Total Posts:62|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Christian arrogance

CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 8:39:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why do Christians feel it is necessary to turn a man into an idol? Even if you falsely believe that 2,000 year old testimony written by 2nd, 3rd, or the unlikely 1st hand accounts prove that Jesus performed impossible feats, why do you believe in one man's magic over anothers?

What assumptions are you making with your beliefs? Do you really honestly believe in this stuff? If so, I once again ask.. why? Don't tell me the answer, ask that question to yourself, and give yourself the answer.

Are your beliefs dictated by desire or an honest thirst for truth?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 8:42:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 8:39:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Why do Christians feel it is necessary to turn a man into an idol? Even if you falsely believe that 2,000 year old testimony written by 2nd, 3rd, or the unlikely 1st hand accounts prove that Jesus performed impossible feats, why do you believe in one man's magic over anothers?

What assumptions are you making with your beliefs? Do you really honestly believe in this stuff? If so, I once again ask.. why? Don't tell me the answer, ask that question to yourself, and give yourself the answer.

Are your beliefs dictated by desire or an honest thirst for truth?

Are you scared of the truth? Why not test what I am saying? I am saying read The Book of Mormon then pray about it and you will receive a glorious answer.

Reused from earlier post:
Are you scared to test what I am saying? If you don't even want to read The Book of Mormon, how can you criticize my religion. Your criticisms would hold more validity if you actually read The Book of Mormon. Right now you arguing against something you know nothing about. What you say we are , ignorant, is actually what you are. Are you not ignorant about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? Are you scared you might find truth somewhere unexpected?

I don't mean that to be offensive! I know the word ignorant is a loaded word, however, I meant the true definition of it, with no offense.

Lol, all we say is read The Book of Mormon, close your eyes, and pray rather the Book is true. If The Book of Mormon is true, then everything else naturally falls into place.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 8:55:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 8:39:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Why do Christians feel it is necessary to turn a man into an idol? Even if you falsely believe that 2,000 year old testimony written by 2nd, 3rd, or the unlikely 1st hand accounts prove that Jesus performed impossible feats, why do you believe in one man's magic over anothers?

What assumptions are you making with your beliefs? Do you really honestly believe in this stuff? If so, I once again ask.. why? Don't tell me the answer, ask that question to yourself, and give yourself the answer.

Are your beliefs dictated by desire or an honest thirst for truth?

Christians do not worship a mere man, but God as a man. Get it right. And in that, what you said in relation to Christians made no sense.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 9:00:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I know enough about the theological assumptions it makes to be certain that it is highly unlikely to be true.

I am a biblical scholar, I know enough about the Christian religion to realize that not only is orthodox Christianity wrong, but Jesus was not fully enlightened. He wasn't percect.

I've studied enough religion in my life. I have a personal direct connection with Gox, I am aware of it, and I do not need a mediator. Especially one who is dead and can't speak for himself.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 9:03:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 8:39:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Why do Christians feel it is necessary to turn a man into an idol? Even if you falsely believe that 2,000 year old testimony written by 2nd, 3rd, or the unlikely 1st hand accounts prove that Jesus performed impossible feats, why do you believe in one man's magic over anothers?

What assumptions are you making with your beliefs? Do you really honestly believe in this stuff? If so, I once again ask.. why? Don't tell me the answer, ask that question to yourself, and give yourself the answer.

Are your beliefs dictated by desire or an honest thirst for truth?

Seems you have confused two issues, Jesus as an idol and what constitutes enough evidence to establish a miracle claim. You know why Jesus is an idol to some, cause he is God.

Just because some one wrote down such and such did a miracle clearly isn't enough evidence, I think you can get most Christians to agree to that. Establishing any miracle has occurred yet alone those attributed to Jesus is very difficult.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 9:10:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I believe firmly that worshipping Jesus as God is idolatry. Jesus said a lot of good things, and I think he was intelligent and well meaning.. however, to equate him with God the father, as he would have called it, is idolatry. He wasn't a bad translator given the cultural context.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 9:28:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 8:39:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Why do Christians feel it is necessary to turn a man into an idol? Even if you falsely believe that 2,000 year old testimony written by 2nd, 3rd, or the unlikely 1st hand accounts prove that Jesus performed impossible feats, why do you believe in one man's magic over anothers?

What assumptions are you making with your beliefs? Do you really honestly believe in this stuff? If so, I once again ask.. why? Don't tell me the answer, ask that question to yourself, and give yourself the answer.

