Total Posts:33|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Predictions made by evolution

Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:18:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It appears that the theory of evolution has made some remarkable predictions that have since been shown to be true: http://chem.tufts.edu...

The question is: how do Creationist explain the predictions made? it appears Creatioinsm is lacking in predictions; in other words, Creationism predicts a different universe.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 10:19:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The question is: how do Creationist explain the predictions made? it appears Creatioinsm is lacking in predictions; in other words, Creationism predicts a different universe.

God did it.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 10:21:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 9:18:20 AM, Microsuck wrote:
It appears that the theory of evolution has made some remarkable predictions that have since been shown to be true: http://chem.tufts.edu...

The question is: how do Creationist explain the predictions made? it appears Creatioinsm is lacking in predictions; in other words, Creationism predicts a different universe.

God is testing us by making up false evidence. He is lying to us, and thus sinning, in order to prevent us from sinning.
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 10:39:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 10:21:00 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/21/2012 9:18:20 AM, Microsuck wrote:
It appears that the theory of evolution has made some remarkable predictions that have since been shown to be true: http://chem.tufts.edu...

The question is: how do Creationist explain the predictions made? it appears Creatioinsm is lacking in predictions; in other words, Creationism predicts a different universe.

God is testing us by making up false evidence. He is lying to us, and thus sinning, in order to prevent us from sinning.

Oh, so God is now a liar? What a hypocrite. He is breaking his own commandment.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 11:54:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 9:18:20 AM, Microsuck wrote:
It appears that the theory of evolution has made some remarkable predictions that have since been shown to be true: http://chem.tufts.edu...

The question is: how do Creationist explain the predictions made? it appears Creatioinsm is lacking in predictions; in other words, Creationism predicts a different universe.

what a silly paradigm.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 11:57:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 11:54:59 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/21/2012 9:18:20 AM, Microsuck wrote:
It appears that the theory of evolution has made some remarkable predictions that have since been shown to be true: http://chem.tufts.edu...

The question is: how do Creationist explain the predictions made? it appears Creatioinsm is lacking in predictions; in other words, Creationism predicts a different universe.

what a silly paradigm.

Do you actually have a reason, or are you just spewing Creationist vitriol again?
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 11:57:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 11:54:59 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/21/2012 9:18:20 AM, Microsuck wrote:
It appears that the theory of evolution has made some remarkable predictions that have since been shown to be true: http://chem.tufts.edu...

The question is: how do Creationist explain the predictions made? it appears Creatioinsm is lacking in predictions; in other words, Creationism predicts a different universe.

what a silly paradigm.

Don't understand. "What a silly paradigm"
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 12:24:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 11:57:06 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/21/2012 11:54:59 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/21/2012 9:18:20 AM, Microsuck wrote:
It appears that the theory of evolution has made some remarkable predictions that have since been shown to be true: http://chem.tufts.edu...

The question is: how do Creationist explain the predictions made? it appears Creatioinsm is lacking in predictions; in other words, Creationism predicts a different universe.

what a silly paradigm.

Do you actually have a reason, or are you just spewing Creationist vitriol again?

Sure, reason one...far to many assumptions. Read the short story Idiocracy. (its a movie if you prefer) or 1984. Your view determines the accuracy of the "prediction". BTW recent research indicates traditional Darwinian theory is incorrect. Change occurs in one generation. Further, I am a christian and evoition is a fact. Second reason, creationist, as viewed in contemporary society, either a) do not exist in mainstream Christian or b} are ignorant by choice. (thus they cannot predict squat)

predictions by religious persons that are viewed by many as accurate....See Rerum Novarum and disreibutioinism.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 12:31:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's retrospective predictions. Creationists wait for the evidence, then make up the theory.

It seems like a strange system, but when trying to prove a theory it is the best way. Theoretical science starts by using current evidence and forming it into a theory, then filling the gaps. Then they try and find evidence for the gaps. Then the theory is correct / wrong, and it is finalised / fixed / abandoned.

Creation finds the evidence. Then the evidence is hung as close to it as possible, and doesn't take a leap anywhere which can be proven. Then, when new evidence comes along, the idea jumps onto that island of evidence as well, and claims that was the theory's prediction.

In other words, evolution makes predictions, which come true, which grant credibility to scientists. Creation makes predictions which have been proven beforehand to grant credibility to the public. Evolution acts with forethought, creation with afterthought.

For example, evolutionary biologists are looking for ways to make any form of life from basic materials (either chemical evolution, or 'grand' cellular evolution). Now, although the possibility of basic life is not impossible according to the predictions of creation, a Creationist will state that it is impossible for life to be created. However, I will make a prediction: when (notice I did not say if) we can make our own chemical evolution, creationists will either state the experiment was false, but eventually concede their point, yet state that their theory predicted this as well.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 12:39:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 11:57:08 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 2/21/2012 11:54:59 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/21/2012 9:18:20 AM, Microsuck wrote:
It appears that the theory of evolution has made some remarkable predictions that have since been shown to be true: http://chem.tufts.edu...

The question is: how do Creationist explain the predictions made? it appears Creatioinsm is lacking in predictions; in other words, Creationism predicts a different universe.

what a silly paradigm.

Don't understand. "What a silly paradigm"

What....an english word used in interrogatories or as a pronoun
sill,,,funny, non erudite
paradigm a particular construct of an individual or group
The paradigm of the questioner is silly.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 4:14:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 3:10:38 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Why does an Atheist have a picture of William Lane Craig as his display pic? Blasphemer! lol

So are you implying that atheism is a religion?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 4:37:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If this is the religious forum; and evolution isn't a religion... why isn't it in the science forum?

Possibly because you prefer to be intolerant to religious beliefs.

Almost every post on here was neither - fair, objective, or permissive.

It was just a bunch sh*t talking.

But that link was interesting, though didn't prove evolution.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 4:41:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 4:37:54 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
If this is the religious forum; and evolution isn't a religion... why isn't it in the science forum?

Possibly because you prefer to be intolerant to religious beliefs.

Almost every post on here was neither - fair, objective, or permissive.

It was just a bunch sh*t talking.

But that link was interesting, though didn't prove evolution.

How is bringing up scientific evidence intolerant to religious beliefs?
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 4:55:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 4:37:54 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
If this is the religious forum; and evolution isn't a religion... why isn't it in the science forum?

Possibly because you prefer to be intolerant to religious beliefs.

Almost every post on here was neither - fair, objective, or permissive.

It was just a bunch sh*t talking.

But that link was interesting, though didn't prove evolution.

We allow you to speak, that's permissive. We respond to what you say, that's fair. And I have an opinion. That makes it relative. No-one in the forum is constantly objective. You need to be objective when you vote only.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 5:41:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 4:55:49 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 2/21/2012 4:37:54 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

We allow you to speak, that's permissive. We respond to what you say, that's fair. And I have an opinion. That makes it relative. No-one in the forum is constantly objective. You need to be objective when you vote only.

"God is testing us by making up false evidence. He is lying to us, and thus sinning, in order to prevent us from sinning."

"Oh, so God is now a liar? What a hypocrite. He is breaking his own commandment."

Those are intolerant statements - based on the deffinition of tolerance.
They aren't fair or permissive - they're dispespectful and have hint of despise in them.

If I called a homosexual a f-a-g, it would be a hate crime... i know someone who been arrested for it. (though it was a d*ck comment, and unprovoked)

If I said "who cares if an athiest lady dies a painful death due to cancer! Her life didn't mean sh*t anyways!"
I'd be an intolerant prick.

But you can walk up and down the street using Jesus's name as a profanity, and i can't say sh*t.. well i can, but would only be met with resistance, and claims of me being intolerant toward there right to free speech.

Why, of all beliefs, do you feel the need to f*ck with us so much? just curious.. We don't impose sh*t on you.. you can just as easily tell a Christian to f*ck off if the try to witness to you.. we believe there is a God who loves us and sent his son to die for us, and we should in turn be humble, kind, an generous; are we always? H3LL NO, but why do care so much anyway?
if you know you beliefs are ture.. why do you feel the need to even discuss it with us?
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
BennyW
Posts: 698
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 5:45:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have one for you, predictions found in the Bible that were later found to be true.
In Genesis it says that God put all the water in one place, implying all the land was in one place, this was written before the theory of Pangaea had even developed.
This site lists some good examples, and some that are not the best.
http://www.eternal-productions.org...
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 6:29:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 5:45:15 PM, BennyW wrote:
I have one for you, predictions found in the Bible that were later found to be true.
In Genesis it says that God put all the water in one place, implying all the land was in one place, this was written before the theory of Pangaea had even developed.
This site lists some good examples, and some that are not the best.
http://www.eternal-productions.org...

Uhhhh...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com...
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 6:32:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 4:14:26 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 2/21/2012 3:10:38 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Why does an Atheist have a picture of William Lane Craig as his display pic? Blasphemer! lol

So are you implying that atheism is a religion?

Yes I was implying that Atheism was a religion, in jest (hence the "lol). In reality Atheism not a religion.

Calling "not believing in God" a religion would be like calling "not collecting baseball cards" a hobby, or "not playing basketball" a sport.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 6:33:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 6:29:02 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 2/21/2012 5:45:15 PM, BennyW wrote:
I have one for you, predictions found in the Bible that were later found to be true.
In Genesis it says that God put all the water in one place, implying all the land was in one place, this was written before the theory of Pangaea had even developed.
This site lists some good examples, and some that are not the best.
http://www.eternal-productions.org...

Uhhhh...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com...

And this:

http://www.aarweb.org...
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 6:36:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 10:19:44 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
The question is: how do Creationist explain the predictions made? it appears Creatioinsm is lacking in predictions; in other words, Creationism predicts a different universe.

