Total Posts:130|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why are you here?

Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 8:33:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I can't help but notice that is Forum is riddled with non-religious people..

there isn't very much discussion 'BY' religious people. It's like Athiests have nothing better to do, then sooth the insecurities about their beliefs, by bashing theists..

If you don't believe in God.. then DON"T!!

You really have no benefit to arguing with us - even if someone (whom was never a Christian to begin with) was to change their mind about what they believe there is literally nothing in it for you..

As a Christian(reformed) i believe only God chooses his elect - it is not a joint effort. But the benefit i get; is that if God used me as a vessel to influence his will upon someone - they are saved and recognize that God is good; and he welcomes them with open arms when they die or when he returns. I didn't save them, but it's good to know another is saved.

I would like to know, what is it about God (Christianity mostly) that make you go out of your way to 'TRY' and destroy? You do realize you are only acting out the very thing God predicts you will do, right?
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 9:01:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Because we'd like to express our own viewpoint? Because we'd like to use our free speech? Because we'd like to share our ideas? Because not all non-religious people hold the same belief systems? Because non-religious people may actually want to discuss religion?

Those are a few answers. Take your pick.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 9:09:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's highly unproductive to group atheists all into the same lot. They don't have the same viewpoints, values or incentives for being here. The only thing they all share is the certain non-belief in one specific thing, just like a lot of theists are non-vishnuists.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 9:09:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 8:33:17 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
I can't help but notice that is Forum is riddled with non-religious people..

there isn't very much discussion 'BY' religious people. It's like Athiests have nothing better to do, then sooth the insecurities about their beliefs, by bashing theists..

You are a noob. You don't know shite about the forums on this site so it's pretty dumb that you are even making judgements like this. Theists and atheists are equally bad when it comes to challenging each other, and atheists other than Izbo rarely use unprovoked ad hom. It disgusts me that you have the nerve to call us "insecure" about our beliefs for challenging yours. We have every right to challenge yours, and frankly you should challenge ours if you think you are right and that we need to be saved.

If you don't believe in God.. then DON"T!!

This is a debate site. DEBATE. Of course we are going to argue idiot!

You really have no benefit to arguing with us - even if someone (whom was never a Christian to begin with) was to change their mind about what they believe there is literally nothing in it for you..

Of course there is. That is such an ignorant statement. Some people, such as me, think that religion is truly detrimental to society and that if we can get just one person to let go of their blind faith, it will be a good thing.

As a Christian(reformed) i believe only God chooses his elect - it is not a joint effort. But the benefit i get; is that if God used me as a vessel to influence his will upon someone - they are saved and recognize that God is good; and he welcomes them with open arms when they die or when he returns. I didn't save them, but it's good to know another is saved.

I would like to know, what is it about God (Christianity mostly) that make you go out of your way to 'TRY' and destroy? You do realize you are only acting out the very thing God predicts you will do, right?

Your question is just dumb. We don't believe in God so we don't think about what "god predicts we will do." You honestly cannot think from any other perspective than your own can you? We aren't trying to "destroy" anything. We aren't atheists because we don't "like" god. We are atheist because we think it is irrational to believe in God. We think that it is more likely that God does not exist. We are trying to enlighten you by pointing out the weaknesses in your beliefs, and if you are a true christian, you will do the same for us so that we can see the light.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 9:09:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 8:33:17 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
I can't help but notice that is Forum is riddled with non-religious people..

there isn't very much discussion 'BY' religious people. It's like Athiests have nothing better to do, then sooth the insecurities about their beliefs, by bashing theists...

You are a noob. You don't know shite about the forums on this site so it's pretty dumb that you are even making judgements like this. Theists and atheists are equally bad when it comes to challenging each other, and atheists other than Izbo rarely use unprovoked ad hom. It disgusts me that you have the nerve to call us "insecure" about our beliefs for challenging yours. We have every right to challenge yours, and frankly you should challenge ours if you think you are right and that we need to be saved.

If you don't believe in God.. then DON"T!!

This is a debate site. DEBATE. Of course we are going to argue idiot!

You really have no benefit to arguing with us - even if someone (whom was never a Christian to begin with) was to change their mind about what they believe there is literally nothing in it for you..

Of course there is. That is such an ignorant statement. Some people, such as me, think that religion is truly detrimental to society and that if we can get just one person to let go of their blind faith, it will be a good thing.

As a Christian(reformed) i believe only God chooses his elect - it is not a joint effort. But the benefit i get; is that if God used me as a vessel to influence his will upon someone - they are saved and recognize that God is good; and he welcomes them with open arms when they die or when he returns. I didn't save them, but it's good to know another is saved.

I would like to know, what is it about God (Christianity mostly) that make you go out of your way to 'TRY' and destroy? You do realize you are only acting out the very thing God predicts you will do, right?

Your question is just dumb. We don't believe in God so we don't think about what "god predicts we will do." You honestly cannot think from any other perspective than your own can you? We aren't trying to "destroy" anything. We aren't atheists because we don't "like" god. We are atheist because we think it is irrational to believe in God. We think that it is more likely that God does not exist. We are trying to enlighten you by pointing out the weaknesses in your beliefs, and if you are a true christian, you will do the same for us so that we can see the light.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 9:10:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 8:33:17 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
I can't help but notice that is Forum is riddled with non-religious people..

there isn't very much discussion 'BY' religious people. It's like Athiests have nothing better to do, then sooth the insecurities about their beliefs, by bashing theists..

If you don't believe in God.. then DON"T!!

You really have no benefit to arguing with us - even if someone (whom was never a Christian to begin with) was to change their mind about what they believe there is literally nothing in it for you..

As a Christian(reformed) i believe only God chooses his elect - it is not a joint effort. But the benefit i get; is that if God used me as a vessel to influence his will upon someone - they are saved and recognize that God is good; and he welcomes them with open arms when they die or when he returns. I didn't save them, but it's good to know another is saved.

I would like to know, what is it about God (Christianity mostly) that make you go out of your way to 'TRY' and destroy? You do realize you are only acting out the very thing God predicts you will do, right?

What I hear you saying is, I don't like how my claims are being challenged, so go away atheists go away.

Idea's have consequences, religions have a tendency to isolate the flock in a bubble, (They won't believe cause they are evil, we are of the light, they are of the dark) and once you have a big enough group of people who can't accept that its even possible for them to be wrong cause God is on their side, next thing you know we are burning witches at the stake and performing child sacrifices to stop the Gods sending hurricanes and going to war to cause God wills it.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 9:14:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Word of info, for paradox. Most of the people who span all sorts of religious beliefs actually get along quite well here. What we usually argue about in the forums is politics. Other than that, this site just composed of mafia games and debates that we do for fun.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 9:16:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
And as other people have mentioned, this is a debate site, so ergo people tend to debate stuff, religious claims included.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 9:17:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 9:12:21 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Oh, don't return hostility with hostility, you guys.

I really don't have any tolerance for stuck up theists like this lol.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 10:07:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 9:09:38 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/29/2012 8:33:17 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:


You are a noob. You don't know shite about the forums on this site so it's pretty dumb that you are even making judgements like this. Theists and atheists are equally bad when it comes to challenging each other, and atheists other than Izbo rarely use unprovoked ad hom. It disgusts me that you have the nerve to call us "insecure" about our beliefs for challenging yours. We have every right to challenge yours, and frankly you should challenge ours if you think you are right and that we need to be saved.

Frankly you can kiss my a$$. You don't sh*t about me, or if i challenge my beliefs.. All i am saying is 'MOST' atheists on this site talk a lot of sh*t, they're not just debating - there hating. Insult after insult, and ultimately to no purpose.

This is a debate site. DEBATE. Of course we are going to argue idiot!

Answer above - you insult, moron - kinda like i'm doing now. there is a difference and i'd be very inclined to show you what happens in the real world when you talk to someone like that in person and not hiding behind a computer.


