Jump to topic:

Influences.

PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2008 10:10:57 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
I fear sounding corny, but to the heck with it: My dad.

He first introduced me to politics, and he helped shaped my views on the world. He by no means programmed me into his beliefs (he's an extreme liberal while I'm more of a moderate), but rather, he taught me to be open minded. He taught me not to always trust authority. He taught me to be skeptical. He taught me to be aware.

I thank my dad dearly for teaching me -- for getting me aware and politically active.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2008 10:21:39 PM
Ayn Rand
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2008 6:46:25 AM
At 10/22/2008 9:52:15 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:
What or who are some of the biggest influences on your personal philosophy/religion?

William Beveridge, who, in the 1940's, devised the blueprint for the British welfare state and Nye Bevan who made his vision a reality.

I have always stood shoulder to shoulder with my ideological comrades in resisting Tory attempts to axe vital public services in order to pay for tax cuts for their posh pals.

Britain's greatest national treasure, the National Health Service, is vulnerable to Conservative Party fiscal sabotage and I believe we all have a moral duty to fight to protect it so that future generations can also benefit from cradle to grave healthcare, free at the point of use.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
HandsOff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2008 10:12:45 PM
Cheers to Ayn Rand. So glad many still read her work. Nearly flawless logic.

But Socrates get's top honors, especially in matters of commonly held, but unfounded, beliefs. His final conclusion after year of examining himself and others: "I am wiser than this man: neither of us know anything that is really worth knowing, but he thinks that he has knowledge when he has not, while I, having no knowledge, do not think that I have. I seem, at any rate, to be a little wiser than he is on this point: I do not think I know what I do not know."
LR4N6FTW4EVA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2008 3:42:38 AM
At 10/23/2008 10:12:45 PM, HandsOff wrote:
Cheers to Ayn Rand. So glad many still read her work. Nearly flawless logic.

*Dies a little inside*
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 7:35:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think many of the people who hate Ayn Rand have yet to read her work.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 8:31:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/22/2008 9:52:15 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:
What or who are some of the biggest influences on your personal philosophy/religion?

Well, apart from the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ.. C.S Lewis, Paul Washer, John MacArthur etc.. But also Philip K. Dick, George Orwell and Solzhenitsyn..
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)