Total Posts:120|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

you can go to hell if you are not christian?

buelg
Posts: 79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 2:43:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
You know, there are some cookoo christians (by the way I'm one of the christians but I'm not crazy like some) that come out to the streets with the sign " Believe god and you go to heaven, believe others or not believe in any god, you go to hell."
oh man, why in the holly fvckin hell are they doing this? Does this do any good for the christians? I think they only lower themselves by saying that " Hey! I'm a loon that does not respect other religions! what do you think, eh? "
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 6:00:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 2:43:24 AM, buelg wrote:
You know, there are some cookoo christians (by the way I'm one of the christians but I'm not crazy like some) that come out to the streets with the sign " Believe god and you go to heaven, believe others or not believe in any god, you go to hell."
oh man, why in the holly fvckin hell are they doing this? Does this do any good for the christians? I think they only lower themselves by saying that " Hey! I'm a loon that does not respect other religions! what do you think, eh? "

It depends.. maybe God has called them to go on the street with 'crazy' signs..

As for other religions, they can't all be true can they? they contradict one another at every turn.. if you wish to believe that 2+2=5 then you are free to do so and I can be as tolerant as the next man.. but I still think it my duty to explain that the answer is in fact, 4..

The answer is JESUS! THE way, THE truth and THE life, NOT A way, A truth or A life.
The Cross.. the Cross.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 11:07:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
If a god wants to inflict eternal torture on an individual for not fulfilling his worship fantasies, then he is clearly an unjust god who does not deserve to be worshipped.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 11:09:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
DATCMOTO, is Gandhi in Hell according to your beliefs?

If so, I would rather not worship an individual who condemns the good to hell while allowing Christian murderers to ascend to a heaven.
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 11:16:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It is their beliefs not sure why they do this b/c no one is going to be judging but god he is the only one that knows your desires and heart.
But then again, if that's their beliefs that they know those things who am i to judge lol
Me
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 2:17:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 11:07:59 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
If a god wants to inflict eternal torture on an individual for not fulfilling his worship fantasies, then he is clearly an unjust god who does not deserve to be worshipped.

If God revealed himself to you and instructed you to both worship him and follow the teachings of the bible, would you?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 3:31:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well I believe that if a man is good and is genuinely looking for the truth then they can be saved. The teachings of recent Popes seem to reflect my opinion.

"Whoever seeks peace and the good of the community with a pure conscience, and keeps alive the desire for the transcendent, will be saved even if he lacks biblical faith" Pope Benedict XVI

"Normally, "it will be in the sincere practice of what is good in their own religious traditions and by following the dictates of their own conscience that the members of other religions respond positively to God's invitation and receive salvation in Jesus Christ, even while they do not recognize or acknowledge him as their Saviour" Pope John Paul II

So, yeah I think those who have not received the gospel and be saved.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 3:32:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 11:09:00 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
DATCMOTO, is Gandhi in Hell according to your beliefs?

If so, I would rather not worship an individual who condemns the good to hell while allowing Christian murderers to ascend to a heaven.

First, yes, if Gandhi was not a Christian, then he went to hell.

And second, yes, if the murderers were somehow Christians, then that is the case. Though, I'm doubting they were, cause they clearly did not read any of the Bible if that is the case.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 3:34:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 11:09:00 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
DATCMOTO, is Gandhi in Hell according to your beliefs?

If so, I would rather not worship an individual who condemns the good to hell while allowing Christian murderers to ascend to a heaven.

Those murderers aren't there either unless they repented. No one truly knows the state of a person's soul. Being Christian does not give you a free pass from God to be a d!ckhead to society.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 3:34:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 3:31:18 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Well I believe that if a man is good and is genuinely looking for the truth then they can be saved. The teachings of recent Popes seem to reflect my opinion.

"Whoever seeks peace and the good of the community with a pure conscience, and keeps alive the desire for the transcendent, will be saved even if he lacks biblical faith" Pope Benedict XVI

"Normally, "it will be in the sincere practice of what is good in their own religious traditions and by following the dictates of their own conscience that the members of other religions respond positively to God's invitation and receive salvation in Jesus Christ, even while they do not recognize or acknowledge him as their Saviour" Pope John Paul II

So, yeah I think those who have not received the gospel and be saved.

