Jump to topic:

Drugs?

lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 4:31:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Has anyone ever used marijuana- or any they drug for meditative perposes? I have never meditated on it, but I like to smoke and post topics on DDO. (:

If so, how did it go?
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 6:49:38 PM
At 1/23/2012 5:25:36 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
All I want to do on marijuana is fcuk.

You can call me. ;)
Lol I need to unplug the computer when I smoke... This was a Lot more intelligent to me when I first typed it.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 7:03:33 PM
Marijuana can cause the mind to think in routes that it otherwise wouldn't. The problem is, most aren't very scientific minded, so they tend to believe in the bullshyt they think of when high.

If people practiced sober meditation, they'd unlock the mind's natural medication.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 9:40:26 PM
At 1/23/2012 4:31:25 PM, lotus_flower wrote:
Has anyone ever used marijuana- or any they drug for meditative perposes? I have never meditated on it, but I like to smoke and post topics on DDO. (:

If so, how did it go?

Nope, all I wanted to do was get high. I knew half the crap I thought about when high was crap but it felt good and it took me away from the world for a while. The same with every other drug I ever used. Booze too.

For me it was nothing more then an escape from someone I hated. Me. Plain simple truth.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 7:26:05 AM

If so, how did it go?

All sin (relying on anything but God for your peace, wisdom etc) is pleasurable for a season.. But all fleshly pursuits are finite: we must connect with Him who is infinite!
The Cross.. the Cross.
MyVoiceInYourHead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 2:00:58 PM

If so, how did it go?

I smoked some pot once - but I didn't inhale.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 4:36:57 AM
At 1/29/2012 10:40:51 AM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
smoking herb is in no way a sin

That YOU decide what is right and wrong is the sin..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 4:40:30 AM
At 1/30/2012 4:36:57 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

How are you defining what is a sin? I hope it's not the bible, because I'm particularly fond of shellfish and polyester/cotton blends.
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 4:44:29 AM
At 1/30/2012 4:40:30 AM, Physik wrote:

How are you defining what is a sin? I hope it's not the bible, because I'm particularly fond of shellfish and polyester/cotton blends.

I'm not an OT Jew so they don't apply to me.. I am commanded to obey the law of the land.. And to look to Him for my peace, wisdom etc..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 4:54:56 AM
At 1/30/2012 4:44:29 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

I'm not an OT Jew so they don't apply to me.. I am commanded to obey the law of the land.. And to look to Him for my peace, wisdom etc..

Really? Because that old testament is part of essentially every Christian denomination in existence.
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 4:58:23 AM
At 1/30/2012 4:54:56 AM, Physik wrote:

Really? Because that old testament is part of essentially every Christian denomination in existence.

Come to think of it, isn't the basis of Christian rationale for declaring Christ the savior based on the Jewish interpretation of a Messiah?

Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 4:59:10 AM
At 1/30/2012 4:58:23 AM, Physik wrote:

Come to think of it, isn't the basis of Christian rationale for declaring Christ the savior based on the Jewish interpretation of the Messiah?

DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 5:00:16 AM

Why am I still surprised by your complete inability to grasp the simplest of spiritual matters? You cannot without His spirit! So He is glorified in all!

I love the OT and it is an essential part of my bible, that doesn't mean I'm under every law made for OT Jews.. Remember when Jesus said to Peter 'kill and eat'? In Acts?
The Cross.. the Cross.
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 5:04:53 AM
At 1/30/2012 5:00:16 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Why am I still surprised by your complete inability to grasp the simplest of spiritual matters? You cannot without His spirit! So He is glorified in all!

I love the OT and it is an essential part of my bible, that doesn't mean I'm under every law made for OT Jews.. Remember when Jesus said to Peter 'kill and eat'? In Acts?

So, you essentially pick and choose the parts that suit you? I mean, the abomination of shellfish and cotton/polyester blends is on equal grounds with the abomination of homosexuality.

I'm not trying to start a flame war, but you are essentially picking out the parts that suit your views, no?

DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 5:16:12 AM
At 1/30/2012 5:04:53 AM, Physik wrote:

So, you essentially pick and choose the parts that suit you? I mean, the abomination of shellfish and cotton/polyester blends is on equal grounds with the abomination of homosexuality.

I'm not trying to start a flame war, but you are essentially picking out the parts that suit your views, no?

The NT is my guide on these matters; it repeatedly speaks against sexual immorality and instructs us that food cannot make us impure..

Many of the OT commands were simple health issues; eating shellfish or pork is not good for you.. Washing hands/pots etc is..
But the Jews made these little things into their religion instead of love, mercy and justice etc..

Jesus came to put them right, hence the NT..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 5:29:28 AM
At 1/30/2012 5:16:12 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

The NT is my guide on these matters; it repeatedly speaks against sexual immorality and instructs us that food cannot make us impure..

Many of the OT commands were simple health issues; eating shellfish or pork is not good for you.. Washing hands/pots etc is..
But the Jews made these little things into their religion instead of love, mercy and justice etc..

How is eating shellfish or pork a health issue? How is wearing clothes made of two different types of material a health issue?

If that were true, wouldn't there be some kind of clarification in the new testament? Perhaps a little footnote from Jesus saying "The following texts are to be prioritized over everything preceding them."

Without such a reason, it seems a lot like you are simply selecting whatever passages conform to your preconceived notions and views.

DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 5:38:52 AM
At 1/30/2012 5:29:28 AM, Physik wrote:

How is eating shellfish or pork a health issue? How is wearing clothes made of two different types of material a health issue?

If that were true, wouldn't there be some kind of clarification in the new testament? Perhaps a little footnote from Jesus saying "The following texts are to be prioritized over everything preceding them."

Without such a reason, it seems a lot like you are simply selecting whatever passages conform to your preconceived notions and views.

Shellfish are literal 'bottom feeders' and so consume all the filth of the oceans and pigs eat their own faeces.. So they are 'filthy' in this sense.. I don't pretend to understand every law, nor do I need to..

The NT has no need of footnotes etc -it is crystal clear..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 2:22:37 PM
At 1/30/2012 5:38:52 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Shellfish are literal 'bottom feeders' and so consume all the filth of the oceans and pigs eat their own faeces.. So they are 'filthy' in this sense.. I don't pretend to understand every law, nor do I need to..

By that logic, we must refrain from vegetables... did you know they grow in dirt? How 'filthy' of them. Also, one would assume that if your holy, infallible and utterly true word of god contains a law, you should probably understand it.

No, it is not. The reason why someone must adhere utterly to the new testament while selectively picking bits of the old testament to suit themselves is not clear at all.

DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 3:45:08 PM
At 1/30/2012 2:22:37 PM, Physik wrote:

By that logic, we must refrain from vegetables... did you know they grow in dirt? How 'filthy' of them. Also, one would assume that if your holy, infallible and utterly true word of god contains a law, you should probably understand it.

No, it is not. The reason why someone must adhere utterly to the new testament while selectively picking bits of the old testament to suit themselves is not clear at all.

Dirt, which is washed off a vegetable, cannot be compared to the consumption of faeces.. Your vitriol is making you oppose rather than debate, and your answers are, well.. Silly.

We know which bits orchid OT to take or reject by following Jesus' commands:

" Are you still so dull? Don't you know that nothing that goes into a man can make him unclean? "
The Cross.. the Cross.
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 10:08:55 PM

I have never agreed with you more!!
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 10:20:35 PM
At 1/30/2012 3:45:08 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 1/30/2012 2:22:37 PM, Physik wrote:

Dirt, which is washed off a vegetable, cannot be compared to the consumption of faeces.. Your vitriol is making you oppose rather than debate, and your answers are, well.. Silly.

You understand that manure is widely used as fertilizer, right?

We know which bits orchid OT to take or reject by following Jesus' commands:

" Are you still so dull? Don't you know that nothing that goes into a man can make him unclean? "

That's awfully selective of you.

lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 6:55:30 AM
At 2/5/2012 2:17:41 AM, Atheism wrote:
Why is this in the religion section?

I was high... I don't remember my reasoning. Lol
I think maybe because I usually hang in this section, and I was talking about meditation... But I could be wrong.
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 7:02:26 AM
At 1/25/2012 9:40:26 PM, jharry wrote:

If so, how did it go?

Nope, all I wanted to do was get high. I knew half the crap I thought about when high was crap but it felt good and it took me away from the world for a while. The same with every other drug I ever used. Booze too.

For me it was nothing more then an escape from someone I hated. Me. Plain simple truth.

No man, it isn't crap.

"When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself."
-bob marley
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 8:14:14 AM
"MY ARROWS ARE MADE OF DESIRE, DESIRE FROM FAR AWAY AS JUPITER SULFUR MINES WAY DOWN BY THE METHANE SEA. I HAVE A HUMMING BIRD AND IT HUMS SO LOUD, YOU THINK YOU WERE LOSING YOUR MIND. I FLOAT IN LIQUID GARDENS WAY DOWN IN ARIZONA RED SAND. I TASTE THE HONEY FROM THE FLOWER NAMED BLUE, WAY OUT IN CALIFORNIA AND THEN NEW YORK DROWNS AS WE HOLD HANDS." - Jimi Hendrix

Drugs are awesome. If I didn't have severe allergic reactions to it, I'd do aspirin everyday like Jimi Hendrix. Good for your heart, you know.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 1:58:53 PM
At 2/5/2012 8:14:14 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
"MY ARROWS ARE MADE OF DESIRE, DESIRE FROM FAR AWAY AS JUPITER SULFUR MINES WAY DOWN BY THE METHANE SEA. I HAVE A HUMMING BIRD AND IT HUMS SO LOUD, YOU THINK YOU WERE LOSING YOUR MIND. I FLOAT IN LIQUID GARDENS WAY DOWN IN ARIZONA RED SAND. I TASTE THE HONEY FROM THE FLOWER NAMED BLUE, WAY OUT IN CALIFORNIA AND THEN NEW YORK DROWNS AS WE HOLD HANDS." - Jimi Hendrix

Drugs are awesome. If I didn't have severe allergic reactions to it, I'd do aspirin everyday like Jimi Hendrix. Good for your heart, you know.

I love drugs, too. I sorta miss my experimental phase, drinking and doing whatever drug I could get ahold of. Now all I do is snake marijuana... The only other drug I have recently done was Molly (MDMA) when I went to go see skrillex.