Jump to topic:

Maybe the One True Religion Hasn't Been Found

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 4:17:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It could be the case that all present religions are false and the one true religion hasnt been discovered yet. Maybe there are tablets with the answers to the Universe that are buried somewhere and the author and founder was dismissed, ignored and forgotten.

Could this in fact be the case?

It was just a thought I had but I think this is almost the case with Buddhist scripture. There are millions of Buddhists, but very few (from my experience) who know much about or actually own Buddhist scripture. Theres not many Buddhists who are like Bible pushers nor are the contents of Buddhist scripture well known where as the contents of the Bible are well known by people around the world. The average Buddhist that I come across generally isnt knowledgable of the actual doctrines.

Its like the truths of Buddhism are hidden in plain sight. Everyones heard about Biddhism but knows little about the contents of its books or even its founder Siddhartha Gautama.

Even the real Buddha himself is not known by the general population of the world, most think hes that big jolly guy who everyone has a statue of, not knowing that the Buddha was a physically fit health nut.

In the Buddhist Tipitaka (equivalent to the Old Testament), there is a third basket (volume) called the Abhidhamma. How many of you have even heard of the Abhidhamma? This is a very elusive and complex text basically concerning the nature of reality in great detail as well as philosophy, metaphysics, psychology, and phenomenology.

You can try and find this text on the internet or book store, but chances are you won't find it. If you do, let me know cause Id like to read it. So far Ive only found excerpts.

Do agree that its true that the actual doctrines of Buddhism arent well known?

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 10:00:28 AM
Anyone who understands my message will realize that it bears an uncanny resemblance to Buddhist thought.

A zen master would probably call Buddhism a load of sh1t. Religion is the hand that points. There will never be a perfect religion that unites all in correct belief. Religion is a hindrance. Knowledge itself is a hindrance. None of these things are real, and only when we see what is unreal do we begin to know what absurd little arrogant fvcks we are.

There you will find wisdom, and no one gives a sh1t about that.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 4:06:34 PM
At 12/27/2011 10:00:28 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Anyone who understands my message will realize that it bears an uncanny resemblance to Buddhist thought.

A zen master would probably call Buddhism a load of sh1t. Religion is the hand that points.

Yes, as the famous Buddha quote points out.

There will never be a perfect religion that unites all in correct belief.

Who claimed there will be? What makes you think a perfect religion would unite all? Like I said, there could be a true religion with no adherents at all.

Religion is a hindrance.

True. Thats why Alan Watts described Buddhism as the religion of no religion.

Knowledge itself is a hindrance.

Thats not a Buddhist sentiment. Enlightenment involves the removal of all hinderances.

None of these things are real, and only when we see what is unreal do we begin to know what absurd little arrogant fvcks we are.

I am well aware of Buddhisms doctrine of sunyata, maya, and anatman.

There you will find wisdom, and no one gives a sh1t about that.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2011 5:01:01 PM
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not truth. Truth is not wisdom. Wisdom is not love. Love is not beauty.

Beauty is getting your hair done while waiting for your nails to dry. Beauty is a pencil scribbled around your eye. Beauty is a pair of shoes that make you wanna die. Beauty is a.....

LIE!
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp