over what is right, and it takes real men to do that! But when one says, 'I think I have found what may be truth!' or even, 'I'm on to something here, I might have caught hold of the tail that belongs to the truth!' men will go, 'No, that is impossible! No one knows the truth! Not even apart of it! Liar!'. An unexpected crowd show up to a race, cheering and supporting the athletes shouting encouraging words they are without knowledge of when the race will end. But as soon as it does, the crowd turn on the athletes demanding that the race is not finished until they are satisfied. 'No one has finished this race until we say so, now get running!'

Now onto something more title friendly.

If truth is what it is, then everything that opposes it is wrong, incorrect, false, not true, boring, intrusive, and most certainly harmful. What opposes truth is useless, meaningless, irresponsible, and most certainly dangerous. It is easy to disown truth, as truth comes with responsibility and men love to brush any unwanted responsibility away. Truth is right, complete, honest and just.

1+1=2, that is also right, complete, honest and very just. And so, more so, reasonable. Truth is never defeated over a wrong, but it is always victorious.

What I am saying is, if you are not in the truth or finding it, looking with honestly and humility, you are wasting...everything. Pointless self after self that is pointless. Self canceling nonsense that knows not that it is nonsense. Contradicting rubbish, aimless feats of self wants. Useless trails of pleasure. Because that is all what exists out side of truth, temporary pleasures that keep self from knowing truth, as truth takes responsibility.

Truth = 1+1=2 equivalent.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 1:33:15 AM
The truth is, and this might be hard to swallow, but... even mathematics, though the most precise of human sciences, is a construction that is not perfect in the real world. It gets damn close, but it relies on our understanding of what a one is. Outside of the economic systems we create, a one is not always equal to another one.

You can say that one apple equals another apple, but are they are what is equal, or are the labels equal? This is a simple way of expressing a real mathematical issue that even mathematicians grapple with. Understanding this is the key that unlocks much understanding.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2011 7:24:47 PM
At 12/25/2011 1:33:15 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
The truth is, and this might be hard to swallow, but... even mathematics, though the most precise of human sciences, is a construction that is not perfect in the real world. It gets damn close, but it relies on our understanding of what a one is. Outside of the economic systems we create, a one is not always equal to another one.

You can say that one apple equals another apple, but are they are what is equal, or are the labels equal? This is a simple way of expressing a real mathematical issue that even mathematicians grapple with. Understanding this is the key that unlocks much understanding.

Well maths is a concept, but when applied to actual things it can't be totally correct because nothing is the same exact thing. But all what you said is a minor point to make in all that what I have said here.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:01:17 AM
If you truly are a seeker of truth, you will find it. If you are just posturing, like so many who are too cowardly to examine their assumptions, you will never find peace in your "truth".

We are justified by our faith, and the strongest faith comes from those who doubt the most.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 11:09:21 AM
Truth is never defeated over a wrong, but it is always victorious.

How are we to use the book? We must first read it and gain a testimony for ourselves. Men may deceive each other, but God does not deceive men. Therefore, the Book of Mormon sets forth the best test for determining its truthfulness—namely, read it and then ask God if it is true.
Ezra Taft Benson

Book of Mormon
http://lds.org...
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 3:39:36 PM
At 12/26/2011 11:01:17 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
If you truly are a seeker of truth, you will find it. If you are just posturing, like so many who are too cowardly to examine their assumptions, you will never find peace in your "truth".

We are justified by our faith, and the strongest faith comes from those who doubt the most.

How do you go about seeking the truth then, as you seem to know so much about it!
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 3:48:07 PM
Keep asking questions, but don't ask me... ask yourself. Answer yourself. If you are honest, persistent, and have a strong desire for Truth and real faith, your questions will guide you to the ultimate answer.

The cosmic joke will be made clear.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 4:23:06 PM
At 12/27/2011 3:48:07 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Keep asking questions, but don't ask me... ask yourself. Answer yourself. If you are honest, persistent, and have a strong desire for Truth and real faith, your questions will guide you to the ultimate answer.

The cosmic joke will be made clear.

And the Bible says to question everything, quite right then aren't you. Well the Bible is, you've just comfirmed what already is.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 4:39:54 PM
There certainly are some truths written in the bible.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 4:51:59 PM
The truth is a Person: Jesus said " I Am the truth".. My advice in the battle against the world and the flesh is don't say/think 'I must not do this/that' but say/think 'BE holy.. BE obedient.. BE merciful etc etc'

BE strong brother;)
The Cross.. the Cross.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 6:08:59 PM
Yeah, truth is a person. That makes sense.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2011 10:06:44 AM
At 12/28/2011 6:08:59 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Yeah, truth is a person. That makes sense.

I know, the truth is a process, in a sense Jesus Christ or a person is a process, ever being, existing etc...