Are your beliefs dictated by desire or an honest thirst for truth?

Why do atheists believe in information provided by some scientist?
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 9:31:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 9:28:22 PM, wierdman wrote:
At 12/26/2011 8:39:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Why do Christians feel it is necessary to turn a man into an idol? Even if you falsely believe that 2,000 year old testimony written by 2nd, 3rd, or the unlikely 1st hand accounts prove that Jesus performed impossible feats, why do you believe in one man's magic over anothers?

What assumptions are you making with your beliefs? Do you really honestly believe in this stuff? If so, I once again ask.. why? Don't tell me the answer, ask that question to yourself, and give yourself the answer.

Are your beliefs dictated by desire or an honest thirst for truth?

Why do atheists believe in information provided by some scientist?

It has been garnered via a reliable method vs. faith. Basically myth vs. Mythbusters. [backlash]
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2011 9:37:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Weirdman, there is a difference between science and scientists. If science were unknown, if scientists were nonexistent, there would still be atheists.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
MyVoiceInYourHead
Posts: 260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 10:54:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 8:39:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Why do Christians feel it is necessary to turn a man into an idol? Even if you falsely believe that 2,000 year old testimony written by 2nd, 3rd, or the unlikely 1st hand accounts prove that Jesus performed impossible feats, why do you believe in one man's magic over anothers?

What assumptions are you making with your beliefs? Do you really honestly believe in this stuff? If so, I once again ask.. why? Don't tell me the answer, ask that question to yourself, and give yourself the answer.

Are your beliefs dictated by desire or an honest thirst for truth?

I agree wholeheartedly with your post, Cosmic.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 11:56:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/28/2011 10:54:09 AM, MyVoiceInYourHead wrote:
At 12/26/2011 8:39:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Why do Christians feel it is necessary to turn a man into an idol? Even if you falsely believe that 2,000 year old testimony written by 2nd, 3rd, or the unlikely 1st hand accounts prove that Jesus performed impossible feats, why do you believe in one man's magic over anothers?

What assumptions are you making with your beliefs? Do you really honestly believe in this stuff? If so, I once again ask.. why? Don't tell me the answer, ask that question to yourself, and give yourself the answer.

Are your beliefs dictated by desire or an honest thirst for truth?

I agree wholeheartedly with your post, Cosmic.

I do not! In fact I think that is post is total arragance, in that Cosmic is proving to everyone that he really knows nothing about Christian theology -he is therefore ignorant too. For one he says that worshiping Jesus Christ as God is idolitary, yet that makes no sense. Since God is Jesus Christ, God is the Word, God is the Holy Spirit, and God is the Father all in one, and it has been that way forever. God is not a single entity so much, rather 3 entities in one form. And that truth is radient through out the universe. You have the 3 types of elements, lquid, solid, gas. You have matter, time and space. You have 3 main types of galaxy morphological classifications: Ellipticals. Spirals. Lenticulars. The Earth is the 3rd planet from the sun. Atoms consist of 3 constituents: protons, neutrons, and electrons. And we perceive our universe to have three spatial dimensions. And the list goes on and on and on... The human skin has 3 layers: epidermis, dermis, hypodermis...
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 6:11:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You are calling a man God. As in one true God kind of Gox. This is idolatry, mate.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 6:17:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Are you scared of the truth? Why not test what I am saying? I am saying read The Book of Mormon then pray about it and you will receive a glorious answer.:

Read Scientology's book, "Dianetics," pray about it, and you will receive a glorious answer. What's the matter, you scared of the truth?

If this makes no sense to you, why should your book of spook magic apply to the rest of us? If you like being used by the church to fund its golfing trips, holy underwear, and its golden spires, have your fill. As for the rest of us, we're not interested in joining the cult.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 6:20:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/28/2011 11:56:30 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 12/28/2011 10:54:09 AM, MyVoiceInYourHead wrote:
At 12/26/2011 8:39:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Why do Christians feel it is necessary to turn a man into an idol? Even if you falsely believe that 2,000 year old testimony written by 2nd, 3rd, or the unlikely 1st hand accounts prove that Jesus performed impossible feats, why do you believe in one man's magic over anothers?

What assumptions are you making with your beliefs? Do you really honestly believe in this stuff? If so, I once again ask.. why? Don't tell me the answer, ask that question to yourself, and give yourself the answer.

