Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

What are you UNDER?

DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 5:36:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Who or what are you under?

When someone is 'sworn in' in a court etc they are UNDER oath; meaning they have principles (justice, truth etc) ABOVE them for the duration of the hearing..

John Lennon's 'Imagine' states 'above us ONLY sky..'

So, is anything above you?

DISCUSS.
The Cross.. the Cross.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 5:07:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/6/2012 5:36:04 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Who or what are you under?

When someone is 'sworn in' in a court etc they are UNDER oath; meaning they have principles (justice, truth etc) ABOVE them for the duration of the hearing..

John Lennon's 'Imagine' states 'above us ONLY sky..'

So, is anything above you?

DISCUSS.

I cannot see outside the framework of human thought, for I would have to claim that I had some special supernatural power, that is above humanity. But every such claim would be paradoxal, no matter how many times I say it or how much I or others belief its. My pride is in accepting such humilities to only claim what I could possible attain. So I am going to have to join the dream team of Lennon. To keep dreaming keep pushihng but never settling for belief alone.

The Fool in the sky
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 2:09:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 5:07:40 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 2/6/2012 5:36:04 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Who or what are you under?

When someone is 'sworn in' in a court etc they are UNDER oath; meaning they have principles (justice, truth etc) ABOVE them for the duration of the hearing..

John Lennon's 'Imagine' states 'above us ONLY sky..'

So, is anything above you?

DISCUSS.

I cannot see outside the framework of human thought, for I would have to claim that I had some special supernatural power, that is above humanity. But every such claim would be paradoxal, no matter how many times I say it or how much I or others belief its. My pride is in accepting such humilities to only claim what I could possible attain. So I am going to have to join the dream team of Lennon. To keep dreaming keep pushihng but never settling for belief alone.

The Fool in the sky

Have you ever been 'under oath'? Are you under anyone's authority? Under the law of the land?
The Cross.. the Cross.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 2:54:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/9/2012 2:09:11 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/7/2012 5:07:40 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 2/6/2012 5:36:04 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Who or what are you under?

When someone is 'sworn in' in a court etc they are UNDER oath; meaning they have principles (justice, truth etc) ABOVE them for the duration of the hearing..

John Lennon's 'Imagine' states 'above us ONLY sky..'

So, is anything above you?

DISCUSS.

I cannot see outside the framework of human thought, for I would have to claim that I had some special supernatural power, that is above humanity. But every such claim would be paradoxal, no matter how many times I say it or how much I or others belief its. My pride is in accepting such humilities to only claim what I could possible attain. So I am going to have to join the dream team of Lennon. To keep dreaming keep pushihng but never settling for belief alone.

The Fool in the sky

Have you ever been 'under oath'? Are you under anyone's authority? Under the law of the land?
One example I have experienced was when I was a Vietnam Conscript back in 1967 and was forced to either go to Prison as a ' Conscientious Objector ' Or forced to sware an ' Oath of allegience ' to fight for Australia!
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 11:14:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/9/2012 2:54:44 AM, Composer wrote:
At 2/9/2012 2:09:11 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/7/2012 5:07:40 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 2/6/2012 5:36:04 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Who or what are you under?

When someone is 'sworn in' in a court etc they are UNDER oath; meaning they have principles (justice, truth etc) ABOVE them for the duration of the hearing..

John Lennon's 'Imagine' states 'above us ONLY sky..'

So, is anything above you?

DISCUSS.

I cannot see outside the framework of human thought, for I would have to claim that I had some special supernatural power, that is above humanity. But every such claim would be paradoxal, no matter how many times I say it or how much I or others belief its. My pride is in accepting such humilities to only claim what I could possible attain. So I am going to have to join the dream team of Lennon. To keep dreaming keep pushihng but never settling for belief alone.

The Fool in the sky

Have you ever been 'under oath'? Are you under anyone's authority? Under the law of the land?
One example I have experienced was when I was a Vietnam Conscript back in 1967 and was forced to either go to Prison as a ' Conscientious Objector ' Or forced to sware an ' Oath of allegience ' to fight for Australia!

Either way you are under something: either an oath of allegiance or a moral conviction..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 1:31:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/9/2012 11:14:07 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/9/2012 2:54:44 AM, Composer wrote:
At 2/9/2012 2:09:11 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/7/2012 5:07:40 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 2/6/2012 5:36:04 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Who or what are you under?

When someone is 'sworn in' in a court etc they are UNDER oath; meaning they have principles (justice, truth etc) ABOVE them for the duration of the hearing..

