Jump to topic:

Islam is NOT an Abrahamic religion

Wandile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 10:12:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It is one thing to claim you are part of something. It is totally another thing to actually be part of that something. In the case of Islam -- all it does CLAIM to be Abrahamic but in reality, it is not.

Judaism is indisputably Abrahamic. Christianity is an offshoot of judaism as the first christians were all Jews who based their religion on the teachings of the Jewish prophets in the Hebrew bible, and on the teachings of a Jewish man, namely Jesus of Nazareth whom they believed to be the Jewish messiah.

Islam on the other hand is simply a religion that sprung up from arabia (not Israel), from an arab man (Muhammad) instead of a jewish man. Further Islam denies jewish writing such as the Tannakh (hebrew bible) and the christian New Testament (written by Jews) . Islam has no legitimate relation to the Abrahamic faiths other than that it is a counterfeit of Judaism and Christianity.

http://www.disclose.tv...
"Possibly deluded.... no way to confirm the veracity. That is an extraordinary claim to suggest billions the world over and throughout history are deluded. Proof?
Also if you actually believe these Billions of historical Christians are deluded, what gives you a warrant to special plead you are not equally self deluded within your own views? Sounds like self contradictory belief system you are under." - Gileandos

The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice - Proverb
bhatti1020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 10:20:32 AM
First off, Islam considers Ibrahim (pbuh) a prophet.
Islam believes in the uncorrupted, original parts of the torah and the gospel.
one of Islams most important holidays, Eid ul Adha, is to commemorate the bravery of Ibrahim and his son, whom he was about to sacrifice, but god sent a lamb instead.
-Tourism & Immigration minister for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
"hey, no Jerry springer here!"
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 10:22:27 AM
Islam is based off of Christianity and Judaism.

According to Wikipedia, Muhammad was the "restorer" of the pure faith of the earlier prophets, including Jesus and Abraham.

I have very little knowledge of Jewish text, but I know that the New Testament was all about honoring Jesus as the Son of God, which basically runs counter to A LOT of Islamic teachings.
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 10:42:13 AM
The Holy Quran

2:135 They say: "Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (To salvation)." Say thou: "Nay! (I would rather) the Religion of Abraham the True, and he joined not gods with Allah."

2:136 Say ye: "We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to Allah (in Islam)."

2:137 So if they believe as ye believe, they are indeed on the right path; but if they turn back, it is they who are in schism; but Allah will suffice thee as against them, and He is the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing.

2:138 (Our religion is) the Baptism of Allah. And who can baptize better than Allah. And it is He Whom we worship.

2:139 Say: Will ye dispute with us about Allah, seeing that He is our Lord and your Lord; that we are responsible for our doings and ye for yours; and that We are sincere (in our faith) in Him?

2:140 Or do ye say that Abraham, Isma'il Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes were Jews or Christians? Say: Do ye know better than Allah. Ah! who is more unjust than those who conceal the testimony they have from Allah. but Allah is not unmindful of what ye do!

2:141 That was a people that hath passed away. They shall reap the fruit of what they did, and ye of what ye do! Of their merits there is no question in your case.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 12:27:01 PM
Muhammad was more akin to a con-man like Joseph Smith.

He tried to co-opt the religion around him while making fundamental changes to the religion. If you read the Koran alot of it is outright made up plagarism.

LDS also claims to be the restorer of the "true" church.

I have no idea how you would make a distinction between LDS and Islam under the guise of restoring the "truth".
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 12:58:28 PM
At 1/15/2012 12:27:01 PM, Gileandos wrote:

He tried to co-opt the religion around him while making fundamental changes to the religion. If you read the Koran alot of it is outright made up plagarism.

I have no idea how you would make a distinction between LDS and Islam under the guise of restoring the "truth".

If you read the Bible, most of it is outright made up plagiarism.
Wandile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 1:20:51 PM
At 1/15/2012 12:58:28 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

Evidence?
"Possibly deluded.... no way to confirm the veracity. That is an extraordinary claim to suggest billions the world over and throughout history are deluded. Proof?
Also if you actually believe these Billions of historical Christians are deluded, what gives you a warrant to special plead you are not equally self deluded within your own views? Sounds like self contradictory belief system you are under." - Gileandos

The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice - Proverb
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 1:22:46 PM

Not at all Christians did not rewrite the Old Testament.

If you are referring to zeitgeist that was all made up. There is not one citation of myths that have more than a passing similarity to Christianity.

Even the ressurected Gods could not be dated before 300 A.D.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 1:30:09 PM
At 1/15/2012 1:22:46 PM, Gileandos wrote:

They still plagiarized, to your standard.

If you are referring to zeitgeist that was all made up. There is not one citation of myths that have more than a passing similarity to Christianity.

*cough*Judaism*cough*

How is this relevant? Anyway, the vast majority of the Bible is the OT, which is basically Jewish script. See point one.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 1:30:39 PM
At 1/15/2012 1:20:51 PM, Wandile wrote:

Evidence?

Most, if not all, of the OT.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 1:42:25 PM
At 1/15/2012 1:30:09 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 1/15/2012 1:22:46 PM, Gileandos wrote:

They still plagiarized, to your standard.

*cough*Judaism*cough*

How is this relevant? Anyway, the vast majority of the Bible is the OT, which is basically Jewish script. See point one.

Christianity is a Judaic messianic sect.....
The Old Testament is cited as equally authoritative.

Citation =/= plagarizing.

Christians are Jews.

This is different than the Muslims.
The Koran cherry picks and plagarizes the story.
bhatti1020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 1:46:39 PM
I doubt most Orthodox and Ultra Orthodox Jews would agree with you. So you guys basically killed your own kind through the ages?
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 1:47:36 PM
At 1/15/2012 1:46:39 PM, bhatti1020 wrote:
I doubt most Orthodox and Ultra Orthodox Jews would agree with you. So you guys basically killed your own kind through the ages?

What are you talking about?

And if you wanna go there lets bring up sunni vs shiite muslims, they kill their own kind on a daily basis.
bhatti1020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 1:51:54 PM
At 1/15/2012 1:47:36 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

What are you talking about?

And if you wanna go there lets bring up sunni vs shiite muslims, they kill their own kind on a daily basis.

I'm sorry, did I say my religion is free of that?
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 2:17:41 PM
At 1/15/2012 2:05:23 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
I love how Gil derailed this thread on the 5th post.

Such prowess astounds me.
How does citing that the Muslims are plagarizing the Judaic religion not direct purport the forum topic that "Islam is NOT an Abrhamic religion".
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 2:23:03 PM
At 1/15/2012 2:17:41 PM, Gileandos wrote:

How does citing that the Muslims are plagarizing the Judaic religion not direct purport the forum topic that "Islam is NOT an Abrhamic religion".

Citing that Muslims "plagiarize" the Judaic religion is actually not relevant to the subject that "Islam is NOT an Abrahamic religion."
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 2:29:16 PM
At 1/15/2012 2:23:03 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

Citing that Muslims "plagiarize" the Judaic religion is actually not relevant to the subject that "Islam is NOT an Abrahamic religion."

*facepalm
A person plagarizing the Abrahamic religion is indeed evidence to suggest no such legitimate claim be made.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 2:34:19 PM
At 1/15/2012 2:29:16 PM, Gileandos wrote:

*facepalm
A person plagarizing the Abrahamic religion is indeed evidence to suggest no such legitimate claim be made.

Then Christianity is not an Abrahamic religion.
Wandile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 2:36:47 PM

True but then again history would silence them. Did you know that when christianity started out, it was not seen as a separate religion but actually a sect of Judaism? The sect grew so fast that it soon enough became it's own religion but in actuality, it is a sect of judaism. In fact Paul (who was a Jew) even teaches in the New Testament that christians are the real jews. But this is irrelevant... All that is important is that in its early days, christianity was recognised as a sect of judaism.

http://www.explorethemed.com...
http://www.funtrivia.com...

Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 2:45:42 PM
At 1/15/2012 2:34:19 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 1/15/2012 2:29:16 PM, Gileandos wrote:

*facepalm

Then Christianity is not an Abrahamic religion.

citation =/= plagarization.
But thats fine. Christianity is not an Abrahamic religion because you say so.
I agree!
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 5:42:35 PM
Actually it is Abrahamic religion; Muhammad came from Ishmael's bloodline. That by definition means that Muhammad was a descendant of Abraham thus making it an Abrahamic religion.

lern2theology
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 7:06:03 PM
At 1/15/2012 10:12:59 AM, Wandile wrote:
It is one thing to claim you are part of something. It is totally another thing to actually be part of that something. In the case of Islam -- all it does CLAIM to be Abrahamic but in reality, it is not.

Judaism is indisputably Abrahamic. Christianity is an offshoot of judaism as the first christians were all Jews who based their religion on the teachings of the Jewish prophets in the Hebrew bible, and on the teachings of a Jewish man, namely Jesus of Nazareth whom they believed to be the Jewish messiah.

Islam on the other hand is simply a religion that sprung up from arabia (not Israel), from an arab man (Muhammad) instead of a jewish man. Further Islam denies jewish writing such as the Tannakh (hebrew bible) and the christian New Testament (written by Jews) . Islam has no legitimate relation to the Abrahamic faiths other than that it is a counterfeit of Judaism and Christianity.

Abrahamic religions are the monotheistic faiths emphasizing and tracing their common origin to Abraham[1] or recognizing a spiritual tradition identified with him.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 10:33:20 PM
At 1/15/2012 5:42:35 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Actually it is Abrahamic religion; Muhammad came from Ishmael's bloodline. That by definition means that Muhammad was a descendant of Abraham thus making it an Abrahamic religion.

lern2theology

True. But that is second part of the answer. The first part is:

The Holy Quran 3:68: Without doubt, among men, the nearest of kin to Abraham, are those who follow him, as are also this Messenger and those who believe: And Allah is the Protector of those who have faith.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2012 10:48:28 PM

Response: Yes. Islam is not a abrahamic religion, and proudly so. For the religion of Abraham was islam, not Abrahamic. Islam means submission to the will of Allah (God). Abraham(SAS) and all of the prophets did just that. This all of the prophets religion was islam, making islam the true religion, and Muhammad (saw) was the last and final prophet of islam. Both Judaism and Christianity is a misrepresentation of the teachings of two prophets, Jesus (Sas) and Moses(Sas), who's religion was islam as well.
Wandile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 1:43:39 AM
At 1/15/2012 5:42:35 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

lern2theology

This is not evidence. Mere claims by muslims that is all. In fact before Muhammad was alive the arabs believed they were descended from Joktan or Qahtan. In fact there is no proof at all for Muhammad's alleged decendency from Ishmael execpt Islamic myths... Like I said earlier, it's one thing to claim, it is another to actually be!

http://www.bible.ca...

Wandile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 2:01:07 AM
Response: Yes. Islam is not a abrahamic religion, and proudly so. For the religion of Abraham was islam, not Abrahamic. Islam means submission to the will of Allah (God). Abraham(SAS) and all of the prophets did just that.

Abraham was Jewish buddy. Just letting you know ;). Abraham submitted to the will of YHWH not Allah (in the Islamic sense of the word). Just so you know :)

This all of the prophets religion was islam, making islam the true religion, and Muhammad (saw) was the last and final prophet of islam.

Circular reasoning :). I love to see when people use such a fallacy :). You only say so because Islam says so lol. Look at history buddy. The prophets were JEWS. Muhammad came and hijacked these jewish prophets, changed their stories a bit and then claimed that they were all muslims.

Its one thing to claim.... Its another to actually be.

Both Judaism and Christianity is a misrepresentation of the teachings of two prophets, Jesus (Sas) and Moses(Sas), who's religion was islam as well.

Evidence? All the prophets were jewish buddy. They all submitted to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who is YHWH not Allah. Moses was a jew and Jesus was a Jew lol. Oh wait... We are supposed to believe everything Islam says because Muhammad said so right?? You do realise that the only authority on identifying who these persons were is the Judeo-christian faith? As. The Jews wrote about the prophets and the christians wrote about Jesus.

Islam just pops up out of nowhere and then claims that all these guys were muslims? Hmmm sounds suspect to me :)

Like I said, it's one thing to claim... Its another to actually be.

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 2:53:15 AM

Judaism is indisputably Abrahamic.

The patriarch and a major poet in Islam is Abraham.
The religion starts from his loins and Gods promise... It is Abrahamic religion.

Christianity is an offshoot of judaism as the first christians were all Jews who based their religion on the teachings of the Jewish prophets in the Hebrew bible, and on the teachings of a Jewish man, namely Jesus of Nazareth whom they believed to be the Jewish messiah.

False

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 2:56:13 AM

But you can say the same thing about the Hebrew Bible.
The story of Noah is not original, and many ancient cultures had an Adam and Eve story.
The jews copied those stories also yet claim they were divinely reveled just like Muhammad did.

You just do not understand either.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 2:57:42 AM
At 1/15/2012 1:20:51 PM, Wandile wrote:

Evidence?

Noah, and the Epic of Gilgamesh...
The copying of many traditions first established in Zoroastrianism including the monotheistic nature of the religion.