Are your beliefs dictated by desire or an honest thirst for truth?

I agree wholeheartedly with your post, Cosmic.

I do not! In fact I think that is post is total arragance, in that Cosmic is proving to everyone that he really knows nothing about Christian theology -he is therefore ignorant too. For one he says that worshiping Jesus Christ as God is idolitary, yet that makes no sense. Since God is Jesus Christ, God is the Word, God is the Holy Spirit, and God is the Father all in one, and it has been that way forever. God is not a single entity so much, rather 3 entities in one form. And that truth is radient through out the universe. You have the 3 types of elements, lquid, solid, gas. You have matter, time and space. You have 3 main types of galaxy morphological classifications: Ellipticals. Spirals. Lenticulars. The Earth is the 3rd planet from the sun. Atoms consist of 3 constituents: protons, neutrons, and electrons. And we perceive our universe to have three spatial dimensions. And the list goes on and on and on... The human skin has 3 layers: epidermis, dermis, hypodermis...

Three flavors in Neapolitan. Three colors in the US flag. The sides in a triangle... Three branches of our government. Three strings strummed in a power chord. Three nations in the Axis powers. Three members in Green Day. Three starter Pokemon. Three Billy Goats. Three Little Pigs. Three ships on Christopher Columbus' voyage. Three movies in the Original Star Wars. Three Stooges. Three books in the Lord of the Rings. Three musketeers. Three R's. Three trimesters in a pregnancy. Three primary colors. Three holes in a bowling ball. Three Quidditch goals. Three Deathly Hallows. Three ring binders. Rock, paper, scissors. The Chipmunks...

When looking at all the above, we obviously can conclude one thing: God.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2011 6:20:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why do atheists believe in information provided by some scientist?:

Because it's backed by evidence. I rest my case.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
MyVoiceInYourHead
Posts: 260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2011 5:47:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/28/2011 6:20:34 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 12/28/2011 11:56:30 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 12/28/2011 10:54:09 AM, MyVoiceInYourHead wrote:
At 12/26/2011 8:39:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Why do Christians feel it is necessary to turn a man into an idol? Even if you falsely believe that 2,000 year old testimony written by 2nd, 3rd, or the unlikely 1st hand accounts prove that Jesus performed impossible feats, why do you believe in one man's magic over anothers?

What assumptions are you making with your beliefs? Do you really honestly believe in this stuff? If so, I once again ask.. why? Don't tell me the answer, ask that question to yourself, and give yourself the answer.

Are your beliefs dictated by desire or an honest thirst for truth?

I agree wholeheartedly with your post, Cosmic.

I do not! In fact I think that is post is total arragance, in that Cosmic is proving to everyone that he really knows nothing about Christian theology -he is therefore ignorant too. For one he says that worshiping Jesus Christ as God is idolitary, yet that makes no sense. Since God is Jesus Christ, God is the Word, God is the Holy Spirit, and God is the Father all in one, and it has been that way forever. God is not a single entity so much, rather 3 entities in one form. And that truth is radient through out the universe. You have the 3 types of elements, lquid, solid, gas. You have matter, time and space. You have 3 main types of galaxy morphological classifications: Ellipticals. Spirals. Lenticulars. The Earth is the 3rd planet from the sun. Atoms consist of 3 constituents: protons, neutrons, and electrons. And we perceive our universe to have three spatial dimensions. And the list goes on and on and on... The human skin has 3 layers: epidermis, dermis, hypodermis...

Three flavors in Neapolitan. Three colors in the US flag. The sides in a triangle... Three branches of our government. Three strings strummed in a power chord. Three nations in the Axis powers. Three members in Green Day. Three starter Pokemon. Three Billy Goats. Three Little Pigs. Three ships on Christopher Columbus' voyage. Three movies in the Original Star Wars. Three Stooges. Three books in the Lord of the Rings. Three musketeers. Three R's. Three trimesters in a pregnancy. Three primary colors. Three holes in a bowling ball. Three Quidditch goals. Three Deathly Hallows. Three ring binders. Rock, paper, scissors. The Chipmunks...

When looking at all the above, we obviously can conclude one thing: God.

Torres. This is hilarious!

You missed off the triple point of water - gas, liquid and solid existing in equilibium.

Undeniable proof that the Bible is true and accurate!

