Jump to topic:

New Debate

fever1996
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 12:10:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
This debate will be over wether it is advisable to believe in a god. I have already taken the pro side of the argument, so con is up for grabs. For those who want to debate, it is an open argument. all others can comment and vote afterwards.
Dan4reason
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 12:49:27 AM
At 12/27/2011 12:10:34 AM, fever1996 wrote:
This debate will be over wether it is advisable to believe in a god. I have already taken the pro side of the argument, so con is up for grabs. For those who want to debate, it is an open argument. all others can comment and vote afterwards.

I will take con.

I do have a few questions. Why is this debate in the forum section and not in the debate section? How many rounds are there? How exactly will people vote if this debate is only a thread?

When you say that it is advisable to believe in God, do you mean advisable as in being a correct belief or that you will be happier believing in God than otherwise?

Also I want to know your definition of God. Is this God simply a designer? Is this a personal God? Is this the Christian God?

I also want to know the position I will be arguing. Is the burden of proof on you to show that a belief in God is advisable? Do I have a burden of proof to show that a belief in God is not advisable, along with your burden of proof?
Dan4reason
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 12:53:31 AM
Sorry. I found your debate in the debate section which answered most of my questions.

However, I still want to know what it means when you say advisable.

I will accept your challenge if the advisability of the belief is linked directly with its likelihood of truth.