Total Posts:184|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why Atheists Are Wrong About Evolution *

Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 1:07:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think that his argument refers to abiogenesis not evolution. In fact, the entire hypothetical scenario about the cell and the removal of the intrinsic substance of the cell and the inability to put it back together refers to more of the rise of cells from non-living materials, not evolution....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 1:20:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 1:07:13 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I think that his argument refers to abiogenesis not evolution. In fact, the entire hypothetical scenario about the cell and the removal of the intrinsic substance of the cell and the inability to put it back together refers to more of the rise of cells from non-living materials, not evolution....

Evolution is false secular propaganda. And I think that the Earth because of the remains of humans more than anything else, is only about 10,000 years old at best. Give or take a few thousand years less.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 1:23:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 1:20:12 PM, inferno wrote:
At 1/24/2012 1:07:13 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I think that his argument refers to abiogenesis not evolution. In fact, the entire hypothetical scenario about the cell and the removal of the intrinsic substance of the cell and the inability to put it back together refers to more of the rise of cells from non-living materials, not evolution....

Evolution is false secular propaganda.
Please offer proof that evolution was instituted as "propaganda".
And I think that the Earth because of the remains of humans more than anything else, is only about 10,000 years old at best.
So you're estimating the age of the earth based on the length of time humans have occupied the earth?

Oh dear.............
Give or take a few thousand years less.
................
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 1:46:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 1:23:38 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 1/24/2012 1:20:12 PM, inferno wrote:
At 1/24/2012 1:07:13 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I think that his argument refers to abiogenesis not evolution. In fact, the entire hypothetical scenario about the cell and the removal of the intrinsic substance of the cell and the inability to put it back together refers to more of the rise of cells from non-living materials, not evolution....

Evolution is false secular propaganda.
Please offer proof that evolution was instituted as "propaganda".
And I think that the Earth because of the remains of humans more than anything else, is only about 10,000 years old at best.
So you're estimating the age of the earth based on the length of time humans have occupied the earth?

Oh dear.............
Give or take a few thousand years less.
................

Propaganda that came from secualrists who are only interested in getting people like you to NOT believe in God. They exist my friend.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 1:47:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 1:23:38 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 1/24/2012 1:20:12 PM, inferno wrote:
At 1/24/2012 1:07:13 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I think that his argument refers to abiogenesis not evolution. In fact, the entire hypothetical scenario about the cell and the removal of the intrinsic substance of the cell and the inability to put it back together refers to more of the rise of cells from non-living materials, not evolution....

Evolution is false secular propaganda.
Please offer proof that evolution was instituted as "propaganda".
And I think that the Earth because of the remains of humans more than anything else, is only about 10,000 years old at best.
So you're estimating the age of the earth based on the length of time humans have occupied the earth?

Oh dear.............
Give or take a few thousand years less.
................

Yes. God created Man a few days after He created Earth. Simple.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 1:57:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The argument in the video is wrong because it presumes that there is no natural process by which chemicals can be organized into structures. A simple example is snowflakes. Suppose we take some snowflakes and melt them in pure water. They are gone and there is no way that they are going to reemerge from the water ... right? What are the chances that the molecules will randomly arrange themselves into the form of a snow flake? Of course there is in fact a way. In an atmosphere at the right temperature and humidity, snowflakes form naturally due to simple laws of nature.

In the case of abiogenesis, one popular theory is that chemical active mineral surfaces caused amino acids to link in certain ways as they adhered to the surface. Any molecule that uses energy to replicate itself is capable of evolution, so something doesn't have to be alive for evolution to cause it to improve in the direction of life. Viruses are borderline cases between living and nonliving materials. They an be crystallized, but they replicate with RNA. Variations that better survive in their environment are preserved, living or not.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 2:07:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 1:57:17 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
The argument in the video is wrong because it presumes that there is no natural process by which chemicals can be organized into structures. A simple example is snowflakes. Suppose we take some snowflakes and melt them in pure water. They are gone and there is no way that they are going to reemerge from the water ... right? What are the chances that the molecules will randomly arrange themselves into the form of a snow flake? Of course there is in fact a way. In an atmosphere at the right temperature and humidity, snowflakes form naturally due to simple laws of nature.

