Total Posts:44|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

So called christians worship black(ish) man!

Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 3:59:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
bbc_news: (Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk...)

Extracts -

Traditional depictions

Dr Goodacre was involved in the reconstruction of a Middle Eastern first century skull for the BBC's Son of God programme in 2001, which resulted in a suggestion of what a man like Jesus might have looked like. He advised on hair and skin colour.

"The hair was the easiest - there's a reference in Paul which says it's disgraceful for a man to wear long hair, so it looks pretty sure that people of that period had to have reasonably short hair. The traditional depictions of Jesus with long flowing golden hair are probably inaccurate."
Deciding on skin colour was more difficult, though. But the earliest depictions of Jews, which date from the 3rd Century, are - as far as can be determined - dark-skinned.

"We do seem to have a relatively dark skinned Jesus. In contemporary parlance I think the safest thing is to talk about Jesus as 'a man of colour'." This probably means olive-coloured, he says.

Oops!

So forget the BS propaganda pictures, idols, depictions of a long-blonde-haired, blue-eyed person and instead, should it have literally existed outside of Story book land, it would have been - Black(ish) - dark skinned, Short dark-hair, Brown-eyed and stocky, shortish jewish build!
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 5:17:51 AM
This has been well known to anyone with a six grade education in World Civ. What's your point?
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Wandile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 11:17:16 AM
So what effect does this have on Christianity? We don't worship the statues and paintings of him. Besides anyone who has any common sense would know that Jesus was a man of colour, most probably olive skinned like the Palestinians. This would make the most sense as Jesus was from Palestine. I don't really care how he looked and neither should any sensible christian. What matters are his words left behind.
"Possibly deluded.... no way to confirm the veracity. That is an extraordinary claim to suggest billions the world over and throughout history are deluded. Proof?
Also if you actually believe these Billions of historical Christians are deluded, what gives you a warrant to special plead you are not equally self deluded within your own views? Sounds like self contradictory belief system you are under." - Gileandos

The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice - Proverb
Mr.Infidel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 12:03:07 PM
A piece of all the racist Christians has died
Please donate to the following ENDANGERED SPECIES!
Preciousness of life.
Family structure.
Family values. 

Disarm a liberal. Vote for values.

Opinions of this signature are those of G-d's and any of His affiliates.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 12:16:45 PM
So? Already know
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 1:14:02 PM
At 1/27/2012 3:59:54 AM, Composer wrote:
bbc_news: (Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk...)

Extracts -

Traditional depictions

Dr Goodacre was involved in the reconstruction of a Middle Eastern first century skull for the BBC's Son of God programme in 2001, which resulted in a suggestion of what a man like Jesus might have looked like. He advised on hair and skin colour.

"The hair was the easiest - there's a reference in Paul which says it's disgraceful for a man to wear long hair, so it looks pretty sure that people of that period had to have reasonably short hair. The traditional depictions of Jesus with long flowing golden hair are probably inaccurate."
Deciding on skin colour was more difficult, though. But the earliest depictions of Jews, which date from the 3rd Century, are - as far as can be determined - dark-skinned.

"We do seem to have a relatively dark skinned Jesus. In contemporary parlance I think the safest thing is to talk about Jesus as 'a man of colour'." This probably means olive-coloured, he says.

Oops!

So forget the BS propaganda pictures, idols, depictions of a long-blonde-haired, blue-eyed person and instead, should it have literally existed outside of Story book land, it would have been - Black(ish) - dark skinned, Short dark-hair, Brown-eyed and stocky, shortish jewish build!

Do you assume all Christians are white, ignorant racists? Oh no our savior has dark skin! I have known this for years and have no problem with it. And I am sure most Christians know this. I am a little offended that you think we are all so so ignorant and racist.

Also these are not propaganda pictures. Artist frequently depicted Jesus as their own race. There are picture of Jesus in China where Jesus has Chinese features. Africans typically depict Jesus as African. In olden days people were separated by race. My guess is they wanted to feel a racial closeness with Jesus.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 1:17:15 PM
At 1/27/2012 1:14:02 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Also these are not propaganda pictures. Artist frequently depicted Jesus as their own race. There are picture of Jesus in China where Jesus has Chinese features. Africans typically depict Jesus as African. In olden days people were separated by race. My guess is they wanted to feel a racial closeness with Jesus.

I was just about to mention something about that. Jesus is often depicted as white since it's generally thought of as a European religion(or black in Africa, etc) and I guess they can feel more connected to somebody of the same race.
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 1:33:31 PM
Well, Jesus certainly wasn't European. He wouldn't be light-skinned and fair-haired with blue eyes. This proves nothing.
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 1:38:38 PM
What point are you trying to make? This is common knowledge, stop trying to make us out as stupid and racist.

Obviously he is going to be a man of middle eastern decent... He's technically Israeli by today's standards.

What's your point?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 1:40:19 PM
At 1/27/2012 1:38:38 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
What point are you trying to make? This is common knowledge, stop trying to make us out as stupid and racist.

Obviously he is going to be a man of middle eastern decent... He's technically Israeli by today's standards.

What's your point?

1. He was actually more African than Israeli.

2. People like JT claim that "whites" brought Christianity to the world. This is a counterargument.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 1:42:46 PM
At 1/27/2012 1:40:19 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

What's your point?

2. People like JT claim that "whites" brought Christianity to the world. This is a counterargument.

Well the Romans are the one's who officially spread the relgion farther than it ever would have on its own so in a sense he's right from a certain point of view.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 1:54:41 PM
At 1/27/2012 1:42:46 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

What's your point?

Well the Romans are the one's who officially spread the relgion farther than it ever would have on its own so in a sense he's right from a certain point of view.

Perhaps, but the Romans did not create the values behind the religion, and you do not worship the Romans. You worship the man behind the religion, Jesus.
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 2:03:46 PM
At 1/27/2012 1:54:41 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/27/2012 1:42:46 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

What's your point?

Perhaps, but the Romans did not create the values behind the religion, and you do not worship the Romans. You worship the man behind the religion, Jesus.

And your point is?
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 2:54:23 PM
At 1/27/2012 2:08:16 PM, Rusty wrote:
Did anybody here not already know this?...

I think everyone here knows this. Composer apparently thinks all Christians are racist dumba$$es...
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 2:58:55 PM

Perhaps God is white o.0
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 3:09:01 PM
At 1/27/2012 2:08:16 PM, Rusty wrote:
Did anybody here not already know this?...

Srsly.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 3:11:23 PM
At 1/27/2012 2:58:55 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Perhaps God is white o.0

Interesting.

If God were energy, this might be semi-possible... in a sense.

God = infinite
energy = infinite
Therefore, God = energy

Considering that Energy pure light, God certainly would not hold any darkness; that would contradict his very nature. So it could only mean the contrary...

I'm not advocating that God is white in ethnic terms, but that God is without darkness. In a sense, he would be colourless. Yet, white and black are the absence of colour, we know he is not darkness -- so that only leaves one conclusion... You do the math.
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 3:12:27 PM
At 1/27/2012 3:11:23 PM, Buckethead31594 wrote:
At 1/27/2012 2:58:55 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Perhaps God is white o.0

Interesting.

If God were energy, this might be semi-possible... in a sense.

God = infinite
energy = infinite
Therefore, God = energy

Considering that Energy pure light, God certainly would not hold any darkness; that would contradict his very nature. So it could only mean the contrary...

I'm not advocating that God is white in ethnic terms, but that God is without darkness. In a sense, he would be colourless. Yet, white and black are the absence of colour, we know he is not darkness -- so that only leaves one conclusion... You do the math.

Black is not the lack of colour, I didn't mean to include that in the sentence.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 8:37:55 PM
There are numerous ' points ' to my raising this Topic.

e.g. Those claiming to be christians but depicting this Story book jesus as anything other than, Short Dark-haired, dark(ish) - Olive skinned, Brown-eyed and of Jewish stock, are misrepresenting its accurate portrayal IF it had ever literally existed outside of Story book bible land.

Asian - Chinese groups & Cults depiciting a Chinese looking Story book jesus, are being dishonest and deceiving their followers and all others!

White Europeans depicting their Story book jesus as White-skinned, long Blondish hair, Blue-eyed are also dishonest and liars deceiving their congregation and outsiders!

The catholics would be one prime example of liars & deceivers, because I was recently informed their depictions usually vary according to the locations of their gullible congregations i.e. They do not depict a uniform accurate portrayal throughout their various world-wide churches etc. (The fact they depict it at all also using various idols & graven-images in total contradiction to their bibles is another matter perhaps these disobedient catgholics may wish to present their excuses for doing so in another Thread?)

Bottom-Line: As long as those ' claiming ' to be believers understand that IF this Story book character had literally existed; it would NOT be White-skinned, NOT be with long flowing Blondish-hair & NOT Blue-eyed but definitely of Jewish stock!

So IF there are any out there falsely depicting this Story book character, please contact your own or nearest Cult, and inform them of their dishonesty & deception and get it put right, and by ' putting it right ' I mean to tear down ALL depictions because this Story book character also in reality, never literally existed outside of Story book Land.

