Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Creation

tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 2:09:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
What type of creation does everyone believe in?

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints belief on creation:

"Under the direction of Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ created the heavens and the earth (see Mosiah 3:8; Moses 2:1). From scripture revealed through the Prophet Joseph Smith, we know that in the work of the Creation, the Lord organized elements that had already existed (see Abraham 3:24). He did not create the world "out of nothing," as some people believe."
http://lds.org...

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints belief on creation is the only Christian belief on creation that fits with science.

Honest question, how can somebody believe in Ex Nihilo and the Big Bang?
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 2:22:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The concept I currently think is most likely is the Big Bang. Keep in mind, Big Bang theory doesn't address the cause of the Big Bang.

I think God manipulated energy to create the point of energy to such detail that the entire universe came about according to how he wanted it.

Why do you have a problem with Big Bang theory?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Floid
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 2:28:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't know, I guess kind of like some people believe God wants you to wear a particular pair of underwear when you enter a temple.
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 2:30:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/20/2012 2:22:25 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
The concept I currently think is most likely is the Big Bang. Keep in mind, Big Bang theory doesn't address the cause of the Big Bang.

I think God manipulated energy to create the point of energy to such detail that the entire universe came about according to how he wanted it.

Why do you have a problem with Big Bang theory?

Well, I do not like the show, therefore, the theory is false.

Just kidding, I have no problem with the Big Bang, I am actually undecided. To be honest, I haven't done enough study in that area to decide.

The Big Bang theory actually lines up greatly with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints belief on creation. Therefore, I lean towards accepting the Big Bang, since it is accepted by Science and fits with my religion.

The other Christian theory of creation Ex Nihilo does not line up with the Big Bang theory at all. Ex nihilo is believing that God created everything out of nothing. The Big Bang theory says that the universe expanded. Therefore, they can not coexist.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
joneszj
Posts: 1,202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 2:53:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/20/2012 2:09:45 PM, tyler90az wrote:
What type of creation does everyone believe in?

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints belief on creation:

"Under the direction of Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ created the heavens and the earth (see Mosiah 3:8; Moses 2:1). From scripture revealed through the Prophet Joseph Smith, we know that in the work of the Creation, the Lord organized elements that had already existed (see Abraham 3:24). He did not create the world "out of nothing," as some people believe."
http://lds.org...

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints belief on creation is the only Christian belief on creation that fits with science.

Honest question, how can somebody believe in Ex Nihilo and the Big Bang?

Honest question: how can you say "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints belief on creation is the only Christian belief on creation that fits with science. " then say: "how can somebody believe in Ex Nihilo and the Big Bang?" when the Big Bang theory IS the leading theory in science? N THEN........ I realized that you said Ex Nihilo and the Big Bang, as in together.

Well, Ex Nihilo explains the 'origin' of the universe and the big bang explains the 'development' of the early universe. They are not conflicting with each other alone.

As for my beliefs I believe God created everything as for the means I have no idea. Big bang? Quantum fluctuations? Idk lolz. I do however lean towards the Big bang :)
joneszj
Posts: 1,202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 2:58:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/20/2012 2:30:47 PM, tyler90az wrote:
At 1/20/2012 2:22:25 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
The concept I currently think is most likely is the Big Bang. Keep in mind, Big Bang theory doesn't address the cause of the Big Bang.

I think God manipulated energy to create the point of energy to such detail that the entire universe came about according to how he wanted it.

Why do you have a problem with Big Bang theory?

Well, I do not like the show, therefore, the theory is false.

Just kidding, I have no problem with the Big Bang, I am actually undecided. To be honest, I haven't done enough study in that area to decide.

The Big Bang theory actually lines up greatly with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints belief on creation. Therefore, I lean towards accepting the Big Bang, since it is accepted by Science and fits with my religion.

The other Christian theory of creation Ex Nihilo does not line up with the Big Bang theory at all. Ex nihilo is believing that God created everything out of nothing. The Big Bang theory says that the universe expanded. Therefore, they can not coexist.

How about God created everything from nothing (Ex Nihilo) and it expanded (Big Bang) via providence to be what it is now?
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 3:15:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/20/2012 2:58:46 PM, joneszj wrote:
At 1/20/2012 2:30:47 PM, tyler90az wrote:
At 1/20/2012 2:22:25 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
The concept I currently think is most likely is the Big Bang. Keep in mind, Big Bang theory doesn't address the cause of the Big Bang.

I think God manipulated energy to create the point of energy to such detail that the entire universe came about according to how he wanted it.

Why do you have a problem with Big Bang theory?

Well, I do not like the show, therefore, the theory is false.

Just kidding, I have no problem with the Big Bang, I am actually undecided. To be honest, I haven't done enough study in that area to decide.

The Big Bang theory actually lines up greatly with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints belief on creation. Therefore, I lean towards accepting the Big Bang, since it is accepted by Science and fits with my religion.

The other Christian theory of creation Ex Nihilo does not line up with the Big Bang theory at all. Ex nihilo is believing that God created everything out of nothing. The Big Bang theory says that the universe expanded. Therefore, they can not coexist.

How about God created everything from nothing (Ex Nihilo) and it expanded (Big Bang) via providence to be what it is now?

Big Bang is much more than just 'expansion'. Big Bang addresses exactly where all the matter came from. It states that all the matter and energy in the universe existed in a tiny point of energy.

I guess you could say God created that point of energy from nothing(but that doesn't agree with what we know scientifically).
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 3:26:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/20/2012 2:58:46 PM, joneszj wrote:
At 1/20/2012 2:30:47 PM, tyler90az wrote:
At 1/20/2012 2:22:25 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
The concept I currently think is most likely is the Big Bang. Keep in mind, Big Bang theory doesn't address the cause of the Big Bang.

I think God manipulated energy to create the point of energy to such detail that the entire universe came about according to how he wanted it.

Why do you have a problem with Big Bang theory?

Well, I do not like the show, therefore, the theory is false.

Just kidding, I have no problem with the Big Bang, I am actually undecided. To be honest, I haven't done enough study in that area to decide.

The Big Bang theory actually lines up greatly with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints belief on creation. Therefore, I lean towards accepting the Big Bang, since it is accepted by Science and fits with my religion.

The other Christian theory of creation Ex Nihilo does not line up with the Big Bang theory at all. Ex nihilo is believing that God created everything out of nothing. The Big Bang theory says that the universe expanded. Therefore, they can not coexist.

How about God created everything from nothing (Ex Nihilo) and it expanded (Big Bang) via providence to be what it is now?

Matter is nothing more than a form of energy, which has existed forever. So, when quantum particles spontaneously form, they are not derived from nothing; instead, they are simply converted bits of energy. Nuclear fission and binding energy proves this to be true.
Floid
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 9:13:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
How about God created everything from nothing (Ex Nihilo) and it expanded (Big Bang) via providence to be what it is now?

So since we can't answer one question (reduced to "why is there something instead of nothing"), lets make up an answer that leads to a whole bunch of new and even more unanswerable questions ("why is there a god instead of no god", "why is there just one god", "what created god", etc).

I don't see any benefit in doing that.
joneszj
Posts: 1,202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 10:38:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/20/2012 3:15:01 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 1/20/2012 2:58:46 PM, joneszj wrote:
At 1/20/2012 2:30:47 PM, tyler90az wrote:
At 1/20/2012 2:22:25 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
The concept I currently think is most likely is the Big Bang. Keep in mind, Big Bang theory doesn't address the cause of the Big Bang.

I think God manipulated energy to create the point of energy to such detail that the entire universe came about according to how he wanted it.

Why do you have a problem with Big Bang theory?

Well, I do not like the show, therefore, the theory is false.

Just kidding, I have no problem with the Big Bang, I am actually undecided. To be honest, I haven't done enough study in that area to decide.

The Big Bang theory actually lines up greatly with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints belief on creation. Therefore, I lean towards accepting the Big Bang, since it is accepted by Science and fits with my religion.

The other Christian theory of creation Ex Nihilo does not line up with the Big Bang theory at all. Ex nihilo is believing that God created everything out of nothing. The Big Bang theory says that the universe expanded. Therefore, they can not coexist.

How about God created everything from nothing (Ex Nihilo) and it expanded (Big Bang) via providence to be what it is now?

Big Bang is much more than just 'expansion'. Big Bang addresses exactly where all the matter came from. It states that all the matter and energy in the universe existed in a tiny point of energy.

It explains the origin of singularity?

"The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model that explains the early development of the Universe." http://en.wikipedia.org...

From what I gander it does not endeavor to explain the origin of the singularity. It simply models what occurs after the explosion. If it does explain the origin of the singularity would you mind posting a reference?

I guess you could say God created that point of energy from nothing(but that doesn't agree with what we know scientifically).

How? Quantum Vacuum Fluctuations? I know very VERY little about quantum mechanics but it is the only explanation that I know of that is widely accepted in the scientific community that 'could' contradict ex nihilo. However I do not see how it can be falsifiable. Further it states that energy existed prior to the singularity. Who is to prove that God did not create that energy that became the singularity? I know that this pre-singularity 'energy' does not need to comply to the physical laws generated of our universe but neither does God. If I am completely missunderstanding the concept please let me know where/how. Thanks :)