In the case of abiogenesis, one popular theory is that chemical active mineral surfaces caused amino acids to link in certain ways as they adhered to the surface. Any molecule that uses energy to replicate itself is capable of evolution, so something doesn't have to be alive for evolution to cause it to improve in the direction of life. Viruses are borderline cases between living and nonliving materials. They an be crystallized, but they replicate with RNA. Variations that better survive in their environment are preserved, living or not.

False. This is only a theory, that again cannot be proven. If evolution was true, then why have we stopped evolving. We look the same as we did, when the Earth was created. Our standards of living have advanced greatly, as well as our minds.
This whole notion that we just turned into these streamlined beings through time sounds like force secularism which is nothing more than desperate.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 2:12:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 2:07:52 PM, inferno wrote:
At 1/24/2012 1:57:17 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
The argument in the video is wrong because it presumes that there is no natural process by which chemicals can be organized into structures. A simple example is snowflakes. Suppose we take some snowflakes and melt them in pure water. They are gone and there is no way that they are going to reemerge from the water ... right? What are the chances that the molecules will randomly arrange themselves into the form of a snow flake? Of course there is in fact a way. In an atmosphere at the right temperature and humidity, snowflakes form naturally due to simple laws of nature.

In the case of abiogenesis, one popular theory is that chemical active mineral surfaces caused amino acids to link in certain ways as they adhered to the surface. Any molecule that uses energy to replicate itself is capable of evolution, so something doesn't have to be alive for evolution to cause it to improve in the direction of life. Viruses are borderline cases between living and nonliving materials. They an be crystallized, but they replicate with RNA. Variations that better survive in their environment are preserved, living or not.

False. This is only a theory, that again cannot be proven. If evolution was true, then why have we stopped evolving. We look the same as we did, when the Earth was created. Our standards of living have advanced greatly, as well as our minds.
This whole notion that we just turned into these streamlined beings through time sounds like force secularism which is nothing more than desperate.

Roy is completely correct, and your post is completely nonresponsive to it.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 2:13:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 2:12:20 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:07:52 PM, inferno wrote:
At 1/24/2012 1:57:17 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
The argument in the video is wrong because it presumes that there is no natural process by which chemicals can be organized into structures. A simple example is snowflakes. Suppose we take some snowflakes and melt them in pure water. They are gone and there is no way that they are going to reemerge from the water ... right? What are the chances that the molecules will randomly arrange themselves into the form of a snow flake? Of course there is in fact a way. In an atmosphere at the right temperature and humidity, snowflakes form naturally due to simple laws of nature.

In the case of abiogenesis, one popular theory is that chemical active mineral surfaces caused amino acids to link in certain ways as they adhered to the surface. Any molecule that uses energy to replicate itself is capable of evolution, so something doesn't have to be alive for evolution to cause it to improve in the direction of life. Viruses are borderline cases between living and nonliving materials. They an be crystallized, but they replicate with RNA. Variations that better survive in their environment are preserved, living or not.

False. This is only a theory, that again cannot be proven. If evolution was true, then why have we stopped evolving. We look the same as we did, when the Earth was created. Our standards of living have advanced greatly, as well as our minds.
This whole notion that we just turned into these streamlined beings through time sounds like force secularism which is nothing more than desperate.

Roy is completely correct, and your post is completely nonresponsive to it.

Wrong. He is only correct in your sense of the word and your selectiveness.
But to myself and to many others, he is wrong.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 2:19:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 2:14:33 PM, inferno wrote:
In reality noone takes what you Atheists say seriously. And that is because they know a whole lot about nothing. Simple. =)

Yeah, that is why Creationism is taught in schools around the globe and nobody learns about Evolution in Biology 101. We all learn about how God created the Earth and made animals to be the slaves of humans.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 2:23:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 2:19:38 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:14:33 PM, inferno wrote:
In reality noone takes what you Atheists say seriously. And that is because they know a whole lot about nothing. Simple. =)

Yeah, that is why Creationism is taught in schools around the globe and nobody learns about Evolution in Biology 101. We all learn about how God created the Earth and made animals to be the slaves of humans.

