Total Posts:108|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Challenge to the Theists

wingalbrave
Posts: 201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 11:36:42 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Since you want to spread your political might by converting everyone, I hereby issue a challenge to you.

Take a three-day-old corpse from a morgue that has been verified as dead by an Atheist doctor. On live television in front of the entire world, gather all of your "spiritual" powers and raise that three-day-old corpse from the dead.

If you can do that, I will believe in a god.

If not, then you have no evidence.
wingalbrave
Posts: 201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 11:47:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 11:45:28 AM, Koopin wrote:
lol, wut?

This is simple, Mr. Clown. Prove that all of you have spiritual might and resurrect the body.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 11:49:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 11:47:25 AM, wingalbrave wrote:
At 2/16/2012 11:45:28 AM, Koopin wrote:
lol, wut?

This is simple, Mr. Clown. Prove that all of you have spiritual might and resurrect the body.

Ok, so if I do this, you will believe?
kfc
wingalbrave
Posts: 201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 11:49:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 11:49:16 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 2/16/2012 11:47:25 AM, wingalbrave wrote:
At 2/16/2012 11:45:28 AM, Koopin wrote:
lol, wut?

This is simple, Mr. Clown. Prove that all of you have spiritual might and resurrect the body.

Ok, so if I do this, you will believe?

Yes. You must fulfill all of the instructions in the OP.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 11:51:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 11:49:45 AM, wingalbrave wrote:
At 2/16/2012 11:49:16 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 2/16/2012 11:47:25 AM, wingalbrave wrote:
At 2/16/2012 11:45:28 AM, Koopin wrote:
lol, wut?

This is simple, Mr. Clown. Prove that all of you hav

Ok, so if I do this, you will believe?

Yes. You must fulfill all of the instructions in the OP.

Turn on your tv right now bro.
kfc
wingalbrave
Posts: 201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 1:12:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 11:51:50 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 2/16/2012 11:49:45 AM, wingalbrave wrote:
At 2/16/2012 11:49:16 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 2/16/2012 11:47:25 AM, wingalbrave wrote:
At 2/16/2012 11:45:28 AM, Koopin wrote:
lol, wut?

This is simple, Mr. Clown. Prove that all of you hav

Ok, so if I do this, you will believe?

Yes. You must fulfill all of the instructions in the OP.

Turn on your tv right now bro.

LOL, absolute b.s. Which channel, Mr. Clown?
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 4:00:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If Koopin is Mr. Clown, then you are Mr. D!kozo....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 4:01:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 3:47:39 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Theists don't claim to be miracle workers last time I checked

go on youtube and search miracle workers.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 4:05:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 11:36:42 AM, wingalbrave wrote:
Since you want to spread your political might by converting everyone, I hereby issue a challenge to you.

Take a three-day-old corpse from a morgue that has been verified as dead by an Atheist doctor. On live television in front of the entire world, gather all of your "spiritual" powers and raise that three-day-old corpse from the dead.

If you can do that, I will believe in a god.

If not, then you have no evidence.

Christians don't resurrect people Christ does?
Me
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 4:09:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 4:05:16 PM, yoda878 wrote:
At 2/16/2012 11:36:42 AM, wingalbrave wrote:
Since you want to spread your political might by converting everyone, I hereby issue a challenge to you.

Take a three-day-old corpse from a morgue that has been verified as dead by an Atheist doctor. On live television in front of the entire world, gather all of your "spiritual" powers and raise that three-day-old corpse from the dead.

If you can do that, I will believe in a god.

If not, then you have no evidence.

Christians don't resurrect people Christ does?

sense this didn't say Christians i should probably fix this to God. by bad proceed.
Me
Jon1
Posts: 314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 4:38:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 11:36:42 AM, wingalbrave wrote:
Since you want to spread your political might by converting everyone, I hereby issue a challenge to you.

Take a three-day-old corpse from a morgue that has been verified as dead by an Atheist doctor. On live television in front of the entire world, gather all of your "spiritual" powers and raise that three-day-old corpse from the dead.

If you can do that, I will believe in a god.

If not, then you have no evidence.

If the big bang gives me money, I'll convert.

If not, then you have no evidence for atheism.
wingalbrave
Posts: 201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 4:39:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 3:47:39 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Theists don't claim to be miracle workers last time I checked...I'm an Athiest and I think this thread is stupid tbh

No, it is not. They make assertions without proof and then complain when nobody believes them. I am giving them the opportunity to prove that they are correct. Is that not what they wish, after all? I am being just and fair. Surely if they are the chosen people, they can convince their gods to make the world bow to them, yes?
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 5:04:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 4:39:48 PM, wingalbrave wrote:
At 2/16/2012 3:47:39 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Theists don't claim to be miracle workers last time I checked...I'm an Athiest and I think this thread is stupid tbh

No, it is not. They make assertions without proof and then complain when nobody believes them. I am giving them the opportunity to prove that they are correct. Is that not what they wish, after all? I am being just and fair. Surely if they are the chosen people, they can convince their gods to make the world bow to them, yes?
It's still a silly way to make your point. Theism is about faith or belief without need of proof.

If you believe that there is no god or gods, then you believe in atheism.
If you know that there is no god or gods, then you are a gnostic.
If you are both, then you are a gnostic-atheist.

If you believe that there is no god or gods, then you believe in atheism.
If you do not know, are not sure, or think it unknowable that there is a god or gods, then you are an agnostic.
If you are both, then you are an agnostic-atheist.

I'm an agnostic-theist.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
wingalbrave
Posts: 201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 5:05:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 5:04:22 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 2/16/2012 4:39:48 PM, wingalbrave wrote:
At 2/16/2012 3:47:39 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Theists don't claim to be miracle workers last time I checked...I'm an Athiest and I think this thread is stupid tbh

No, it is not. They make assertions without proof and then complain when nobody believes them. I am giving them the opportunity to prove that they are correct. Is that not what they wish, after all? I am being just and fair. Surely if they are the chosen people, they can convince their gods to make the world bow to them, yes?
It's still a silly way to make your point. Theism is about faith or belief without need of proof.

If you believe that there is no god or gods, then you believe in atheism.
If you know that there is no god or gods, then you are a gnostic.
If you are both, then you are a gnostic-atheist.

If you believe that there is no god or gods, then you believe in atheism.
If you do not know, are not sure, or think it unknowable that there is a god or gods, then you are an agnostic.
If you are both, then you are an agnostic-atheist.

I'm an agnostic-theist.

If this is true, then they have no need to convince others. Why should they care as long as they have faith?
wingalbrave
Posts: 201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 5:07:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 4:38:47 PM, Jon1 wrote:
At 2/16/2012 11:36:42 AM, wingalbrave wrote:
Since you want to spread your political might by converting everyone, I hereby issue a challenge to you.

Take a three-day-old corpse from a morgue that has been verified as dead by an Atheist doctor. On live television in front of the entire world, gather all of your "spiritual" powers and raise that three-day-old corpse from the dead.

If you can do that, I will believe in a god.

If not, then you have no evidence.

If the big bang gives me money, I'll convert.

Does God give you money? Most atheists are richer than theists are.
The Big Bang is a phenomenon. It is not supposed to give you money.
Your statement also demonstrates that you only worship because you are hoping to gain unearned funds.
If not, then you have no evidence for atheism.
I do not need evidence. The burden of proof is on you because you are making a positive claim.
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 5:13:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The person who makes the claim, REGARDLESS of a positive or negative claim, has the BOP.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
wingalbrave
Posts: 201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 5:32:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 5:13:41 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
The person who makes the claim, REGARDLESS of a positive or negative claim, has the BOP.

No, the person who make a positive claim has the BoP. If someone says vampires do not exist, they have no burden of proof because there is no evidence that they do exist. Instead, the person who says that vampires exist must prove this to be true. Similarly, there is no evidence that God exists, so someone who claims that God does not has no BoP. Rather, the person who contends that God exists does.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 5:43:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 5:32:36 PM, wingalbrave wrote:
At 2/16/2012 5:13:41 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
The person who makes the claim, REGARDLESS of a positive or negative claim, has the BOP.

No, the person who make a positive claim has the BoP. If someone says vampires do not exist, they have no burden of proof because there is no evidence that they do exist. Instead, the person who says that vampires exist must prove this to be true. Similarly, there is no evidence that God exists, so someone who claims that God does not has no BoP. Rather, the person who contends that God exists does.

Twilight.
Oldfrith
Posts: 301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 7:55:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
If this is true, then they have no need to convince others. Why should they care as long as they have faith?

Christians believe in hell.
Christians don't want people to go to hell.
Simple right?

BTW, Christianity is all about FAITH, not sight.
You know how people, when they don't know the meaning of a word, automatically think it's appropriate?
Well, How about this one:
Schloop-Schloop-Ping-a-Pang-bong
Which means:
To play a vigorous game of monopoly
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 8:13:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/18/2012 7:55:05 AM, Oldfrith wrote:
If this is true, then they have no need to convince others. Why should they care as long as they have faith?

Christians believe in hell.
Christians don't want people to go to hell.
Simple right?

BTW, Christianity is all about FAITH, not sight.

The OP was referring to the fact that Christians feel the uge to convert others.
MyVoiceInYourHead
Posts: 260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2012 8:43:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 4:05:16 PM, yoda878 wrote:
At 2/16/2012 11:36:42 AM, wingalbrave wrote:
Since you want to spread your political might by converting everyone, I hereby issue a challenge to you.

Take a three-day-old corpse from a morgue that has been verified as dead by an Atheist doctor. On live television in front of the entire world, gather all of your "spiritual" powers and raise that three-day-old corpse from the dead.

If you can do that, I will believe in a god.

If not, then you have no evidence.

Christians don't resurrect people Christ does?

I dont think this is correct.

Peter in Acts 9: 36-43 raised Dorcas.

Paul in Acts 20:7-12 raised the young man Eutychus.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 7:18:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 11:36:42 AM, wingalbrave wrote:
Since you want to spread your political might by converting everyone, I hereby issue a challenge to you.

Take a three-day-old corpse from a morgue that has been verified as dead by an Atheist doctor. On live television in front of the entire world, gather all of your "spiritual" powers and raise that three-day-old corpse from the dead.

If you can do that, I will believe in a god.

If not, then you have no evidence.
Listen Ma'am, your challenge is too stupid to even be used as a joke on Simpsons.

First, you need to find a theist here who believes that prayer comes with unlimited power. Second, all miracles performed by Prophets (peace be upon them) were unique to their times. That's why only certain Prophets could perform certain miraculous acts. Third, slightly intelligent atheists reading your 'challenge' probably won't die anytime soon, because the laughter resulting from reading your post definitely lengthens one's life.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 9:30:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2012 11:36:42 AM, wingalbrave wrote:
Challenge to Theists

I do believe this challenge is best suited to only be extended Directly to Jesus and other claimed voodoo doctors.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Blithe
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 1:19:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"After all, the Christian does not base his faith on inexplicable occurrences, but on good reasoning, and perhaps a little existentialism. It is always fascinating to me that the atheist assumes he will take pride of place within Christianity, were he ever to believe. He 'tests' the claim of religion with the following mentality: 'Of course you peasant Christians had to study philosophy, struggle with doubt, and live the sacramental life, but if I am to believe in God, it will be because He made a cow levitate around my head, and subsequently bought me an aaa-reo-plane.'"
—Marc Barnes

http://www.patheos.com...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 2:05:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/18/2012 8:43:14 AM, MyVoiceInYourHead wrote:
At 2/16/2012 4:05:16 PM, yoda878 wrote:
At 2/16/2012 11:36:42 AM, wingalbrave wrote:
Since you want to spread your political might by converting everyone, I hereby issue a challenge to you.

Take a three-day-old corpse from a morgue that has been verified as dead by an Atheist doctor. On live television in front of the entire world, gather all of your "spiritual" powers and raise that three-day-old corpse from the dead.

If you can do that, I will believe in a god.

If not, then you have no evidence.

Christians don't resurrect people Christ does?

I dont think this is correct.

Peter in Acts 9: 36-43 raised Dorcas.

Paul in Acts 20:7-12 raised the young man Eutychus.

But, THEY didn't raise them from the dead, God did.

And what makes you think God is at our beck and call?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 2:06:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Here, evolve into a fish and back on live television, and I'll believe in Atheism.

Thats basically what you want us to do.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-