Jump to topic:

Atheists vs Tim Tebow *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 2:27:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
How many of you ever heard of Yahoo before ? Good. Now all you have to do is go to that page and browse through their news of the day. There is an interesting story about how Tim Tebow is being confronted by the social criticism of Atheists.
Let's just say that they are scared to death of this Man, because he is a public world renowed figure, who is shedding some light on God and Christianity. Say what you will, but this is part of the revolution that is taking place around the world as we speak and for 2012. You know the deal. Freedom of religion should not be regulated. And all Tim Tebow has done, is made our lives so much easier and appreciated. Too bad this does not go over well with you. What do you think ?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 2:57:38 PM
I knew that these secualar progressive groups would speak out on this issue.
We have freedom of religion in this country. We dont take rights from your kind, dont try and take rights from mine.
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 3:55:08 PM
I find the whole situation ridiculously amusing.

God finds the time to help Tim Tebow win that game, yet those African's are still starving. Priorities much?
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 3:57:01 PM
At 1/12/2012 3:55:08 PM, Physik wrote:

God finds the time to help Tim Tebow win that game, yet those African's are still starving. Priorities much?

Actually, if you got your head out of the sand, you would realize that he has sent a TON of aid, in the form of Christian organizations, and charities.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 4:00:58 PM
At 1/12/2012 3:57:01 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Actually, if you got your head out of the sand, you would realize that he has sent a TON of aid, in the form of Christian organizations, and charities.

If he has the power to intervene in a game of football, why doesn't he have the power to magic up bowls of rice? Didn't he feed a thousand or so people with five of the things?
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 4:02:46 PM

God: I will let my Christian followers help them; I am too busy myself in spite of my all-powerful state of existence.......
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 4:05:36 PM
At 1/12/2012 4:02:46 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

God: I will let my Christian followers help them; I am too busy myself in spite of my all-powerful state of existence.......

*Sigh*

First off, where in the bible dos it say God will help the starving?

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 4:05:44 PM

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 4:11:55 PM
At 1/12/2012 4:05:36 PM, OberHerr wrote:

*Sigh*

Hmmm...........It doesn't.

But is god's existence in your eyes dependent on the scripture? Or do you support a more general perception of god.....?

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 4:16:28 PM
At 1/12/2012 4:11:55 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

*Sigh*

Hmmm...........It doesn't.

But is god's existence in your eyes dependent on the scripture? Or do you support a more general perception of god.....?

To be fair, I was quite amused by your post so I decided to "speak through god"..........

Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 4:16:35 PM

*Sigh*

John 6:35?

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 4:20:45 PM
At 1/12/2012 4:16:35 PM, Physik wrote:

*Sigh*

Is that being sarcastic?

Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 4:28:35 PM
At 1/12/2012 4:20:45 PM, OberHerr wrote:

*Sigh*

Is that being sarcastic?

Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty." - John 6:35

I'm willing to bet all those African's are reasonably hungry and thirsty.

And while we're at it, Exodus 16:4-8.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 4:34:11 PM
At 1/12/2012 4:28:35 PM, Physik wrote:

*Sigh*

Is that being sarcastic?

Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty." - John 6:35

*Sigh* It's clearly not to be taken literally. He was saying, that you will never yearn for more inside, spiritually. Also, is everyone in Africa a Christian? No. Therefore, even if it was meant to be taken literally, it wouldn't apply.

How does that prove that God says he will feed the starving?

Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 4:47:39 PM
At 1/12/2012 4:34:11 PM, OberHerr wrote:

*Sigh*

Is that being sarcastic?

*Sigh* It's clearly not to be taken literally. He was saying, that you will never yearn for more inside, spiritually.

Because a yearning to be content spiritually clearing takes precedence over rampant starvation.

Also, is everyone in Africa a Christian? No. Therefore, even if it was meant to be taken literally, it wouldn't apply.

Now that's ridiculous. Are you saying that because some people on the continent aren't Christians, god wouldn't feed any of them?

It proves that god apparently has the capability to. Yet you want to claim that god would rather help Tim Tebow win a game of football than save millions of his followers from an agonizing death. In what abhorrent scenario can you then claim that god is all-loving.

Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 5:12:09 PM

*Sigh*

Is that being sarcastic?

*Sigh* It's clearly not to be taken literally. He was saying, that you will never yearn for more inside, spiritually. Also, is everyone in Africa a Christian? No. Therefore, even if it was meant to be taken literally, it wouldn't apply.

So. Let me get this right, God is quite happy to let hundreds and thousands of people die in the Haiti Earthquake, the Japanese Tsunami, and the Boxing Day Tsunami.... But the moment some high end athlete Douche decides to pray over something as metaphysically banal as a football game, God drops everything to help out.

Maybe the pain and suffering in this world is all caused because God is too busy answering all the prayers of people wanting new bikes to stop natural disasters.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 5:13:19 PM
At 1/12/2012 5:12:09 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

*Sigh*

Is that being sarcastic?

So. Let me get this right, God is quite happy to let hundreds and thousands of people die in the Haiti Earthquake, the Japanese Tsunami, and the Boxing Day Tsunami.... But the moment some high end athlete Douche decides to pray over something as metaphysically banal as a football game, God drops everything to help out.

Maybe the pain and suffering in this world is all caused because God is too busy answering all the prayers of people wanting new bikes to stop natural disasters.

Do you have proof that Tebow is helped by God?

johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 5:13:39 PM

God is a Broncos fan. Although he absolutely hates my Chicago Bears.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 5:14:39 PM
At 1/12/2012 5:13:39 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

God is a Broncos fan. Although he absolutely hates my Chicago Bears.

Lol.

Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 6:14:54 PM
At 1/12/2012 5:13:19 PM, OberHerr wrote:

*Sigh*

Is that being sarcastic?

The fact that he is earning significant money asking 'how shall I throw this pigskin' rather than earning minimum wage asking 'do you want fries with that?' is proof enough for me...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:01:48 PM
At 1/12/2012 6:22:12 PM, rogue wrote:
If he's so famous and we're so scared of him, why have I never heard of him? lol

Are you not into football that much?

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 7:02:32 PM
At 1/12/2012 6:14:54 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 1/12/2012 5:13:19 PM, OberHerr wrote:

*Sigh*

Is that being sarcastic?

The fact that he is earning significant money asking 'how shall I throw this pigskin' rather than earning minimum wage asking 'do you want fries with that?' is proof enough for me...

um...ok?

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 10:47:42 PM
At 1/12/2012 4:00:58 PM, Physik wrote:

If he has the power to intervene in a game of football, why doesn't he have the power to magic up bowls of rice? Didn't he feed a thousand or so people with five of the things?

God does not intervene, God gives Tebow the leadership confidence and charisma to lead the team to victory. He doesn't intervene like you think.
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 10:53:37 PM
At 1/12/2012 10:47:42 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

God does not intervene, God gives Tebow the leadership confidence and charisma to lead the team to victory. He doesn't intervene like you think.

Maybe god could give someone the leadership and charisma to come up with a viable solution to all that starvation then?

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 10:56:35 PM
At 1/12/2012 10:53:37 PM, Physik wrote:

Maybe god could give someone the leadership and charisma to come up with a viable solution to all that starvation then?

Maybe he has, who are you to say he hasn't? Who are you to question God at all? I tremble at the thought.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 10:58:17 PM

*Sigh*

Is that being sarcastic?

people in africa don't always believe in him
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 10:59:38 PM
At 1/12/2012 10:56:35 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Maybe he has, who are you to say he hasn't? Who are you to question God at all? I tremble at the thought.

Well, if he has, the guy isn't doing a very good job of it. Besides, if he really cared, he would just magic it up like he did in Exodus.

Who am I to question a vengeful, cruel, malevolent and most likely imaginary dictator? I would think I'm a decent human being.

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 10:59:38 PM

what if he did but then the devil killed the guy who knew.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross