Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 3:33:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/10/2012 3:13:55 PM, yoda878 wrote:
dark matter is the spirit world.

1. There is no hard evidence that dark matter exists, it just makes certain theories work.

2. There is no evidence that if dark matter exists, it is a spirit world.

3. If dark matter exists then it exists within the universe can can be measured, so if it is a spiritual world, then that world would be part of nature itself and therefore subject to scientific scrutiny. So, what so you hypothesis the properties of this spiritual world is? What testable predictions can you make regarding this issue?
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 4:09:12 PM
At 2/10/2012 3:33:46 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

1. There is no hard evidence that dark matter exists, it just makes certain theories work.

2. There is no evidence that if dark matter exists, it is a spirit world.

3. If dark matter exists then it exists within the universe can can be measured, so if it is a spiritual world, then that world would be part of nature itself and therefore subject to scientific scrutiny. So, what so you hypothesis the properties of this spiritual world is? What testable predictions can you make regarding this issue?

Sense you are debating me in the debates then i will wait for your rebuttal there.
Me
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 6:32:06 PM
Dark matter is the name scientists give for the variable unaccounted for.

The spirit world is just causality mystified. The realm of soul is specifically the causality that happens on the mental level. Basically, as physics is to psychology. Though, both areas of study are very incomplete at this point.

Science lags especially behind in psychology. Somehow it has become some kind of sinister institution. Still, good area of study. Most psychologists and psychiatrists(especially, psychiatrists) are woefully inept in psychology... at least the ones I have encountered.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 7:23:42 PM
At 2/10/2012 6:32:06 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

The spirit world is just causality mystified. The realm of soul is specifically the causality that happens on the mental level. Basically, as physics is to psychology. Though, both areas of study are very incomplete at this point.

Science lags especially behind in psychology. Somehow it has become some kind of sinister institution. Still, good area of study. Most psychologists and psychiatrists(especially, psychiatrists) are woefully inept in psychology... at least the ones I have encountered.

I can argue for spirit but not spirit.. world...lol
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2012 11:10:57 PM
At 2/10/2012 7:23:42 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

i find it funny also that you can argue for spirit but not spirit world..... if you agree that their is spirit then would their not be spirit things? why what is heaven is that not a spirit world?
Me
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 2:42:26 PM

If we find that dark matter mirrors matter we know of, in the sense that we are all composed of dark matter similar to how we are composed of regular matter, a good argument could be made for that... but, who knows?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Brain_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 3:14:46 PM

talking sh!t eh? I know what your saying though. We still have much to learn when it comes to the brain. Discoveries are coming about like wildfire though with the emergence of neuroscience.
Brain_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 3:21:45 PM
At 2/10/2012 11:10:57 PM, yoda878 wrote:

i find it funny also that you can argue for spirit but not spirit world..... if you agree that their is spirit then would their not be spirit things? why what is heaven is that not a spirit world?

lol.. there's good reasons to believe that your "spirit" is merely the product of natural processes within the brain. The Limbic system is in all intensive purposes the center of your "spirit".
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 4:34:20 PM

lol.. there's good reasons to believe that your "spirit" is merely the product of natural processes within the brain. The Limbic system is in all intensive purposes the center of your "spirit".

Yes i have heard this b/4 of physiologist using this thought in you are not your brain type of look on the brain one part is your thoughts and how it shoots off thoughts and the other decides what to do with those thoughts... or something like that. I really don't know enough about all that... But if you believe that the spirit is there then I still would think you believe in heaven and if not a spirit world or something to that extent.
Me
Brain_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 5:50:10 PM
At 2/11/2012 4:34:20 PM, yoda878 wrote:

Yes i have heard this b/4 of physiologist using this thought in you are not your brain type of look on the brain one part is your thoughts and how it shoots off thoughts and the other decides what to do with those thoughts... or something like that. I really don't know enough about all that... But if you believe that the spirit is there then I still would think you believe in heaven and if not a spirit world or something to that extent.

Why would I? There is certainly an immensity of unknown variables within the universe... but are best bet is to simply go with what we know, and from what we seem to know, it seems to me, that sadly there is no reason to believe in such things. I'm not quite sure that our meanings of the word "spirit" are the same.

-Just as a side note, it is rarely ever just one part of your brain doing anything. Such processes require a lighting storm of neural activity - and chemical signals- ranging from multiple domains within the brain. Decisions are often the product of much arguing and battling between the competing forces within your brain.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 6:00:03 PM
At 2/11/2012 3:21:45 PM, Brain_crazy wrote:

or possibly the other way around,,
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Brain_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 6:16:17 PM
At 2/11/2012 6:00:03 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 2/11/2012 3:21:45 PM, Brain_crazy wrote:

or possibly the other way around,,

Probably not, unconscious stirrings in the brain work on thoughts and then shoot them up into your consciousness. Neural-imaging allows us to see the thought being processed before your consciousness is even aware of it.