Total Posts:172|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Question for those against abortion.

ejh238
Posts: 15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:33:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 6:12:52 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/27/2012 6:01:04 AM, ejh238 wrote:
How do you know it's not part of God's plan?

Easily.

That's not an answer. Not even close to an answer actually.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:40:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 8:33:03 AM, ejh238 wrote:
At 2/27/2012 6:12:52 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/27/2012 6:01:04 AM, ejh238 wrote:
How do you know it's not part of God's plan?

Easily.

That's not an answer. Not even close to an answer actually.

Actually, it is an anser to the question you asked. I suggest you ask a better question if youd like a different response. btw, Do you still abuse animals?
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:42:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 6:01:04 AM, ejh238 wrote:
How do you know it's not part of God's plan?

It's just as much a part of God's plan as murder, meaning He gave us free-will so we are allowed to make our own choices.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:45:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 6:01:04 AM, ejh238 wrote:
How do you know it's not part of God's plan?

Only a relativist would assume so much in one question.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:48:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 8:40:58 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/27/2012 8:33:03 AM, ejh238 wrote:
At 2/27/2012 6:12:52 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/27/2012 6:01:04 AM, ejh238 wrote:
How do you know it's not part of God's plan?

Easily.

That's not an answer. Not even close to an answer actually.

Actually, it is an anser to the question you asked. I suggest you ask a better question if youd like a different response. btw, Do you still abuse animals?

Logic, he asked how. How means 'in what manner or way'. If you know that it's not a part of God's plan, then the 'how' question is asking in what manner did that knowledge come to you. Easily does not describe the method by which you obtained knowledge. Yes, it's an answer, just like 'water' is an answer to the questions 'What is 5 times 4?'. Why must you be so blatantly difficult?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:52:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 8:48:55 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 2/27/2012 8:40:58 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/27/2012 8:33:03 AM, ejh238 wrote:
At 2/27/2012 6:12:52 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/27/2012 6:01:04 AM, ejh238 wrote:
How do you know it's not part of God's plan?

Easily.

That's not an answer. Not even close to an answer actually.

Actually, it is an anser to the question you asked. I suggest you ask a better question if youd like a different response. btw, Do you still abuse animals?

Logic, he asked how. How means 'in what manner or way'. If you know that it's not a part of God's plan, then the 'how' question is asking in what manner did that knowledge come to you. Easily does not describe the method by which you obtained knowledge. Yes, it's an answer, just like 'water' is an answer to the questions 'What is 5 times 4?'. Why must you be so blatantly difficult?

LOL he has asked an irrational question that presumes knowledge and i sopphist. I have no way of knowing of what knowledge he speaks. Thus, my answer is exact and precise.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 9:02:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 8:52:02 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/27/2012 8:48:55 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 2/27/2012 8:40:58 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/27/2012 8:33:03 AM, ejh238 wrote:
At 2/27/2012 6:12:52 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/27/2012 6:01:04 AM, ejh238 wrote:
How do you know it's not part of God's plan?

Easily.

That's not an answer. Not even close to an answer actually.

Actually, it is an anser to the question you asked. I suggest you ask a better question if youd like a different response. btw, Do you still abuse animals?

Logic, he asked how. How means 'in what manner or way'. If you know that it's not a part of God's plan, then the 'how' question is asking in what manner did that knowledge come to you. Easily does not describe the method by which you obtained knowledge. Yes, it's an answer, just like 'water' is an answer to the questions 'What is 5 times 4?'. Why must you be so blatantly difficult?

LOL he has asked an irrational question that presumes knowledge and i sopphist. I have no way of knowing of what knowledge he speaks. Thus, my answer is exact and precise.

He asked a question of people who are against abortion, in a religion forum. The question referenced God, so it is safe to say that the question is aimed at those who believe in God and think abortion is wrong. If that 'assumption'(it's not an assumption, it's a question aimed at a specific group) doesn't apply to you, then an answer of 'I don't think that' or 'That doesn't apply to me' would be correct and fitting. 'Easily' has nothing to do with the truth, which is that you don't have or claim to have that knowledge. In fact, you went further by lying, insinuating that you did indeed have that knowledge, and now you claim not to.

Don't even get me started on your response. You say you don't have the knowledge, so you answer is precise... that has nothing to do with logic, only lying.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 9:04:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
How do you know it is?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 9:06:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 9:05:37 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 2/27/2012 9:04:16 AM, OberHerr wrote:
How do you know it is?

How do you know it isn't? :P

Well, you have the BOP to prove it is. :D
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 9:10:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 9:06:30 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/27/2012 9:05:37 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 2/27/2012 9:04:16 AM, OberHerr wrote:
How do you know it is?

How do you know it isn't? :P

Well, you have the BOP to prove it is. :D

I never claim any religious topic as an objective truth which can be proven, I leave it in the realm of personal belief.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 9:14:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 9:10:14 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 2/27/2012 9:06:30 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/27/2012 9:05:37 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 2/27/2012 9:04:16 AM, OberHerr wrote:
How do you know it is?

How do you know it isn't? :P

Well, you have the BOP to prove it is. :D

I never claim any religious topic as an objective truth which can be proven, I leave it in the realm of personal belief.

The faithful leave it to the realm of Absolute truth. Personal belief is succumbing to a dictatorship of relativism.
joneszj
Posts: 1,202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 10:26:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 6:01:04 AM, ejh238 wrote:
How do you know it's not part of God's plan?

Everything is ordained by God. This does not mean that God desired it to happen. This does not down play any attribute of God (omnipotence, omniscience, etc.). God ordained that abortion would happen so 'essentially' it happens because its part of Gods plan (sovereignty & omniscience). Though God ordained it He did so on the basis of the secondary causes (creature choices) even though it is something God is against.
ejh238
Posts: 15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 11:01:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 10:26:17 AM, joneszj wrote:
At 2/27/2012 6:01:04 AM, ejh238 wrote:
How do you know it's not part of God's plan?

Everything is ordained by God. This does not mean that God desired it to happen. This does not down play any attribute of God (omnipotence, omniscience, etc.). God ordained that abortion would happen so 'essentially' it happens because its part of Gods plan (sovereignty & omniscience). Though God ordained it He did so on the basis of the secondary causes (creature choices) even though it is something God is against.

That's quite a good answer. But it brings up another question. How do we know what God still cares about us? What if he has moved on to bigger and better creations on another planet?
gr33k_fr33k5
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 11:47:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
this is a foolish question. God does not give man the right to kill without justification . . . He retains that right for himself.
I am free, free indeed!

ignorance is bliss
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 12:28:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
: At 2/27/2012 11:01:23 AM, ejh238 wrote:
: That's quite a good answer. But it brings up another question. How do we know what God still cares about us? What if he has moved on to bigger and better creations on another planet?
He would have sent a memo.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
MyVoiceInYourHead
Posts: 260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 1:51:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 11:47:18 AM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
this is a foolish question. God does not give man the right to kill without justification . . . He retains that right for himself.

What you're saying then is that God is a hypocrite?
joneszj
Posts: 1,202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 1:52:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 11:01:23 AM, ejh238 wrote:
At 2/27/2012 10:26:17 AM, joneszj wrote:
At 2/27/2012 6:01:04 AM, ejh238 wrote:
How do you know it's not part of God's plan?

Everything is ordained by God. This does not mean that God desired it to happen. This does not down play any attribute of God (omnipotence, omniscience, etc.). God ordained that abortion would happen so 'essentially' it happens because its part of Gods plan (sovereignty & omniscience). Though God ordained it He did so on the basis of the secondary causes (creature choices) even though it is something God is against.

That's quite a good answer. But it brings up another question. How do we know what God still cares about us? What if he has moved on to bigger and better creations on another planet?

God is Immutable- "I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed."—Malachi 3:6

An excellent sermon by Charles Spurgeon (aka the prince of preachers)
http://www.spurgeon.org...

It would be difficult to grasp an omniscient sovereign God who would attempt and set out to accomplish something and fail and give up on His affections. If God decree's it will come to pass. Also, is God not big enough to care for all of creation? Is not God sovereign over everything? So on a logical scale there is nothing outside of Gods sovereignty (and therefor His care). What He has decreed before creation existed will happen- exactly as He decreed it. Basically, I do not think it is possible for a sovereign omni-being to 'move on' or 'not care' unless there was an outcome the being desired to occur.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 2:04:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 1:52:04 PM, joneszj wrote:
At 2/27/2012 11:01:23 AM, ejh238 wrote:
At 2/27/2012 10:26:17 AM, joneszj wrote:
At 2/27/2012 6:01:04 AM, ejh238 wrote:
How do you know it's not part of God's plan?

Everything is ordained by God. This does not mean that God desired it to happen. This does not down play any attribute of God (omnipotence, omniscience, etc.). God ordained that abortion would happen so 'essentially' it happens because its part of Gods plan (sovereignty & omniscience). Though God ordained it He did so on the basis of the secondary causes (creature choices) even though it is something God is against.

That's quite a good answer. But it brings up another question. How do we know what God still cares about us? What if he has moved on to bigger and better creations on another planet?

God is Immutable- "I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed."—Malachi 3:6

An excellent sermon by Charles Spurgeon (aka the prince of preachers)
http://www.spurgeon.org...

It would be difficult to grasp an omniscient sovereign God who would attempt and set out to accomplish something and fail and give up on His affections. If God decree's it will come to pass. Also, is God not big enough to care for all of creation? Is not God sovereign over everything? So on a logical scale there is nothing outside of Gods sovereignty (and therefor His care). What He has decreed before creation existed will happen- exactly as He decreed it. Basically, I do not think it is possible for a sovereign omni-being to 'move on' or 'not care' unless there was an outcome the being desired to occur.

The fact that God IS, adjectives notwithstanding, He is not an omni-being. A preacher aint a source. God does not attempt. Onto this logic stuff.

In the middle ages Reason was believed to be the attribute of Man which was what made man God's favorite. All that is, was created by God. Life, of everything, is of God. In the US one may abort in the first trimester, Also, if a woman is pregnant, in the first trimester, or even the first day, and is killed the offending party will be found guilty of killing the child in most States and the survivors will have a cause in civil remedy for wrongful or negligent death. Ergo, The US claims 2 opposites(contradictions) to be true. One must be false. (remember it was once thought skin color made you not fully human)
joneszj
Posts: 1,202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 2:23:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 2:04:47 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/27/2012 1:52:04 PM, joneszj wrote:
At 2/27/2012 11:01:23 AM, ejh238 wrote:
At 2/27/2012 10:26:17 AM, joneszj wrote:
At 2/27/2012 6:01:04 AM, ejh238 wrote:
How do you know it's not part of God's plan?

Everything is ordained by God. This does not mean that God desired it to happen. This does not down play any attribute of God (omnipotence, omniscience, etc.). God ordained that abortion would happen so 'essentially' it happens because its part of Gods plan (sovereignty & omniscience). Though God ordained it He did so on the basis of the secondary causes (creature choices) even though it is something God is against.

That's quite a good answer. But it brings up another question. How do we know what God still cares about us? What if he has moved on to bigger and better creations on another planet?

God is Immutable- "I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed."—Malachi 3:6

An excellent sermon by Charles Spurgeon (aka the prince of preachers)
http://www.spurgeon.org...

It would be difficult to grasp an omniscient sovereign God who would attempt and set out to accomplish something and fail and give up on His affections. If God decree's it will come to pass. Also, is God not big enough to care for all of creation? Is not God sovereign over everything? So on a logical scale there is nothing outside of Gods sovereignty (and therefor His care). What He has decreed before creation existed will happen- exactly as He decreed it. Basically, I do not think it is possible for a sovereign omni-being to 'move on' or 'not care' unless there was an outcome the being desired to occur.

The fact that God IS, adjectives notwithstanding, He is not an omni-being. A preacher aint a source. God does not attempt. Onto this logic stuff.

God is not omniscient, omnipotent, or omnipresent? The sermon was making a point. What do you mean God does not attempt? whenever God sets out to accomplish something He is doing (attempting) and does so without failure.


In the middle ages Reason was believed to be the attribute of Man which was what made man God's favorite. All that is, was created by God. Life, of everything, is of God. In the US one may abort in the first trimester, Also, if a woman is pregnant, in the first trimester, or even the first day, and is killed the offending party will be found guilty of killing the child in most States and the survivors will have a cause in civil remedy for wrongful or negligent death. Ergo, The US claims 2 opposites(contradictions) to be true. One must be false. (remember it was once thought skin color made you not fully human)

Was the above paragraph for me?
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 2:27:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago

God is not omniscient, omnipotent, or omnipresent? The sermon was making a point. What do you mean God does not attempt? whenever God sets out to accomplish something He is doing (attempting) and does so without failure.


In the middle ages Reason was believed to be the attribute of Man which was what made man God's favorite. All that is, was created by God. Life, of everything, is of God. In the US one may abort in the first trimester, Also, if a woman is pregnant, in the first trimester, or even the first day, and is killed the offending party will be found guilty of killing the child in most States and the survivors will have a cause in civil remedy for wrongful or negligent death. Ergo, The US claims 2 opposites(contradictions) to be true. One must be false. (remember it was once thought skin color made you not fully human)

Was the above paragraph for me?