John Lennon's 'Imagine' states 'above us ONLY sky..'

So, is anything above you?

DISCUSS.

I cannot see outside the framework of human thought, for I would have to claim that I had some special supernatural power, that is above humanity. But every such claim would be paradoxal, no matter how many times I say it or how much I or others belief its. My pride is in accepting such humilities to only claim what I could possible attain. So I am going to have to join the dream team of Lennon. To keep dreaming keep pushihng but never settling for belief alone.

The Fool in the sky

Have you ever been 'under oath'? Are you under anyone's authority? Under the law of the land?
One example I have experienced was when I was a Vietnam Conscript back in 1967 and was forced to either go to Prison as a ' Conscientious Objector ' Or forced to sware an ' Oath of allegience ' to fight for Australia!

Either way you are under something: either an oath of allegiance or a moral conviction..

Assuming that everyone within a societal construct is, then...?
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 12:51:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
That seems correct because the minute any steps away from the accepted ' standards of a social structure ' they become ' renegades ' and subject to that structures penalties, fines, imprisonment etc. as long as they try to remain ' in that social structure whilst rebelling against it also '.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 2:18:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/10/2012 12:51:02 AM, Composer wrote:
That seems correct because the minute any steps away from the accepted ' standards of a social structure ' they become ' renegades ' and subject to that structures penalties, fines, imprisonment etc. as long as they try to remain ' in that social structure whilst rebelling against it also '.

Even then you are under Satan.. I therefore must be controlled.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Physik
Posts: 686
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 2:27:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/10/2012 2:18:53 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/10/2012 12:51:02 AM, Composer wrote:
That seems correct because the minute any steps away from the accepted ' standards of a social structure ' they become ' renegades ' and subject to that structures penalties, fines, imprisonment etc. as long as they try to remain ' in that social structure whilst rebelling against it also '.

Even then you are under Satan.. I therefore must be controlled.

Well, if the bible's 'Satan' happens to exist, he seems like a pretty cool guy.

He pushed humanity towards knowledge, and apparently takes in everyone that utilizes reason and logic.
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 3:19:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/10/2012 2:18:53 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/10/2012 12:51:02 AM, Composer wrote:
That seems correct because the minute any steps away from the accepted ' standards of a social structure ' they become ' renegades ' and subject to that structures penalties, fines, imprisonment etc. as long as they try to remain ' in that social structure whilst rebelling against it also '.

Even then you are under Satan.. I therefore must be controlled.
As I correctly stated earlier, my YLT & EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT make NO reference whatsoever in their Story book text to any word Satan!
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 3:28:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/10/2012 2:18:53 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/10/2012 12:51:02 AM, Composer wrote:
That seems correct because the minute any steps away from the accepted ' standards of a social structure ' they become ' renegades ' and subject to that structures penalties, fines, imprisonment etc. as long as they try to remain ' in that social structure whilst rebelling against it also '.

Even then you are under Satan.. I therefore must be controlled.
We really need to test your credentials as a genuine Story book jesus' believer to determine whether you are genuine or not, so I have a few questions for starters I would appreciate your honest answers?

1. Do you specifically and generally all so called and self-acclaimed christians still continue to Sin since embracing your Story book jesus? (OR else do you know of any outside of Story book land that don't, please provide details?)

2. Do you believe you have a Free-Will given to you by your god? (Appropriate evidence supporting your answer please?)Composer
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 4:08:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/9/2012 11:14:07 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Either way you are under something: either an oath of allegiance or a moral conviction..

I suppose you could say I'm "under" my perspective.. my understanding.. my Manner of understanding..

but really...

I AM my understanding... and am not "under" anything...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 5:38:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/10/2012 4:08:24 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/9/2012 11:14:07 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Either way you are under something: either an oath of allegiance or a moral conviction..

I suppose you could say I'm "under" my perspective.. my understanding.. my Manner of understanding..

but really...

I AM my understanding... and am not "under" anything...

As you posted this did you percieve that the word you used: 'understanding' is actually two words: 'under' and 'standing'?

so, what you 'stand under' OR whatever is above you is what you are!

I stand under Jesus Christ.. or at least I try to, and that which does, He lives in! the Kingdom of heaven is wherever He is King!
The Cross.. the Cross.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 6:07:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 5:38:45 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/10/2012 4:08:24 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/9/2012 11:14:07 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Either way you are under something: either an oath of allegiance or a moral conviction..

I suppose you could say I'm "under" my perspective.. my understanding.. my Manner of understanding..

but really...

I AM my understanding... and am not "under" anything...

