Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Who are more moral? Men or women?

GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 11:27:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Who are more moral? Men or women?

I am not an atheist but am a man who, thanks to apotheosis, believes himself to have high morals. Perhaps even superior to women.

I will take the Jewish view of Eden as man's elevation as opposed to the Christian view that Eden was man's fall. I do this because the Jewish view was the initial view of their scriptures. I give their view more authority than I do to Christianity. That Jewish view was later reversed by Christianity. Why Christianity did this is not clear.

http://www.mrrena.com...

For this mental exercise, I say women are more moral than men. I take this view because teaching a topic is the best way to learn it, and that most of the child rearing/teaching in that day was done by women. Women then, teaching children their first morals, would also teach themselves morals faster than what men would.

I do not read scriptures literally but will use the literal view and my logic trail and progression through Eden as if I do.

Eve was first to eat of the tree of knowledge, and as scriptures states, became as God. That is, she developed the same moral sense as God. She then recognized that instead of leaving Adam to follow God's instruction to not eat, she chose, with her new wisdom, to have Adam also eat of the tree of knowledge. Thus both were elevated to having a moral sense.

Is the Jewish view the correct one?

Who should lead mankind in religious and political thinking?

Who are more moral? Men or women?

Regards
DL
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 12:22:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 11:27:22 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Who are more moral? Men or women?

I am not an atheist but am a man who, thanks to apotheosis, believes himself to have high morals. Perhaps even superior to women.

I will take the Jewish view of Eden as man's elevation as opposed to the Christian view that Eden was man's fall. I do this because the Jewish view was the initial view of their scriptures. I give their view more authority than I do to Christianity. That Jewish view was later reversed by Christianity. Why Christianity did this is not clear.

http://www.mrrena.com...

For this mental exercise, I say women are more moral than men. I take this view because teaching a topic is the best way to learn it, and that most of the child rearing/teaching in that day was done by women. Women then, teaching children their first morals, would also teach themselves morals faster than what men would.

I do not read scriptures literally but will use the literal view and my logic trail and progression through Eden as if I do.

Eve was first to eat of the tree of knowledge, and as scriptures states, became as God. That is, she developed the same moral sense as God. She then recognized that instead of leaving Adam to follow God's instruction to not eat, she chose, with her new wisdom, to have Adam also eat of the tree of knowledge. Thus both were elevated to having a moral sense.

Is the Jewish view the correct one?

Who should lead mankind in religious and political thinking?

Who are more moral? Men or women?

Regards
DL

The christian take on adam and eve is different.

Eve was the one who was duped by the snake to eat the fruit. Adam, being self-sacrificing and loving of his wife Eve, decided to eat the fruit alongside her, despite knowing it was wrong.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 8:29:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 12:22:51 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 1/31/2012 11:27:22 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Who are more moral? Men or women?

I am not an atheist but am a man who, thanks to apotheosis, believes himself to have high morals. Perhaps even superior to women.

I will take the Jewish view of Eden as man's elevation as opposed to the Christian view that Eden was man's fall. I do this because the Jewish view was the initial view of their scriptures. I give their view more authority than I do to Christianity. That Jewish view was later reversed by Christianity. Why Christianity did this is not clear.

http://www.mrrena.com...

For this mental exercise, I say women are more moral than men. I take this view because teaching a topic is the best way to learn it, and that most of the child rearing/teaching in that day was done by women. Women then, teaching children their first morals, would also teach themselves morals faster than what men would.

I do not read scriptures literally but will use the literal view and my logic trail and progression through Eden as if I do.

Eve was first to eat of the tree of knowledge, and as scriptures states, became as God. That is, she developed the same moral sense as God. She then recognized that instead of leaving Adam to follow God's instruction to not eat, she chose, with her new wisdom, to have Adam also eat of the tree of knowledge. Thus both were elevated to having a moral sense.

Is the Jewish view the correct one?

Who should lead mankind in religious and political thinking?

Who are more moral? Men or women?

Regards
DL

The christian take on adam and eve is different.

Eve was the one who was duped by the snake to eat the fruit. Adam, being self-sacrificing and loving of his wife Eve, decided to eat the fruit alongside her, despite knowing it was wrong.

The Christian view is clearly different for sure. They show God as a losser who could not start man off on the right foot wheras the Jews show God as a winer who did.

The Jewish view was dominant for many years before Christianity reversed it.
Why do you think the Christian view to be correct and should be accepted over the view of the Jews who to my mind have a more accurate and worthy view of their own stories and myths?

You say Eve was duped. The Jews would say helped with good advice. If duped, was Eve duped by a talking snake, or a snake under the control of Satan?

This is important because if a snake, we are told it will always be with man and it is not. If under Satan's control, then God punished the wrong entity and shows himself to be unjust.

You say that Adam was self-sacrificing and loving of his wife Eve. Was he not the same way with God and why would he follow Eve whom he had not known as long as God?

You also indicate that Adam knew that eating of the tree of knowledge, ---- not a fruit BTW but knowledge, a huge difference as you will see, -----was wrong.

How could he know right from wrong when he had yet to gain the knowledge of good and evil?

You have him knowing what is impossible for him to know.

Regards
DL
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 5:27:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 11:27:22 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Who are more moral? Men or women?

I am not an atheist but am a man who, thanks to apotheosis, believes himself to have high morals. Perhaps even superior to women.

I will take the Jewish view of Eden as man's elevation as opposed to the Christian view that Eden was man's fall. I do this because the Jewish view was the initial view of their scriptures. I give their view more authority than I do to Christianity. That Jewish view was later reversed by Christianity. Why Christianity did this is not clear.

http://www.mrrena.com...

For this mental exercise, I say women are more moral than men. I take this view because teaching a topic is the best way to learn it, and that most of the child rearing/teaching in that day was done by women. Women then, teaching children their first morals, would also teach themselves morals faster than what men would.

I do not read scriptures literally but will use the literal view and my logic trail and progression through Eden as if I do.

Eve was first to eat of the tree of knowledge, and as scriptures states, became as God. That is, she developed the same moral sense as God. She then recognized that instead of leaving Adam to follow God's instruction to not eat, she chose, with her new wisdom, to have Adam also eat of the tree of knowledge. Thus both were elevated to having a moral sense.

Is the Jewish view the correct one?

Who should lead mankind in religious and political thinking?

Who are more moral? Men or women?

Regards
DL

Men are, which makes them more culpable before God; this is why satan went first to Eve (the beginning of feminism!) and why God went straight to Adam..

As Paul wrote, Christ is the head of man and man the head of woman..

The stronger must SERVE the weaker..

The enemies agenda has not changed one iota: to SUBVERT every principle and statute God has ordained.
The Cross.. the Cross.
baggins
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 10:53:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
As per Quran, the mistake was made by both Prophet Adam and Eve (Peace on them)

The Holy Quran:

2:35 We said: "O Adam! dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden; and eat of the bountiful things therein as (where and when) ye will; but approach not this tree, or ye run into harm and transgression."

2:36 Then did Satan make them slip from the (garden), and get them out of the state (of felicity) in which they had been. We said: "Get ye down, all (ye people), with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood - for a time."

2:37 Then learnt Adam from his Lord words of inspiration, and his Lord Turned towards him; for He is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful.

2:38 We said: "Get ye down all from here; and if, as is sure, there comes to you Guidance from me, whosoever follows My guidance, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

2:39 "But those who reject Faith and belie Our Signs, they shall be companions of the Fire; they shall abide therein."
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 11:25:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/6/2012 5:27:58 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 1/31/2012 11:27:22 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Who are more moral? Men or women?

I am not an atheist but am a man who, thanks to apotheosis, believes himself to have high morals. Perhaps even superior to women.

I will take the Jewish view of Eden as man's elevation as opposed to the Christian view that Eden was man's fall. I do this because the Jewish view was the initial view of their scriptures. I give their view more authority than I do to Christianity. That Jewish view was later reversed by Christianity. Why Christianity did this is not clear.

http://www.mrrena.com...

For this mental exercise, I say women are more moral than men. I take this view because teaching a topic is the best way to learn it, and that most of the child rearing/teaching in that day was done by women. Women then, teaching children their first morals, would also teach themselves morals faster than what men would.

I do not read scriptures literally but will use the literal view and my logic trail and progression through Eden as if I do.

Eve was first to eat of the tree of knowledge, and as scriptures states, became as God. That is, she developed the same moral sense as God. She then recognized that instead of leaving Adam to follow God's instruction to not eat, she chose, with her new wisdom, to have Adam also eat of the tree of knowledge. Thus both were elevated to having a moral sense.

Is the Jewish view the correct one?

Who should lead mankind in religious and political thinking?

Who are more moral? Men or women?

Regards
DL

Men are, which makes them more culpable before God; this is why satan went first to Eve (the beginning of feminism!) and why God went straight to Adam..

As Paul wrote, Christ is the head of man and man the head of woman..

The stronger must SERVE the weaker..
This tosh is the reason that many people are beginning to disrespect your religion. Why should women serve men? These backward ideas are utter nonsense.

Prove that the Bible is 100% accurate, that God exists, and that women naturally must serve men. I am willing to do a debate on this with you.

The enemies agenda has not changed one iota: to SUBVERT every principle and statute God has ordained.
MyVoiceInYourHead
Posts: 260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 2:56:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 11:27:22 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Who are more moral? Men or women?

If we measure this by warfare (throughout history this has been mostly highly immoral) then men are the most immoral. Women have tended to be the carers and nurturers. If women ruled the world there would probably be far less wars. There would be lots of cold wars though with entire nations not speaking to each other for decades.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 6:41:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/6/2012 5:27:58 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Men are, which makes them more culpable before God; this is why satan went first to Eve (the beginning of feminism!) and why God went straight to Adam..
First: My YLT & EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT Make NO reference to any Satan in their biblical Story book text?

Hence whatever it is you are referring to called Satan doesn't literally exist to them!

The Serpent Creature also told the Truth and they didn't ' die that day ' neither physically nor Spiritually, your god lied! (cf. Gen. 2:17 KJV Story book)
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 7:10:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/6/2012 6:41:16 PM, Composer wrote:
At 2/6/2012 5:27:58 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Men are, which makes them more culpable before God; this is why satan went first to Eve (the beginning of feminism!) and why God went straight to Adam..
First: My YLT & EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT Make NO reference to any Satan in their biblical Story book text?

Hence whatever it is you are referring to called Satan doesn't literally exist to them!

The Serpent Creature also told the Truth and they didn't ' die that day ' neither physically nor Spiritually, your god lied! (cf. Gen. 2:17 KJV Story book)
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 7:20:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/6/2012 11:25:09 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/6/2012 5:27:58 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 1/31/2012 11:27:22 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Who are more moral? Men or women?

I am not an atheist but am a man who, thanks to apotheosis, believes himself to have high morals. Perhaps even superior to women.

I will take the Jewish view of Eden as man's elevation as opposed to the Christian view that Eden was man's fall. I do this because the Jewish view was the initial view of their scriptures. I give their view more authority than I do to Christianity. That Jewish view was later reversed by Christianity. Why Christianity did this is not clear.

http://www.mrrena.com...

For this mental exercise, I say women are more moral than men. I take this view because teaching a topic is the best way to learn it, and that most of the child rearing/teaching in that day was done by women. Women then, teaching children their first morals, would also teach themselves morals faster than what men would.

I do not read scriptures literally but will use the literal view and my logic trail and progression through Eden as if I do.

Eve was first to eat of the tree of knowledge, and as scriptures states, became as God. That is, she developed the same moral sense as God. She then recognized that instead of leaving Adam to follow God's instruction to not eat, she chose, with her new wisdom, to have Adam also eat of the tree of knowledge. Thus both were elevated to having a moral sense.

Is the Jewish view the correct one?

Who should lead mankind in religious and political thinking?

Who are more moral? Men or women?

Regards
DL

Men are, which makes them more culpable before God; this is why satan went first to Eve (the beginning of feminism!) and why God went straight to Adam..

As Paul wrote, Christ is the head of man and man the head of woman..

The stronger must SERVE the weaker..
This tosh is the reason that many people are beginning to disrespect your religion. Why should women serve men? These backward ideas are utter nonsense.


The part you bolded says Christ must serve men and men must serve women...

Prove that the Bible is 100% accurate, that God exists, and that women naturally must serve men. I am willing to do a debate on this with you.

The enemies agenda has not changed one iota: to SUBVERT every principle and statute God has ordained.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 7:45:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/6/2012 7:20:01 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/6/2012 11:25:09 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/6/2012 5:27:58 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 1/31/2012 11:27:22 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Who are more moral? Men or women?

I am not an atheist but am a man who, thanks to apotheosis, believes himself to have high morals. Perhaps even superior to women.

I will take the Jewish view of Eden as man's elevation as opposed to the Christian view that Eden was man's fall. I do this because the Jewish view was the initial view of their scriptures. I give their view more authority than I do to Christianity. That Jewish view was later reversed by Christianity. Why Christianity did this is not clear.

http://www.mrrena.com...

For this mental exercise, I say women are more moral than men. I take this view because teaching a topic is the best way to learn it, and that most of the child rearing/teaching in that day was done by women. Women then, teaching children their first morals, would also teach themselves morals faster than what men would.

I do not read scriptures literally but will use the literal view and my logic trail and progression through Eden as if I do.

Eve was first to eat of the tree of knowledge, and as scriptures states, became as God. That is, she developed the same moral sense as God. She then recognized that instead of leaving Adam to follow God's instruction to not eat, she chose, with her new wisdom, to have Adam also eat of the tree of knowledge. Thus both were elevated to having a moral sense.

Is the Jewish view the correct one?

Who should lead mankind in religious and political thinking?

Who are more moral? Men or women?

Regards
DL

Men are, which makes them more culpable before God; this is why satan went first to Eve (the beginning of feminism!) and why God went straight to Adam..

As Paul wrote, Christ is the head of man and man the head of woman..

The stronger must SERVE the weaker..
This tosh is the reason that many people are beginning to disrespect your religion. Why should women serve men? These backward ideas are utter nonsense.


The part you bolded says Christ must serve men and men must serve women...

WOW, I misread it. Oops :(
Prove that the Bible is 100% accurate, that God exists, and that women naturally must serve men. I am willing to do a debate on this with you.

The enemies agenda has not changed one iota: to SUBVERT every principle and statute God has ordained.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2012 12:27:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/6/2012 2:56:52 PM, MyVoiceInYourHead wrote:
At 1/31/2012 11:27:22 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Who are more moral? Men or women?

If we measure this by warfare (throughout history this has been mostly highly immoral) then men are the most immoral. Women have tended to be the carers and nurturers. If women ruled the world there would probably be far less wars. There would be lots of cold wars though with entire nations not speaking to each other for decades.

Sure beats fighting and dying.

Regards
DL
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 2:14:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/6/2012 11:25:09 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/6/2012 5:27:58 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 1/31/2012 11:27:22 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Who are more moral? Men or women?

I am not an atheist but am a man who, thanks to apotheosis, believes himself to have high morals. Perhaps even superior to women.

I will take the Jewish view of Eden as man's elevation as opposed to the Christian view that Eden was man's fall. I do this because the Jewish view was the initial view of their scriptures. I give their view more authority than I do to Christianity. That Jewish view was later reversed by Christianity. Why Christianity did this is not clear.

http://www.mrrena.com...

For this mental exercise, I say women are more moral than men. I take this view because teaching a topic is the best way to learn it, and that most of the child rearing/teaching in that day was done by women. Women then, teaching children their first morals, would also teach themselves morals faster than what men would.

I do not read scriptures literally but will use the literal view and my logic trail and progression through Eden as if I do.

Eve was first to eat of the tree of knowledge, and as scriptures states, became as God. That is, she developed the same moral sense as God. She then recognized that instead of leaving Adam to follow God's instruction to not eat, she chose, with her new wisdom, to have Adam also eat of the tree of knowledge. Thus both were elevated to having a moral sense.

Is the Jewish view the correct one?

Who should lead mankind in religious and political thinking?

Who are more moral? Men or women?

Regards
DL

Men are, which makes them more culpable before God; this is why satan went first to Eve (the beginning of feminism!) and why God went straight to Adam..

As Paul wrote, Christ is the head of man and man the head of woman..

The stronger must SERVE the weaker..
This tosh is the reason that many people are beginning to disrespect your religion. Why should women serve men? These backward ideas are utter nonsense.

Prove that the Bible is 100% accurate, that God exists, and that women naturally must serve men. I am willing to do a debate on this with you.

The enemies agenda has not changed one iota: to SUBVERT every principle and statute God has ordained.

Try reading the post before responding: the stronger (men) must serve the weaker.. (women) equality, positive discrimination etc are evil and the enemy of all mankind..
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 2:17:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/6/2012 6:41:16 PM, Composer wrote:
At 2/6/2012 5:27:58 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Men are, which makes them more culpable before God; this is why satan went first to Eve (the beginning of feminism!) and why God went straight to Adam..
First: My YLT & EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT Make NO reference to any Satan in their biblical Story book text?

Hence whatever it is you are referring to called Satan doesn't literally exist to them!

The Serpent Creature also told the Truth and they didn't ' die that day ' neither physically nor Spiritually, your god lied! (cf. Gen. 2:17 KJV Story book)

Care to formally debate any or all of these points?
The Cross.. the Cross.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 2:40:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/9/2012 2:17:27 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/6/2012 6:41:16 PM, Composer wrote:
At 2/6/2012 5:27:58 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Men are, which makes them more culpable before God; this is why satan went first to Eve (the beginning of feminism!) and why God went straight to Adam..
First: My YLT & EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT Make NO reference to any Satan in their biblical Story book text?

Hence whatever it is you are referring to called Satan doesn't literally exist to them!

The Serpent Creature also told the Truth and they didn't ' die that day ' neither physically nor Spiritually, your god lied! (cf. Gen. 2:17 KJV Story book)

Care to formally debate any or all of these points?
Certainly!

I am new here, so please commence said debate and advise me where it is and I'll respond to your Comments. The Debate needs to continue Unrestricted so that both sides have every opportunity of stating their case without being rushed or pressured by anything and adequate equal opportunity to respond so as no equivocation or ambiguity remains.

Please ensure ANY Story book quotes or other Resources and Sources are adequatley, accurately shown for legitimate verification!