Yes, and God does, he has no need to Attempt anything.
joneszj
Posts: 1,202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 2:42:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 2:27:16 PM, logicrules wrote:

God is not omniscient, omnipotent, or omnipresent? The sermon was making a point. What do you mean God does not attempt? whenever God sets out to accomplish something He is doing (attempting) and does so without failure.

? I am sorry. Did you respond to this?

In the middle ages Reason was believed to be the attribute of Man which was what made man God's favorite. All that is, was created by God. Life, of everything, is of God. In the US one may abort in the first trimester, Also, if a woman is pregnant, in the first trimester, or even the first day, and is killed the offending party will be found guilty of killing the child in most States and the survivors will have a cause in civil remedy for wrongful or negligent death. Ergo, The US claims 2 opposites(contradictions) to be true. One must be false. (remember it was once thought skin color made you not fully human)

Was the above paragraph for me?

Yes, and God does, he has no need to Attempt anything.

Are you a deist? If god does not attempt anything then He does nothing. Is it not impossible to do without first attempting? I am not saying God attempts with the possibility of failure- I am saying that logically it follows that in order to 'do' anything an attempt is made. Why are you arguing this?
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 2:48:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 2:42:44 PM, joneszj wrote:
At 2/27/2012 2:27:16 PM, logicrules wrote:

God is not omniscient, omnipotent, or omnipresent? The sermon was making a point. What do you mean God does not attempt? whenever God sets out to accomplish something He is doing (attempting) and does so without failure.

? I am sorry. Did you respond to this?

In the middle ages Reason was believed to be the attribute of Man which was what made man God's favorite. All that is, was created by God. Life, of everything, is of God. In the US one may abort in the first trimester, Also, if a woman is pregnant, in the first trimester, or even the first day, and is killed the offending party will be found guilty of killing the child in most States and the survivors will have a cause in civil remedy for wrongful or negligent death. Ergo, The US claims 2 opposites(contradictions) to be true. One must be false. (remember it was once thought skin color made you not fully human)

Was the above paragraph for me?

Yes, and God does, he has no need to Attempt anything.

Are you a deist? If god does not attempt anything then He does nothing. Is it not impossible to do without first attempting? I am not saying God attempts with the possibility of failure- I am saying that logically it follows that in order to 'do' anything an attempt is made. Why are you arguing this?

Get a dictionary. Attempt means to try, to try means there is a question as to outcome. You attempt to think, but lack the requisite skills. Attempt to play pro basketball is different from to play pro basketball.
joneszj
Posts: 1,202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 3:05:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 2:48:45 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/27/2012 2:42:44 PM, joneszj wrote:
At 2/27/2012 2:27:16 PM, logicrules wrote:

God is not omniscient, omnipotent, or omnipresent? The sermon was making a point. What do you mean God does not attempt? whenever God sets out to accomplish something He is doing (attempting) and does so without failure.

? I am sorry. Did you respond to this?

In the middle ages Reason was believed to be the attribute of Man which was what made man God's favorite. All that is, was created by God. Life, of everything, is of God. In the US one may abort in the first trimester, Also, if a woman is pregnant, in the first trimester, or even the first day, and is killed the offending party will be found guilty of killing the child in most States and the survivors will have a cause in civil remedy for wrongful or negligent death. Ergo, The US claims 2 opposites(contradictions) to be true. One must be false. (remember it was once thought skin color made you not fully human)

Was the above paragraph for me?

Yes, and God does, he has no need to Attempt anything.

Are you a deist? If god does not attempt anything then He does nothing. Is it not impossible to do without first attempting? I am not saying God attempts with the possibility of failure- I am saying that logically it follows that in order to 'do' anything an attempt is made. Why are you arguing this?

Get a dictionary. Attempt means to try, to try means there is a question as to outcome. You attempt to think, but lack the requisite skills. Attempt to play pro basketball is different from to play pro basketball.

both http://dictionary.reference.com...

-try
verb (used with object)
1.
to attempt to do or accomplish

-at·tempt
verb (used with object)
1.
to make an effort at; try; undertake; seek

Are you familiar with the term gentle Christian? Neither of the above definitions directly and unavoidably allude to 'questioning the outcome'. As for your analogy a novice baseball player attempts and tried just as much as a pro baseball player the difference is in their skill. They both attempt (try) to play baseball. This is rather moot.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 3:10:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 3:05:50 PM, joneszj wrote:
At 2/27/2012 2:48:45 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/27/2012 2:42:44 PM, joneszj wrote:
At 2/27/2012 2:27:16 PM, logicrules wrote:

God is not omniscient, omnipotent, or omnipresent? The sermon was making a point. What do you mean God does not attempt? whenever God sets out to accomplish something He is doing (attempting) and does so without failure.

