Jump to topic:

Creationists Back Yo Sh!t Up!

rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 12:50:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I constantly see creationists attack atheists for their general belief in evolution. You say there are holes in evolution? Well lots of intelligent members of this site have rebutted your attacks with solid evidence and reasoning every time. I'm sick of us playing defense when you are the ones with an absolutely ridiculous claim. So creationists, it is time to give some good reasons why one should believe in creationism. This is not the time to attack evolution, it is the time to walk the walk and support your own beliefs instead of attacking ours. If I see any idiot say "I'M NOT A MONKEY" I will find you and smack you upside the head with a copy of "Origin of the Species" in the hopes that in your confusion your read it and educate yourself about the theory you are so against.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 12:54:28 AM
At 1/5/2012 12:50:31 AM, rogue wrote:
I constantly see creationists attack atheists for their general belief in evolution. You say there are holes in evolution? Well lots of intelligent members of this site have rebutted your attacks with solid evidence and reasoning every time. I'm sick of us playing defense when you are the ones with an absolutely ridiculous claim. So creationists, it is time to give some good reasons why one should believe in creationism. This is not the time to attack evolution, it is the time to walk the walk and support your own beliefs instead of attacking ours. If I see any idiot say "I'M NOT A MONKEY" I will find you and smack you upside the head with a copy of "Origin of the Species" in the hopes that in your confusion your read it and educate yourself about the theory you are so against.

Not a monkey: I agree
Primative anger: Affirmed
nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 12:54:37 AM

ummmm angry much? :P
Jk

seriously whats creationists?
This really might sound retarded, but I only grew up knowing one religion, but I guess I started to read about other...
But I don't know what that is.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 12:56:02 AM
At 1/5/2012 12:54:28 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:

This was a semi-joking post.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 12:56:26 AM
At 1/5/2012 12:54:37 AM, nerdykiller wrote:

ummmm angry much? :P
Jk

seriously whats creationists?
This really might sound retarded, but I only grew up knowing one religion, but I guess I started to read about other...
But I don't know what that is.

Nor do we...
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 12:59:25 AM
At 1/5/2012 12:56:02 AM, rogue wrote:

Semi=angry

Don't worry. It angers me to know that grown people brainwash our youth to believe this dumb s*it. These people are psychological criminals to me, and should be sterilized and banned from any contact with children.
nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 1:02:25 AM
At 1/5/2012 12:59:25 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:

Semi=angry

I agree.

Don't worry. It angers me to know that grown people brainwash our youth to believe this dumb s*it. These people are psychological criminals to me, and should be sterilized and banned from any contact with children.

I am fourteen and I am not brainwashed. I think...
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 1:10:45 AM
At 1/5/2012 1:02:25 AM, nerdykiller wrote:

Semi=angry

I agree.

Depends on whether you have accepted what has been thrown in your face, or if you have actually studied all of the available information and based your belief on actual studies and human knowledge.
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 1:19:48 AM
At 1/5/2012 1:10:45 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:

Semi=angry

I agree.

Depends on whether you have accepted what has been thrown in your face, or if you have actually studied all of the available information and based your belief on actual studies and human knowledge.

The problem is that a lot of creationists then call that atheist indoctrination. I would think anger at that is justified.
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 1:38:05 AM
At 1/5/2012 1:19:48 AM, Physik wrote:

Semi=angry

I agree.

The problem is that a lot of creationists then call that atheist indoctrination. I would think anger at that is justified.

I'm saying study all religions. Then study modern science. Choose the one one that makes the most sense.
WARNING: If you choose a religion, you've been brainwashed, because none of them make any actual sense. Science makes perfect sense, and is advancing everyday using actual, physical evidence... You know, something detectives call proof. Moreover, all those dumbasses out there saying evolution is just a "theory", have no idea what a scientific theory really is. If they did, they might question how electricity powers their homes. It's called A/C theory dic*heads, and it has been proved over and over again, every time you light your stupid meetings. Peace.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 2:04:11 AM
I think it's pretty annoying that the worst and most farcical representatives of an ideology will be targeted, and often the only ones considered, when that ideology is criticized by those with a differing perspective.
HillbillyHumanist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 5:15:54 AM
If it is going to be taught in schools then it should be taught as mythology not science because its far from that. The creation account in the bible is just a re-hash of other creation myths that have been going on since the dawn of time. They purport this as something different when its not. According to Bible chronology Moses supposedly lived sometime in the 13th or 14th Century. The OT was not put on paper until sometime between the 7th and 9th Century so there is no way Moses wrote any of it. Again we see the unknown author status pop up.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 8:33:51 AM
The Bible does not even have one cohesive account of creation; the Book of Genesis includes two successive, distinct accounts of creation. One places Man before nature and the other places Man after nature.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 8:35:37 AM
At 1/5/2012 8:33:51 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
The Bible does not even have one cohesive account of creation; the Book of Genesis includes two successive, distinct accounts of creation. One places Man before nature and the other places Man after nature.

What Bible are you reading?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 8:43:19 AM
At 1/5/2012 8:35:37 AM, OberHerr wrote:

KJV. Read the first two or three pages; you will see two separate accounts. We even discussed the fact that there are two separate accounts in my Philosophy class a few months ago.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 8:52:28 AM
At 1/5/2012 8:43:19 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

KJV. Read the first two or three pages; you will see two separate accounts. We even discussed the fact that there are two separate accounts in my Philosophy class a few months ago.

Could you quote the verses? I'm not seeing it.

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 8:55:13 AM
At 1/5/2012 8:52:28 AM, OberHerr wrote:

I am on break right now and my copy is in my dorm room, so I will have to look online. Hold on for a moment.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 8:56:31 AM
At 1/5/2012 8:52:28 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Genesis 1 is one version of creation, and Genesis 2 is another version of creation.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 8:57:39 AM
Genesis 1
{1:1} In the beginning God created the heaven and the
earth. {1:2} And the earth was without form, and void; and
darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of
God moved upon the face of the waters.
{1:3} And God said, Let there be light: and there was
light. {1:4} And God saw the light, that [it was] good: and
God divided the light from the darkness. {1:5} And God
called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And
the evening and the morning were the first day.
{1:6} And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst
of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
{1:7} And God made the firmament, and divided the waters
which [were] under the firmament from the waters which
[were] above the firmament: and it was so. {1:8} And God
called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the
morning were the second day.
{1:9} And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be
gathered together unto one place, and let the dry [land]
appear: and it was so. {1:10} And God called the dry [land]
Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he
Seas: and God saw that [it was] good. {1:11} And God said,
Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, [and]
the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed [is] in
itself, upon the earth: and it was so. {1:12} And the earth
brought forth grass, [and] herb yielding seed after his kind,
and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed [was] in itself, after
his kind: and God saw that [it was] good. {1:13} And the
evening and the morning were the third day.
{1:14} And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament
of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them
be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
{1:15} And let them be for lights in the firmament of the
heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. {1:16}
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the
day, and the lesser light to rule the night: [he made] the stars
also. {1:17} And God set them in the firmament of the
heaven to give light upon the earth, {1:18} And to rule over
the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the
darkness: and God saw that [it was] good. {1:19} And the
evening and the morning were the fourth day. {1:20} And
God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving
creature that hath life, and fowl [that] may fly above the
earth in the open firmament of heaven. {1:21} And God
created great whales, and every living creature that moveth,
which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind,
and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that [it
was] good. {1:22} And God blessed them, saying, Be
fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let
fowl multiply in the earth. {1:23} And the evening and the
morning were the fifth day.
{1:24} And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living
creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast
of the earth after his kind: and it was so. {1:25} And God
made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after
their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after
his kind: and God saw that [it was] good.
{1:26} And God said, Let us make man in our image,
after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish
of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle,

This shows that we have an account of creation with man forming after nature, meaning that he is part of nature.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 8:58:36 AM
Genesis 2

{2:1} Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and
all the host of them. {2:2} And on the seventh day God
ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the
seventh day from all his work which he had made. {2:3}
And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because
that in it he had rested from all his work which God created
and made.
{2:4} These [are] the generations of the heavens and of
the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD
God made the earth and the heavens, {2:5} And every plant
of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the
field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to
rain upon the earth, and [there was] not a man to till the
ground. {2:6} But there went up a mist from the earth, and
watered the whole face of the ground. {2:7} And the LORD
God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed
into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living
soul.
{2:8} And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in
Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. {2:9}
And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every
tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree
of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of
knowledge of good and evil. {2:10} And a river went out of
Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted,
and became into four heads. {2:11} The name of the first
[is] Pison: that [is] it which compasseth the whole land of
Havilah, where [there is] gold; {2:12} And the gold of that
land [is] good: there [is] bdellium and the onyx stone.
{2:13} And the name of the second river [is] Gihon: the
same [is] it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
{2:14} And the name of the third river [is] Hiddekel: that
[is] it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the
fourth river [is] Euphrates. {2:15} And the LORD God took
the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and
to keep it. {2:16} And the LORD God commanded the man,
saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
{2:17} But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,
thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof
thou shalt surely die.
{2:18} And the LORD God said, [It is] not good that the
man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
{2:19} And out of the ground the LORD God formed every
beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought
[them] unto Adam to see what he would call them: and
whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that [was]

Genesis 2 implies that man is above nature and that it was created for his use.
MyVoiceInYourHead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 1:54:34 PM

Do you mean to tell me that the Bible has contradictions in it?! Holy crap! Who'd have thought it?!
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:22:05 PM
At 1/5/2012 1:38:05 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:

Semi=angry

I agree.

I'm saying study all religions. Then study modern science. Choose the one one that makes the most sense.
WARNING: If you choose a religion, you've been brainwashed, because none of them make any actual sense. Science makes perfect sense, and is advancing everyday using actual, physical evidence... You know, something detectives call proof. Moreover, all those dumbasses out there saying evolution is just a "theory", have no idea what a scientific theory really is. If they did, they might question how electricity powers their homes. It's called A/C theory dic*heads, and it has been proved over and over again, every time you light your stupid meetings. Peace.

lolz. I feel exactly the same way.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:26:56 PM
At 1/5/2012 1:54:34 PM, MyVoiceInYourHead wrote:

Do you mean to tell me that the Bible has contradictions in it?! Holy crap! Who'd have thought it?!

Umm, what contradictions?

Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:48:08 PM
At 1/5/2012 10:26:56 PM, OberHerr wrote:

"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 10:53:53 PM
At 1/5/2012 10:22:05 PM, rogue wrote:

Semi=angry

I agree.

lolz. I feel exactly the same way.

I hope so, because we need people to start using their brains instead of being lazy, gullible, delusional, ignorant, self-righteous, hypocritical, pathetic excuses for so called humans. Bottom line: If you don't have any knowledge of alternative beliefs to your own, shut your f**king mouth and read a book. Try opening your mind, and stop being a willfully ignorant, lazy, pathetic waste of living tissue.
nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 11:18:27 PM

Semi=angry

I agree.

How am I brainwashed if I choose a religion?
Of course not every part makes sense.
Of course there is confusions.
But how am I brainwashed?
Cause I believe in a GOD?
So what if I believe in something that may or may not exist?
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 11:19:10 PM

Are you serious? I shall put several links up if you need them. Clearly you haven't read this book you claim to be so infallible.
nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 11:21:12 PM
At 1/5/2012 11:19:10 PM, rogue wrote:

Are you serious? I shall put several links up if you need them. Clearly you haven't read this book you claim to be so infallible.

I am pretty sure EVERY RELIGION had contradiction.
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 11:24:53 PM
At 1/5/2012 11:21:12 PM, nerdykiller wrote:

Christians claim that the bible is the infallible and absolute truth, yet it contains a ridiculous number of contradictions.

There's something wrong there.

nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2012 11:30:03 PM
At 1/5/2012 11:24:53 PM, Physik wrote:
At 1/5/2012 11:21:12 PM, nerdykiller wrote:

Christians claim that the bible is the infallible and absolute truth, yet it contains a ridiculous number of contradictions.

There's something wrong there.

Whats wrong here?
I thought the forum already stated how hypocritical believers are.
LIKE THE CHRISTIAN
I am a christian and I know that christian is hypocritical.
THERE is a numerous contradiction.
I admit that, but there are also some that are true.