"Bring out the Holy Hand Grenade!... 3 shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be 3. Four must thou not count, nor must thou count two, unless thy then proceed to 3. Five is right out!"
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2011 9:32:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/28/2011 6:11:39 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
You are calling a man God. As in one true God kind of God. This is idolatry, mate.

Why do you decide what idolatry is or isn't? You don't decide right? God does, and God came down as His Son. God is Jesus Christ, not just any man. You put it as if is some everyday thing, just a man. What the Son of God in for of a man. An idea that He, God created. We do not own that idea of man, it is God's idea and therefore He can alter that idea as much as He wants. If God wants to come down in the form of a man, He can do that and still be God. You are just limiting God, and calling otherwise idolatry.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2011 9:36:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/28/2011 6:20:34 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 12/28/2011 11:56:30 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 12/28/2011 10:54:09 AM, MyVoiceInYourHead wrote:
At 12/26/2011 8:39:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Why do Christians feel it is necessary to turn a man into an idol? Even if you falsely believe that 2,000 year old testimony written by 2nd, 3rd, or the unlikely 1st hand accounts prove that Jesus performed impossible feats, why do you believe in one man's magic over anothers?

What assumptions are you making with your beliefs? Do you really honestly believe in this stuff? If so, I once again ask.. why? Don't tell me the answer, ask that question to yourself, and give yourself the answer.

Are your beliefs dictated by desire or an honest thirst for truth?

I agree wholeheartedly with your post, Cosmic.

I do not! In fact I think that is post is total arragance, in that Cosmic is proving to everyone that he really knows nothing about Christian theology -he is therefore ignorant too. For one he says that worshiping Jesus Christ as God is idolitary, yet that makes no sense. Since God is Jesus Christ, God is the Word, God is the Holy Spirit, and God is the Father all in one, and it has been that way forever. God is not a single entity so much, rather 3 entities in one form. And that truth is radient through out the universe. You have the 3 types of elements, lquid, solid, gas. You have matter, time and space. You have 3 main types of galaxy morphological classifications: Ellipticals. Spirals. Lenticulars. The Earth is the 3rd planet from the sun. Atoms consist of 3 constituents: protons, neutrons, and electrons. And we perceive our universe to have three spatial dimensions. And the list goes on and on and on... The human skin has 3 layers: epidermis, dermis, hypodermis...

Three flavors in Neapolitan. Three colors in the US flag. The sides in a triangle... Three branches of our government. Three strings strummed in a power chord. Three nations in the Axis powers. Three members in Green Day. Three starter Pokemon. Three Billy Goats. Three Little Pigs. Three ships on Christopher Columbus' voyage. Three movies in the Original Star Wars. Three Stooges. Three books in the Lord of the Rings. Three musketeers. Three R's. Three trimesters in a pregnancy. Three primary colors. Three holes in a bowling ball. Three Quidditch goals. Three Deathly Hallows. Three ring binders. Rock, paper, scissors. The Chipmunks...

When looking at all the above, we obviously can conclude one thing: God.

Yeah I see what you have done, but the thing is, I only named nature phenomanon, where as you have named all kinds of crap that comes in 3's exacpt the 3 prime colours, thanks for that. But however, even though you just named things that come in 3's, there still is reason why they come in 3's, and there is truth behind them all on why that is.
MyVoiceInYourHead
Posts: 260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2011 11:20:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/29/2011 5:47:25 AM, MyVoiceInYourHead wrote:
At 12/28/2011 6:20:34 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 12/28/2011 11:56:30 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 12/28/2011 10:54:09 AM, MyVoiceInYourHead wrote:
At 12/26/2011 8:39:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Why do Christians feel it is necessary to turn a man into an idol? Even if you falsely believe that 2,000 year old testimony written by 2nd, 3rd, or the unlikely 1st hand accounts prove that Jesus performed impossible feats, why do you believe in one man's magic over anothers?

What assumptions are you making with your beliefs? Do you really honestly believe in this stuff? If so, I once again ask.. why? Don't tell me the answer, ask that question to yourself, and give yourself the answer.

Are your beliefs dictated by desire or an honest thirst for truth?

I agree wholeheartedly with your post, Cosmic.

