Total Posts:67|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

dat

pcmbrown
Posts: 198
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2009 12:47:23 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
GodSands appears to have an arch nemesis in Kleptin. Has anyone on this site truly devoted themselves to the refutation of DAT's beliefs?
"Did I shock you with this discovery.? Of curse not..!!"-banker
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2009 1:12:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I actually took up the mantle in going against both GodSands *and* DATCMOTO.

The problem is that once you have reached a certain level of experience in going against DATCMOTO, you realize that the only way to defeat him is to ignore him. All the novices rush head first, thinking they can topple him, that's the same as Don Quixote rushing towards the windmill.

Tarzan, after me, realizes now the proper procedure in dealing with DATCMOTO. He was most prolific after I found the correct path.

DATCMOTO doesn't have any beliefs, and he doesn't have any arguments. All he has is spam. Thus, if you want to join in, I suggest you read my signature.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2009 1:50:12 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/20/2009 1:12:06 PM, Kleptin wrote:
I actually took up the mantle in going against both GodSands *and* DATCMOTO.

The problem is that once you have reached a certain level of experience in going against DATCMOTO, you realize that the only way to defeat him is to ignore him. All the novices rush head first, thinking they can topple him, that's the same as Don Quixote rushing towards the windmill.

Tarzan, after me, realizes now the proper procedure in dealing with DATCMOTO. He was most prolific after I found the correct path.

DATCMOTO doesn't have any beliefs, and he doesn't have any arguments. All he has is spam. Thus, if you want to join in, I suggest you read my signature.

*Kleptin describes his own (and JCMTs) defeat*

I have only one nemesis.. satan.
Everyone else is just an ineffectual TOOL.

Matthew 12:30 (The Message)

30"This is WAR, and there is NO neutral ground. If you're not on my side, you're the ENEMY; if you're not helping, you're making things WORSE.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2009 2:58:28 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/20/2009 1:50:12 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
I have only one nemesis.. satan.
Everyone else is just an ineffectual TOOL.

You're a tool.

Anyways, as Kleptin stated, the only way to true "refute" DAT's rantings is to not refute them at all - just ignore it, talk to the person before. If he says anything sensible, consider talking to him on that point. But anything else? Waste of your time, breath and energy.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2009 3:07:33 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/20/2009 2:58:28 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/20/2009 1:50:12 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
I have only one nemesis.. satan.
Everyone else is just an ineffectual TOOL.

You're a tool.

No, you are! *and so on ad nauseum*

Anyways, as Kleptin stated, the only way to true "refute" DAT's rantings is to not refute them at all - just ignore it, talk to the person before. If he says anything sensible, consider talking to him on that point. But anything else? Waste of your time, breath and energy.

If you had an original thought it would die a horrible, lonely death.

Revelation 21:8 (New King James Version)
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
The Cross.. the Cross.
pcmbrown
Posts: 198
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2009 8:15:58 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
"I have only one nemesis.. satan.
Everyone else is just an ineffectual TOOL."
God is a TOOL?
"Did I shock you with this discovery.? Of curse not..!!"-banker
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2009 9:01:56 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
DATCMOTO doesn't understand the concept of a logical argument, so you can never lose.

DATCMOTO doesn't understand the concept of a disproof or a rebuttal, so you can never win.

DATCMOTO doesn't understand he concept of differing viewpoints, so you can't even agree to disagree.

When you're dealing with someone like that, there is no way to progress except to ignore him. Take it from someone who has dealt with him for a long time. If you start to ignore him, he'll start whining and crying like a little baby, getting more and more provocative because he's attention starved. I find that much more entertaining than reading long exchanges in which one person thinks he's making himself look good by arguing with DATCMOTO and ends up realizing that there is no such thing as win, lose, or draw; only a waste of time.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2009 8:44:23 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/20/2009 2:58:28 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/20/2009 1:50:12 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
I have only one nemesis.. satan.
Everyone else is just an ineffectual TOOL.

You're a tool.

Anyways, as Kleptin stated, the only way to true "refute" DAT's rantings is to not refute them at all - just ignore it, talk to the person before. If he says anything sensible, consider talking to him on that point. But anything else? Waste of your time, breath and energy.

And you say this while responding to his post.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2009 8:51:55 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/21/2009 8:44:23 AM, mongoose wrote:
At 6/20/2009 2:58:28 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/20/2009 1:50:12 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
I have only one nemesis.. satan.
Everyone else is just an ineffectual TOOL.

You're a tool.

Anyways, as Kleptin stated, the only way to true "refute" DAT's rantings is to not refute them at all - just ignore it, talk to the person before. If he says anything sensible, consider talking to him on that point. But anything else? Waste of your time, breath and energy.

And you say this while responding to his post.

I'm well aware of it, but in that instance I didn't mind wasting my time, breath and energy. Plus, it wasn't really a ranting that he made, and it was too good of an opportunity to pass up.
pcmbrown
Posts: 198
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2009 10:09:50 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Anyone up for compiling a book of DAT quotes, "God is going to have His way with you" and the like?
"Did I shock you with this discovery.? Of curse not..!!"-banker
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2009 12:36:04 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/21/2009 10:09:50 AM, pcmbrown wrote:
Anyone up for compiling a book of DAT quotes, "God is going to have His way with you" and the like?

I have a good collection of ones from GodSands and Galiban.... but alas, most of the ones from DAT aren't nearly as funny - just pathetically and awkwardly and painfully wrong.

Some of my favs:

GodStands: 2nd law of thermodynamics was introduced when sin was introduced.

GodStands: Intelligent falling is a step ahead of gravity. With no facts or no reasoning for gravity, step ahead and the reasoning will come clear and therefore the facts will become clear.

Galiban: The bible teaches that God prefers that Children die, go to heaven rather than be born into a horrible society to then perpetuate even more evil.

GodStands: Heaven is not a place for sarcastic people.

Datcmoto: Proof & logic NEED NOT reign supreme within RELIGIOUS debates or forums.

Galiban: Having more than one wife is a sin. God would have given David more wives to sate his lust to avoid him from doing a really bad s

Galiban: I have experienced things you think are foolish.

GodStands: I dont think Gordon Brown is a Christian... Where did all the people from american come from?

GodStands: God is God. You are the Devils stave. So ofcourse you would say all this.

Datcmoto: Which 'facts' regarding evolution were you thinking of exactly... that evolution theory is a GREATBIGDIRTYSTINKING LIE?

**********************************************

Just some from my personal collection...
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2009 1:46:16 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/22/2009 12:36:04 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 6/21/2009 10:09:50 AM, pcmbrown wrote:
Anyone up for compiling a book of DAT quotes, "God is going to have His way with you" and the like?

I have a good collection of ones from GodSands and Galiban.... but alas, most of the ones from DAT aren't nearly as funny - just pathetically and awkwardly and painfully wrong.

"just pathetically and awkwardly and painfully wrong."

Though not as awkward as this sentence one would hope..

Some of my favs:

GodStands: 2nd law of thermodynamics was introduced when sin was introduced.

GodStands: Intelligent falling is a step ahead of gravity. With no facts or no reasoning for gravity, step ahead and the reasoning will come clear and therefore the facts will become clear.

Galiban: The bible teaches that God prefers that Children die, go to heaven rather than be born into a horrible society to then perpetuate even more evil.

GodStands: Heaven is not a place for sarcastic people.

Datcmoto: Proof & logic NEED NOT reign supreme within RELIGIOUS debates or forums.

Galiban: Having more than one wife is a sin. God would have given David more wives to sate his lust to avoid him from doing a really bad s

Galiban: I have experienced things you think are foolish.

GodStands: I dont think Gordon Brown is a Christian... Where did all the people from american come from?

GodStands: God is God. You are the Devils stave. So ofcourse you would say all this.

Datcmoto: Which 'facts' regarding evolution were you thinking of exactly... that evolution theory is a GREATBIGDIRTYSTINKING LIE?

**********************************************

Just some from my personal collection...

Some of those are kinda funny..

BUT:

Matthew 12:30 (The Message)

30"This is war, and there is no neutral ground. If you're not on my side, you're the enemy; if you're not helping, you're making things worse.

The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2009 2:54:38 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/20/2009 8:15:58 PM, pcmbrown wrote:
"I have only one nemesis.. satan.
Everyone else is just an ineffectual TOOL."
God is a TOOL?

what an almost amusing misconception..
God is not, nor can be, 'everyone else'.

Ephesians 4:4-6 (New King James Version)
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you[a] all.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2009 3:02:22 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/20/2009 9:01:56 PM, Kleptin wrote:
DATCMOTO doesn't understand the concept of a logical argument, so you can never lose.

DATCMOTO doesn't understand the concept of a disproof or a rebuttal, so you can never win.

DATCMOTO doesn't understand he concept of differing viewpoints, so you can't even agree to disagree.

When you're dealing with someone like that, there is no way to progress except to ignore him. Take it from someone who has dealt with him for a long time. If you start to ignore him, he'll start whining and crying like a little baby, getting more and more provocative because he's attention starved. I find that much more entertaining than reading long exchanges in which one person thinks he's making himself look good by arguing with DATCMOTO and ends up realizing that there is no such thing as win, lose, or draw; only a waste of time.

*Kleptin explains the frustrations of hitting the immutable and everlasting Word of the Living God*

You guys feed on problems.. on questions..
You don't want solutions or answers..
You love darkness and sin.. you hate the light..
THIS is why you will not turn to God and allow Him to heal your lives.

One moment your all high and mighty and the next your calling Christ a raptor.
You don't fool me for a second.. not one.

Psalm 103:2-3 (New King James Version)

2 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
The Cross.. the Cross.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2009 5:48:49 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Wow, a guy that quotes scripture for every single post.
The site really did change while I was gone.

I think this guy might be more than water, josh, bthr, sadolite, and casopia put together (for all you old-timers who know what I'm talking about xD)... but then again, I never really did get all that deep in with the religious. I only meddled with the ones that claimed that they knew science and logic :P
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2009 8:09:16 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/22/2009 5:48:49 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
I only meddled with the ones that claimed that they knew science and logic :P

Galiban: I understand Logic.

Galiban: (((E ->D)^(E->C))->(A . B))

A = God punishes the children for the sins of the father.
B = God does not punish the children for the sins of the father.
C = God does not allow a child to be substituted in the rape charge of the father.
D = the children of the nation are punished for the national decisions.
E = God's Justice.

Because C and D are both true = A and B are both true.

GodStands: So how do you find out how you thought the universe started? By physical tools, probes and satilites... Tools like that can not be trusted.

GodStands: All diseases like scurvy have been caused by the 2nd law of thermodynamics, which did not exist when God made the universe.

Galiban: As far as God speaking would be measurable... I can only smile. I am the instrument which measures God.

GodStands: Who says those pills [Excedrine, Advil] will even held with out Jesus' prayers? Who makes anything react to anything?
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2009 11:01:01 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/22/2009 5:48:49 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
Wow, a guy that quotes scripture for every single post.
The site really did change while I was gone.

I think this guy might be more than water, josh, bthr, sadolite, and casopia put together (for all you old-timers who know what I'm talking about xD)... but then again, I never really did get all that deep in with the religious. I only meddled with the ones that claimed that they knew science and logic :P

*joined one year ago* Howdy ol' timer! or 'has been'..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2009 11:14:19 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/22/2009 11:01:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/22/2009 5:48:49 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
Wow, a guy that quotes scripture for every single post.
The site really did change while I was gone.

I think this guy might be more than water, josh, bthr, sadolite, and casopia put together (for all you old-timers who know what I'm talking about xD)... but then again, I never really did get all that deep in with the religious. I only meddled with the ones that claimed that they knew science and logic :P

*joined one year ago* Howdy ol' timer! or 'has been'..

Hmm, that's interesting. My first account and this account both say "1 year ago", and it says the same for some others who I know for sure joined long before me. Perhaps the site only measures in years after the first one?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2009 11:14:49 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Most of what Galiban says is OK, I don't find that he has problems getting his points through, or says anything ridiculous, even if I find fault with the legitimacy or validity of his statements.

Which is how things should be.

The biggest joke you can play on yourself in the forum, though, is to respond to either GodSands or DATCMOTO. Mostly DATCMOTO because GodSands has left, I believe.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2009 11:16:36 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/22/2009 8:09:16 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
Galiban: I understand Logic.

Galiban: (((E ->D)^(E->C))->(A . B))

Unfortunately, I do not know how to read formal logic symbol thingies.

Galiban: As far as God speaking would be measurable... I can only smile. I am the instrument which measures God.

Though this quote was pretty telling.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2009 11:18:06 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/22/2009 11:14:49 AM, Kleptin wrote:
The biggest joke you can play on yourself in the forum, though, is to respond to either GodSands or DATCMOTO. Mostly DATCMOTO because GodSands has left, I believe.

I will remember that :D
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2009 11:21:54 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
People rarely do, they lack the self control <.<

What people don't realize is that a troll =/= easy target. You don't flex debate muscles when you argue with a troll, you just start looking stupid.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2009 11:21:59 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/22/2009 11:16:36 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 6/22/2009 8:09:16 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
Galiban: I understand Logic.

Galiban: (((E ->D)^(E->C))->(A . B))

Unfortunately, I do not know how to read formal logic symbol thingies.

Well half the problem is that it's mostly a jumble of improper formatting... it should read:

{[(E -> D) & (E -> C)] -> [A & B]}

In English....

If E, then D, and if E, then C. If D and C, then A and B. The conclusion from him is that A and B are both true. Go back and read what he said A and B are.
brittwaller
Posts: 331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2009 11:21:59 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
How's it going Rezz? I recently returned myself. The site has changed for the better, I think, although there are of course always the trolls... good to see you around again:)

Britt
Don't I take care of them all?
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2009 11:23:10 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/22/2009 11:21:54 AM, Kleptin wrote:
People rarely do, they lack the self control <.<

What people don't realize is that a troll =/= easy target. You don't flex debate muscles when you argue with a troll, you just start looking stupid.

Oh God Kleptin, what have you done??? The post to come:

That's right - AMEN BROTHER. JCMT and Kleptin have made fools of themselves, looking stupid and trashing their DDO career....
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2009 11:23:35 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
See my signature for another ridiculous DATC quote.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2009 11:26:18 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/22/2009 11:23:10 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 6/22/2009 11:21:54 AM, Kleptin wrote:
People rarely do, they lack the self control <.<

What people don't realize is that a troll =/= easy target. You don't flex debate muscles when you argue with a troll, you just start looking stupid.

Oh God Kleptin, what have you done??? The post to come:

That's right - AMEN BROTHER. JCMT and Kleptin have made fools of themselves, looking stupid and trashing their DDO career....

Sure. And the number of people who will actually take that seriously won't climb higher than 1 if we ignore it and pretend we don't see it. The more we reply to one of its posts, the more power we give it. If we ignore it enough, it'll start to provoke. If we ignore it more, it'll start to scream. Another step further, it'll cry, and eventually, it'll start withering.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2009 11:27:33 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 6/22/2009 11:23:35 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
See my signature for another ridiculous DATC quote.

HAHA, Hilarious :P I can picture an entire forum in which the signatures all have one section devoted to mocking DATCMOTO while *nobody* responds to his posts. Perhaps one day.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.