Jump to topic:

Inferno

Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 7:59:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why does he never debate, but just does comments? I mean, other than the single one he did - which he lost quite badly. Is that the only reason?
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 8:05:10 PM
I personally don't care for formal debate. Ultimately, I find it to be counterproductive towards meaningful discussion.

At least on the forums, genuine communication can happen.. however uncommon.

Inferno is probably a different story. You don't know him very well. Hehehe
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 9:01:45 PM
Yeah I kinda think we should be able to ban those who don't debate and don't engage in meaningful discussion. He never backs up what he says. It's infuriating and I think if we banned izbo we should ban him too.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 9:04:35 PM
At 1/27/2012 9:01:45 PM, rogue wrote:
Yeah I kinda think we should be able to ban those who don't debate and don't engage in meaningful discussion. He never backs up what he says. It's infuriating and I think if we banned izbo we should ban him too.

Inferno is also a multiaccounter; he posted a racist thread under the moniker "TinaShaniqua" in the Society forum.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 9:43:22 PM
At 1/27/2012 9:04:35 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Inferno is also a multiaccounter; he posted a racist thread under the moniker "TinaShaniqua" in the Society forum.

Wait is that proven? Cause if it is that is enough to get him banned.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 11:57:58 PM
At 1/27/2012 9:43:22 PM, rogue wrote:

I don't think so. I just think Royal dislikes him
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 1:09:46 AM

Whoa whoa whoa, fascist! Whatever happened to anarchy???
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 1:12:07 AM

......lot of fail in this post.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 1:13:35 AM

It may not have been proven through an IP check (we will have to ask innomen to check it), but inferno posted a TinaShaniqua comment in the "whites are inferior" without switching accounts.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 1:18:32 AM
At 1/28/2012 1:13:35 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

It may not have been proven through an IP check (we will have to ask innomen to check it), but inferno posted a TinaShaniqua comment in the "whites are inferior" without switching accounts.

what do you mean "without switching accounts". Were tinashaniqua and inferno on at the same time, or did inferno pose as tinashaniqua? Do you have the link?

Thought you would be more fond of someone who had such a nice post.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 1:26:10 AM
At 1/28/2012 1:18:32 AM, darkkermit wrote:

what do you mean "without switching accounts". Were tinashaniqua and inferno on at the same time, or did inferno pose as tinashaniqua? Do you have the link?

Even trolls can have good posts once in a while.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 1:26:32 AM

Was it wrong that I laughed?

I sooooo laughed.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 1:30:18 AM
At 1/28/2012 1:26:10 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

thanks

Sure, when that person just happens to say something that agrees with your political ideology and has no intellectual backing.

I don't think inferno even has a political ideology, I think he just posts whatever is offensive.
Open borders debate:
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 1:36:28 AM
At 1/28/2012 1:26:10 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Yeah that seems pretty damning...
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 12:48:01 PM
At 1/28/2012 1:34:46 AM, Ren wrote:
Yaw just a bunch of haters.

Inferno is a valued member of the community, even if the community doesn't value him.

Such an ultra serious bunch we have here. Can't even pick up on the wigglin eyebrows.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 12:51:01 PM
At 1/28/2012 12:48:01 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Inferno is a valued member of the community, even if the community doesn't value him.

Such an ultra serious bunch we have here. Can't even pick up on the wigglin eyebrows.

you don't have credibility since you defend everything. This would be a comedy shack instead of a debate website if you were in charge
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 1:53:16 PM
At 1/28/2012 12:51:01 PM, 000ike wrote:

you don't have credibility since you defend everything. This would be a comedy shack instead of a debate website if you were in charge

+1

If he actually debated, rather than simply posting and BSing all the time, I'd feel some sympathy towards him and wouldn't mind, but he is simply aggressive, abrasive, and doesn't accept any dbates. I would say he should go onto a forum site, not a debate site... oh well.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 3:31:51 PM
At 1/28/2012 1:53:16 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

+1

If he actually debated, rather than simply posting and BSing all the time, I'd feel some sympathy towards him and wouldn't mind, but he is simply aggressive, abrasive, and doesn't accept any dbates. I would say he should go onto a forum site, not a debate site... oh well.

o.O

I'm like...

