Total Posts:106|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Is The Book of Mormon a Divine Revelation?

yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2012 12:51:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/2/2012 11:42:47 AM, fishing_007 wrote:
Yoda, would you mind explaining why you are against my proposition? Thanks. Shane

I don't care give me something and will talk about it give me your best scripture.
Me
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2012 4:53:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/2/2012 11:42:47 AM, fishing_007 wrote:
Yoda, would you mind explaining why you are against my proposition? Thanks. Shane

Short answer....Book of Mormon is a great con, should be studied by all who desire to perpetrate a fraud that is profitable.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2012 5:44:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/2/2012 4:53:16 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 11:42:47 AM, fishing_007 wrote:
Yoda, would you mind explaining why you are against my proposition? Thanks. Shane

Short answer....Book of Mormon is a great con, should be studied by all who desire to perpetrate a fraud that is profitable.

Prove it.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2012 5:52:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/2/2012 5:44:45 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/2/2012 4:53:16 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 11:42:47 AM, fishing_007 wrote:
Yoda, would you mind explaining why you are against my proposition? Thanks. Shane

Short answer....Book of Mormon is a great con, should be studied by all who desire to perpetrate a fraud that is profitable.

Prove it.

Thats like proving the sky up. No original source document, perpetrate by a criminal, used to disenfranchise women and blacks, Polygamy, historical nonsense and most significant. Smith drew a copy of what he claimed he saw and it was a burial ritual. Short quote of Young to ANew Greely

"If I found a need to ask the opinion of a woman on a task I wasto undertake I had best not undertake that task." 'Kill um"
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2012 5:57:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/2/2012 12:10:19 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
http://www.milkandcookies.com...

This is how all religions basically started.

Regards
DL

You have watched more then that South Park episode. Therefore, you should know that they exaggerate everything and misconstrue most stuff. I watched that episode awhile ago and know both of those apply.

It is also important to note that Trey and Matt believe that Latter-day Saints live their religion more then adherents of any other religion. In other words, they recognize that we are not hypocrites. That is what attracts many people to our religion. A person with a good heart who wants to live a good and honorable life is attracted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2012 7:40:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/2/2012 11:42:47 AM, fishing_007 wrote:
Yoda, would you mind explaining why you are against my proposition? Thanks. Shane

What defines a devine revelation? We do not know, so we have to take the tenets of the faith at its word.
It may speak to the experience in Smith's soul, and the book of Mormon is the symbols attached to his experience, so in that case yes!
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2012 10:06:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/2/2012 5:52:45 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 5:44:45 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/2/2012 4:53:16 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 11:42:47 AM, fishing_007 wrote:
Yoda, would you mind explaining why you are against my proposition? Thanks. Shane

Short answer....Book of Mormon is a great con, should be studied by all who desire to perpetrate a fraud that is profitable.

Prove it.

Thats like proving the sky up. No original source document, perpetrate by a criminal, used to disenfranchise women and blacks, Polygamy, historical nonsense and most significant. Smith drew a copy of what he claimed he saw and it was a burial ritual. Short quote of Young to ANew Greely

"If I found a need to ask the opinion of a woman on a task I wasto undertake I had best not undertake that task." 'Kill um"

You're showing your ignorance again Logic.

There is no original source document for the Bible either, but you seem to make that a BoM only argument.

I've also addressed the 'criminality' before as well. Are you going to uphold the law 100% in relation to Mormons at that time?

What's wrong with polygamy?

Women and blacks were not treated any worse in the church than outside, and in many instances they were treated much better. Moral values are often dependent on society, and change with time.

The 'burial ceremony' you are wrong about on many levels. First, it wasn't a drawing of what he saw, it was an actual papyrii. Second, no LDS scripture was translated from the papyrii that we still have, and Joseph Smith claimed to have many, many more than we can account for. Third, the drawing of the full figure doesn't fit with what Egyptologysts say it should look like to represent what they say it represents.

But, we've been over this road before.

You still haven't provided me a since source to back up any of your claims about LDS. Not one.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 6:40:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/2/2012 10:06:23 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/2/2012 5:52:45 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 5:44:45 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/2/2012 4:53:16 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 11:42:47 AM, fishing_007 wrote:
Yoda, would you mind explaining why you are against my proposition? Thanks. Shane

Short answer....Book of Mormon is a great con, should be studied by all who desire to perpetrate a fraud that is profitable.

Prove it.

Thats like proving the sky up. No original source document, perpetrate by a criminal, used to disenfranchise women and blacks, Polygamy, historical nonsense and most significant. Smith drew a copy of what he claimed he saw and it was a burial ritual. Short quote of Young to ANew Greely

"If I found a need to ask the opinion of a woman on a task I wasto undertake I had best not undertake that task." 'Kill um"

You're showing your ignorance again Logic.

There is no original source document for the Bible either, but you seem to make that a BoM only argument.

I've also addressed the 'criminality' before as well. Are you going to uphold the law 100% in relation to Mormons at that time?

What's wrong with polygamy?

Women and blacks were not treated any worse in the church than outside, and in many instances they were treated much better. Moral values are often dependent on society, and change with time.

The 'burial ceremony' you are wrong about on many levels. First, it wasn't a drawing of what he saw, it was an actual papyrii. Second, no LDS scripture was translated from the papyrii that we still have, and Joseph Smith claimed to have many, many more than we can account for. Third, the drawing of the full figure doesn't fit with what Egyptologysts say it should look like to represent what they say it represents.

But, we've been over this road before.

You still haven't provided me a since source to back up any of your claims about LDS. Not one.

LOL Original source for the bible? nuts...It was promulgated by a Council and put togeter. Now, did you mean to attack a specific book? The septugint? Judaism? What?

As to your other nonsense....Let us agree to use the minimum standard....not fall below it, as is required to classify LDS as anything other than a cult.

Primary, Secondary and tertiary Sources. Hearsay exceptions as noted in Restatement on Evidence.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 11:22:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/2/2012 5:57:21 PM, tyler90az wrote:
At 3/2/2012 12:10:19 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
http://www.milkandcookies.com...

This is how all religions basically started.

Regards
DL

You have watched more then that South Park episode. Therefore, you should know that they exaggerate everything and misconstrue most stuff. I watched that episode awhile ago and know both of those apply.

It is also important to note that Trey and Matt believe that Latter-day Saints live their religion more then adherents of any other religion. In other words, they recognize that we are not hypocrites. That is what attracts many people to our religion. A person with a good heart who wants to live a good and honorable life is attracted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

That clip uses humor to convey a truth.

As to Mormons living their theology better than others, I cannot say, but it is my view that any theology based on fantasy, miracles and magic that is all real is foolish.

Let me say that any religion not based on male and female equality is corrupt.

Are Mormon women allowed as many husbands as the husbands are allowed wives?

If not, why not?

Regards
DL
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 1:15:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 6:40:04 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 10:06:23 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/2/2012 5:52:45 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 5:44:45 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/2/2012 4:53:16 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 11:42:47 AM, fishing_007 wrote:
Yoda, would you mind explaining why you are against my proposition? Thanks. Shane

Short answer....Book of Mormon is a great con, should be studied by all who desire to perpetrate a fraud that is profitable.

Prove it.

Thats like proving the sky up. No original source document, perpetrate by a criminal, used to disenfranchise women and blacks, Polygamy, historical nonsense and most significant. Smith drew a copy of what he claimed he saw and it was a burial ritual. Short quote of Young to ANew Greely

"If I found a need to ask the opinion of a woman on a task I wasto undertake I had best not undertake that task." 'Kill um"

You're showing your ignorance again Logic.

There is no original source document for the Bible either, but you seem to make that a BoM only argument.

I've also addressed the 'criminality' before as well. Are you going to uphold the law 100% in relation to Mormons at that time?

What's wrong with polygamy?

Women and blacks were not treated any worse in the church than outside, and in many instances they were treated much better. Moral values are often dependent on society, and change with time.

The 'burial ceremony' you are wrong about on many levels. First, it wasn't a drawing of what he saw, it was an actual papyrii. Second, no LDS scripture was translated from the papyrii that we still have, and Joseph Smith claimed to have many, many more than we can account for. Third, the drawing of the full figure doesn't fit with what Egyptologysts say it should look like to represent what they say it represents.

But, we've been over this road before.

You still haven't provided me a since source to back up any of your claims about LDS. Not one.


LOL Original source for the bible? nuts...It was promulgated by a Council and put togeter. Now, did you mean to attack a specific book? The septugint? Judaism? What?

As to your other nonsense....Let us agree to use the minimum standard....not fall below it, as is required to classify LDS as anything other than a cult.

Primary, Secondary and tertiary Sources. Hearsay exceptions as noted in Restatement on Evidence.

Just provide a source man. Are you capable?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 2:10:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 1:15:08 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/3/2012 6:40:04 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 10:06:23 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/2/2012 5:52:45 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 5:44:45 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/2/2012 4:53:16 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 11:42:47 AM, fishing_007 wrote:
Yoda, would you mind explaining why you are against my proposition? Thanks. Shane

Short answer....Book of Mormon is a great con, should be studied by all who desire to perpetrate a fraud that is profitable.

Prove it.

Thats like proving the sky up. No original source document, perpetrate by a criminal, used to disenfranchise women and blacks, Polygamy, historical nonsense and most significant. Smith drew a copy of what he claimed he saw and it was a burial ritual. Short quote of Young to ANew Greely

"If I found a need to ask the opinion of a woman on a task I wasto undertake I had best not undertake that task." 'Kill um"

You're showing your ignorance again Logic.

There is no original source document for the Bible either, but you seem to make that a BoM only argument.

I've also addressed the 'criminality' before as well. Are you going to uphold the law 100% in relation to Mormons at that time?

What's wrong with polygamy?

Women and blacks were not treated any worse in the church than outside, and in many instances they were treated much better. Moral values are often dependent on society, and change with time.

The 'burial ceremony' you are wrong about on many levels. First, it wasn't a drawing of what he saw, it was an actual papyrii. Second, no LDS scripture was translated from the papyrii that we still have, and Joseph Smith claimed to have many, many more than we can account for. Third, the drawing of the full figure doesn't fit with what Egyptologysts say it should look like to represent what they say it represents.

But, we've been over this road before.

You still haven't provided me a since source to back up any of your claims about LDS. Not one.


LOL Original source for the bible? nuts...It was promulgated by a Council and put togeter. Now, did you mean to attack a specific book? The septugint? Judaism? What?

As to your other nonsense....Let us agree to use the minimum standard....not fall below it, as is required to classify LDS as anything other than a cult.

Primary, Secondary and tertiary Sources. Hearsay exceptions as noted in Restatement on Evidence.

Just provide a source man. Are you capable?

The West....PBS, tertiary source. Andrew Greely, Hearsay exception
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 5:18:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
That clip uses humor to convey a truth.

As to Mormons living their theology better than others, I cannot say, but it is my view that any theology based on fantasy, miracles and magic that is all real is foolish.

Let me say that any religion not based on male and female equality is corrupt.

Are Mormon women allowed as many husbands as the husbands are allowed wives?

If not, why not?

Regards
DL

Men don't get pregnant, therefore, it is pointless for women to have multiple husbands.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 5:20:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 2:10:13 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/3/2012 1:15:08 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/3/2012 6:40:04 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 10:06:23 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/2/2012 5:52:45 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 5:44:45 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/2/2012 4:53:16 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 11:42:47 AM, fishing_007 wrote:
Yoda, would you mind explaining why you are against my proposition? Thanks. Shane

Short answer....Book of Mormon is a great con, should be studied by all who desire to perpetrate a fraud that is profitable.

Prove it.

Thats like proving the sky up. No original source document, perpetrate by a criminal, used to disenfranchise women and blacks, Polygamy, historical nonsense and most significant. Smith drew a copy of what he claimed he saw and it was a burial ritual. Short quote of Young to ANew Greely

"If I found a need to ask the opinion of a woman on a task I wasto undertake I had best not undertake that task." 'Kill um"

You're showing your ignorance again Logic.

There is no original source document for the Bible either, but you seem to make that a BoM only argument.

I've also addressed the 'criminality' before as well. Are you going to uphold the law 100% in relation to Mormons at that time?

What's wrong with polygamy?

Women and blacks were not treated any worse in the church than outside, and in many instances they were treated much better. Moral values are often dependent on society, and change with time.

The 'burial ceremony' you are wrong about on many levels. First, it wasn't a drawing of what he saw, it was an actual papyrii. Second, no LDS scripture was translated from the papyrii that we still have, and Joseph Smith claimed to have many, many more than we can account for. Third, the drawing of the full figure doesn't fit with what Egyptologysts say it should look like to represent what they say it represents.

But, we've been over this road before.

You still haven't provided me a since source to back up any of your claims about LDS. Not one.


LOL Original source for the bible? nuts...It was promulgated by a Council and put togeter. Now, did you mean to attack a specific book? The septugint? Judaism? What?

As to your other nonsense....Let us agree to use the minimum standard....not fall below it, as is required to classify LDS as anything other than a cult.

Primary, Secondary and tertiary Sources. Hearsay exceptions as noted in Restatement on Evidence.

Just provide a source man. Are you capable?

The West....PBS, tertiary source. Andrew Greely, Hearsay exception

My sources are things people have said, TV, books, and the truth.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 5:22:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 5:18:48 PM, tyler90az wrote:
That clip uses humor to convey a truth.

As to Mormons living their theology better than others, I cannot say, but it is my view that any theology based on fantasy, miracles and magic that is all real is foolish.

Let me say that any religion not based on male and female equality is corrupt.

Are Mormon women allowed as many husbands as the husbands are allowed wives?

If not, why not?

Regards
DL

Men don't get pregnant, therefore, it is pointless for women to have multiple husbands.

So Mormons do understand why they allow Men to abuse women. By that logic it is also pointless to have more than one man with a set.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 5:23:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 5:22:35 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:18:48 PM, tyler90az wrote:
That clip uses humor to convey a truth.

As to Mormons living their theology better than others, I cannot say, but it is my view that any theology based on fantasy, miracles and magic that is all real is foolish.

Let me say that any religion not based on male and female equality is corrupt.

Are Mormon women allowed as many husbands as the husbands are allowed wives?

If not, why not?

Regards
DL

Men don't get pregnant, therefore, it is pointless for women to have multiple husbands.

So Mormons do understand why they allow Men to abuse women. By that logic it is also pointless to have more than one man with a set.

Who said abuse women?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 5:58:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 5:20:56 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/3/2012 2:10:13 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/3/2012 1:15:08 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/3/2012 6:40:04 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 10:06:23 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/2/2012 5:52:45 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 5:44:45 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/2/2012 4:53:16 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 11:42:47 AM, fishing_007 wrote:
Yoda, would you mind explaining why you are against my proposition? Thanks. Shane

Short answer....Book of Mormon is a great con, should be studied by all who desire to perpetrate a fraud that is profitable.

Prove it.

Thats like proving the sky up. No original source document, perpetrate by a criminal, used to disenfranchise women and blacks, Polygamy, historical nonsense and most significant. Smith drew a copy of what he claimed he saw and it was a burial ritual. Short quote of Young to ANew Greely

"If I found a need to ask the opinion of a woman on a task I wasto undertake I had best not undertake that task." 'Kill um"

You're showing your ignorance again Logic.

There is no original source document for the Bible either, but you seem to make that a BoM only argument.

I've also addressed the 'criminality' before as well. Are you going to uphold the law 100% in relation to Mormons at that time?

What's wrong with polygamy?

Women and blacks were not treated any worse in the church than outside, and in many instances they were treated much better. Moral values are often dependent on society, and change with time.

The 'burial ceremony' you are wrong about on many levels. First, it wasn't a drawing of what he saw, it was an actual papyrii. Second, no LDS scripture was translated from the papyrii that we still have, and Joseph Smith claimed to have many, many more than we can account for. Third, the drawing of the full figure doesn't fit with what Egyptologysts say it should look like to represent what they say it represents.

But, we've been over this road before.

You still haven't provided me a since source to back up any of your claims about LDS. Not one.


LOL Original source for the bible? nuts...It was promulgated by a Council and put togeter. Now, did you mean to attack a specific book? The septugint? Judaism? What?

As to your other nonsense....Let us agree to use the minimum standard....not fall below it, as is required to classify LDS as anything other than a cult.

Primary, Secondary and tertiary Sources. Hearsay exceptions as noted in Restatement on Evidence.

Just provide a source man. Are you capable?

The West....PBS, tertiary source. Andrew Greely, Hearsay exception

My sources are things people have said, TV, books, and the truth.

You're a clown.....so its subjective. Like I said, you deny facts in favor of lies to perpetuate nonsense.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 6:04:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 5:58:59 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:20:56 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/3/2012 2:10:13 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/3/2012 1:15:08 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/3/2012 6:40:04 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 10:06:23 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/2/2012 5:52:45 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 5:44:45 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/2/2012 4:53:16 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 11:42:47 AM, fishing_007 wrote:
Yoda, would you mind explaining why you are against my proposition? Thanks. Shane

Short answer....Book of Mormon is a great con, should be studied by all who desire to perpetrate a fraud that is profitable.

Prove it.

Thats like proving the sky up. No original source document, perpetrate by a criminal, used to disenfranchise women and blacks, Polygamy, historical nonsense and most significant. Smith drew a copy of what he claimed he saw and it was a burial ritual. Short quote of Young to ANew Greely

"If I found a need to ask the opinion of a woman on a task I wasto undertake I had best not undertake that task." 'Kill um"

You're showing your ignorance again Logic.

There is no original source document for the Bible either, but you seem to make that a BoM only argument.

I've also addressed the 'criminality' before as well. Are you going to uphold the law 100% in relation to Mormons at that time?

What's wrong with polygamy?

Women and blacks were not treated any worse in the church than outside, and in many instances they were treated much better. Moral values are often dependent on society, and change with time.

The 'burial ceremony' you are wrong about on many levels. First, it wasn't a drawing of what he saw, it was an actual papyrii. Second, no LDS scripture was translated from the papyrii that we still have, and Joseph Smith claimed to have many, many more than we can account for. Third, the drawing of the full figure doesn't fit with what Egyptologysts say it should look like to represent what they say it represents.

But, we've been over this road before.

You still haven't provided me a since source to back up any of your claims about LDS. Not one.


LOL Original source for the bible? nuts...It was promulgated by a Council and put togeter. Now, did you mean to attack a specific book? The septugint? Judaism? What?

As to your other nonsense....Let us agree to use the minimum standard....not fall below it, as is required to classify LDS as anything other than a cult.

Primary, Secondary and tertiary Sources. Hearsay exceptions as noted in Restatement on Evidence.

Just provide a source man. Are you capable?

The West....PBS, tertiary source. Andrew Greely, Hearsay exception

My sources are things people have said, TV, books, and the truth.

You're a clown.....so its subjective. Like I said, you deny facts in favor of lies to perpetuate nonsense.

I've told you many times logic, I'm still waiting for you to provide a single fact, properly sourced.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 6:23:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 5:23:36 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:22:35 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:18:48 PM, tyler90az wrote:
That clip uses humor to convey a truth.

As to Mormons living their theology better than others, I cannot say, but it is my view that any theology based on fantasy, miracles and magic that is all real is foolish.

Let me say that any religion not based on male and female equality is corrupt.

Are Mormon women allowed as many husbands as the husbands are allowed wives?

If not, why not?

Regards
DL

Men don't get pregnant, therefore, it is pointless for women to have multiple husbands.

So Mormons do understand why they allow Men to abuse women. By that logic it is also pointless to have more than one man with a set.

Who said abuse women?

I did...in place of polygamy. I applied the goose gander rule, a well known principle of law and reason which states that if it good enough for the goose etc. and if the gander is estoped it is abusive.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 6:31:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 6:23:59 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:23:36 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:22:35 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/3/2012 5:18:48 PM, tyler90az wrote:
That clip uses humor to convey a truth.

As to Mormons living their theology better than others, I cannot say, but it is my view that any theology based on fantasy, miracles and magic that is all real is foolish.

Let me say that any religion not based on male and female equality is corrupt.

Are Mormon women allowed as many husbands as the husbands are allowed wives?

If not, why not?

Regards
DL

Men don't get pregnant, therefore, it is pointless for women to have multiple husbands.

So Mormons do understand why they allow Men to abuse women. By that logic it is also pointless to have more than one man with a set.

Who said abuse women?

I did...in place of polygamy. I applied the goose gander rule, a well known principle of law and reason which states that if it good enough for the goose etc. and if the gander is estoped it is abusive.

There is a slight flaw with your thinking: It's a logical fallacy. Fallacy of composition. What is good for a part of a group isn't necessarily good for the group.

You think everything that is good for women is good for men and vice versa?

When was the last time you had a pap smear?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 6:51:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Logic, we have far more to agree on, then to disagree on. Like you, I believe Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. That he gave his life so that we could be saved. Like you, I also believe the Bible to be the word of God. I also accept all the books in the Bible to have spiritual worth.

Our big difference is that I accept The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ in my cannon. Why do I accept it? I accept it because I have read the book and can testify with millions of other people that The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ, is indeed true. I know that The Book of Mormon is true! Why not give it a shot? What do you have to lose?

Again like you, I thought The Book of Mormon was a fraud when I heard about it. How could The Book of Mormon be true? There is just no way! Then I decided what do I have to lose by reading it. I then read The Book of Mormon! I can testify that The Book of Mormon is true. I know that it is a companion to the Bible, it teaches the same doctrine.

As a friend, I plead with you, please read The Book of Mormon. It is so easy to read, go to this link http://www.lds.org...

8 Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also.

9 And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my words according to mine own pleasure. And because that I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my work is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever.

10 Wherefore, because that ye have a Bible ye need not suppose that it contains all my words; neither need ye suppose that I have not caused more to be written.
2 Nephi 29:8-10
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 9:08:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 6:51:17 PM, tyler90az wrote:
Logic, we have far more to agree on, then to disagree on. Like you, I believe Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. That he gave his life so that we could be saved. Like you, I also believe the Bible to be the word of God. I also accept all the books in the Bible to have spiritual worth.

Our big difference is that I accept The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ in my cannon. Why do I accept it? I accept it because I have read the book and can testify with millions of other people that The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ, is indeed true. I know that The Book of Mormon is true! Why not give it a shot? What do you have to lose?

Again like you, I thought The Book of Mormon was a fraud when I heard about it. How could The Book of Mormon be true? There is just no way! Then I decided what do I have to lose by reading it. I then read The Book of Mormon! I can testify that The Book of Mormon is true. I know that it is a companion to the Bible, it teaches the same doctrine.

As a friend, I plead with you, please read The Book of Mormon. It is so easy to read, go to this link http://www.lds.org...

8 Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also.

9 And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my words according to mine own pleasure. And because that I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my work is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever.

10 Wherefore, because that ye have a Bible ye need not suppose that it contains all my words; neither need ye suppose that I have not caused more to be written.
2 Nephi 29:8-10

Well, that is wishful thinking. I belief Jesus is the Christ. I believe in the triune God. You believe in many gods,you believe Jesus and satan are brothers. You insist on claiming fact is not fact because you believe. That is why LDS is a cult, not a religion. It is simple really, Christians, even those with whom I disagree, baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Spirit one God forever. LDS does not. Ido not accept that one can believe evolution does not exst, ...it is not open to belief as it is a fact. You deny fact because to accept fact cancels your cultish belief paradigm.

Mountain Meadows....the coverup is what shows the character of LDS.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 9:51:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I agree with nearly all that logic has posted.

The book of mormon is not a companion to the bible.. it teaches a very man-centered theology and is completely in conflict with the scriptures of the bible.

I have not read much of it, but as i am Polynesian, i have a many relatives who are mormon(nearly all of laie in oahu, HI) and they believe that adam is also a brother of Christ.. and that we all will be Gods...

not to mention the polygamist beliefs. I know Bringham Young opposed most of this, but none the less it is not in a close proximity of likeness to the bible..

I can say i like a lot of mormons better then i do Christians.. most of them are really nice peeps, but they are only going to suffer wrath on the last day..

Logic - we should pray for these people. God does intervene, and he has done so with us; otherwise we would be lost as they are, and all who do not accept Christ as the only way to salvation.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 10:24:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 9:51:40 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
I agree with nearly all that logic has posted.

You agree with his un-supported, un-defended claims?

The book of mormon is not a companion to the bible.. it teaches a very man-centered theology and is completely in conflict with the scriptures of the bible.


Not really, but anyone can say it is but refuse to post specifics, which is what logic has been doing over several threads.

I have not read much of it, but as i am Polynesian, i have a many relatives who are mormon(nearly all of laie in oahu, HI) and they believe that adam is also a brother of Christ..

Yes, a spiritual brother. Not a physical brother. This isn't contradicted by the Bible.

and that we all will be Gods...

What does it mean to be Gods? Christ commanded us to be perfect, just like the Father. What happens if you become just like your father? You don't replace him, but you would have to have the same characteristics as him.


not to mention the polygamist beliefs.

Polygamy was ordained of God in the Bible too.

I know Bringham Young opposed most of this, but none the less it is not in a close proximity of likeness to the bible..

I can say i like a lot of mormons better then i do Christians.. most of them are really nice peeps, but they are only going to suffer wrath on the last day..

Logic - we should pray for these people. God does intervene, and he has done so with us; otherwise we would be lost as they are, and all who do not accept Christ as the only way to salvation.

Maybe, since you haven't actually read LDS scripture, you would have a better understanding of it if you did read it.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 10:49:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I assume that everyone agrees that the fact some one wrote down that God did this, or God wants that, doesn't prove squat, cause anyone can put pen to paper and literally say anything about God. (Another argument in support of atheism perhaps ?)

Yes this includes the book of mormon and the bible.

This message has been bought to you by captain obvious.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 10:52:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/2/2012 11:42:47 AM, fishing_007 wrote:
Yoda, would you mind explaining why you are against my proposition? Thanks. Shane

Well Joseph Smith did translate some Egyptian Papyri and was even kind enough to show the drawing of them. We have even found the original.
Guess what, he was totally wrong.
http://carm.org...
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 11:09:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 10:52:24 PM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 3/2/2012 11:42:47 AM, fishing_007 wrote:
Yoda, would you mind explaining why you are against my proposition? Thanks. Shane

Well Joseph Smith did translate some Egyptian Papyri and was even kind enough to show the drawing of them. We have even found the original.
Guess what, he was totally wrong.
http://carm.org...

Get your facts straight.

We haven't found all of, or even close to all of, Joseph's papyrii. The ones we do have have been damaged, and are missing many parts.

Egyptologists say that the missing parts should look like 'X' and they mean 'Y', but the replications of theses papyrii that we have show 'Z', not 'X'.

None of LDS scripture came from the papyrii that we have.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 11:38:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/3/2012 10:52:24 PM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 3/2/2012 11:42:47 AM, fishing_007 wrote:
Yoda, would you mind explaining why you are against my proposition? Thanks. Shane

Well Joseph Smith did translate some Egyptian Papyri and was even kind enough to show the drawing of them. We have even found the original.
Guess what, he was totally wrong.
http://carm.org...

Joseph spoke of the book of Abraham and said it was wrote in red and black writing. The book of breathing was wrote only in black. this proves that was not the book of abraham. We now see that red and black writing was done, did you know the dead sea scrolls were wrote in red and black..... he did have the book of breathing but never translated them.

i will add some links but right now im on my phone
Me
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 2:07:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/2/2012 4:53:16 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/2/2012 11:42:47 AM, fishing_007 wrote:
Yoda, would you mind explaining why you are against my proposition? Thanks. Shane

Short answer....Book of Mormon is a great con, should be studied by all who desire to perpetrate a fraud that is profitable.
Shorter longer answer....Book of Mormon is another great con as is the bible, should be studied by all who desire to perpetrate a fraud that is profitable or by those like myself that know what it really says fatal to other Cults besides Mormonism, e.g. christianity.