I do not! In fact I think that is post is total arragance, in that Cosmic is proving to everyone that he really knows nothing about Christian theology -he is therefore ignorant too. For one he says that worshiping Jesus Christ as God is idolitary, yet that makes no sense. Since God is Jesus Christ, God is the Word, God is the Holy Spirit, and God is the Father all in one, and it has been that way forever. God is not a single entity so much, rather 3 entities in one form. And that truth is radient through out the universe. You have the 3 types of elements, lquid, solid, gas. You have matter, time and space. You have 3 main types of galaxy morphological classifications: Ellipticals. Spirals. Lenticulars. The Earth is the 3rd planet from the sun. Atoms consist of 3 constituents: protons, neutrons, and electrons. And we perceive our universe to have three spatial dimensions. And the list goes on and on and on... The human skin has 3 layers: epidermis, dermis, hypodermis...

Three flavors in Neapolitan. Three colors in the US flag. The sides in a triangle... Three branches of our government. Three strings strummed in a power chord. Three nations in the Axis powers. Three members in Green Day. Three starter Pokemon. Three Billy Goats. Three Little Pigs. Three ships on Christopher Columbus' voyage. Three movies in the Original Star Wars. Three Stooges. Three books in the Lord of the Rings. Three musketeers. Three R's. Three trimesters in a pregnancy. Three primary colors. Three holes in a bowling ball. Three Quidditch goals. Three Deathly Hallows. Three ring binders. Rock, paper, scissors. The Chipmunks...

When looking at all the above, we obviously can conclude one thing: God.

Torres. This is hilarious!

You missed off the triple point of water - gas, liquid and solid existing in equilibium.

Undeniable proof that the Bible is true and accurate!

"Bring out the Holy Hand Grenade!... 3 shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be 3. Four must thou not count, nor must thou count two, unless thy then proceed to 3. Five is right out!"

Let's assign a mystical property to the number 2.
Let's see what natural phenomena occur in pairs. Here's a few:

* male and female
* left and right
* right and wrong
* black & white

* positive and negative charges
* wave-particle duality
* north and south magnetic poles

* chromosomes
* eyes
* ears
* arms
* legs
* lungs
* kidneys
* a pair of wings

* a pair of headlights
* a pair of windshield wipers

* sweet and sour

* brain hemispheres
* a pair of boobies
* a pair of testicles

Anyone want to try the number 4?
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2011 12:28:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 9:10:24 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I believe firmly that worshipping Jesus as God is idolatry. Jesus said a lot of good things, and I think he was intelligent and well meaning.. however, to equate him with God the father, as he would have called it, is idolatry. He wasn't a bad translator given the cultural context.

Christians believe in the Holy Trinity: God the Father, the Word and the Spirit. They together form the One True and Everliving God. Jesus was the Word and spoke the true word of God, straight from God, a prophet of sorts but he was different because he was the Son of God. It isn't idoltary because he is a part of God, dwells with God and is one with the Trinity.
MyVoiceInYourHead
Posts: 260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2011 3:16:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/29/2011 12:28:07 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 12/26/2011 9:10:24 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I believe firmly that worshipping Jesus as God is idolatry. Jesus said a lot of good things, and I think he was intelligent and well meaning.. however, to equate him with God the father, as he would have called it, is idolatry. He wasn't a bad translator given the cultural context.

Christians believe in the Holy Trinity: God the Father, the Word and the Spirit. They together form the One True and Everliving God. Jesus was the Word and spoke the true word of God, straight from God, a prophet of sorts but he was different because he was the Son of God. It isn't idoltary because he is a part of God, dwells with God and is one with the Trinity.

Jews would disagree with you. They are still waiting for their Messiah. Jesus would be an idol as far as they are concerned.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2011 4:46:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/29/2011 11:20:53 AM, MyVoiceInYourHead wrote:
At 12/29/2011 5:47:25 AM, MyVoiceInYourHead wrote:
At 12/28/2011 6:20:34 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 12/28/2011 11:56:30 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 12/28/2011 10:54:09 AM, MyVoiceInYourHead wrote:
At 12/26/2011 8:39:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Why do Christians feel it is necessary to turn a man into an idol? Even if you falsely believe that 2,000 year old testimony written by 2nd, 3rd, or the unlikely 1st hand accounts prove that Jesus performed impossible feats, why do you believe in one man's magic over anothers?

What assumptions are you making with your beliefs? Do you really honestly believe in this stuff? If so, I once again ask.. why? Don't tell me the answer, ask that question to yourself, and give yourself the answer.

Are your beliefs dictated by desire or an honest thirst for truth?

I agree wholeheartedly with your post, Cosmic.

I do not! In fact I think that is post is total arragance, in that Cosmic is proving to everyone that he really knows nothing about Christian theology -he is therefore ignorant too. For one he says that worshiping Jesus Christ as God is idolitary, yet that makes no sense. Since God is Jesus Christ, God is the Word, God is the Holy Spirit, and God is the Father all in one, and it has been that way forever. God is not a single entity so much, rather 3 entities in one form. And that truth is radient through out the universe. You have the 3 types of elements, lquid, solid, gas. You have matter, time and space. You have 3 main types of galaxy morphological classifications: Ellipticals. Spirals. Lenticulars. The Earth is the 3rd planet from the sun. Atoms consist of 3 constituents: protons, neutrons, and electrons. And we perceive our universe to have three spatial dimensions. And the list goes on and on and on... The human skin has 3 layers: epidermis, dermis, hypodermis...

Three flavors in Neapolitan. Three colors in the US flag. The sides in a triangle... Three branches of our government. Three strings strummed in a power chord. Three nations in the Axis powers. Three members in Green Day. Three starter Pokemon. Three Billy Goats. Three Little Pigs. Three ships on Christopher Columbus' voyage. Three movies in the Original Star Wars. Three Stooges. Three books in the Lord of the Rings. Three musketeers. Three R's. Three trimesters in a pregnancy. Three primary colors. Three holes in a bowling ball. Three Quidditch goals. Three Deathly Hallows. Three ring binders. Rock, paper, scissors. The Chipmunks...

When looking at all the above, we obviously can conclude one thing: God.

Torres. This is hilarious!

You missed off the triple point of water - gas, liquid and solid existing in equilibium.

Undeniable proof that the Bible is true and accurate!

"Bring out the Holy Hand Grenade!... 3 shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be 3. Four must thou not count, nor must thou count two, unless thy then proceed to 3. Five is right out!"


Let's assign a mystical property to the number 2.
Let's see what natural phenomena occur in pairs. Here's a few:

* male and female
* left and right
* right and wrong
* black & white

* positive and negative charges
* wave-particle duality
* north and south magnetic poles

* chromosomes
* eyes
* ears
* arms
* legs
* lungs
* kidneys
* a pair of wings

* a pair of headlights
* a pair of windshield wipers

* sweet and sour

* brain hemispheres
* a pair of boobies
* a pair of testicles

Anyone want to try the number 4?

The Bible actually refers to the number 2 as the number of partnership, agreement and witness.

"There are two testaments, the Old and the New. There are two poles, North and South. The disciples were told to go out two by two. In the Scriptures there are two places for souls. For the saved, it is heaven and for the lost it is hell. Jesus went to hell in the place of the believer and the soul of Jesus was a burnt offering there. There are two witnesses of God: Moses and Elijah and they are called the two olive trees, one upon the right side of the candlestick and one upon the left side (Zechariah 4:11). They stand by the God of the whole earth. God has two Kingdoms: the Kingdom of God (John 3) which is spiritual and the Kingdom of Heaven (Amos 9:11, Matthew 3:1) which is literal. There are two natures in the believers. In Romans 7, Paul deals with the number two because he is dealing with man's two natures: the old Adamic nature and the new nature from God which cannot sin. (I John 3:9).
2 means witness.There were two witness's in the book of Revaltion. Someone who see's and hear's first hand and can testify to the facts."
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2011 5:01:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/26/2011 8:39:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Why do Christians feel it is necessary to turn a man into an idol? Even if you falsely believe that 2,000 year old testimony written by 2nd, 3rd, or the unlikely 1st hand accounts prove that Jesus performed impossible feats, why do you believe in one man's magic over anothers?

What assumptions are you making with your beliefs? Do you really honestly believe in this stuff? If so, I once again ask.. why? Don't tell me the answer, ask that question to yourself, and give yourself the answer.

Are your beliefs dictated by desire or an honest thirst for truth?

Wellllll, see, Christianity is somewhat nebulous that way.

Let me put it this way. If you've studied Christianity, then the least of what you know are the verses that most theologians consider the fundamental premise to what Christianity is all about. John 3:16-18:

"16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

What that essentially says, clear as day, is to believe that God will save you through Jesus's sacrifice, and you will have eternal life. It is what it is. God wants our attention and we're just ignoring him, finding ourselves far more interesting.

It says nothing of worship. Rituals and reenactments are essentially tradition. A way to express your affinity, I suppose. I personally don't engage it, and there's nothing in the Book that determines that there's anything wrong with that.
MyVoiceInYourHead
Posts: 260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 12:30:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/29/2011 4:46:18 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 12/29/2011 11:20:53 AM, MyVoiceInYourHead wrote:
At 12/29/2011 5:47:25 AM, MyVoiceInYourHead wrote:
At 12/28/2011 6:20:34 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 12/28/2011 11:56:30 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 12/28/2011 10:54:09 AM, MyVoiceInYourHead wrote:
At 12/26/2011 8:39:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Why do Christians feel it is necessary to turn a man into an idol? Even if you falsely believe that 2,000 year old testimony written by 2nd, 3rd, or the unlikely 1st hand accounts prove that Jesus performed impossible feats, why do you believe in one man's magic over anothers?

What assumptions are you making with your beliefs? Do you really honestly believe in this stuff? If so, I once again ask.. why? Don't tell me the answer, ask that question to yourself, and give yourself the answer.

Are your beliefs dictated by desire or an honest thirst for truth?

I agree wholeheartedly with your post, Cosmic.

I do not! In fact I think that is post is total arragance, in that Cosmic is proving to everyone that he really knows nothing about Christian theology -he is therefore ignorant too. For one he says that worshiping Jesus Christ as God is idolitary, yet that makes no sense. Since God is Jesus Christ, God is the Word, God is the Holy Spirit, and God is the Father all in one, and it has been that way forever. God is not a single entity so much, rather 3 entities in one form. And that truth is radient through out the universe. You have the 3 types of elements, lquid, solid, gas. You have matter, time and space. You have 3 main types of galaxy morphological classifications: Ellipticals. Spirals. Lenticulars. The Earth is the 3rd planet from the sun. Atoms consist of 3 constituents: protons, neutrons, and electrons. And we perceive our universe to have three spatial dimensions. And the list goes on and on and on... The human skin has 3 layers: epidermis, dermis, hypodermis...

Three flavors in Neapolitan. Three colors in the US flag. The sides in a triangle... Three branches of our government. Three strings strummed in a power chord. Three nations in the Axis powers. Three members in Green Day. Three starter Pokemon. Three Billy Goats. Three Little Pigs. Three ships on Christopher Columbus' voyage. Three movies in the Original Star Wars. Three Stooges. Three books in the Lord of the Rings. Three musketeers. Three R's. Three trimesters in a pregnancy. Three primary colors. Three holes in a bowling ball. Three Quidditch goals. Three Deathly Hallows. Three ring binders. Rock, paper, scissors. The Chipmunks...

When looking at all the above, we obviously can conclude one thing: God.

Torres. This is hilarious!

You missed off the triple point of water - gas, liquid and solid existing in equilibium.

Undeniable proof that the Bible is true and accurate!

"Bring out the Holy Hand Grenade!... 3 shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be 3. Four must thou not count, nor must thou count two, unless thy then proceed to 3. Five is right out!"


Let's assign a mystical property to the number 2.
Let's see what natural phenomena occur in pairs. Here's a few:

* male and female
* left and right
* right and wrong
* black & white

* positive and negative charges
* wave-particle duality
* north and south magnetic poles

* chromosomes
* eyes
* ears
* arms
* legs
* lungs
* kidneys
* a pair of wings

* a pair of headlights
* a pair of windshield wipers

* sweet and sour

* brain hemispheres
* a pair of boobies
* a pair of testicles

Anyone want to try the number 4?

The Bible actually refers to the number 2 as the number of partnership, agreement and witness.

"There are two testaments, the Old and the New. There are two poles, North and South. The disciples were told to go out two by two. In the Scriptures there are two places for souls. For the saved, it is heaven and for the lost it is hell. Jesus went to hell in the place of the believer and the soul of Jesus was a burnt offering there. There are two witnesses of God: Moses and Elijah and they are called the two olive trees, one upon the right side of the candlestick and one upon the left side (Zechariah 4:11). They stand by the God of the whole earth. God has two Kingdoms: the Kingdom of God (John 3) which is spiritual and the Kingdom of Heaven (Amos 9:11, Matthew 3:1) which is literal. There are two natures in the believers. In Romans 7, Paul deals with the number two because he is dealing with man's two natures: the old Adamic nature and the new nature from God which cannot sin. (I John 3:9).
2 means witness.There were two witness's in the book of Revaltion. Someone who see's and hear's first hand and can testify to the facts."