Thank you
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 12:01:37 AM
At 1/27/2012 8:37:55 PM, Composer wrote:
There are numerous ' points ' to my raising this Topic.

e.g. Those claiming to be christians but depicting this Story book jesus as anything other than, Short Dark-haired, dark(ish) - Olive skinned, Brown-eyed and of Jewish stock, are misrepresenting its accurate portrayal IF it had ever literally existed outside of Story book bible land.

Asian - Chinese groups & Cults depiciting a Chinese looking Story book jesus, are being dishonest and deceiving their followers and all others!

White Europeans depicting their Story book jesus as White-skinned, long Blondish hair, Blue-eyed are also dishonest and liars deceiving their congregation and outsiders!

The catholics would be one prime example of liars & deceivers, because I was recently informed their depictions usually vary according to the locations of their gullible congregations i.e. They do not depict a uniform accurate portrayal throughout their various world-wide churches etc. (The fact they depict it at all also using various idols & graven-images in total contradiction to their bibles is another matter perhaps these disobedient catgholics may wish to present their excuses for doing so in another Thread?)

Bottom-Line: As long as those ' claiming ' to be believers understand that IF this Story book character had literally existed; it would NOT be White-skinned, NOT be with long flowing Blondish-hair & NOT Blue-eyed but definitely of Jewish stock!

So IF there are any out there falsely depicting this Story book character, please contact your own or nearest Cult, and inform them of their dishonesty & deception and get it put right, and by ' putting it right ' I mean to tear down ALL depictions because this Story book character also in reality, never literally existed outside of Story book Land.

Thank you

Idolatry is the worship of graven images. Catholics don't do that. Oh and Jesus really existed. There are Roman records and witness reports that state that. Whether or not he was divine...
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 1:29:15 AM
At 1/28/2012 12:01:37 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Idolatry is the worship of graven images. Catholics don't do that.
I shall start a New Thread regarding your ' Idols & Graven images in the catholic cult churches. ' (Title)

At 1/28/2012 12:01:37 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote: Oh and Jesus really existed. There are Roman records and witness reports that state that. Whether or not he was divine...
You can start a New Thread along with what legitimate supportive evidence you ' think ' you have? Please advise of its location &/Title?
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 8:25:25 PM
At 1/27/2012 3:59:54 AM, Composer wrote:

Oops!

The Fool: do you know how racist this makes you sound. what is your intention behind that.. are you self consious .. do you not feel worthy enought..,
The fool: Hate is hate .. minority or not.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 8:33:37 PM
The man known as Jesus was a Palestinian Jew (who started an entire new religion)....since he was from Palestine he would be darker skinned....

I don't understand what the problem is with this...
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 8:34:56 PM
Also, when people, who believe in God, think of what God would "look like" they imagine an image of themselves....it's human psychology.....
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 8:51:53 PM
Olived skinned. Does it matter though?
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 11:30:22 PM
At 1/31/2012 8:51:53 PM, 16kadams wrote:
If this mythical biblical character had literally existed, olive-skinned at least yes!

However those such as catholics that misreprent it as varying across their churches from ' Yellow-skinned ' in China, ' Black ' in African countries and Blue-eyed, blonde hair and White skinned in European countries demonstrates how dishonest and deceitful they are in order to placate their worldly followers and dupe them to believe all those depictions are legitimate when they are absolutely not!

They are liars and deceivers!
joneszj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 11:34:51 PM
At 1/31/2012 11:30:22 PM, Composer wrote:
If this mythical biblical character had literally existed, olive-skinned at least yes!

However those such as catholics that misreprent it as varying across their churches from ' Yellow-skinned ' in China, ' Black ' in African countries and Blue-eyed, blonde hair and White skinned in European countries demonstrates how dishonest and deceitful they are in order to placate their worldly followers and dupe them to believe all those depictions are legitimate when they are absolutely not!

Interesting. I do not know if I would go as far to say they intentionally fabricated false pictorial representations of Christ to mislead the masses to their agendas. One, the majority of these 'pictures' were not fabricated by institutions. At least not that I am aware of. They were made by the average artist. I think they were simply Biblicaly illiterate.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2012 12:39:34 AM

Who cares what his skin lookes like.. we are not even sure he existed. let alone what his tint was.. Its not like he modeled for that painting.. lol..
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2012 12:56:26 AM

It is called artistic license Composer. Artist did this so the audience in their countries would elicit a greater response from the audience.

It is natural for people to feel closer to people of their own race. And besides, it does not matter what he looked like. What matters is that the image is a representation of our Lord.