So it is taught in schools. Big deal. That has nothing to do with its legitimacy or influence historically speaking.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 2:47:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Atheists also have to understand that experience has a sense of realism that goes beyond their own comprehension. For whatever reason, they have so many limitations upon themselves. They have such small planes of thought, because anything outside of their way of thinking is just too much.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 2:50:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 2:23:11 PM, inferno wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:19:38 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:14:33 PM, inferno wrote:
In reality noone takes what you Atheists say seriously. And that is because they know a whole lot about nothing. Simple. =)

Yeah, that is why Creationism is taught in schools around the globe and nobody learns about Evolution in Biology 101. We all learn about how God created the Earth and made animals to be the slaves of humans.

So it is taught in schools. Big deal. That has nothing to do with its legitimacy or influence historically speaking.

Your argument is that evolution and atheist ideas are flawed because nobody believes them. I was simply pointing out that this idea is not true.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 2:50:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 2:47:38 PM, inferno wrote:
Atheists also have to understand that experience has a sense of realism that goes beyond their own comprehension. For whatever reason, they have so many limitations upon themselves. They have such small planes of thought, because anything outside of their way of thinking is just too much.

No, that would be the followers of most religions.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 2:56:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 2:50:10 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:23:11 PM, inferno wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:19:38 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:14:33 PM, inferno wrote:
In reality noone takes what you Atheists say seriously. And that is because they know a whole lot about nothing. Simple. =)

Yeah, that is why Creationism is taught in schools around the globe and nobody learns about Evolution in Biology 101. We all learn about how God created the Earth and made animals to be the slaves of humans.

So it is taught in schools. Big deal. That has nothing to do with its legitimacy or influence historically speaking.

Your argument is that evolution and atheist ideas are flawed because nobody believes them. I was simply pointing out that this idea is not true.

Not because most people do not believe them. But because it does not equate or correlate with the dynamics of the universe. It all seems made up if you ask me.
Selective arguments organized in an intelligent manner based on an idea or theory or man.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 2:58:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 2:50:33 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:47:38 PM, inferno wrote:
Atheists also have to understand that experience has a sense of realism that goes beyond their own comprehension. For whatever reason, they have so many limitations upon themselves. They have such small planes of thought, because anything outside of their way of thinking is just too much.

No, that would be the followers of most religions.

But this is not about what religion says. It is about what the world says. And even if we were not taught or raised in Biblical teachings, there are those who still believe. The reason why we believe is beyond you. You are not allowing yourself access to the possibility of it all. And it is never as simple as you like to put it my dear friend. This issue is quite complex.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 3:28:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 2:14:33 PM, inferno wrote:
In reality noone takes what you Atheists say seriously. And that is because they know a whole lot about nothing. Simple. =)

I'm not an atheist, but your idiotic theories about evolution have been proven wrong sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many times.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 3:32:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 2:19:38 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:14:33 PM, inferno wrote:
In reality noone takes what you Atheists say seriously. And that is because they know a whole lot about nothing. Simple. =)

Yeah, that is why Creationism is taught in schools around the globe and nobody learns about Evolution in Biology 101. We all learn about how God created the Earth and made animals to be the slaves of humans.

I'm not going to get involved with this, but what your saying is cause its taught in schools, it must be true.

Therefore, Communism is utter bull.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 3:35:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 3:32:59 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:19:38 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:14:33 PM, inferno wrote:
In reality noone takes what you Atheists say seriously. And that is because they know a whole lot about nothing. Simple. =)

Yeah, that is why Creationism is taught in schools around the globe and nobody learns about Evolution in Biology 101. We all learn about how God created the Earth and made animals to be the slaves of humans.

I'm not going to get involved with this, but what your saying is cause its taught in schools, it must be true.

Therefore, Communism is utter bull.

There was really no need to correct her there. Atheists like to think that secular institutions are accurate because they follow the ideology of the status quo.
But we all know that science is every bit as fallible as anything else man-made.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 3:39:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 3:32:59 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:19:38 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:14:33 PM, inferno wrote:
In reality noone takes what you Atheists say seriously. And that is because they know a whole lot about nothing. Simple. =)

Yeah, that is why Creationism is taught in schools around the globe and nobody learns about Evolution in Biology 101. We all learn about how God created the Earth and made animals to be the slaves of humans.

