Jump to topic:

Mitt Romney..

DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 5:38:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
MUST be the best candidate for the AntiChrist in ages right? If he's not the AntiChrist then he certainly is a antiChrist:

1 John 2:18
Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

1 John 2:22
Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

2 John 1:7
I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 6:31:48 AM
Go Mitt Romney!

Lol, anyway you are hilareous! Do you not know that I am the antichrist? After all, I deny that Jesus is Christ! lol.
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 8:58:49 AM
... every frickin' time someone runs for President... EVERY. FRICKIN. TIME.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 9:15:23 AM
Some evangelical should run for president so that these lunatics stop spewing bilge. Also, they would be easily thrashed, but that is totally not the reason that the evangelical conservative should run . . . .
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 9:18:16 AM
At 1/11/2012 5:38:55 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
MUST be the best candidate for the AntiChrist in ages right? If he's not the AntiChrist then he certainly is a antiChrist:

1 John 2:18
Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

1 John 2:22
Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

2 John 1:7
I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

DATCMOTO, I get that you mean well, I guess, but just because he isn't Christian, is no reason that he will be the Anti-Christ. First, not everyone likes him, so I doubt VERY much so doubt it will be him.

And honestly, don't predict it.

When it happens, I think it will be clear enough.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 9:18:56 AM
At 1/11/2012 6:31:48 AM, Mr.Infidel wrote:
Go Mitt Romney!

Lol, anyway you are hilareous! Do you not know that I am the antichrist? After all, I deny that Jesus is Christ! lol.

Hence my distinction between A Antichrist and THE Antichrist!
The Cross.. the Cross.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 9:24:32 PM
So all jews are antichrists? Also it is idiotic to say that mormons aren't christians. They do believe Jesus was the Christ.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 9:31:29 PM
At 1/11/2012 9:24:32 PM, rogue wrote:
So all jews are antichrists? Also it is idiotic to say that mormons aren't christians. They do believe Jesus was the Christ.

Yes, but a lot of their core beliefs differ greatly from the Bible, and every other denomination. Most other branches of Christianity just have different worship methods, or differ a little in beliefs. Mormons differ in so many core Christians beliefs, that they are know as Mormons, not Christians.

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 9:56:00 PM

Mormonism is Christianity's strange redneck cousin, they're related but... Well you know how it is.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 11:29:33 PM
Mitt Romney is Obama 2.0. Neither candidate has any real convictions. We need someone who cares about the country, as opposed to those who seek self realization.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 2:14:04 AM

Please see my 'for Mormons' topic..
The Cross.. the Cross.
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 12:52:48 PM
"I believe Jesus is savior of mankind & Son of God." (Dec 2007) -- Mitt Romney

http://www.issues2000.org...

People continue to astonish me; I am sure that will never change. How can you say he is not a man of faith or conviction? He has never backed down from being Mormon, not once. He has never backed down, even when it would have been easier, if he would have back peddled. It would have helped his chances of being president if he would have downplayed his membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Yet, he continues to stand firm in his beliefs, even with all the criticism. Does that sound like a man with no conviction?
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 1:06:48 PM
At 1/11/2012 9:31:29 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Yes, but a lot of their core beliefs differ greatly from the Bible, and every other denomination. Most other branches of Christianity just have different worship methods, or differ a little in beliefs. Mormons differ in so many core Christians beliefs, that they are know as Mormons, not Christians.

Would you consider the Gnostics, Christian (you know, if any were still alive)?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 1:17:47 PM

But they do not believe in the traditional meaning of salvation, Baptism, or The Holy Ghost. And they believe the Garden Of Eden was in the state of Missouri.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 1:18:03 PM
At 1/12/2012 1:06:48 PM, Meatros wrote:

The earliest Gnostics were not Christian, but Christianity merged with Gnosticism between the first and second century. The differences between the earliest gospels and the Gospel of Luke is evidence of this. http://en.wikipedia.org...
Wandile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 2:17:02 PM
The earliest Gnostics were not Christian, but Christianity merged with Gnosticism between the first and second century. The differences between the earliest gospels and the Gospel of Luke is evidence of this. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Dude what have you been smoking? are you really saying the Church merged with the group that they, the Church, called 'heretics'! Wow you need to do some serious church history brother. The church was firmly against gnosticism. The early church father wrote numerous documents in the 1st , 2nd and 3rd centuries including the book called "against heresies". The gnosticism and the gnostic gospels were firmly rejected by the early church.

http://www.churchhistory101.com...
"Possibly deluded.... no way to confirm the veracity. That is an extraordinary claim to suggest billions the world over and throughout history are deluded. Proof?
Also if you actually believe these Billions of historical Christians are deluded, what gives you a warrant to special plead you are not equally self deluded within your own views? Sounds like self contradictory belief system you are under." - Gileandos

The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice - Proverb
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 2:30:14 PM
At 1/12/2012 2:17:02 PM, Wandile wrote:

Dude what have you been smoking? are you really saying the Church merged with the group that they, the Church, called 'heretics'! Wow you need to do some serious church history brother. The church was firmly against gnosticism. The early church father wrote numerous documents in the 1st , 2nd and 3rd centuries including the book called "against heresies". The gnosticism and the gnostic gospels were firmly rejected by the early church.

LOL

I suggest you study the Bible in an academic context. The Gospel of Luke draws heavily from Gnostic themes. The concept of the devil is a Gnostic idea as well.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 3:04:31 PM
At 1/12/2012 1:06:48 PM, Meatros wrote:

Lemme look them up, and I'll get back to you. But, I'm guessing no, from what I have read.

Wandile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 3:17:28 PM
At 1/12/2012 2:30:14 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/12/2012 2:17:02 PM, Wandile wrote:

LOL

I suggest you study the Bible in an academic context. The Gospel of Luke draws heavily from Gnostic themes. The concept of the devil is a Gnostic idea as well.

Lol and I suggest you do the same. Has it not come to you yet that gnosticism (christian gnosticism) is younger than orthodox christianity? Hence it would be more logical to assume the gnostics drew ideas from the Gospel of Luke? Even if this was not the case, the gnostics drew a lot of their ideology from jewish theology. So there is no surprise then that there would be some similarities. And even if there are some purely gnostic ideas in the Gospel of Luke, how does this in anyway prove that the church and the gnostics merged?

You do realise that most religions share common themes right? African religion has a number of parallels to christianity and Buddhism...does this now mean that somebody drew their idea from somebody else?... Maybe there might even be the case that nobody was copying/drawing ideas from nobody. Has that idea ever occurred to you?
"Possibly deluded.... no way to confirm the veracity. That is an extraordinary claim to suggest billions the world over and throughout history are deluded. Proof?
Also if you actually believe these Billions of historical Christians are deluded, what gives you a warrant to special plead you are not equally self deluded within your own views? Sounds like self contradictory belief system you are under." - Gileandos

The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice - Proverb
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 6:42:01 PM

and methodists are called methodists and catholics are called catholics and presbyterians are called presbyterians and baptists are called baptists and congregationalists are called congregationalists and episcopalians are called episcopalians, the list goes on and on. Anyone who follows the word of Jesus is a christian. All of the different sects believe different things. True mormonism is quite different but they still follow Jesus.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 6:42:57 PM
At 1/11/2012 11:29:33 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Mitt Romney is Obama 2.0. Neither candidate has any real convictions. We need someone who cares about the country, as opposed to those who seek self realization.

You really think Obama doesn't care about the country? I think he does care he just can't do anything because of the damn GOP party of no.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 6:43:27 PM
At 1/12/2012 2:14:04 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Please see my 'for Mormons' topic..

I did. It was not convincing.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 6:44:27 PM
At 1/12/2012 1:17:47 PM, inferno wrote:

But they do not believe in the traditional meaning of salvation, Baptism, or The Holy Ghost. And they believe the Garden Of Eden was in the state of Missouri.

I agree their beliefs are idiotic. But even so, they believe Jesus was the savior, therefore they are christians.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 6:55:36 PM
Why do political candidates have to be based on their religious affiliation? Our Constitution has a freedom of religion and prohibits religious tests for government positions. If they aren't harming anybody, it is their business, not ours to meddle with.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 11:23:28 PM
At 1/12/2012 6:42:57 PM, rogue wrote:
At 1/11/2012 11:29:33 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:

You really think Obama doesn't care about the country? I think he does care he just can't do anything because of the damn GOP party of no.

The GOP and the libs are in bed together in this one. Obama has proved that all he is capable of is spending money. The one positive thing he has done is repeal DADT, and he has not even adequately backed that up. We need a complete overhaul. We have become a war mongering, welfare and police state. Our personal liberties are dwindling more and more, and our law makers are getting more corrupt and aloof than ever before. It's time for us all to take the red pill, and get a taste of reality.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 11:28:07 PM
At 1/12/2012 6:55:36 PM, Contra wrote:
Why do political candidates have to be based on their religious affiliation? Our Constitution has a freedom of religion and prohibits religious tests for government positions. If they aren't harming anybody, it is their business, not ours to meddle with.

It is about worldview and primacy of influence.

To know a candidates religious influence you will be better able to determine his decisions.
Same as if they hold a libertarian view you will know what influence such a view will have on their decision making.

It would be erroneous to believe that religion would not affect descisions.
I feel worse yet it would be grieviously errant to believe that secularism or atheism would have no influence on a presidents policy.
Wandile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 2:09:33 AM
At 1/12/2012 6:44:27 PM, rogue wrote:

I agree their beliefs are idiotic. But even so, they believe Jesus was the savior, therefore they are christians.

No, not anyone who believes in Jesus is a christian. Muslims believe in Jesus as messiah but yet they are a totally different religion to christianity. The same goes for Bahai Faith. Mormons are not Christian. To be a christian, you have to believe in the core doctrines set out by the Catholic Church in the first 5 centuries of church history. Mormons believe that the Heavenly Father was once a man who became a god. We believe the Heavenly Father is spirit and was always spirit. He was never a man. They also believe that through a good life and after death, when you ascend to heaven, you can also become a god...Its stuff like this that makes them non-christian.

http://www.bible-truth.org...

JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 2:52:29 AM
At 1/13/2012 2:09:33 AM, Wandile wrote:

No, not anyone who believes in Jesus is a christian. Muslims believe in Jesus as messiah but yet they are a totally different religion to christianity. The same goes for Bahai Faith. Mormons are not Christian. To be a christian, you have to believe in the core doctrines set out by the Catholic Church in the first 5 centuries of church history. Mormons believe that the Heavenly Father was once a man who became a god. We believe the Heavenly Father is spirit and was always spirit. He was never a man. They also believe that through a good life and after death, when you ascend to heaven, you can also become a god...Its stuff like this that makes them non-christian.

Some quotes from the LDS website:
"Our Heavenly Father sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to be our Savior and show us the way to live according to God's plan."
"Heavenly Father chose His Son, Jesus Christ, in our pre-earth life and sent Him to earth to be our Savior."

Let's define Christian this way: One who believes in the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Mormons believe Christ is the Son of God and Savior of the human race(this is in their own words). They fit the definition of Christian.

What you are saying, is that they aren't Catholic. There is nothing in the Bible about needing to be Catholic to be Christian. Just because you don't agree with their interpretation of the Bible doesn't change the fact that they profess belief in Christ. After all, if the Bible were so perfectly clear, there wouldn't be cause for so much disagreement about it.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Wandile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 3:17:07 AM
At 1/13/2012 2:52:29 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

"Our Heavenly Father sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to be our Savior and show us the way to live according to God's plan."
"Heavenly Father chose His Son, Jesus Christ, in our pre-earth life and sent Him to earth to be our Savior."

Let's define Christian this way: One who believes in the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Mormons believe Christ is the Son of God and Savior of the human race(this is in their own words). They fit the definition of Christian.

What you are saying, is that they aren't Catholic. There is nothing in the Bible about needing to be Catholic to be Christian. Just because you don't agree with their interpretation of the Bible doesn't change the fact that they profess belief in Christ. After all, if the Bible were so perfectly clear, there wouldn't be cause for so much disagreement about it.

Note : The Catholic church (before all modern denominations formed) established the doctrines of christianity. Catholicism used to be the only form of Christianity for near 1300years before the Protestant reformation. Even the protestants understand that it is essential to accept the core doctrines of christianity , set out by the Catholic Church, in order to be called a christian.

Now to reply to your post :

No no no no...oh no.... What I'm saying is that they are not christian. The core doctrines of christianity (made by the Catholic church from the bible) are to be followed in order to be christian. NOWHERE in the bible is there the teaching that the Heavenly Father was once a man. Sure Mormons believe in some core doctrines. The problem lies at the point that ALL core doctrines must be believed in order to be a christian. Not believing in Just one of these, makes you a heretic.

Teaching that the Father was once a man who became a god over time is purely blasphemous and heretical !

JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 3:41:18 AM
At 1/13/2012 3:17:07 AM, Wandile wrote:
At 1/13/2012 2:52:29 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

Note : The Catholic church (before all modern denominations formed) established the doctrines of christianity. Catholicism used to be the only form of Christianity for near 1300years before the Protestant reformation. Even the protestants understand that it is essential to accept the core doctrines of christianity , set out by the Catholic Church, in order to be called a christian.

No. Christ established the doctrines of Christianity. The Catholic Church teaches things that either aren't in the Bible, or are only in the Bible but can be interpreted in different ways.

See, what happens is some people think you have to accept the core concepts of Catholicism, and others only think you have to accept the core teachings of Christ in the Bible. Just because a group says it has to be the Nicene Creed doesn't mean it's true. Appeal to popularity and all that.

Now to reply to your post :

No no no no...oh no.... What I'm saying is that they are not christian. The core doctrines of christianity (made by the Catholic church from the bible)

Let me stop you right there. Christ's words are in the bible(supposedly). There is nothing more in the teachings of the Catholic Church that came from the mouth of Christ. The core doctrines of Christianity come from the Bible, not from the Bible and the Catholic Church. It's easy enough to show how the Catholic Church is different from what Christ setup.

are to be followed in order to be christian. NOWHERE in the bible is there the teaching that the Heavenly Father was once a man. Sure Mormons believe in some core doctrines. The problem lies at the point that ALL core doctrines must be believed in order to be a christian. Not believing in Just one of these, makes you a heretic.

A heretic according to the teachings of the Catholic Church is not the same as a heretic according to the teachings of Christ. The Mormons have their own justifications for their beliefs, and scriptures in the Bible that they believe teach those things. There is no reason to say that only the Catholic interpretation of those scriptures is the right one.

Teaching that the Father was once a man who became a god over time is purely blasphemous and heretical !

Source?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13