Jump to topic:

Atheism or Theism debates?

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 12:49:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hello, what are the best Theism/Atheism debates you have seen? In your view, who won that debate?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 3:18:05 PM
Austin Dacey vs William Lane Craig - Austin Dacey
Sam Harris vs William Lane Craig - Sam Harris
Christopher Hitchens vs William Lane Craig - William Lane Craig (Hitchens was intellectually superior in this debate, but didn't really do a good job refuting Willaim's contentions)

William Lane Craig is the only debater for the side of the theists who does well, and his debates are entertaining regardless of the flaws in his arguments. I would recommend viewing those 3 debates on you-tube.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 5:00:56 PM
At 2/24/2012 3:18:05 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Austin Dacey vs William Lane Craig - Austin Dacey
Sam Harris vs William Lane Craig - Sam Harris
Christopher Hitchens vs William Lane Craig - William Lane Craig (Hitchens was intellectually superior in this debate, but didn't really do a good job refuting Willaim's contentions)

William Lane Craig is the only debater for the side of the theists who does well, and his debates are entertaining regardless of the flaws in his arguments. I would recommend viewing those 3 debates on youtube.

Steve Parsons v W.L.Craig is a great debate. Also, I'm not 100% sure if Sam Harris one that debate, and I am listening to the Austin one.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
unitedandy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 6:17:15 PM
Stephen Law (w) vs Bill Craig
Walter Sinnott-Armstrong (w) vs Bill Craig
Jeff Lowder (w) vs Phil Fernandes
Keith parsons (w) vs Bill Craig
Shelly Kagan (w) vs Bill Craig
Vic Stenger vs Bill Craig (w)
Theoretical BS (w) vs Matt slick (not the greatest sound)
Peter Atkins vs Bill Craig (w)

This last debate is about as one-sided as debates can be, but I think Atkins is just a total idiot so it's a guilty pleasure. Also, I'd love to see a lowder-Craig debate, given that this is probably the 2 strongest cases for theism/naturalism I've seen.
Skyhook
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 7:36:04 PM
Of the WLC debates, I think these are some good reviews

http://commonsenseatheism.com...

My two favorites so far were Price vs. Craig and Kagan vs. Craig (I think Kagan won this one even though I thought he could've used something better than social contract theory).

Here's a pretty good comprehensive list though
http://commonsenseatheism.com...