? I am sorry. Did you respond to this?

In the middle ages Reason was believed to be the attribute of Man which was what made man God's favorite. All that is, was created by God. Life, of everything, is of God. In the US one may abort in the first trimester, Also, if a woman is pregnant, in the first trimester, or even the first day, and is killed the offending party will be found guilty of killing the child in most States and the survivors will have a cause in civil remedy for wrongful or negligent death. Ergo, The US claims 2 opposites(contradictions) to be true. One must be false. (remember it was once thought skin color made you not fully human)

Was the above paragraph for me?

Yes, and God does, he has no need to Attempt anything.

Are you a deist? If god does not attempt anything then He does nothing. Is it not impossible to do without first attempting? I am not saying God attempts with the possibility of failure- I am saying that logically it follows that in order to 'do' anything an attempt is made. Why are you arguing this?

Get a dictionary. Attempt means to try, to try means there is a question as to outcome. You attempt to think, but lack the requisite skills. Attempt to play pro basketball is different from to play pro basketball.

both http://dictionary.reference.com...

-try
verb (used with object)
1.
to attempt to do or accomplish

-at·tempt
verb (used with object)
1.
to make an effort at; try; undertake; seek

Are you familiar with the term gentle Christian? Neither of the above definitions directly and unavoidably allude to 'questioning the outcome'. As for your analogy a novice baseball player attempts and tried just as much as a pro baseball player the difference is in their skill. They both attempt (try) to play baseball. This is rather moot.

A definition may not contain the word defined...thus, reread my post. Truth is always Christian. Rather moot? You are not very good with language and communication. I never said novice, or basketball player....do not add to my words they are picked for their meanings and I post with intention. Try it, attempt it, give it a shot.
joneszj
Posts: 1,202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 3:10:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Regardless, the point still stands: whatever God does (attempts or not attempts) happens. Why are you arguing this? Are you saying God fails to accomplish things?
joneszj
Posts: 1,202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 3:15:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 3:10:25 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/27/2012 3:05:50 PM, joneszj wrote:
At 2/27/2012 2:48:45 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 2/27/2012 2:42:44 PM, joneszj wrote:
At 2/27/2012 2:27:16 PM, logicrules wrote:

God is not omniscient, omnipotent, or omnipresent? The sermon was making a point. What do you mean God does not attempt? whenever God sets out to accomplish something He is doing (attempting) and does so without failure.

? I am sorry. Did you respond to this?

In the middle ages Reason was believed to be the attribute of Man which was what made man God's favorite. All that is, was created by God. Life, of everything, is of God. In the US one may abort in the first trimester, Also, if a woman is pregnant, in the first trimester, or even the first day, and is killed the offending party will be found guilty of killing the child in most States and the survivors will have a cause in civil remedy for wrongful or negligent death. Ergo, The US claims 2 opposites(contradictions) to be true. One must be false. (remember it was once thought skin color made you not fully human)

Was the above paragraph for me?

Yes, and God does, he has no need to Attempt anything.

Are you a deist? If god does not attempt anything then He does nothing. Is it not impossible to do without first attempting? I am not saying God attempts with the possibility of failure- I am saying that logically it follows that in order to 'do' anything an attempt is made. Why are you arguing this?

Get a dictionary. Attempt means to try, to try means there is a question as to outcome. You attempt to think, but lack the requisite skills. Attempt to play pro basketball is different from to play pro basketball.

both http://dictionary.reference.com...

-try
verb (used with object)
1.
to attempt to do or accomplish

-at·tempt
verb (used with object)
1.
to make an effort at; try; undertake; seek

Are you familiar with the term gentle Christian? Neither of the above definitions directly and unavoidably allude to 'questioning the outcome'. As for your analogy a novice baseball player attempts and tried just as much as a pro baseball player the difference is in their skill. They both attempt (try) to play baseball. This is rather moot.

A definition may not contain the word defined...thus, reread my post.

Yeah... I am using the terms specifically as defined above....

Truth is always Christian.

Yes it is.

Rather moot?

moot1    [moot] Show IPA
adjective
1.
open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful: a moot point.
2.
of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic.

I am using its second most widely used form. Prove to me why this your arguing over semantics is at all important here.

You are not very good with language and communication. I never said novice, or basketball player....do not add to my words they are picked for their meanings and I post with intention. Try it, attempt it, give it a shot.

I did misunderstand you above. However, when one plays pro baseball they are still attempting to play pro baseball.