God did it.

Lol
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 6:38:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 10:39:48 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 2/21/2012 10:21:00 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/21/2012 9:18:20 AM, Microsuck wrote:
It appears that the theory of evolution has made some remarkable predictions that have since been shown to be true: http://chem.tufts.edu...

The question is: how do Creationist explain the predictions made? it appears Creatioinsm is lacking in predictions; in other words, Creationism predicts a different universe.

God is testing us by making up false evidence. He is lying to us, and thus sinning, in order to prevent us from sinning.

Oh, so God is now a liar? What a hypocrite. He is breaking his own commandment.

But he's "perfect"......... Not.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 8:54:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 6:38:26 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/21/2012 10:39:48 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 2/21/2012 10:21:00 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/21/2012 9:18:20 AM, Microsuck wrote:
It appears that the theory of evolution has made some remarkable predictions that have since been shown to be true: http://chem.tufts.edu...

The question is: how do Creationist explain the predictions made? it appears Creatioinsm is lacking in predictions; in other words, Creationism predicts a different universe.

God is testing us by making up false evidence. He is lying to us, and thus sinning, in order to prevent us from sinning.

Oh, so God is now a liar? What a hypocrite. He is breaking his own commandment.

But he's "perfect"......... Not.

har har har.. so f*ckin funny!

It won't be so funny when he reveals himself and you're sh*tting your pants...

It's either you believe and are recieved - or you believe and nothing happens

For you; You deny and you are cast into the lake of fire, where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth - or you deny and nothing happens.

You really don't have much to lose in believing if you are wrong.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
tornshoe92
Posts: 361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:48:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 8:54:48 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 2/21/2012 6:38:26 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/21/2012 10:39:48 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 2/21/2012 10:21:00 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/21/2012 9:18:20 AM, Microsuck wrote:
It appears that the theory of evolution has made some remarkable predictions that have since been shown to be true: http://chem.tufts.edu...

The question is: how do Creationist explain the predictions made? it appears Creatioinsm is lacking in predictions; in other words, Creationism predicts a different universe.

God is testing us by making up false evidence. He is lying to us, and thus sinning, in order to prevent us from sinning.

Oh, so God is now a liar? What a hypocrite. He is breaking his own commandment.

But he's "perfect"......... Not.

har har har.. so f*ckin funny!

It won't be so funny when he reveals himself and you're sh*tting your pants...

It's either you believe and are recieved - or you believe and nothing happens

For you; You deny and you are cast into the lake of fire, where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth - or you deny and nothing happens.

You really don't have much to lose in believing if you are wrong.

That idea has been rehashed so many times that I see it in my sleep, in great big 24 point font.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:51:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Personally, I believe in a mix of the two. I believe life was started by God, and he has gently guided the course of evolution.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:53:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 9:51:07 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Personally, I believe in a mix of the two. I believe life was started by God, and he has gently guided the course of evolution.

I could second that idea.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:54:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 6:38:26 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/21/2012 10:39:48 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 2/21/2012 10:21:00 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/21/2012 9:18:20 AM, Microsuck wrote:
It appears that the theory of evolution has made some remarkable predictions that have since been shown to be true: http://chem.tufts.edu...

The question is: how do Creationist explain the predictions made? it appears Creatioinsm is lacking in predictions; in other words, Creationism predicts a different universe.

God is testing us by making up false evidence. He is lying to us, and thus sinning, in order to prevent us from sinning.

Oh, so God is now a liar? What a hypocrite. He is breaking his own commandment.

But he's "perfect"......... Not.

And what exactly do you know about God? And define "perfect".
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 10:16:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 8:54:48 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 2/21/2012 6:38:26 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 2/21/2012 10:39:48 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 2/21/2012 10:21:00 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 2/21/2012 9:18:20 AM, Microsuck wrote:
It appears that the theory of evolution has made some remarkable predictions that have since been shown to be true: http://chem.tufts.edu...

The question is: how do Creationist explain the predictions made? it appears Creatioinsm is lacking in predictions; in other words, Creationism predicts a different universe.

God is testing us by making up false evidence. He is lying to us, and thus sinning, in order to prevent us from sinning.

Oh, so God is now a liar? What a hypocrite. He is breaking his own commandment.

But he's "perfect"......... Not.

har har har.. so f*ckin funny!

It won't be so funny when he reveals himself and you're sh*tting your pants...

It's either you believe and are recieved - or you believe and nothing happens

For you; You deny and you are cast into the lake of fire, where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth - or you deny and nothing happens.

You really don't have much to lose in believing if you are wrong.
I waste my time and energy worshipping an unjust demon.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 11:15:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 9:53:53 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/21/2012 9:51:07 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Personally, I believe in a mix of the two. I believe life was started by God, and he has gently guided the course of evolution.

I could second that idea.

I believe in evolution to an extent. Micro, yes. Macro? Eh.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-