Good works and sincerity will NO get you to heaven. Sorry, but it is true. Only Jesus can. If they trusted in him, then they will go to heaven, and thats it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 5:31:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 6:00:38 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/13/2012 2:43:24 AM, buelg wrote:
You know, there are some cookoo christians (by the way I'm one of the christians but I'm not crazy like some) that come out to the streets with the sign " Believe god and you go to heaven, believe others or not believe in any god, you go to hell."
oh man, why in the holly fvckin hell are they doing this? Does this do any good for the christians? I think they only lower themselves by saying that " Hey! I'm a loon that does not respect other religions! what do you think, eh? "

It depends.. maybe God has called them to go on the street with 'crazy' signs..

As for other religions, they can't all be true can they? they contradict one another at every turn.. if you wish to believe that 2+2=5 then you are free to do so and I can be as tolerant as the next man.. but I still think it my duty to explain that the answer is in fact, 4..

The answer is JESUS! THE way, THE truth and THE life, NOT A way, A truth or A life.

They can't all be true, it's more likely that none of them are true. How do you know your religion is the right one if any one is even right to begin with? Do you even know how many contradictions The Bible has?
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 5:54:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 3:34:23 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/13/2012 3:31:18 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Well I believe that if a man is good and is genuinely looking for the truth then they can be saved. The teachings of recent Popes seem to reflect my opinion.

"Whoever seeks peace and the good of the community with a pure conscience, and keeps alive the desire for the transcendent, will be saved even if he lacks biblical faith" Pope Benedict XVI

"Normally, "it will be in the sincere practice of what is good in their own religious traditions and by following the dictates of their own conscience that the members of other religions respond positively to God's invitation and receive salvation in Jesus Christ, even while they do not recognize or acknowledge him as their Saviour" Pope John Paul II

So, yeah I think those who have not received the gospel and be saved.

Good works and sincerity will NO get you to heaven. Sorry, but it is true. Only Jesus can. If they trusted in him, then they will go to heaven, and thats it.

Yes it does also take faith. However I do not believe hell awaits those who a part of a society that has never received the gospel. I think the same standard applies to people who are genuinely trying to uncover the truth and yet are unable to. However that does not mean those people will go to heaven either. An atheist, no matter how good his actions, that knowingly and of his own volition rejects Christ chooses hell.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
MyVoiceInYourHead
Posts: 260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 6:06:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 5:54:43 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 2/13/2012 3:34:23 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/13/2012 3:31:18 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Well I believe that if a man is good and is genuinely looking for the truth then they can be saved. The teachings of recent Popes seem to reflect my opinion.

"Whoever seeks peace and the good of the community with a pure conscience, and keeps alive the desire for the transcendent, will be saved even if he lacks biblical faith" Pope Benedict XVI

"Normally, "it will be in the sincere practice of what is good in their own religious traditions and by following the dictates of their own conscience that the members of other religions respond positively to God's invitation and receive salvation in Jesus Christ, even while they do not recognize or acknowledge him as their Saviour" Pope John Paul II

So, yeah I think those who have not received the gospel and be saved.

Good works and sincerity will NO get you to heaven. Sorry, but it is true. Only Jesus can. If they trusted in him, then they will go to heaven, and thats it.

Yes it does also take faith. However I do not believe hell awaits those who a part of a society that has never received the gospel. I think the same standard applies to people who are genuinely trying to uncover the truth and yet are unable to. However that does not mean those people will go to heaven either. An atheist, no matter how good his actions, that knowingly and of his own volition rejects Christ chooses hell.

Amazing that God escapes the responsibility of a system he has set up!

Saying that people choose hell is like the following scenario:

God is holding a gun to my head and is saying to me "Give me a hundred dollars! If you don't, I'll pull the trigger! Don't make me do it!" If I then do not give God the hundred dollars and he puts a bullet between my eyes, you cannot claim that I committed suicide.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 6:10:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 5:31:52 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

They can't all be true, it's more likely that none of them are true. How do you know your religion is the right one if any one is even right to begin with? Do you even know how many contradictions The Bible has?

Care to name a few?

And why are we the least right?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2012 9:18:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 6:06:18 PM, MyVoiceInYourHead wrote:
At 2/13/2012 5:54:43 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 2/13/2012 3:34:23 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/13/2012 3:31:18 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Well I believe that if a man is good and is genuinely looking for the truth then they can be saved. The teachings of recent Popes seem to reflect my opinion.

"Whoever seeks peace and the good of the community with a pure conscience, and keeps alive the desire for the transcendent, will be saved even if he lacks biblical faith" Pope Benedict XVI

"Normally, "it will be in the sincere practice of what is good in their own religious traditions and by following the dictates of their own conscience that the members of other religions respond positively to God's invitation and receive salvation in Jesus Christ, even while they do not recognize or acknowledge him as their Saviour" Pope John Paul II

So, yeah I think those who have not received the gospel and be saved.

Good works and sincerity will NO get you to heaven. Sorry, but it is true. Only Jesus can. If they trusted in him, then they will go to heaven, and thats it.

Yes it does also take faith. However I do not believe hell awaits those who a part of a society that has never received the gospel. I think the same standard applies to people who are genuinely trying to uncover the truth and yet are unable to. However that does not mean those people will go to heaven either. An atheist, no matter how good his actions, that knowingly and of his own volition rejects Christ chooses hell.

Amazing that God escapes the responsibility of a system he has set up!

Saying that people choose hell is like the following scenario:

God is holding a gun to my head and is saying to me "Give me a hundred dollars! If you don't, I'll pull the trigger! Don't make me do it!" If I then do not give God the hundred dollars and he puts a bullet between my eyes, you cannot claim that I committed suicide.

The situations are not equal. If you were to use the same example to describe the fate of a murderer or thief sent to jail, you would be laughed off this site.

Furthermore, I'm not sure you understand what exactly hell is. Hell is the absence of God and the destination for souls that refuse His grace or sin.

By the way, your metaphor sucks and does not describe the situation. First of all, God is not forcing you to do anything. On the contrary it seems like people do choose the bullet in the head. However God is not holding the gun. You are.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 6:00:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 11:09:00 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
DATCMOTO, is Gandhi in Hell according to your beliefs?

If so, I would rather not worship an individual who condemns the good to hell while allowing Christian murderers to ascend to a heaven.

You believe Gandhi was good? he was not for 'ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God'..

It is this very fact, our mistaken belief in our own righteousness (sin), that separates us from God..

I'm going to heaven because I agree with God that I'm a hopeless sinner.. Gandhi (in all likelihood) will go to hell because he believed in his own good 'works' etc..

Mark 2:17
On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 6:04:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 5:31:52 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 2/13/2012 6:00:38 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/13/2012 2:43:24 AM, buelg wrote:
You know, there are some cookoo christians (by the way I'm one of the christians but I'm not crazy like some) that come out to the streets with the sign " Believe god and you go to heaven, believe others or not believe in any god, you go to hell."
oh man, why in the holly fvckin hell are they doing this? Does this do any good for the christians? I think they only lower themselves by saying that " Hey! I'm a loon that does not respect other religions! what do you think, eh? "

It depends.. maybe God has called them to go on the street with 'crazy' signs..

As for other religions, they can't all be true can they? they contradict one another at every turn.. if you wish to believe that 2+2=5 then you are free to do so and I can be as tolerant as the next man.. but I still think it my duty to explain that the answer is in fact, 4..

The answer is JESUS! THE way, THE truth and THE life, NOT A way, A truth or A life.

They can't all be true, it's more likely that none of them are true. How do you know your religion is the right one if any one is even right to begin with? Do you even know how many contradictions The Bible has?

I KNOW the truth and He has set me free!

I'd be happy to discuss any so-called contradictions in the Bible, either here or privately by message..

In the mean time: http://www.debate.org...
The Cross.. the Cross.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 7:04:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 6:00:32 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/13/2012 11:09:00 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
DATCMOTO, is Gandhi in Hell according to your beliefs?

If so, I would rather not worship an individual who condemns the good to hell while allowing Christian murderers to ascend to a heaven.

You believe Gandhi was good? he was not for 'ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God'..

It is this very fact, our mistaken belief in our own righteousness (sin), that separates us from God..

I'm going to heaven because I agree with God that I'm a hopeless sinner.. Gandhi (in all likelihood) will go to hell because he believed in his own good 'works' etc..

Mark 2:17
On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."


Name some of those sins.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 7:05:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 2:17:17 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 2/13/2012 11:07:59 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
If a god wants to inflict eternal torture on an individual for not fulfilling his worship fantasies, then he is clearly an unjust god who does not deserve to be worshipped.

If God revealed himself to you and instructed you to both worship him and follow the teachings of the bible, would you?

No. If fulfilling his worship fantasy is more important than how good a person is, I would not worship him even if he did exist.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 7:06:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 3:31:18 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Well I believe that if a man is good and is genuinely looking for the truth then they can be saved. The teachings of recent Popes seem to reflect my opinion.

"Whoever seeks peace and the good of the community with a pure conscience, and keeps alive the desire for the transcendent, will be saved even if he lacks biblical faith" Pope Benedict XVI

"Normally, "it will be in the sincere practice of what is good in their own religious traditions and by following the dictates of their own conscience that the members of other religions respond positively to God's invitation and receive salvation in Jesus Christ, even while they do not recognize or acknowledge him as their Saviour" Pope John Paul II

So, yeah I think those who have not received the gospel and be saved.

Do I need to worship a god to be saved, or can I be a good person?
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 7:07:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 3:32:50 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/13/2012 11:09:00 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
DATCMOTO, is Gandhi in Hell according to your beliefs?

If so, I would rather not worship an individual who condemns the good to hell while allowing Christian murderers to ascend to a heaven.

First, yes, if Gandhi was not a Christian, then he went to hell.

Then your god is unjust.
And second, yes, if the murderers were somehow Christians, then that is the case. Though, I'm doubting they were, cause they clearly did not read any of the Bible if that is the case.

LOL, false. They just have to stone their children to death for not listening to them or they have to burn their grandmothers alive for wearing cloth of two different threads if they want to have their free pass.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 7:10:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 9:18:47 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 2/13/2012 6:06:18 PM, MyVoiceInYourHead wrote:
At 2/13/2012 5:54:43 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 2/13/2012 3:34:23 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/13/2012 3:31:18 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Well I believe that if a man is good and is genuinely looking for the truth then they can be saved. The teachings of recent Popes seem to reflect my opinion.

"Whoever seeks peace and the good of the community with a pure conscience, and keeps alive the desire for the transcendent, will be saved even if he lacks biblical faith" Pope Benedict XVI

"Normally, "it will be in the sincere practice of what is good in their own religious traditions and by following the dictates of their own conscience that the members of other religions respond positively to God's invitation and receive salvation in Jesus Christ, even while they do not recognize or acknowledge him as their Saviour" Pope John Paul II

So, yeah I think those who have not received the gospel and be saved.

Good works and sincerity will NO get you to heaven. Sorry, but it is true. Only Jesus can. If they trusted in him, then they will go to heaven, and thats it.

Yes it does also take faith. However I do not believe hell awaits those who a part of a society that has never received the gospel. I think the same standard applies to people who are genuinely trying to uncover the truth and yet are unable to. However that does not mean those people will go to heaven either. An atheist, no matter how good his actions, that knowingly and of his own volition rejects Christ chooses hell.

Amazing that God escapes the responsibility of a system he has set up!

Saying that people choose hell is like the following scenario:

God is holding a gun to my head and is saying to me "Give me a hundred dollars! If you don't, I'll pull the trigger! Don't make me do it!" If I then do not give God the hundred dollars and he puts a bullet between my eyes, you cannot claim that I committed suicide.

The situations are not equal. If you were to use the same example to describe the fate of a murderer or thief sent to jail, you would be laughed off this site.

Furthermore, I'm not sure you understand what exactly hell is. Hell is the absence of God and the destination for souls that refuse His grace or sin.

Lies. Hell is described as a place in which one is eternally tortured for sinning. (Read the Inferno, for example.) If it is merely an absence of a god, then who cares?
By the way, your metaphor sucks and do
tes not describe the situation. First of all, God is not forcing you to do anything. On the contrary it seems like people do choose the bullet in the head. However God is not holding the gun. You are.

In society, if we force someone to do something under the threat of violence, it is called extortion. Your god is doing the same thing; he is demanding worship and threatening to torture anybody who does not provide it to him.
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 8:16:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 3:34:23 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/13/2012 3:31:18 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Well I believe that if a man is good and is genuinely looking for the truth then they can be saved. The teachings of recent Popes seem to reflect my opinion.

"Whoever seeks peace and the good of the community with a pure conscience, and keeps alive the desire for the transcendent, will be saved even if he lacks biblical faith" Pope Benedict XVI

"Normally, "it will be in the sincere practice of what is good in their own religious traditions and by following the dictates of their own conscience that the members of other religions respond positively to God's invitation and receive salvation in Jesus Christ, even while they do not recognize or acknowledge him as their Saviour" Pope John Paul II

So, yeah I think those who have not received the gospel and be saved.

Good works and sincerity will NO get you to heaven. Sorry, but it is true. Only Jesus can. If they trusted in him, then they will go to heaven, and thats it.

I don't know, I mean when Christ was on the cross he said Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. Who was he talking about? He was talking about the men that put him there.
I agree with you that is through Christ that we are saved, but for those that haven't learned then or do not know, I think they will have a chance.... But if you know or think it to be so and deny Christ into your heart b/c of other desires, well i would think that's pretty risky.
Me
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 10:11:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have gleaned something important from this discussion: none of you actually care about your god. You simply worship him for selfish reasons.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 10:18:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am increasingly warming to the thought that "freely choosing" your own destiny in hell is simply incoherent.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
unitedandy
Posts: 1,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 11:02:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/14/2012 10:18:09 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
I am increasingly warming to the thought that "freely choosing" your own destiny in hell is simply incoherent.

lol
KeytarHero
Posts: 612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 11:48:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
So what actually makes you a Christian? You certain don't act like one in your assessment of other Christians.

The word Christian literally means "like Christ," or a follower of Christ. In Acts we are told that the way to be saved is to confess Christ with our mouth and believe in our hearts God has raised Him from the dead. Being a Christian doesn't save you, but putting your faith in Christ does. If your religion doesn't put faith in Christ for salvation, your religion can't save you. If your religion puts faith in a Christ, but believes in things contrary to what Jesus taught, then your religion can't save you. Jesus is the only name given by which man must be saved.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 12:11:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 2:17:17 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 2/13/2012 11:07:59 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
If a god wants to inflict eternal torture on an individual for not fulfilling his worship fantasies, then he is clearly an unjust god who does not deserve to be worshipped.

If God revealed himself to you and instructed you to both worship him and follow the teachings of the bible, would you?

Maikuru: IF god revealed himself to you and instructed you to both worship him and follow the teachings of the bible, would you?

The Fool: At first glance this may seem ignorantly innocent, untill you realize that if god told Maikuru to murder others (infidels) which it does suggest and happens he may murder you!!!!
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 12:23:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 11:07:59 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
If a god wants to inflict eternal torture on an individual for not fulfilling his worship fantasies, then he is clearly an unjust god who does not deserve to be worshipped.

The Fool: ahmen to that! ;) Respect!!! to Royalpaladin.

"Have courage to use your own understanding!" Kant
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 12:34:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/13/2012 11:16:18 AM, yoda878 wrote:
It is their beliefs not sure why they do this b/c no one is going to be judging but god he is the only one that knows your desires and heart.
But then again, if that's their beliefs that they know those things who am i to judge lol

The Fool: WTF? Rewind that back!!!

yoda: god is the only one that knows your desires and heart.

The Fool: Only you know your heart and desires!!!!! Even for you to know that god know you desires. Presupposes you already know what they are.

Another one down. Cute too. ;(
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL