Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

Is Catholicism A Real Religion *

inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 11:34:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Some say that Catholicism is a secualrized cult that was organized because it wanted to accept an unconventional truth. Do you believe this to be so. Lets talk about this.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 11:59:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 11:34:34 AM, inferno wrote:
Some say that Catholicism is a secualrized cult that was organized because it wanted to accept an unconventional truth. Do you believe this to be so. Lets talk about this.

Catholicism is almost 2000 years old. Is there a particular Rite you are interested in?
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 12:05:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 11:59:56 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/22/2012 11:34:34 AM, inferno wrote:
Some say that Catholicism is a secualrized cult that was organized because it wanted to accept an unconventional truth. Do you believe this to be so. Lets talk about this.

Catholicism is almost 2000 years old. Is there a particular Rite you are interested in?

No. But it does seem that many of you have walked far away from the real truth and basic fundamentals of the Bible. Since when was it okay to have your own rules of dire engagement.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 12:07:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 12:05:00 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/22/2012 11:59:56 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/22/2012 11:34:34 AM, inferno wrote:
Some say that Catholicism is a secualrized cult that was organized because it wanted to accept an unconventional truth. Do you believe this to be so. Lets talk about this.

Catholicism is almost 2000 years old. Is there a particular Rite you are interested in?

No. But it does seem that many of you have walked far away from the real truth and basic fundamentals of the Bible. Since when was it okay to have your own rules of dire engagement.

Seems that way does it? Well things are never as they seem.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 12:26:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 12:07:20 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/22/2012 12:05:00 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/22/2012 11:59:56 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/22/2012 11:34:34 AM, inferno wrote:
Some say that Catholicism is a secualrized cult that was organized because it wanted to accept an unconventional truth. Do you believe this to be so. Lets talk about this.

Catholicism is almost 2000 years old. Is there a particular Rite you are interested in?

No. But it does seem that many of you have walked far away from the real truth and basic fundamentals of the Bible. Since when was it okay to have your own rules of dire engagement.

Seems that way does it? Well things are never as they seem.

Says who ? It this were not the case, then there would not be so much hatred for the Catholic Church as it stands today. Do you need details. No, I dont think you want to hear what I have to say.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 12:32:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 12:05:00 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/22/2012 11:59:56 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/22/2012 11:34:34 AM, inferno wrote:
Some say that Catholicism is a secualrized cult that was organized because it wanted to accept an unconventional truth. Do you believe this to be so. Lets talk about this.

Catholicism is almost 2000 years old. Is there a particular Rite you are interested in?

No. But it does seem that many of you have walked far away from the real truth and basic fundamentals of the Bible. Since when was it okay to have your own rules of dire engagement.

Give some example to prove your point instead of making baseless assertions.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 12:38:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 12:26:54 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/22/2012 12:07:20 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/22/2012 12:05:00 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/22/2012 11:59:56 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/22/2012 11:34:34 AM, inferno wrote:
Some say that Catholicism is a secualrized cult that was organized because it wanted to accept an unconventional truth. Do you believe this to be so. Lets talk about this.

Catholicism is almost 2000 years old. Is there a particular Rite you are interested in?

No. But it does seem that many of you have walked far away from the real truth and basic fundamentals of the Bible. Since when was it okay to have your own rules of dire engagement.

Seems that way does it? Well things are never as they seem.

Says who ? It this were not the case, then there would not be so much hatred for the Catholic Church as it stands today. Do you need details. No, I dont think you want to hear what I have to say.

You are off the wall. Pick a place t begin and I shall attempt to explain. The bible is a collection of works codefied into holy scripture by the council of Ephesus around 300ad. (gnostics were rampant) The septugint was used pursuant to the determination of the Jews. King James was a King in England, he wrote one too for use in England to keep the people in line.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 12:44:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Of course Catholicism is a real religion. Jainism and Buddhism are real religions even though they do not believe in any gods. The questions about Catholicism are about details of classifying the religion.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 12:47:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 12:44:36 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Of course Catholicism is a real religion. Jainism and Buddhism are real religions even though they do not believe in any gods. The questions about Catholicism are about details of classifying the religion.

Yes, you are correct. Because the Protestant Reformation was questionable by some. And there are those who would even classify this religion as a cult.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 3:22:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 12:47:13 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/22/2012 12:44:36 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Of course Catholicism is a real religion. Jainism and Buddhism are real religions even though they do not believe in any gods. The questions about Catholicism are about details of classifying the religion.

Yes, you are correct. Because the Protestant Reformation was questionable by some. And there are those who would even classify this religion as a cult.

False. Next!
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 3:48:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 3:26:19 PM, Islam_Forever wrote:
Guys, there is only one religion. All the rest is watered-down, metaphorical nonsense.

What religion is that then.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 3:53:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 3:48:50 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/22/2012 3:26:19 PM, Islam_Forever wrote:
Guys, there is only one religion. All the rest is watered-down, metaphorical nonsense.

What religion is that then.

French.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 4:05:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 3:48:50 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/22/2012 3:26:19 PM, Islam_Forever wrote:
Guys, there is only one religion. All the rest is watered-down, metaphorical nonsense.

What religion is that then.

Can I guess what religion Islam_Forever favors? No clues.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 4:14:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 4:05:07 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 2/22/2012 3:48:50 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/22/2012 3:26:19 PM, Islam_Forever wrote:
Guys, there is only one religion. All the rest is watered-down, metaphorical nonsense.

What religion is that then.

Can I guess what religion Islam_Forever favors? No clues.

I got nothing. Atheism?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 4:19:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 4:14:55 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/22/2012 4:05:07 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 2/22/2012 3:48:50 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/22/2012 3:26:19 PM, Islam_Forever wrote:
Guys, there is only one religion. All the rest is watered-down, metaphorical nonsense.

What religion is that then.

Can I guess what religion Islam_Forever favors? No clues.

I got nothing. Atheism?

FRENCH
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 4:22:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is a ridiculous thread. Whether or not their beliefs are ridiculous or follow the Bible, they are still a religion.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 4:23:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 4:05:07 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 2/22/2012 3:48:50 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/22/2012 3:26:19 PM, Islam_Forever wrote:
Guys, there is only one religion. All the rest is watered-down, metaphorical nonsense.

What religion is that then.

Can I guess what religion Islam_Forever favors? No clues.

ikr? lol
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 4:38:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 4:23:46 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/22/2012 4:05:07 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 2/22/2012 3:48:50 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/22/2012 3:26:19 PM, Islam_Forever wrote:
Guys, there is only one religion. All the rest is watered-down, metaphorical nonsense.

What religion is that then.

Can I guess what religion Islam_Forever favors? No clues.

ikr? lol

It's FRENCH goddammit!
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 4:43:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 11:34:34 AM, inferno wrote:
Some say that Catholicism is a secualrized cult that was organized because it wanted to accept an unconventional truth. Do you believe this to be so. Lets talk about this.

I believe Catholicism is a religion.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
Laurabell96
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 9:58:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm Catholic and I can assure you... IT'S REAL. It's the oldest form of Christianity, and you could argue that all forms of Protestantism are secularized cults.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 3:08:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 9:58:01 PM, Laurabell96 wrote:
I'm Catholic and I can assure you... IT'S REAL. It's the oldest form of Christianity, and you could argue that all forms of Protestantism are secularized cults.
Incorrect!

Council of Nicea onwards trinitarian catholicism became a Cult rejected by the Original & Earliest believers -

e.g. -

"It must be admitted by everyone who has the rudiments of an historical sense that the doctrine of the Trinity, as a doctrine, formed no part of the original message. St Paul knew it not, and would have been unable to understand the meaning of the terms used in the theological formula on which the Church ultimately agreed".
Dr. W R Matthews, Dean of St Paul's Cathedral, "God in Christian Thought and Experience", p.180

&

"In order to understand the doctrine of the Trinity it is necessary to understand that the doctrine is a development, and why it developed. ... It is a waste of time to attempt to read Trinitarian doctrine directly off the pages of the New Testament".
R Hanson: "Reasonable Belief, A survey of the Christian Faith, p.171-173,1980

&

"The formulation ‘One God in three Persons' was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century.... Among the Apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective"
New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1967, Vol. 14, p. 299.

&

It may startle those who are but acquainted with the popular writing of this day, yet, I believe, the most accurate consideration of the subject will lead us to acquiesce in the statement as a general truth, that the doctrines in question (viz., the Trinity and the Incarnation) have never been learned merely from Scripture.

&

Surely the sacred volume was never intended, and is not adapted to teach us our creed; however certain it is that we can prove our creed from it, when it has once been taught us. . . . From the very first, the rule has been, as a matter of fact, for the Church to teach the truth, and then appeal to Scripture in vindication of its own teaching.
Cardinal Newman, Roman Catholic - Arians of the Fourth Century (1833)

&

The subject of this fatal controversy, which kindled such deplorable divisions throughout the Christian world, was the doctrine of three Persons in the Godhead, a doctrine which in the three preceding centuries had happily escaped the vain curiosity of human researches, and have been left undefined and undetermined by any particular set of ideas.
J. L. Mosheim (D.D.), Lutheran, Ecclesiastical History (1863), from the translation by Murdock and Soames.

&

Was Jesus God to Paul and other early Christians? No. . . . . (Source: How the Bible became the Bible by Donald L. O'Dell - ISBN 0-7414-2993-4 Published by INFINITY Publishing.com)

Proving unambiguously the current catholic Cult is a corruption of the earliest beliefs!
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 3:09:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/22/2012 12:05:00 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/22/2012 11:59:56 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/22/2012 11:34:34 AM, inferno wrote:
Some say that Catholicism is a secualrized cult that was organized because it wanted to accept an unconventional truth. Do you believe this to be so. Lets talk about this.

Catholicism is almost 2000 years old. Is there a particular Rite you are interested in?

No. But it does seem that many of you have walked far away from the real truth and basic fundamentals of the Bible. Since when was it okay to have your own rules of dire engagement.

Yes you do know orthodox is the original christanity right?
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 5:49:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/1/2012 3:09:51 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 2/22/2012 12:05:00 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/22/2012 11:59:56 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/22/2012 11:34:34 AM, inferno wrote:
Some say that Catholicism is a secualrized cult that was organized because it wanted to accept an unconventional truth. Do you believe this to be so. Lets talk about this.

Catholicism is almost 2000 years old. Is there a particular Rite you are interested in?

No. But it does seem that many of you have walked far away from the real truth and basic fundamentals of the Bible. Since when was it okay to have your own rules of dire engagement.

Yes you do know orthodox is the original christanity right?

OK Children....settled, sorta, 1700 years ago...PS earliest still around....Coptic.