As you posted this did you percieve that the word you used: 'understanding' is actually two words: 'under' and 'standing'?

I didn't and that's quite interesting :)

However, at best it shows how other people (like the majority around in the time the word came to be in general usage) think about their notions/thoughts/ideas..

Not me ;)... if you'd like, when you read my post, you can replace the word "understanding" with notions/thoughts/ideas and then you will accurately get my meaning.

so, what you 'stand under' OR whatever is above you is what you are!

I identify most closely with my thoughts and feelings. As these change I change.

I stand under Jesus Christ.. or at least I try to, and that which does, He lives in! the Kingdom of heaven is wherever He is King!

You've given yourself up to god!

I suppose it's better than just giving yourself up :/ which so many other pessimists do..

But it would seem to me that genuinely embracing yourself as you are and come to be would be most comfortable and enjoyable.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 6:13:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 6:07:34 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/14/2012 5:38:45 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/10/2012 4:08:24 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/9/2012 11:14:07 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Either way you are under something: either an oath of allegiance or a moral conviction..

I suppose you could say I'm "under" my perspective.. my understanding.. my Manner of understanding..

but really...

I AM my understanding... and am not "under" anything...

As you posted this did you percieve that the word you used: 'understanding' is actually two words: 'under' and 'standing'?

I didn't and that's quite interesting :)

Thanks!

However, at best it shows how other people (like the majority around in the time the word came to be in general usage) think about their notions/thoughts/ideas..

Not me ;)... if you'd like, when you read my post, you can replace the word "understanding" with notions/thoughts/ideas and then you will accurately get my meaning.

so, what you 'stand under' OR whatever is above you is what you are!

I identify most closely with my thoughts and feelings. As these change I change.

I stand under Jesus Christ.. or at least I try to, and that which does, He lives in! the Kingdom of heaven is wherever He is King!

You've given yourself up to god!

I suppose it's better than just giving yourself up :/ which so many other pessimists do..

But it would seem to me that genuinely embracing yourself as you are and come to be would be most comfortable and enjoyable.

The story of the garden of Eden (whatever your views on it) clearly teaches that satan sold them the idea that they could be their OWN God, judge for themselves etc.. this is what I see when I read your post..
The Cross.. the Cross.
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 9:32:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The ceiling.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 10:03:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/17/2012 9:49:21 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm with Vermind Supreme, under a shoe.

So THAT'S where you were. I thought you were with Jimmy Macmillan under the too-damn-high rent.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2012 10:44:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/10/2012 2:27:02 AM, Physik wrote:
At 2/10/2012 2:18:53 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/10/2012 12:51:02 AM, Composer wrote:
That seems correct because the minute any steps away from the accepted ' standards of a social structure ' they become ' renegades ' and subject to that structures penalties, fines, imprisonment etc. as long as they try to remain ' in that social structure whilst rebelling against it also '.

Even then you are under Satan.. I therefore must be controlled.

Well, if the bible's 'Satan' happens to exist, he seems like a pretty cool guy.

He pushed humanity towards knowledge, and apparently takes in everyone that utilizes reason and logic.

Yeah the guy who wants you to burn in hell to spite God seems like a great guy!

That was sarcasm by the way.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 3:30:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 6:13:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
The story of the garden of Eden (whatever your views on it) clearly teaches that satan sold them the idea that they could be their OWN God, judge for themselves etc.. this is what I see when I read your post..
As I repeatedly already stated, my YLT & EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT Interlinear makes NO mention of any Satan in their Story book text!
Suqua
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 3:36:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/10/2012 3:19:33 AM, Composer wrote:
At 2/10/2012 2:18:53 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/10/2012 12:51:02 AM, Composer wrote:
That seems correct because the minute any steps away from the accepted ' standards of a social structure ' they become ' renegades ' and subject to that structures penalties, fines, imprisonment etc. as long as they try to remain ' in that social structure whilst rebelling against it also '.

Even then you are under Satan.. I therefore must be controlled.
As I correctly stated earlier, my YLT & EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT make NO reference whatsoever in their Story book text to any word Satan!

If you do a little study Satan=Adversary as you like to use it, both are correct.
Maybe if you get a Bible, KJV, as you have quoted from, you wouldn't have such a hard time with it. Use a Strong's Concordance with your Vatican, JW, Greek Emphatic Diaglott Interlinear book, you'll find it a very useful tool to help you understand other people.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 4:18:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 3:36:40 AM, Suqua wrote:
At 2/10/2012 3:19:33 AM, Composer wrote:
At 2/10/2012 2:18:53 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/10/2012 12:51:02 AM, Composer wrote:
That seems correct because the minute any steps away from the accepted ' standards of a social structure ' they become ' renegades ' and subject to that structures penalties, fines, imprisonment etc. as long as they try to remain ' in that social structure whilst rebelling against it also '.

Even then you are under Satan.. I therefore must be controlled.
As I correctly stated earlier, my YLT & EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT make NO reference whatsoever in their Story book text to any word Satan!

If you do a little study Satan=Adversary as you like to use it, both are correct.
Maybe if you get a Bible, KJV, as you have quoted from, you wouldn't have such a hard time with it. Use a Strong's Concordance with your Vatican, JW, Greek Emphatic Diaglott Interlinear book, you'll find it a very useful tool to help you understand other people.
Of course IF you had studied you should have been aware that the Hebrew Term ' Satan ' means ANY ADVERSARY/OPPOSER/ENEMY Good or Bad, Male or Female or Neuter Gender!

So called christianities next problem is legitimately proving their preferred Story book versions that do use the transferred Hebrew Term ' Satan ' actually legitimately refers to their alleged naughty spirit angel being?

For indeed I can legitimately prove that in fact the greatest Satan of christianity is their own Story book god!

Meanwhile, start legitimately proving that your alleged naughty Satan = is a legitimate rebellious supernatural spirit being Story book biblical character (for starters?) and I'll examine what you think you have?
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 5:42:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/18/2012 3:30:13 AM, Composer wrote:
At 2/14/2012 6:13:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
The story of the garden of Eden (whatever your views on it) clearly teaches that satan sold them the idea that they could be their OWN God, judge for themselves etc.. this is what I see when I read your post..
As I repeatedly already stated, my YLT & EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT Interlinear makes NO mention of any Satan in their Story book text!

That's like saying the Bible makes no mention of God.. Only 'Yahweh'..

You either accept all of the translation or none of it.

Jesus spoke about satan.. so you might want to be careful about calling Him a liar:

John 8:44
You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Suqua
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 1:26:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 4:18:08 AM, Composer wrote:
At 2/20/2012 3:36:40 AM, Suqua wrote:
At 2/10/2012 3:19:33 AM, Composer wrote:
At 2/10/2012 2:18:53 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/10/2012 12:51:02 AM, Composer wrote:
That seems correct because the minute any steps away from the accepted ' standards of a social structure ' they become ' renegades ' and subject to that structures penalties, fines, imprisonment etc. as long as they try to remain ' in that social structure whilst rebelling against it also '.

Even then you are under Satan.. I therefore must be controlled.
As I correctly stated earlier, my YLT & EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT make NO reference whatsoever in their Story book text to any word Satan!

If you do a little study Satan=Adversary as you like to use it, both are correct.
Maybe if you get a Bible, KJV, as you have quoted from, you wouldn't have such a hard time with it. Use a Strong's Concordance with your Vatican, JW, Greek Emphatic Diaglott Interlinear book, you'll find it a very useful tool to help you understand other people.
Of course IF you had studied you should have been aware that the Hebrew Term ' Satan ' means ANY ADVERSARY/OPPOSER/ENEMY Good or Bad, Male or Female or Neuter Gender!

Pardon my ignorance!

So called christianities next problem is legitimately proving their preferred Story book versions that do use the transferred Hebrew Term ' Satan ' actually legitimately refers to their alleged naughty spirit angel being?

Since you brought it up why don't you legitimately prove to me that it is not?

For indeed I can legitimately prove that in fact the greatest Satan of christianity is their own Story book god!

Start legitimately proving it? Show me the Bible texts YOU say YOU have?

Meanwhile, start legitimately proving that your alleged naughty Satan = is a legitimate rebellious supernatural spirit being Story book biblical character (for starters?) and I'll examine what you think you have?

What is legitimate proof for YOU?
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 3:00:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 5:42:37 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/18/2012 3:30:13 AM, Composer wrote:
At 2/14/2012 6:13:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
The story of the garden of Eden (whatever your views on it) clearly teaches that satan sold them the idea that they could be their OWN God, judge for themselves etc.. this is what I see when I read your post..
As I repeatedly already stated, my YLT & EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT Interlinear makes NO mention of any Satan in their Story book text!

At 2/20/2012 5:42:37 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
You either accept all of the translation or none of it.
Really!

Then first please tell me ' which versions ' of translations you prefer and use because your quote doesn't even mention any Satan nor specifies which version you used? I detect the NIV whose advisers included a Homosexual & a Lesbian so perhaps that is why you prefer that version?