Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Partaking of the body and blood of Jesus.

kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 5:22:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Here are the true facts concerning this matter--- Only the bride of Christ = the little flock= the 144,000 who have the heavenly hope to rule as kings and priests alongside of Jesus to help him judge during the judgement are meant to partake of these symbols--- similar to a mortal bride is the only one to partake of the grooms body.
This scripture was written to the great crowd, who have this promise from Jesus--Happy are the meek for they will inherit the earth-) 1 corinthians 11:27-- says some are unworthy to partake---
So one must ask themselves this-- since some are clearly unworthy to partake and the above explanation is the only truth concerning this serious matter--Why does my religion tell everyone to partake?? And Why since Jesus clearly said some will inherit the earth does my religion say heaven or hell as the end? What is wrong with that picture?
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 7:43:10 PM
At 2/11/2012 5:22:22 PM, kjw47 wrote:
Here are the true facts concerning this matter--- Only the bride of Christ = the little flock= the 144,000 who have the heavenly hope to rule as kings and priests alongside of Jesus to help him judge during the judgement are meant to partake of these symbols--- similar to a mortal bride is the only one to partake of the grooms body.
This scripture was written to the great crowd, who have this promise from Jesus--Happy are the meek for they will inherit the earth-) 1 corinthians 11:27-- says some are unworthy to partake---
So one must ask themselves this-- since some are clearly unworthy to partake and the above explanation is the only truth concerning this serious matter--Why does my religion tell everyone to partake?? And Why since Jesus clearly said some will inherit the earth does my religion say heaven or hell as the end? What is wrong with that picture?

I am uncertain what your religion is, assuming JW from the 144,000 comment, and I am also uncertain, if you are doubting the theological framework?
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 7:32:10 PM
At 2/11/2012 7:43:10 PM, Gileandos wrote:

I am uncertain what your religion is, assuming JW from the 144,000 comment, and I am also uncertain, if you are doubting the theological framework?

A good day to you Gileandos, Gods word mentions the 144,000-- shouldnt every christian know of this teaching? Yes i am a JW. what do you mean by theological framework?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 7:34:27 PM
Well, I just learned a JW made this. I'm out.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 7:35:57 PM
yeah, but I bet when you hear of cannibalistic tribes somewhere in who knows where everybody acts like they just can't understand why people would do such things.. right?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 7:36:31 PM
At 2/12/2012 7:35:57 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
yeah, but I bet when you hear of cannibalistic tribes somewhere in who knows where everybody acts like they just can't understand why people would do such things.. right?

lol.. who said that? o.O
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 8:45:02 PM
At 2/12/2012 7:34:27 PM, OberHerr wrote:

YOU KNOWWWW... they engage some of the most rigorous analysis of the Bible of all Christians. Other denominations could certainly learn from them, even if they're a little off-point in some respects (hehe, a stake instead of a crucifix? I dunno about all thaaaaat... but, you have a point on the palms vs. wrist thing ;) )
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 8:48:45 PM
At 2/12/2012 7:32:10 PM, kjw47 wrote:

A good day to you Gileandos, Gods word mentions the 144,000-- shouldnt every christian know of this teaching? Yes i am a JW. what do you mean by theological framework?

In Christian theology the 144,000 are the racial rabbinical Jews that are sworn to celibacy and devoted to Holiness at some future point.

But I am still uncertain what your question is asking, can you rephrase?
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 6:16:56 AM

Why aren't you saying what your religion is on your profile?

the 144,000 (taken from Revelations) refers to the 12 tribes of Israel, not to any other group.

The bread and the wine are merely momentos; to remind us to FEED, to SUSTAIN ourselves on HIM and Him alone.. bread keeps you alive, gives you strength etc (in the Nazi death camps it was the magic word; it kept you alive another day!) wine comforts us, keeps out the cold and aids digestion etc..

This is what the Bible means by 'not loving the world'.. -not to sustain ourselves with it.

Revelation 7:4
Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.
The Cross.. the Cross.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 6:17:18 AM
At 2/12/2012 8:45:02 PM, Ren wrote:

YOU KNOWWWW... they engage some of the most rigorous analysis of the Bible of all Christians. Other denominations could certainly learn from them, even if they're a little off-point in some respects (hehe, a stake instead of a crucifix? I dunno about all thaaaaat... but, you have a point on the palms vs. wrist thing ;) )

Actually the greek word stauros translates-- torture stake-- not cross.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 6:19:56 AM
At 2/13/2012 6:16:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

the 144,000 (taken from Revelations) refers to the 12 tribes of Israel, not to any other group.

The bread and the wine are merely momentos; to remind us to FEED, to SUSTAIN ourselves on HIM and Him alone.. bread keeps you alive, gives you strength etc (in the Nazi death camps it was the magic word; it kept you alive another day!) wine comforts us, keeps out the cold and aids digestion etc..

This is what the Bible means by 'not loving the world'.. -not to sustain ourselves with it.

Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

If you compare the 12 tribes of Israel to the 12 tribes mentioned of the 144,000 there are 2 different ones-- showing that these tribes are not literal Israel but spiritual Israel.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 6:25:18 AM
At 2/12/2012 8:48:45 PM, Gileandos wrote:
At 2/12/2012 7:32:10 PM, kjw47 wrote:

In Christian theology the 144,000 are the racial rabbinical Jews that are sworn to celibacy and devoted to Holiness at some future point.

But I am still uncertain what your question is asking, can you rephrase?

The 12 tribes mentioned in revelation are not the literal 12 tribes of Israel-- there are 2 different tribes mentioned in Rev.
My point was that Gods word teaches that there are some who are unworthy to partake--the trinity based religions tell all to partake. they are wrong. The analogy in my first posting is the correct analogy on this matter.
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 8:00:36 PM
Lol just realized that JW doesn't mean Jew...
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
http://www.bbc.co.uk...
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 8:52:21 PM
At 2/12/2012 8:45:02 PM, Ren wrote:

Many modern historians believe that the crucifix was simply a stick in the ground, not a specific cross.

http://www.watchtower.org...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk...
(synopsis) http://evangelicaltextualcriticism.blogspot.com...

Their analysis actually led to the rigorous analysis of history and, with a theologian, the strong reasoning that it was not a cross to begin with, but more of a stake.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 5:54:36 AM
At 2/13/2012 6:19:56 AM, kjw47 wrote:

If you compare the 12 tribes of Israel to the 12 tribes mentioned of the 144,000 there are 2 different ones-- showing that these tribes are not literal Israel but spiritual Israel.

Please quote chapter and verse on this, and explain how you arrived at this interpretation.
The Cross.. the Cross.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 4:06:25 PM
At 2/14/2012 5:54:36 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/13/2012 6:19:56 AM, kjw47 wrote:

Please quote chapter and verse on this, and explain how you arrived at this interpretation.

Revelation 7--- Judah-- Rueben--- Gad-- Asher-- Nephtali-- Manasseh-- Simeon-- Levi-- Issachar-- Zebulun--Joseph-- Benjamin----------------------- the 12 tribes from the ot--- eastern tribes- Judah--Issachar--Zebulun---- Southern tribes--- Rueben--Simeon--Gad--- Western tribes--- Ephraim--Manasseh-Benjamin--- Northern tribes-- Dan-- Asher--Naphtali-------------- so Levi and Joseph are two different named tribes in rev 7