Romney's religion.

Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 7:41:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I just realised something.

Mitt Romney is meant to be the frontrunner for the Republican side of the Presidential Race this year.

Romney is openly Mormon. (The tw*t.)

Given that specific Republican states and voters seem to go into panic mode whenever any running politician is anything other than Christian-and-by-Christian-we-mean-the-same-type-of-Christian-as-us-Christian.

Does he have a chance? At all?

Even if Obama does something horrendously...no, actually, lets not make it easy on Barry, even if Obama spends the rest of the year doing horrendously stupid things, will any significant majority of Republican voters go for someone who is not a Christian?

I don't know about anyone else here but I am gonna have SUCH fun watching this election process.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 10:02:12 PM
What if Rommey was to see the light. Ya know, I just feel the lord is leading me away from morminism, Jesus is lord, Jesus changed my heart, now its ok to vote for me.

A little seeing the light on the road to Damascus would be politically advantageous, although I think its a bit late, to open to the charge that he just so happens to change his religion as he becomes the republican favorite. Should of done this before the races began.

Should of taken notes from George "Jesus changed my heart" bush.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 10:39:11 PM
At 1/21/2012 10:23:36 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Do you think Republicans would vote Obama over a Mormon?

That I really highly doubt since Republicans pretty much view Obama as the anti-christ, lol.
joneszj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 1:14:48 AM
At 1/21/2012 10:23:36 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Do you think Republicans would vote Obama over a Mormon?

I know some would. I don't think the majority of Republicans are as religiously as they are politically. So I do not think religion for most Republicans would be a major determining factor. Complete speculation though.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 4:15:06 AM
At 1/21/2012 7:41:38 PM, Veridas wrote:
I just realised something.

Mitt Romney is meant to be the frontrunner for the Republican side of the Presidential Race this year.

Romney is openly Mormon. (The tw*t.)

Given that specific Republican states and voters seem to go into panic mode whenever any running politician is anything other than Christian-and-by-Christian-we-mean-the-same-type-of-Christian-as-us-Christian.

Does he have a chance? At all?

Even if Obama does something horrendously...no, actually, lets not make it easy on Barry, even if Obama spends the rest of the year doing horrendously stupid things, will any significant majority of Republican voters go for someone who is not a Christian?

I don't know about anyone else here but I am gonna have SUCH fun watching this election process.

Go Newt! Yea!
The Cross.. the Cross.
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 5:54:40 AM
At 1/21/2012 10:02:12 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
What if Rommey was to see the light. Ya know, I just feel the lord is leading me away from morminism, Jesus is lord, Jesus changed my heart, now its ok to vote for me.

A little seeing the light on the road to Damascus would be politically advantageous, although I think its a bit late, to open to the charge that he just so happens to change his religion as he becomes the republican favorite. Should of done this before the races began.

Should of taken notes from George "Jesus changed my heart" bush.

That's the funny thing about it, the more I read about Romney, the more he seems to be the sort of guy who will wear any mask, tell any lie, to get into power. Except one regarding his religion.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that American Christians hold the theological view of their President as being massively important. Which means either Romney was never ever going to change the fact that people knew he was Mormon, or he thinks Mormons are numerous enough to win the election from their voting power.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 7:05:50 AM
At 1/22/2012 5:54:40 AM, Veridas wrote:
That's the funny thing about it, the more I read about Romney, the more he seems to be the sort of guy who will wear any mask, tell any lie, to get into power.

Yep.

I don't think he thinks his religion will be an issue; like someone said, I think the Right is willing to vote him over Obama so it doesn't matter.
President of DDO
MyVoiceInYourHead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 2:59:41 PM
I think Ron Paul is the best of a bad bunch. At least he is mistrustful of the current money creation process. The others haven't got a clue economically. Paul's Gold Standard desire is the wrong solution however.