Of course there is. That is such an ignorant statement. Some people, such as me, think that religion is truly detrimental to society and that if we can get just one person to let go of their blind faith, it will be a good thing.

and to respond like you; You are an idiot for thinking so. Weighing the negatives of 'Christians' to the positives, always reveals it is a plus to the world and society!


Your question is just dumb. We don't believe in God so we don't think about what "god predicts we will do." You honestly cannot think from any other perspective than your own can you?
Thats a real funny thing because i was just thinkin the same about your arrogant a$$!

We aren't trying to "destroy" anything. We aren't atheists because we don't "like" god. We are atheist because we think it is irrational to believe in God. We think that it is more likely that God does not exist. We are trying to enlighten you by pointing out the weaknesses in your beliefs, and if you are a true christian, you will do the same for us so that we can see the light.

LMAO! enlighten us... you sound like a bunch of brats who don't wanna obey the rules, so you set up your little card-board forts and say "you're not the boss of me!"
PLEASE!.. You're just taking the long road around to finding out what us theists already know.
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries." -Robert Jastrow
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 10:13:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Now now, kids. Play nice.

Also, as an atheist, I feel it is as illogical to believe no deity exists as it is to believe one does.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 10:15:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 10:13:42 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
Now now, kids. Play nice.

Also, as an atheist, I feel it is as illogical to believe no deity exists as it is to believe one does.

What do you mean?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 10:16:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 10:13:42 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
Now now, kids. Play nice.

Also, as an atheist, I feel it is as illogical to believe no deity exists as it is to believe one does.

You mean as an agnostic ?

That's right people, its time for everyone's favorite game, define what an atheist and agnostic is......
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 10:30:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 10:16:24 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
You mean as an agnostic ?

That's right people, its time for everyone's favorite game, define what an atheist and agnostic is......

Yes, an agnostic atheist.
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 10:34:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 10:15:03 PM, 000ike wrote:
What do you mean?

Simply put, when there is no evidence that X is either true or false, then it should not yet be believed that X is either true or false (X in this case being "A deity exists").

Unknown or undecided is the default position until further evidence is presented, which I believe would be an impossible thing to provide for the existence or non-existence of a deistic deity.

http://www.debate.org...
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 10:41:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 10:07:25 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 2/29/2012 9:09:38 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/29/2012 8:33:17 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:


You are a noob. You don't know shite about the forums on this site so it's pretty dumb that you are even making judgements like this. Theists and atheists are equally bad when it comes to challenging each other, and atheists other than Izbo rarely use unprovoked ad hom. It disgusts me that you have the nerve to call us "insecure" about our beliefs for challenging yours. We have every right to challenge yours, and frankly you should challenge ours if you think you are right and that we need to be saved.

Frankly you can kiss my a$$. You don't sh*t about me, or if i challenge my beliefs.. All i am saying is 'MOST' atheists on this site talk a lot of sh*t, they're not just debating - there hating. Insult after insult, and ultimately to no purpose.

You don't have the knowledge to day that. You just got here. Like I said you're a noob so stop pretending like you really know what it is like here. Christians talk a lot of sh*t too. I'm sorry you haven't seen it.

This is a debate site. DEBATE. Of course we are going to argue idiot!

Answer above - you insult, moron - kinda like i'm doing now. there is a difference and i'd be very inclined to show you what happens in the real world when you talk to someone like that in person and not hiding behind a computer.

Lol How are you gonna do that? Is that a threat? I insult because I am showing you the same respect you showed me when you made that post.


Of course there is. That is such an ignorant statement. Some people, such as me, think that religion is truly detrimental to society and that if we can get just one person to let go of their blind faith, it will be a good thing.

and to respond like you; You are an idiot for thinking so. Weighing the negatives of 'Christians' to the positives, always reveals it is a plus to the world and society!

Then you are ignoring or are ignorant of the horrors of religion. Now whether the pros of religion outweight the cons is an opinion, but I have every right to support mine and argue mine. Do not act like your opinion is fact.


Your question is just dumb. We don't believe in God so we don't think about what "god predicts we will do." You honestly cannot think from any other perspective than your own can you?
Thats a real funny thing because i was just thinkin the same about your arrogant a$$!

If you are arrogant to me, I will show you the same courtesy. Great response by the way, really productive.

We aren't trying to "destroy" anything. We aren't atheists because we don't "like" god. We are atheist because we think it is irrational to believe in God. We think that it is more likely that God does not exist. We are trying to enlighten you by pointing out the weaknesses in your beliefs, and if you are a true christian, you will do the same for us so that we can see the light.

LMAO! enlighten us... you sound like a bunch of brats who don't wanna obey the rules, so you set up your little card-board forts and say "you're not the boss of me!"
PLEASE!.. You're just taking the long road around to finding out what us theists already know.

What is it we don't know then? If you want to debate me on why you should not believe in God, I would love to. Otherwise that is much too long an explanation for this thread.

"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries." -Robert Jastrow

I care nothing for dumb quotes like that. They don't help your argument.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 10:43:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 10:34:34 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 2/29/2012 10:15:03 PM, 000ike wrote:
What do you mean?

Simply put, when there is no evidence that X is either true or false, then it should not yet be believed that X is either true or false (X in this case being "A deity exists").

Unknown or undecided is the default position until further evidence is presented, which I believe would be an impossible thing to provide for the existence or non-existence of a deistic deity.

http://www.debate.org...

Ugh. This again. For the last time. I BELIEVE god doesn't exists. I don't claim to know for certain whether or not god exists. Based on the evidence given to me, my belief that God does not exist is rational.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 10:47:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 10:43:12 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/29/2012 10:34:34 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 2/29/2012 10:15:03 PM, 000ike wrote:
What do you mean?

Simply put, when there is no evidence that X is either true or false, then it should not yet be believed that X is either true or false (X in this case being "A deity exists").

Unknown or undecided is the default position until further evidence is presented, which I believe would be an impossible thing to provide for the existence or non-existence of a deistic deity.

http://www.debate.org...

Ugh. This again. For the last time. I BELIEVE god doesn't exists. I don't claim to know for certain whether or not god exists. Based on the evidence given to me, my belief that God does not exist is rational.

Yeah, agnosticism has always seemed to state the obvious to me. Obviously it is impossible to know whether or not a God exists...an atheist just believes that God does not exist, so adding the title "agnostic" is somewhat unnecessary. Agnosticism isn't a real belief, but it is a nice go-between for anyone who feels uncomfortable with the title "atheist" given how theists have demonized that name.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 10:49:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 10:46:46 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Lets talk about cats instead. I like cats. They do funny things.

Have you seen the cat named maru?
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 10:51:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 10:49:59 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/29/2012 10:46:46 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Lets talk about cats instead. I like cats. They do funny things.

Have you seen the cat named maru?

No, I haven't. Please tell me about it.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 10:53:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 10:43:12 PM, rogue wrote:
Ugh. This again. For the last time. I BELIEVE god doesn't exists. I don't claim to know for certain whether or not god exists.

And many theists BELIEVE God exists without claiming to know for certain. Your point? The belief is still illogical.

At 2/29/2012 10:43:12 PM, rogue wrote:
Based on the evidence given to me, my belief that God does not exist is rational.

Really? What evidence do you have that no deity exists?
joneszj
Posts: 1,202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 10:54:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 10:07:25 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 2/29/2012 9:09:38 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/29/2012 8:33:17 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:


You are a noob. You don't know shite about the forums on this site so it's pretty dumb that you are even making judgements like this. Theists and atheists are equally bad when it comes to challenging each other, and atheists other than Izbo rarely use unprovoked ad hom. It disgusts me that you have the nerve to call us "insecure" about our beliefs for challenging yours. We have every right to challenge yours, and frankly you should challenge ours if you think you are right and that we need to be saved.

Frankly you can kiss my a$$. You don't sh*t about me, or if i challenge my beliefs.. All i am saying is 'MOST' atheists on this site talk a lot of sh*t, they're not just debating - there hating. Insult after insult, and ultimately to no purpose.

This is a debate site. DEBATE. Of course we are going to argue idiot!

Answer above - you insult, moron - kinda like i'm doing now. there is a difference and i'd be very inclined to show you what happens in the real world when you talk to someone like that in person and not hiding behind a computer.


Of course there is. That is such an ignorant statement. Some people, such as me, think that religion is truly detrimental to society and that if we can get just one person to let go of their blind faith, it will be a good thing.

and to respond like you; You are an idiot for thinking so. Weighing the negatives of 'Christians' to the positives, always reveals it is a plus to the world and society!


Your question is just dumb. We don't believe in God so we don't think about what "god predicts we will do." You honestly cannot think from any other perspective than your own can you?
Thats a real funny thing because i was just thinkin the same about your arrogant a$$!

We aren't trying to "destroy" anything. We aren't atheists because we don't "like" god. We are atheist because we think it is irrational to believe in God. We think that it is more likely that God does not exist. We are trying to enlighten you by pointing out the weaknesses in your beliefs, and if you are a true christian, you will do the same for us so that we can see the light.

LMAO! enlighten us... you sound like a bunch of brats who don't wanna obey the rules, so you set up your little card-board forts and say "you're not the boss of me!"
PLEASE!.. You're just taking the long road around to finding out what us theists already know.
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries." -Robert Jastrow

Gotta love the Reformed folk!!! If you cut out all the pajoratives I basically agree with him. There are alot of atheists that troll for the sake of 'X' my guess being some displaced craving of pride and condescension. That being said there are many theists who will 'break their necks to keep their chins up' (Copeland)- basically saying anything to support a faulty premise or statement. I think its obvious that Paradox would differentiate from those who actually have a decent conversation from those who troll for some form of gratification.
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 10:56:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 10:47:31 PM, 000ike wrote:
Yeah, agnosticism has always seemed to state the obvious to me. Obviously it is impossible to know whether or not a God exists...an atheist just believes that God does not exist, so adding the title "agnostic" is somewhat unnecessary. Agnosticism isn't a real belief, but it is a nice go-between for anyone who feels uncomfortable with the title "atheist" given how theists have demonized that name.

Atheism and agnosticism aren't mutually exclusive. You can be a gnostic theist, agnostic theist, gnostic atheist, or agnostic atheist.

Agnosticism and gnosticism are ontological stances while theism and atheism are epistemological stances. Stating you are "agnostic" says nothing about whether you believe a deity exists or not.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 10:58:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 10:51:20 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 2/29/2012 10:49:59 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/29/2012 10:46:46 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Lets talk about cats instead. I like cats. They do funny things.

Have you seen the cat named maru?

No, I haven't. Please tell me about it.

dude. look up "I am maru". He is the dumbest most awesome cat ever.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 11:00:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 10:53:33 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 2/29/2012 10:43:12 PM, rogue wrote:
Ugh. This again. For the last time. I BELIEVE god doesn't exists. I don't claim to know for certain whether or not god exists.

And many theists BELIEVE God exists without claiming to know for certain. Your point? The belief is still illogical.

Why? One forms a beliefs based on the evidence given. Whether the belief is rational or not depends on the evidence.

At 2/29/2012 10:43:12 PM, rogue wrote:
Based on the evidence given to me, my belief that God does not exist is rational.

Really? What evidence do you have that no deity exists?

Lots. Now most is circumstantial, but I would debate you on whether I have evidence that a deity does not exist.
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 11:02:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/29/2012 11:00:19 PM, rogue wrote:
Lots. Now most is circumstantial, but I would debate you on whether I have evidence that a deity does not exist.

Change "a deity does not exist" to "no deity exists" and you're on.