Does anyone want to tell us about the mystical significance of the number 4?

Let's not forget the magical number 153 written in John's Gospel, the number of fish the disciples caught after Jesus' resurrection.

This must be from God because 153 = 1 cubed + 5 cubed + 3 cubed!

To the power of 3 no less! Godsands must be right afterall.

Either that or the Greek writers liked messing about with numbers.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 12:58:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/29/2011 5:01:34 PM, Ren wrote:
At 12/26/2011 8:39:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Why do Christians feel it is necessary to turn a man into an idol? Even if you falsely believe that 2,000 year old testimony written by 2nd, 3rd, or the unlikely 1st hand accounts prove that Jesus performed impossible feats, why do you believe in one man's magic over anothers?

What assumptions are you making with your beliefs? Do you really honestly believe in this stuff? If so, I once again ask.. why? Don't tell me the answer, ask that question to yourself, and give yourself the answer.

Are your beliefs dictated by desire or an honest thirst for truth?

Wellllll, see, Christianity is somewhat nebulous that way.

Let me put it this way. If you've studied Christianity, then the least of what you know are the verses that most theologians consider the fundamental premise to what Christianity is all about. John 3:16-18:

"16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

What that essentially says, clear as day, is to believe that God will save you through Jesus's sacrifice, and you will have eternal life. It is what it is. God wants our attention and we're just ignoring him, finding ourselves far more interesting.

It says nothing of worship. Rituals and reenactments are essentially tradition. A way to express your affinity, I suppose. I personally don't engage it, and there's nothing in the Book that determines that there's anything wrong with that.

THIS!!!!

Worship is a choice, praying is a choice. Also, Jesus IS God, that should be clear enough for a "theological-Christian Scholar" as yourself. If you really have studied the Bible at all, you should know that, which leads me to doubt that you have, or that you just pick and choose what you want. You sir, are the arrogant one here.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 6:33:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Elevating any man to the level of God is idolatry. Elevating any text to the level of infallibility, inerrancy, etc. Is idolatry.

Christians, Muslims, and indeed, most if not every religion commits idolatry, it is ingrained into the beliefs. The Muslims mock Christian idolatry, because they are aware of it. They are not aware of how they idolize the Koran.

Seriously man, it's the truth, and no amount of apologetic monkey brained bs is going to make this assertion less true.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 6:36:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 6:33:40 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Elevating any man to the level of God is idolatry. Elevating any text to the level of infallibility, inerrancy, etc. Is idolatry.

Christians, Muslims, and indeed, most if not every religion commits idolatry, it is ingrained into the beliefs. The Muslims mock Christian idolatry, because they are aware of it. They are not aware of how they idolize the Koran.

Seriously man, it's the truth, and no amount of apologetic monkey brained bs is going to make this assertion less true.

It is true to you...... To a Muslim it is not idolatry, because the Koran is their holy book. To a Christian believing in Jesus is not idolatry, because Jesus is our God.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 6:38:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 6:33:40 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Elevating any man to the level of God is idolatry. Elevating any text to the level of infallibility, inerrancy, etc. Is idolatry.

Christians, Muslims, and indeed, most if not every religion commits idolatry, it is ingrained into the beliefs. The Muslims mock Christian idolatry, because they are aware of it. They are not aware of how they idolize the Koran.

Seriously man, it's the truth, and no amount of apologetic monkey brained bs is going to make this assertion less true.

So to follow a book from the god of your religion is idolatry?

Jesus says he is GOD that he, God, and the Holy Spirit are the three-in-one. I don't see how any amount of "studying" the Bible, or reading texts, is going to disprove that Jesus says it, and it is true.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 8:55:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 6:38:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:

So to follow a book from the god of your religion is idolatry?


Do you elevate that book to a higher level of authority while at the same time subjecting it to less scrutiny than any other text? Yes, just as those who worship statues are considered idolators by Jews and Christians,one who worships a book(though they deny it) are commiting idolatry.

Jesus says he is GOD that he, God, and the Holy Spirit are the three-in-one. I don't see how any amount of "studying" the Bible, or reading texts, is going to disprove that Jesus says it, and it is true.

So you believe what the bible says, despite the fact that many of the things it asserts are both highly implausible, improbable, and ridiculous sounding to any outside observer? Do you honestly think that a man, no matter how amazing is great enough to be considered the highest God, or even close to that level?

Arrogance I say.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp