Jump to topic:

Three Things About Islam

Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 11:59:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 12:29:54 AM
The amount of effort being made to scare people about Islam and Muslims is amazing. The only reason I can fathom is to prevent the people in the west from actually learning about Islam.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 8:35:35 AM
At 1/11/2012 11:59:33 PM, Reasoning wrote:

Response: Three things clearly false with the video

1. No where in the entire Qur'an does it state that previous peaceful verses are abrogated by later violent verses, nor can you quote and prove otherwise.

2. No where in the Qur'an or Sunnah does it state that muslims are obligated to establish shariah, nor can you quote and prove otherwise.

3. Nowhere in the Qur'an or sunah does it state that it is o.k. in islam to lie and deceive people to accept islam, nor can you quote and prove otherwise.

Conclusion: This is probably the easiest propaganda to ever be exposed and debunked, failing to disprove the fact that islam is a peaceful and just religion.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 9:25:17 AM
I did some research and found that most of the passages of the Koran that Christians quote are taken out of context. They usually occur in the context of a historical battle.

I find it strange that Christians would do this when their own Bible contains similar
"holy commands".
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 11:38:44 AM
I just watched the video. It is clear that he did not read the Qua'ran, and he knows that most people will just take his word rather than read it themselves.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 12:27:27 PM
At 1/12/2012 8:35:35 AM, Fatihah wrote:

1. No where in the entire Qur'an does it state that previous peaceful verses are abrogated by later violent verses, nor can you quote and prove otherwise.

The abbrogation concept is taught here:
Surah 2:106:
None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?

In context it is exactly as the video stated. The verse is as it appears.
Allah has the power over all things included the ability to subsitute better or similiar teachings for previously stated ones.

I disagree with the Terrorists that this should warrant the mass and brutal slayings and to outright ignore the teachings of peace.
But to deny the terrorists, 33% of Islam, teach this is merely allowing them a cloak in which to operate.

2. No where in the Qur'an or Sunnah does it state that muslims are obligated to establish shariah, nor can you quote and prove otherwise.

This is clearly an interpretation that terrorists disagree with you on.
Sharia is declared in Islam (according to them).
YUSUFALI: Then We put thee on the (right) Way of Religion: so follow thou that (Way), and follow not the desires of those who know not.
PICKTHAL: And now have We set thee (O Muhammad) on a clear road of (Our) commandment; so follow it, and follow not the whims of those who know not.
SHAKIR: Then We have made you follow a course in the affair, therefore follow it, and do not follow the low desires of those who do not know.

The 'Way' is interpreted to be Sharia or "He Ordained". The ordained law is directly from the Qu'ran.
Isalm is forcing all countries to take on Sharia so Muslims can abide by the command of the Koran, if you happen to be in a country ruled by Sharia and happen to be Gay......the implication is defacto Sharia advocation of the murdering the Gay person.

Again this interpretation may not be your personal view but we are concerned with the 33% of Islam that is hell bent on these ideals.

3. Nowhere in the Qur'an or sunah does it state that it is o.k. in islam to lie and
deceive people to accept islam, nor can you quote and prove otherwise.

This is clearly taught. Not saying this website supporting Islam is your particular interpretation.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com...

Qur'an (9:3) - "...Allah and His Messenger are free from liability to the idolaters..." The dissolution of oaths with the pagans who remained at Mecca following its capture. They did nothing wrong, but were evicted anyway.

Qur'an (66:2) - "Allah has already ordained for you, (O men), the dissolution of your oaths"

Qur'an (3:54) - "And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers." The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means deceit. If Allah is deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same. (See also 8:30 and 10:21)

No matter what these verses create a cumulative case for the Terrorist to make oaths and break oaths. They have done so throughout history with the 'infidels'.

They lie for the express purpose of victory and support their ideology with these verses from the Qu'ran.

Conclusion: This is probably the easiest propaganda to ever be exposed and debunked, failing to disprove the fact that islam is a peaceful and just religion.

I found your post to be the easiest propoganda to ever be exposed and debunked.
This information is common knowledge to the entire world.
Were you unaware of it?

If you disagree with the interpretation, you do not disagree with me but with terrorists.

I hope a view of moderation wins, however, moderation will not win by ignoring their interpretation.

That is why I cannot help believe that you and people like you support these views and merely want to distract attention away from them to allow you to conquer the world.
bhatti1020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 1:53:15 PM
lol were conquering the world? nobody told me, I'm always the LAST to know things!
-Tourism & Immigration minister for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
"hey, no Jerry springer here!"
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 1:55:23 PM
At 1/12/2012 1:53:15 PM, bhatti1020 wrote:
lol were conquering the world? nobody told me, I'm always the LAST to know things!

1: Your either lieing to convince infidels you are not trying to conquer the world ..
or..
2: You are a shelterd quasi muslim living in America and you need to get out into your worldview more.
bhatti1020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 2:13:17 PM
1st. I was born in Pakistan and came here at age 10. I've seen alot of the world by travelling.
2nd. No, I'm not lying. There's not some weird conspiracy that the millions of Muslim American are keeping from you. It's not like we meet secretly and trade bomb making tips and practice firing guns. Many rednecks do though, you should watch out.
3rd. You're not an infidel, you believe right wing propaganda, you are arrogant and slightly irritating, but not an infidel.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 2:45:16 PM
The video is pure ignorance. That's much like a communist making a video with sentences like: "Capitalism is bad uh... That's why all Western countries fail..."
bhatti1020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 2:51:20 PM

YUSUFALI: Then We put thee on the (right) Way of Religion: so follow thou that (Way), and follow not the desires of those who know not.
PICKTHAL: And now have We set thee (O Muhammad) on a clear road of (Our) commandment; so follow it, and follow not the whims of those who know not.
SHAKIR: Then We have made you follow a course in the affair, therefore follow it, and do not follow the low desires of those who do not know.
so...where in that does it say that we must install sharia in the government of the country we are in? It means that PRACTICING muslims must follow the laws of their religion. not you .
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 3:07:01 PM
At 1/12/2012 2:13:17 PM, bhatti1020 wrote:
1st. I was born in Pakistan and came here at age 10. I've seen alot of the world by travelling.
2nd. No, I'm not lying. There's not some weird conspiracy that the millions of Muslim American are keeping from you. It's not like we meet secretly and trade bomb making tips and practice firing guns. Many rednecks do though, you should watch out.
3rd. You're not an infidel, you believe right wing propaganda, you are arrogant and slightly irritating, but not an infidel.

1: Yep, a 10 year old should indeed be credited with the idea of being 'worldly'. Great justification. Additionally, only 14% of Pakistan supports terrorism.
You still could be lying to us to convince us you are not trying to conquer us and could indeed have secret meetings to defeat us.

2: Even if you are not involved there are countless muslims that have been proven to be involved in such secret and not so secret (podiums) meetings. Yes communists have actually plotted the overthrow of capitalists. Just because you were not involved in the meetings does not mean that it is not occurring.

3: That is your personal definition of infidel. Other muslims would not be so lenient and would kill my family at the idea that I have attacked Islam.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 3:08:00 PM
At 1/12/2012 2:45:16 PM, Mirza wrote:
The video is pure ignorance. That's much like a communist making a video with sentences like: "Capitalism is bad uh... That's why all Western countries fail..."

Except, that there is a massive contingent of Muslims that actually believe what the video is decrying.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 3:10:58 PM
At 1/12/2012 2:51:20 PM, bhatti1020 wrote:

so...where in that does it say that we must install sharia in the government of the country we are in? It means that PRACTICING muslims must follow the laws of their religion. not you .

Apparently you do not understand how the worldly muslims apply this verse.
The Way (Sharia) is morally incumbent upon the Muslim to be followed and all other laws from infidels must be rejected.

The implication is obvious. No 'obedient' muslim, as they see it, can live under any governmental philosphy except Sharia.

The infidels government must be overthrown and institute Sharia courts to allow all muslims to be obedient to the disregard of what the infidels believe.
bhatti1020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 3:16:49 PM
1st off, ive travelled more after ive came to this country.
I am absolutely stunned at your inside knowledge of my own religion. There is also meetings of far right groups and white nationalists who would love to overthrow this government. And who says Al-Qaeda taliban, etc is right? Catholics say that theyre christians but i doubt you believe that. Should I believe that all christian priests and ministers have sexual desires for little boys?
bhatti1020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 3:20:11 PM
what's it like being a troll? I considered it once but the hours are horrible.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 3:38:09 PM
At 1/12/2012 3:16:49 PM, bhatti1020 wrote:
I am absolutely stunned at your inside knowledge of my own religion. There is also meetings of far right groups and white nationalists who would love to overthrow this government. And who says Al-Qaeda taliban, etc is right? Catholics say that theyre christians but i doubt you believe that. Should I believe that all christian priests and ministers have sexual desires for little boys?

LOL, Every muslim claims their detractors are inherently trolls. It provides an endless amount of amusement to me.

I never denied there were groups that desired to overthrow other groups.

- You appeared merely to be special pleading that Islam does not possess those groups and validating that was true because you have not attended such a meeting.

That is clearly wrong as the world over is plagued by terroristic groups blowing up everyone that disagrees with them. Sunni's and Shia's both muderering the innocents around them and around the world.

You cannot get on this forum and deny these people exist and use the rational because you have personally never seen them or attended these meetings.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 3:41:20 PM
At 1/12/2012 3:16:49 PM, bhatti1020 wrote:

As for pedophiles, we agree that indeed they work as a group and infiltrate institutions that allow them easy access to innocent children.
They have done so within the Catholic Church, they did the same at Penn State, in Haitai etc....

There will always be groups that coordinate to infiltrate.

However, a few priests is completely different a problem than over 1/3 of all Muslims!
That is 300 million people willing to kill innocents over a perceived threat to Islam.
bhatti1020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 3:50:04 PM
the quran specifically forbids killings innocents.
where do you get the idea that 1/3 of muslims are radical?
ill be back tommorow morning, gtg to drivers ed.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 3:54:46 PM
At 1/12/2012 3:50:04 PM, bhatti1020 wrote:
Except due to point 1 in the video and supported in my initial post. I would rather not convince you to become a murderer.

Pew Research in the Non-radical controlled significant muslim nations. They have found more than one third but I am moderating my assertion.

Good luck! Avoid trolls under bridges. They want tolls now and have setup stations in New Jersey.
P
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 4:12:18 PM

I've got my first driving lesson in a few hours... I'm going to die :(
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 4:16:14 PM
At 1/12/2012 4:12:18 PM, Physik wrote:

I would recommend prayer before you go :P
I hear it works...

Also, I recommend learning to drive in country side, if you hit something its dinner. If you hit something in the city it usually takes a bit out of you...

Do you guys eat roo?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 4:23:10 PM
Gileandos, I think your attitude is inexcusable. You're always too quick to pull false statistics and make Muslims look terrible. The video is terrible, provides no sources, makes horribly false claims like Taqiyya being part of Islam despite that being mentioned nowhere in legitimate sources, etc etc etc. The same applies to your arguments.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 5:01:34 PM
At 1/12/2012 4:23:10 PM, Mirza wrote:
Gileandos, I think your attitude is inexcusable. You're always too quick to pull false statistics and make Muslims look terrible. The video is terrible, provides no sources, makes horribly false claims like Taqiyya being part of Islam despite that being mentioned nowhere in legitimate sources, etc etc etc. The same applies to your arguments.

These were not my statistics or beliefs.
I think your continued aggression toward detractors of terrorist teachings is criticizable in its own right. By selecting me out and strike me personally is inexpiable behavior on your part.

I should not be concerned that Pew research finds an overly consequential amount of muslims support terrorism?
I should not be concerned when the video rightly decries terrorist teachings?

I in no way implied these terroristic beliefs are valid. In fact, I clearly stated that I hope some form of reformation and moderation occurs in the world of Islam.

But lets be clear, whether you agree with the teachings or not, it is the viewpoint of Terrorists.
You only offer a cloak to the terrorists, which concerns me about who you are really supporting, when you deny the teachings even exist.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 5:06:02 PM
At 1/12/2012 4:16:14 PM, Gileandos wrote:

I hear it works...

Also, I recommend learning to drive in country side, if you hit something its dinner. If you hit something in the city it usually takes a bit out of you...

Do you guys eat roo?

Allah will be with him.
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 5:40:22 PM

I hear it works...

Do you guys eat roo?

I've had it before, it tastes remarkably like ham.
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 6:40:11 PM
At 1/12/2012 5:06:02 PM, comoncents wrote:

I hear it works...

Do you guys eat roo?

Allah will be with him.

Trying to kill him?
bhatti1020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:07:02 PM
back, allah WAS with me, i didn't crash.
Why in god's name would i ever....EVER go to NJ?
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:12:44 PM
At 1/12/2012 12:27:27 PM, Gileandos wrote:
At 1/12/2012 8:35:35 AM, Fatihah wrote:

The abbrogation concept is taught here:
Surah 2:106:
None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?

In context it is exactly as the video stated. The verse is as it appears.
Allah has the power over all things included the ability to subsitute better or similiar teachings for previously stated ones.

I disagree with the Terrorists that this should warrant the mass and brutal slayings and to outright ignore the teachings of peace.
But to deny the terrorists, 33% of Islam, teach this is merely allowing them a cloak in which to operate.

The 'Way' is interpreted to be Sharia or "He Ordained". The ordained law is directly from the Qu'ran.
Isalm is forcing all countries to take on Sharia so Muslims can abide by the command of the Koran, if you happen to be in a country ruled by Sharia and happen to be Gay......the implication is defacto Sharia advocation of the murdering the Gay person.

Again this interpretation may not be your personal view but we are concerned with the 33% of Islam that is hell bent on these ideals.

3. Nowhere in the Qur'an or sunah does it state that it is o.k. in islam to lie and
deceive people to accept islam, nor can you quote and prove otherwise.

This is clearly taught. Not saying this website supporting Islam is your particular interpretation.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com...

Qur'an (9:3) - "...Allah and His Messenger are free from liability to the idolaters..." The dissolution of oaths with the pagans who remained at Mecca following its capture. They did nothing wrong, but were evicted anyway.

Qur'an (66:2) - "Allah has already ordained for you, (O men), the dissolution of your oaths"

Qur'an (3:54) - "And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers." The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means deceit. If Allah is deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same. (See also 8:30 and 10:21)

No matter what these verses create a cumulative case for the Terrorist to make oaths and break oaths. They have done so throughout history with the 'infidels'.

They lie for the express purpose of victory and support their ideology with these verses from the Qu'ran.

I found your post to be the easiest propoganda to ever be exposed and debunked.
This information is common knowledge to the entire world.
Were you unaware of it?

If you disagree with the interpretation, you do not disagree with me but with terrorists.

I hope a view of moderation wins, however, moderation will not win by ignoring their interpretation.

That is why I cannot help believe that you and people like you support these views and merely want to distract attention away from them to allow you to conquer the world.

Response: The video states that violent verses abrogate earlier peaceful verses in the qur'an, yet you quote a verse that speaks of abrogation, but mentions nothing about violent verses abrogating earlier peaceful verses. So the verse is not evidence of the claim. Furthermore, the verse itself says that verses are not abrogated. As for shariah, the verse you quoted does not mention the word shariah, or anything synonymous. So this is your interpretation and not the correct one, Lastly, the evidence of taqiyya is from websites, not the qur'an or sunnah. So as demonstrated, there is nothing from the qur'an or sunnah that sides with the video, demonstrating that the video is a clear lie and does not disprove the fact that islam is a peaceful and just religion.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:15:37 PM
At 1/12/2012 7:07:02 PM, bhatti1020 wrote:
back, allah WAS with me, i didn't crash.
Why in god's name would i ever....EVER go to NJ?

Lol @ NJ. I lived in NJ and Philadelphia. They are the scariest drivers on the planet. Though I blame the small roads and toll booths as the source of their insanity.