Total Posts:33|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Jesus Camp

Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2009 8:39:01 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
When I hung out with some of my friends who attended the local Pentecostal church, I went to something similar.

It wasn't quite like what this was, but close enough. They held prayer meetings three times a day, talked about God and the Bible and then proceeded to talk in tongues and other things, while I looked on or stayed back at my cabin and read.

It was an interesting experience, but it was actually very fun as well. Some of the activities we did were hilariously stupid, an example being when we aimed fireworks at each other. It broadened my appreciation for them, and made me realize that while they were nutty evangelicals, they were still proper human beings.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2009 3:26:47 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
This is what we have today as a result of the 'charismatic' movement: Emotionalism instead of Spirituality.
It is a fleshly, earthly, ZOMBIE CHRISTIANITY. (TM)

Q: Who was the most charismatic speaker of the 20th century?

2 Corinthians 10:5 (New King James Version)
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

The Cross.. the Cross.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2009 7:00:53 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/3/2009 3:26:47 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Q: Who was the most charismatic speaker of the 20th century?

MLK?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2009 9:45:43 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/3/2009 7:00:53 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 7/3/2009 3:26:47 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Q: Who was the most charismatic speaker of the 20th century?

MLK?

No, sorry. I need more.

God aint omnipotent but anything that IS possible He can do!
The Cross.. the Cross.
ToastOfDestiny
Posts: 990
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2009 10:36:35 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/3/2009 3:26:47 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
This is what we have today as a result of the 'charismatic' movement: Emotionalism instead of Spirituality.
It is a fleshly, earthly, ZOMBIE CHRISTIANITY. (TM)

Q: Who was the most charismatic speaker of the 20th century?


Rush Limbaugh?
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2009 10:45:06 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/3/2009 10:36:35 AM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:
Rush Limbaugh?

You can't be serious.

Anyways, let us not stray from the topic as the troll wishes us to do. What are people's thoughts on "Jesus Camps"?
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2009 11:16:38 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/3/2009 10:45:06 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 7/3/2009 10:36:35 AM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:
Rush Limbaugh?

You can't be serious.

Anyways, let us not stray from the topic as the troll wishes us to do. What are people's thoughts on "Jesus Camps"?

Did anyone else notice that Kleptins lips didn't move then? how does he do that?

A. Adolf Hitler.
Point: Being 'charismatic' is neither here nor there.

Matt16:15 "But Who do you say that I Am?"
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2009 2:24:59 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/3/2009 12:07:01 PM, threelittlebirds wrote:

*gets back to the real topic of the thread-trashing Christians*

I've seen the whole of this movie and found the whole thing pretty distasteful:
BUT i honestly think that says as much about Americans as it does Christians.. everything you guys do has to be be bigger, louder, fatter and uglier.

Q: Does the fact that there are forged bank notes in circulation mean there is no such thing as the REAL thing?
Because that's what you're implying right?

Matt 16:15 "But Who do you say that I Am?"
The Cross.. the Cross.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2009 2:49:10 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/3/2009 2:24:59 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 7/3/2009 12:07:01 PM, threelittlebirds wrote:

*gets back to the real topic of the thread-trashing Christians*

I've seen the whole of this movie and found the whole thing pretty distasteful:
BUT i honestly think that says as much about Americans as it does Christians.. everything you guys do has to be be bigger, louder, fatter and uglier.

Q: Does the fact that there are forged bank notes in circulation mean there is no such thing as the REAL thing?
Because that's what you're implying right?


Point taken.

Though, you would be consider a radical Christian in Europe, you're a sinner in their eyes (No offence).

Though I have found tolerant Christians, most of them being Christian to be "cool", parsay.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2009 2:01:35 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/3/2009 2:49:10 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/3/2009 2:24:59 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 7/3/2009 12:07:01 PM, threelittlebirds wrote:

*gets back to the real topic of the thread-trashing Christians*

I've seen the whole of this movie and found the whole thing pretty distasteful:
BUT i honestly think that says as much about Americans as it does Christians.. everything you guys do has to be be bigger, louder, fatter and uglier.

Q: Does the fact that there are forged bank notes in circulation mean there is no such thing as the REAL thing?
Because that's what you're implying right?


Point taken.

No one was talking to you.

Though, you would be consider a radical Christian in Europe, you're a sinner in their eyes (No offence).

Oh that's way too simplistic and generalised (and plain WRONG) to take offence at, especially from someone who's never left the bog.

Though I have found tolerant Christians, most of them being Christian to be "cool", parsay.

I just like to take this opportunity once again to thank you for wearing the hat in my presence.. it really is appreciated.

Matt16:15 "But Who do you say that I Am?"
The Cross.. the Cross.
Chuckles
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2009 5:24:09 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/4/2009 2:01:35 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 7/3/2009 2:49:10 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/3/2009 2:24:59 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 7/3/2009 12:07:01 PM, threelittlebirds wrote:

*gets back to the real topic of the thread-trashing Christians*

I've seen the whole of this movie and found the whole thing pretty distasteful:
BUT i honestly think that says as much about Americans as it does Christians.. everything you guys do has to be be bigger, louder, fatter and uglier.

Q: Does the fact that there are forged bank notes in circulation mean there is no such thing as the REAL thing?
Because that's what you're implying right?


Point taken.

No one was talking to you.

Good sh#t Dat, he was agreeing with you there. I realize you don't feel like you need anybody's help from this forum, but if you're at all trying to convince someone that your beliefs are "right", maybe alienating them when they concede you have a point is a bad idea. I'm normally not too pissed off by your antics, sometimes i enjoy them, but don't act like you've got a pineapple up your a$s. f#cking don't be a PRICK.
"Pumas are wretched beasts with enourmous salty genitals."-MadMonkey889

: At 5/5/2009 9:47:22 PM, rogerklotz wrote:
:That's obviously changed by the government. The Atlanteans probably had something to do with it.
: QUIT USING LOGIC

: At 4/25/2009 3:09:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
:God is GOING to have His way with you.
: At 5/5/2009 11:41:18 AM, Volkov wrote:
:When both sides can agree and disagree without someone quoting Proverbs, then the debate comes worthwhile
Chuckles
Posts: 274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2009 5:24:40 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/3/2009 10:36:35 AM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:
At 7/3/2009 3:26:47 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
This is what we have today as a result of the 'charismatic' movement: Emotionalism instead of Spirituality.
It is a fleshly, earthly, ZOMBIE CHRISTIANITY. (TM)

Q: Who was the most charismatic speaker of the 20th century?


Rush Limbaugh?

not sure if that was a joke, but i'm laughing anyway.
"Pumas are wretched beasts with enourmous salty genitals."-MadMonkey889

: At 5/5/2009 9:47:22 PM, rogerklotz wrote:
:That's obviously changed by the government. The Atlanteans probably had something to do with it.
: QUIT USING LOGIC

: At 4/25/2009 3:09:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
:God is GOING to have His way with you.
: At 5/5/2009 11:41:18 AM, Volkov wrote:
:When both sides can agree and disagree without someone quoting Proverbs, then the debate comes worthwhile
ChristianM
Posts: 1,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2009 5:04:31 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/5/2009 9:08:31 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
Ever seen the movie "Jesus Camp" ?? Without doubt, one of the scariest movies ever made...

Be quiet animefan- oh. I mean JCMT.
ToastOfDestiny
Posts: 990
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2009 12:09:51 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I was joking with the Limbaugh comment. He makes up for quality with quantity.
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
TheSixCents
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2009 4:28:23 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Forcing a child to practice such and such Religion is morally wrong and ethically unsound.

By the way, whats with all the Ann Coulter and Newt Gingrich ads. Its making me unhappy.

HaHa.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2009 5:03:33 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
The worst part of 3LB's vid was where they were "breaking the cup of secular govt" or whatever.

Jesus really has no place in education. I am shocked that people still think that even after the fall of the Catholic government.

Government should have no statements regarding religion. I don't even see why any Christian would want religion forced on people through govt.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Octavian
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2009 5:30:09 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/6/2009 4:28:23 PM, TheSixCents wrote:
Forcing a child to practice such and such Religion is morally wrong and ethically unsound.

By the way, whats with all the Ann Coulter and Newt Gingrich ads. Its making me unhappy.

HaHa.

I know, there are so many ads for Ann Coulter! As well, the most popular terms to search on this website seem to be dumb American political terms, i.e. "liberal," "conservative," and the political spectrum only containing Republican and Democrat.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2009 5:33:41 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
RE: search terms

I don't use the search feature. I'm sure that is all inflated.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2009 1:20:31 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/4/2009 5:24:09 PM, Chuckles wrote:
At 7/4/2009 2:01:35 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 7/3/2009 2:49:10 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 7/3/2009 2:24:59 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 7/3/2009 12:07:01 PM, threelittlebirds wrote:

*gets back to the real topic of the thread-trashing Christians*

I've seen the whole of this movie and found the whole thing pretty distasteful:
BUT i honestly think that says as much about Americans as it does Christians.. everything you guys do has to be be bigger, louder, fatter and uglier.

Q: Does the fact that there are forged bank notes in circulation mean there is no such thing as the REAL thing?
Because that's what you're implying right?


Point taken.

No one was talking to you.

Good sh#t Dat, he was agreeing with you there. I realize you don't feel like you need anybody's help from this forum, but if you're at all trying to convince someone that your beliefs are "right", maybe alienating them when they concede you have a point is a bad idea. I'm normally not too pissed off by your antics, sometimes i enjoy them, but don't act like you've got a pineapple up your a$s. f#cking don't be a PRICK.

This is a personal thing between Panda-boy and myself: He has 'used up all of his L.A privileges' .
I'm also reporting this post.

1 Corinthians 1:20 (New King James Version)
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
The Cross.. the Cross.
threelittlebirds
Posts: 142
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2009 3:51:04 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/6/2009 4:28:23 PM, TheSixCents wrote:
Forcing a child to practice such and such Religion is morally wrong and ethically unsound.

By the way, whats with all the Ann Coulter and Newt Gingrich ads. Its making me unhappy.

HaHa.
The creator of this website is very conservative I think.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2009 4:00:51 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/7/2009 3:51:04 PM, threelittlebirds wrote:
The creator of this website is very conservative I think.

Don't be silly. Google ads are based off the content within the page/pages on the website - not the whims of the web host.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2009 4:14:17 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 7/3/2009 12:07:01 PM, threelittlebirds wrote:


Now in this, these children had the choice to leave, where as in school getting taught evolution they don't, if they leave the class they get punished.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2009 4:16:54 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/7/2009 4:00:51 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 7/7/2009 3:51:04 PM, threelittlebirds wrote:
The creator of this website is very conservative I think.

Don't be silly. Google ads are based off the content within the page/pages on the website - not the whims of the web host.

You're both right. The creators were conservative. However, they do not pick the ads.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2009 5:29:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/7/2009 4:14:17 PM, GodSands wrote:

Now in this, these children had the choice to leave, where as in school getting taught evolution they don't, if they leave the class they get punished.

Are you KIDDING me? Do you seriously think that these children would not receive any punishment from their parents if they suddenly stood up in church and said "Im sorry mom and dad, im an atheist, im no longer going to church"?

Also, Evolution is taught to students when they are 17/18 years old. Infact, in most cases, Biology is an elective course. I agree, the student would get punished. Hed get punished by receiving a lower grade mark. Wow, thats so harsh! Clearly, being punished by your parents and being screamed at, shouted at, is alot better than receiving a B instead of an A!

Your analogy to Evolution being taught in schools, and this, fails miserably. Sorry, but nice try.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2009 5:33:29 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/7/2009 5:29:06 PM, tkubok wrote:
Also, Evolution is taught to students when they are 17/18 years old. Infact, in most cases, Biology is an elective course.

Umm, no. I am required to take it freshman year (14/15). It is mandatory.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2009 5:38:38 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/7/2009 5:33:29 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 7/7/2009 5:29:06 PM, tkubok wrote:
Also, Evolution is taught to students when they are 17/18 years old. Infact, in most cases, Biology is an elective course.

Umm, no. I am required to take it freshman year (14/15). It is mandatory.

I'd be pretty disappointed if it wasn't.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2009 5:41:50 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 7/7/2009 5:38:38 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 7/7/2009 5:33:29 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 7/7/2009 5:29:06 PM, tkubok wrote:
Also, Evolution is taught to students when they are 17/18 years old. Infact, in most cases, Biology is an elective course.

Umm, no. I am required to take it freshman year (14/15). It is mandatory.

I'd be pretty disappointed if it wasn't.

I'm curious as to what school tkubok attends.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light