Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

Jesus could beat the sh*t out of Jesus

johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 10:29:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 8:09:54 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Batman* could beat the sh*t out of Jesus

Batman can do just about anything with enough prep time. However could he defeat an omnipotent being??? No. Jesus would just zap him.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 11:29:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Jesus has no inherent power of his own; he gets it from the father. He was a poor man of weak and brittle stature with a generally pacifistic philosophy. He would turn the other cheek while Batman kicked the sh*t out of him.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 11:46:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
My favourite bit is how the one guy keep saying "Batman is FICTIONAL". Lol.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 12:20:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 11:46:41 PM, tvellalott wrote:
My favourite bit is how the one guy keep saying "Batman is FICTIONAL". Lol.

Records show that Jesus actually existed. Whether or not he was divine is up for discussion.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 12:20:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 10:31:11 PM, Wnope wrote:
Batman would win.

What's Jesus going to do? Hit back?

I see what you did there.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 1:44:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 10:29:35 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 2/2/2012 8:09:54 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Batman* could beat the sh*t out of Jesus

Batman can do just about anything with enough prep time. However could he defeat an omnipotent being??? No. Jesus would just zap him.

Coolstorybro, needs more dragons.

Batman just pulls out his anti-Jesus repellant.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 3:32:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 12:20:30 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 2/2/2012 11:46:41 PM, tvellalott wrote:
My favourite bit is how the one guy keep saying "Batman is FICTIONAL". Lol.

Records show that Jesus actually existed. Whether or not he was divine is up for discussion.
Could you please provide said ' evidence ' for my/our scrutiny?

I regret your ' say so ' is insufficient and illegitimate because as it stands all alone, it contains no truth!
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 4:12:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 3:32:52 AM, Composer wrote:
At 2/3/2012 12:20:30 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 2/2/2012 11:46:41 PM, tvellalott wrote:
My favourite bit is how the one guy keep saying "Batman is FICTIONAL". Lol.

Records show that Jesus actually existed. Whether or not he was divine is up for discussion.
Could you please provide said ' evidence ' for my/our scrutiny?

I regret your ' say so ' is insufficient and illegitimate because as it stands all alone, it contains no truth!

Called, LOOK IT UP.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
bhatti1020
Posts: 216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 4:29:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 4:12:43 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/3/2012 3:32:52 AM, Composer wrote:
At 2/3/2012 12:20:30 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 2/2/2012 11:46:41 PM, tvellalott wrote:
My favourite bit is how the one guy keep saying "Batman is FICTIONAL". Lol.

Records show that Jesus actually existed. Whether or not he was divine is up for discussion.
Could you please provide said ' evidence ' for my/our scrutiny?

I regret your ' say so ' is insufficient and illegitimate because as it stands all alone, it contains no truth!

Called, LOOK IT UP.

When you make statements like that (jesus was real, etc) when you say "look it up", it's like pulling out an empty gun on a police officer. You, like your ideas, will get mowed down
-Tourism & Immigration minister for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
"hey, no Jerry springer here!"
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 7:38:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 4:29:31 PM, bhatti1020 wrote:
At 2/3/2012 4:12:43 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/3/2012 3:32:52 AM, Composer wrote:
At 2/3/2012 12:20:30 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 2/2/2012 11:46:41 PM, tvellalott wrote:
My favourite bit is how the one guy keep saying "Batman is FICTIONAL". Lol.

Records show that Jesus actually existed. Whether or not he was divine is up for discussion.
Could you please provide said ' evidence ' for my/our scrutiny?

I regret your ' say so ' is insufficient and illegitimate because as it stands all alone, it contains no truth!

Called, LOOK IT UP.

When you make statements like that (jesus was real, etc) when you say "look it up", it's like pulling out an empty gun on a police officer. You, like your ideas, will get mowed down

Well, ok then. Confucius never lived. Neither did Buddha, or Mohammad, or Alexander the Great.

Thats what he was basically saying. It doesn't need to be proven, its an accepted fact. BOP on him to prove he didn't exist.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Cobo
Posts: 556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:03:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 8:09:54 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Batman* could beat the sh*t out of Jesus

Wonder what's in the utility belt that would help batman win?
You know there has got to be something....
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:02:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Thats what he was basically saying. It doesn't need to be proven, its an accepted fact. BOP on him to prove he didn't exist.

Definitely. When I say there is an amorphous, transmogrified Koala bear with supernatural abilities living in my basement who will send you to an invisible torture chamber after you die, if you disobey his arbitrary moral commands such as, "Everyone must marry a pelican," the burden of proof is on YOU to prove she doesn't exist.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:14:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 9:02:25 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Thats what he was basically saying. It doesn't need to be proven, its an accepted fact. BOP on him to prove he didn't exist.

Definitely. When I say there is an amorphous, transmogrified Koala bear with supernatural abilities living in my basement who will send you to an invisible torture chamber after you die, if you disobey his arbitrary moral commands such as, "Everyone must marry a pelican," the burden of proof is on YOU to prove she doesn't exist.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

Well, this shows how intelligent you are.

Jesus existed, that is an undisputed fact. We are not talking about he being the Son of God, or the Savior of Mankind.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 2:48:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 9:14:19 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Jesus existed, that is an undisputed fact.
Your Statement is spurious!

ALL CLAIMS OF JESUS DERIVE FROM HEARSAY ACCOUNTS

No one has the slightest physical evidence to support a historical Jesus; no artifacts, dwelling, works of carpentry, or self-written manuscripts. All claims about Jesus derive from writings of other people. There occurs no contemporary Roman record that shows Pontius Pilate executing a man named Jesus. Devastating to historians, there occurs not a single contemporary writing that mentions Jesus. All documents about Jesus came well after the life of the alleged Jesus from either: unknown authors, people who had never met an earthly Jesus, or from fraudulent, mythical or allegorical writings. Although one can argue that many of these writings come from fraud or interpolations, I will use the information and dates to show that even if these sources did not come from interpolations, they could still not serve as reliable evidence for a historical Jesus, simply because all sources about Jesus derive from hearsay accounts.

Hearsay means information derived from other people rather than on a witness' own knowledge. (Source: http://nobeliefs.com...)

&

In the final analysis there is no evidence that the biblical character called "Jesus Christ" ever existed. As Nicholas Carter concludes in The Christ Myth: "No sculptures, no drawings, no markings in stone, nothing written in his own hand; and no letters, no commentaries, indeed no authentic documents written by his Jewish and Gentile contemporaries, Justice of Tiberius, Philo, Josephus, Seneca, Petronius Arbiter, Pliny the Elder, et al., to lend credence to his historicity." (Source: http://www.truthbeknown.com...)

Your turn!
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 11:21:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 10:02:13 AM, THEBOMB wrote:
....The Jewish Talmud says a man named Jesus lived at some point.....whether he is divine or not is the debate...

Which is to say Jesus existed or not. To say Jesus existed but he did not do what the Bible says is, in my eyes, the same as saying I have a snail, but it's a drumkit.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 6:20:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/3/2012 12:20:30 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 2/2/2012 11:46:41 PM, tvellalott wrote:
My favourite bit is how the one guy keep saying "Batman is FICTIONAL". Lol.

Records show that Jesus actually existed. Whether or not he was divine is up for discussion.

lol.. if this was true we would never ever hear the end to it.. it would be all over the world.. constantly brought up.... its not like it couldn't be a common name back then..
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL