Jump to topic:

Do christians believe in a Free-Will?

Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 9:59:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is there a mechanism here for Posting POLLS to determine e.g. How many calling themselves christians believe they were given a totally Free-Will and their evidence please?

My Poll asks 2 questions? (IF a POLL is not possible? then this Thread must suffice!)

1. Do those calling themselves christians, believe in a Free-Will for all?

2. Do those calling themselves christians still sin, despite embracing their jesus?
joneszj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 10:14:53 PM
At 2/11/2012 9:59:33 PM, Composer wrote:
Is there a mechanism here for Posting POLLS to determine e.g. How many calling themselves christians believe they were given a totally Free-Will and their evidence please?

My Poll asks 2 questions? (IF a POLL is not possible? then this Thread must suffice!)

Yes, but the term is defined differently by certain denominations (liberal free will, compatibilism)

2. Do those calling themselves christians still sin, despite embracing their jesus?

yes
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 10:15:59 PM
At 2/11/2012 10:14:53 PM, joneszj wrote:

Yes, but the term is defined differently by certain denominations (liberal free will, compatibilism)

yes

I think you mean libertarian free will :P
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 1:20:58 AM

Yes

2. Do those calling themselves christians still sin, despite embracing their Jesus?

Yes.

What is the point of this?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 1:42:07 AM
At 2/12/2012 1:20:58 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Yes

2. Do those calling themselves christians still sin, despite embracing their Jesus?

Yes.

What is the point of this?
When you answer my questions honestly it will become known to you and known to others like you!

In fact I shall start a New Thread so as I get a response from as many as possible (hopefully?)

Please either answer for your self here or go to my New Thread re: My two questions!
joneszj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2012 2:24:59 PM
At 2/11/2012 10:15:59 PM, Rusty wrote:
At 2/11/2012 10:14:53 PM, joneszj wrote:

yes

I think you mean libertarian free will :P

Yes, thanks! MW3 was loading and was rushed lolz
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 6:18:10 AM

Yes & yes.
The Cross.. the Cross.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 12:54:14 AM
It is because of Christianity that you have free will today jackass
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 6:06:50 AM

Really, we have a choice between God's will and satans will.. so not really 'free' but kinda binary..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Suqua
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 9:41:54 AM
At 2/14/2012 6:06:50 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Really, we have a choice between God's will and satans will.. so not really 'free' but kinda binary..

If you are suggesting" free will without consequences" this is not a proposal of sorts.
An impossibility , for all have consequences for their actions of their will being in exercised whether it brings on pain or pleasure.

Do those calling themselves Christian still sin (willfully), despite embracing their Jesus. NO!
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 3:56:18 PM
At 2/14/2012 9:41:54 AM, Suqua wrote:

If you are suggesting" free will without consequences" this is not a proposal of sorts.
An impossibility , for all have consequences for their actions of their will being in exercised whether it brings on pain or pleasure.

Do those calling themselves Christian still sin (willfully), despite embracing their Jesus. NO!

So good followers of God never sin. What about King David?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 4:23:25 PM
Yes.
Yes.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Suqua
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 12:07:57 AM
At 2/14/2012 3:56:18 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 2/14/2012 9:41:54 AM, Suqua wrote:

So good followers of God never sin. What about King David?

Question. Was King David following God's orders at this time in his life, no! A Christian is one who is following Christ, not following their own will when it benefits them. He had fallen away and had to be restored if you follow the rest of the story.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 2:45:29 AM

That's very vague and you didn't even attempt to provide any evidence that this hypothesis of yours has any merit?

&

Some time ago you challenged me to a Debate regarding your Satan to which I accepted your challenge and wrote my initial comments -

At 2/9/2012 2:17:27 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/6/2012 6:41:16 PM, Composer wrote:
At 2/6/2012 5:27:58 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Men are, which makes them more culpable before God; this is why satan went first to Eve (the beginning of feminism!) and why God went straight to Adam..
Composer wrote: First: My YLT & EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT Make NO reference to any Satan in their biblical Story book text?

Hence whatever it is you are referring to called Satan doesn't literally exist to them!

The Serpent Creature also told the Truth and they didn't ' die that day ' neither physically nor Spiritually, your god lied! (cf. Gen. 2:17 KJV Story book)

Care to formally debate any or all of these points?
Composer immediately responded -
Certainly!

I am new here, so please commence said debate and advise me where it is and I'll respond to your Comments. The Debate needs to continue Unrestricted so that both sides have every opportunity of stating their case without being rushed or pressured by anything and adequate equal opportunity to respond so as no equivocation or ambiguity remains.

Please ensure ANY Story book quotes or other Resources and Sources are adequatley, accurately shown for legitimate verification!

I am still waiting for that Debate to commence since you chickened out and ran away scared!

Please start such a Debate as a separate Thread and I'll see if you get on any better with that topic?

Much much much much better luck next times!