I was speechless when I first read this.

Of all the people that are aggressive, I wouldn't say that Alfonzo is one of them. Don't get me wrong, I don't always agree with him by a long shot -- trust me. But, I wouldn't say he is any more or less opinionated or aggressive than anyone else that frequents here.

In fact, I'd say that post in and of itself was fairly aggressive, Mr. Hawkins (Hawking?)

I'm going to be honest -- I think that people are so hostile toward Alfonzo, because they consider most of what he says nonsensical, and they're afraid that he is actually making some sense somehow, which they would interpret as an affront to their intelligence.

Relax.

You know, I've actually asked him to elaborate on some things that he's said, and you know what he did?

He elaborated.
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 3:37:32 PM
At 1/28/2012 3:31:51 PM, Ren wrote:

+1

o.O

I'm like...

Of all the people that are aggressive, I wouldn't say that Alfonzo is one of them. Don't get me wrong, I don't always agree with him by a long shot -- trust me. But, I wouldn't say he is any more or less opinionated or aggressive than anyone else that frequents here.

In fact, I'd say that post in and of itself was fairly aggressive, Mr. Hawkins (Hawking?)

I'm going to be honest -- I think that people are so hostile toward Alfonzo, because they consider most of what he says nonsensical, and they're afraid that he is actually making some sense somehow, which they would interpret as an affront to their intelligence.

Relax.

You know, I've actually asked him to elaborate on some things that he's said, and you know what he did?

He elaborated.

Wasn't he joking? Like really, isn't when he says "Ultra serious bunch here, can't even pick up on the wigglin' eyebrows" a dead giveaway?
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 3:55:57 PM
He maybe a few breeding pairs short of an ark, I don't think he's Tina. Things like capitalisation are consistently different; you can't really fake that and speech patterns consistently even if you're trying to.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 4:18:15 PM
I was talking about Inferno specifically when I made the wiggling eyebrow comment.

I may wiggle my eyebrows from time to time, but I'm not as full of shyt as people think. I have my ways of gauging people.

I don't think that defending different perspectives should be considered a bax thing either. Most of the time, I am empathetic to the mindset that carries a perspective. I've done a lot of thinking, anx I still do. Odds are, I used to think like many of the people here at one point.

If ddo doesn't value my opinion, it's to their own detriment I say. I don't really care, I'm having fun.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 4:59:06 PM
At 1/28/2012 3:31:51 PM, Ren wrote:

+1

o.O

I'm like...

Relax.

He elaborated.

I meant inferno, not alfonso, I think he's a great member of the community. Inferno, however, seems to not be able to "back yo sh!t up" in the name of the recent post.

rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 7:23:37 PM
At 1/28/2012 1:12:07 AM, OberHerr wrote:

......lot of fail in this post.

You wanna explain why? Everything I said was true.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 7:27:54 PM

+1

Exactly why I think it is only fair to ban him since we banned Izbo who was the atheist version of him.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 7:39:45 PM
At 1/28/2012 7:27:54 PM, rogue wrote:

+1

Exactly why I think it is only fair to ban him since we banned Izbo who was the atheist version of him.

I think you're being a bit of an extremist. Inferno is harmless. Relax.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 8:01:15 PM
At 1/28/2012 7:39:45 PM, Ren wrote:
At 1/28/2012 7:27:54 PM, rogue wrote:

+1

I think you're being a bit of an extremist. Inferno is harmless. Relax.

Harmless maybe. frustrating definitely. And I really don't think its fair to ban izbo and not him. They would be banned for the same reasons. He clearly shouldn't be on a debate site if he won't debate.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 8:17:22 PM
you guys are crazy. he only gets to you if you let him. he's no izbo - he doesn't harass people.

i'm sure inferno will appreciate this thread.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...