I'm not going to get involved with this, but what your saying is cause its taught in schools, it must be true.

Therefore, Communism is utter bull.

No, that was what inferno was saying . . .

And communism is taught in higher universities across the globe, including U.S. universities, so FAIL.
Physik
Posts: 686
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 3:40:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 3:39:19 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/24/2012 3:32:59 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:19:38 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:14:33 PM, inferno wrote:
In reality noone takes what you Atheists say seriously. And that is because they know a whole lot about nothing. Simple. =)

Yeah, that is why Creationism is taught in schools around the globe and nobody learns about Evolution in Biology 101. We all learn about how God created the Earth and made animals to be the slaves of humans.

I'm not going to get involved with this, but what your saying is cause its taught in schools, it must be true.

Therefore, Communism is utter bull.

No, that was what inferno was saying . . .

And communism is taught in higher universities across the globe, including U.S. universities, so FAIL.

Hell, it's taught in my Catholic high school...
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 3:40:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 3:35:32 PM, inferno wrote:
At 1/24/2012 3:32:59 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:19:38 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:14:33 PM, inferno wrote:
In reality noone takes what you Atheists say seriously. And that is because they know a whole lot about nothing. Simple. =)

Yeah, that is why Creationism is taught in schools around the globe and nobody learns about Evolution in Biology 101. We all learn about how God created the Earth and made animals to be the slaves of humans.

I'm not going to get involved with this, but what your saying is cause its taught in schools, it must be true.

Therefore, Communism is utter bull.

There was really no need to correct her there. Atheists like to think that secular institutions are accurate because they follow the ideology of the status quo.
But we all know that science is every bit as fallible as anything else man-made.

Don't mind Inferno. He wishes to troll and to forsake reasoning, intelligence, cognizance, and even language in his pursuit/goal.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 3:41:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 3:39:19 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/24/2012 3:32:59 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:19:38 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:14:33 PM, inferno wrote:
In reality noone takes what you Atheists say seriously. And that is because they know a whole lot about nothing. Simple. =)

Yeah, that is why Creationism is taught in schools around the globe and nobody learns about Evolution in Biology 101. We all learn about how God created the Earth and made animals to be the slaves of humans.

I'm not going to get involved with this, but what your saying is cause its taught in schools, it must be true.

Therefore, Communism is utter bull.

No, that was what inferno was saying . . .

And communism is taught in higher universities across the globe, including U.S. universities, so FAIL.

Hmm, well that's a fail on the universities then.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 3:47:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/24/2012 3:39:19 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/24/2012 3:32:59 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:19:38 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/24/2012 2:14:33 PM, inferno wrote:
In reality noone takes what you Atheists say seriously. And that is because they know a whole lot about nothing. Simple. =)

Yeah, that is why Creationism is taught in schools around the globe and nobody learns about Evolution in Biology 101. We all learn about how God created the Earth and made animals to be the slaves of humans.

I'm not going to get involved with this, but what your saying is cause its taught in schools, it must be true.

Therefore, Communism is utter bull.

No, that was what inferno was saying . . .

And communism is taught in higher universities across the globe, including U.S. universities, so FAIL.

That is still irrelevent and does not make it a legitimate resolve. The Atheist demographic is only below 10% of the world's population. I think most of us have reasons for why we do believe in what we do here. And with that being said, it goes beyond religion and popularity. This is a complex issue that you have yet to grasp.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 3:47:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Wow, guys. Can you read?

Inferno said: "In reality noone takes what you Atheists say seriously. And that is because they know a whole lot about nothing. Simple. =)"

My argument was a link-turn on his fallacious reasoning. I proved that obviously people do take evolution seriously because it is taught in schools around the globe. THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT IS TRUE: WHAT IT DOES MEAN WAS THAT A PREMISE OF HIS ARGUMENT WAS FLAWED.

His overall argument is nothing more than an appeal to the masses, which is a logical fallacy.